CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 30, 2014, 12:00:04 AM

Title: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on October 30, 2014, 12:00:04 AM
Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Be warned, you will catch hell if you post something everyone doesn't agree with.  And heaven forbid if you should make a grammatical error, you'll be berated with GFYs!  So don't proceed if you have thin skin.  Then light a cigar, pop open your favorite pumpkin beer and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 12:02:46 AM
[quote name="Travellin Dave"]Not a problem, I'll just ignore it for two days, turn around and head out.[/quote]Ha.  Fair enough.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 12:05:42 AM
Well I'm done here.  Have a great night.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 12:28:00 AM
Well I'm done here.  Have a great night.
G'nite Tony, Good Morning Chip!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:08:00 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:16:58 AM
Today is Thursday, Oct. 30, the 303rd day of 2014. There are 62 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:17:31 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Oct. 30, 1974, Muhammad Ali knocked out George Foreman in the eighth round of a 15-round bout in Kinshasa, Zaire (zah-EER'), known as the "Rumble in the Jungle," to regain his world heavyweight title.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:18:00 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:18:40 AM
1735, the second president of the United States, John Adams, was born in Braintree, Massachusetts.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:18:59 AM
In 1864, Helena, Montana, was founded.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:19:18 AM
In 1921, the silent film classic "The Sheik," starring Rudolph Valentino, premiered in Los Angeles.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:19:51 AM
In 1938, the radio play "The War of the Worlds," starring Orson Welles, aired on CBS.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:20:15 AM
In 1944, the Martha Graham ballet "Appalachian Spring," with music by Aaron Copland, premiered at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., with Graham in a leading role.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:20:45 AM
In 1945, the U.S. government announced the end of shoe rationing, effective at midnight.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:21:35 AM
In 1953, Gen. George C. Marshall was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Dr. Albert Schweitzer received the Peace Prize for 1952.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:22:20 AM
1961, the Soviet Union tested a hydrogen bomb, the "Tsar Bomba," with a force estimated at about 50 megatons. The Soviet Party Congress unanimously approved a resolution ordering the removal of Josef Stalin's body from Lenin's tomb.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:22:48 AM
In 1972, 45 people were killed when an Illinois Central Gulf commuter train was struck from behind by another train in Chicago's South Side.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:23:23 AM
In 1984, police in Poland found the body of kidnapped pro-Solidarity priest Father Jerzy Popieluszko (YEHR'-zee pah-pee-WOOSH'-goh), whose death was blamed on security officers.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:23:43 AM
1989, Mitsubishi Estate Co. announced it was buying 51 percent of Rockefeller Group Inc. of New York. (However, amid a real estate slump, Mitsubishi ended up walking away from its investment in 1995.)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:24:08 AM
In 1997, a jury in Cambridge, Massachusetts, convicted British au pair Louise Woodward of second-degree murder in the death of eight-month-old Matthew Eappen. (The judge, Hiller B. Zobel, later reduced the verdict to manslaughter and set Woodward free.)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:24:50 AM
Ten years ago: The decapitated body of a 24-year-old Japanese backpacker (Shosei Koda) was found wrapped in an American flag in northwestern Baghdad; the militant group led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi later claimed responsibility. Grateful fans embraced the World Series champion Boston Red Sox, hailing the team as heroes during a jubilant parade. Actress-dancer Peggy Ryan died in Las Vegas at age 80.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:25:22 AM
Five years ago: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was confronted repeatedly by Pakistanis as she ended a tense three-day tour of the country, chastised by one woman who said a U.S. program using aerial drones to target terrorists amounted to "executions without trial." Michelle Triola Marvin, who'd fought a landmark "palimony" case in the 1970s against former lover Lee Marvin, died in Malibu, California, at age 76.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:25:57 AM
One year ago: President Barack Obama claimed "full responsibility" for fixing his administration's troubled health insurance website, while on Capitol Hill, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius apologized to frustrated people trying to sign up, declaring that she was accountable for the failures but also defending the historic health care overhaul. The government said the deficit for the 2013 budget year totaled $680.3 billion, down from $1.09 trillion in 2012. The Boston Red Sox romped to their third World Series championship in 10 seasons, thumping the St. Louis Cardinals 6-1 in Game 6 at Fenway.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:26:37 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Dick Gautier is 77. Movie director Claude Lelouch is 77. Rock singer Grace Slick is 75. Songwriter Eddie Holland is 75. Rhythm-and-blues singer Otis Williams (The Temptations) is 73. Actress Joanna Shimkus is 71. Actor Henry Winkler is 69. Broadcast journalist Andrea Mitchell is 68. Rock musician Chris Slade (Asia) is 68. Country/rock musician Timothy B. Schmit (The Eagles) is 67. Actor Leon Rippy is 65. Actor Harry Hamlin is 63. Actor Charles Martin Smith is 61. Country singer T. Graham Brown is 60. Actor Kevin Pollak is 57. Actor Michael Beach is 51. Rock singer-musician Gavin Rossdale (Bush) is 47. Actor Jack Plotnick is 46. Comedian Ben Bailey is 44. Actress Nia Long is 44. Country singer Kassidy Osborn (SHeDAISY) (sh-DAY'-zee) is 38. Actor Gael Garcia Bernal is 36. Actor Matthew Morrison is 36. Actor Shaun Sipos (SEE'-pohs) is 33. Ivanka Trump is 33. Actress Janel (juh-NEHL') Parrish is 26. Actor Tequan Richmond is 22.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:27:19 AM
Thought for Today: "All men are almost led to believe not of proof, but by attraction." — Blaise Pascal, French philosopher (1623-1662).
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 04:28:44 AM
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
-------------------------

A contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" had reached the final plateau.
If she answered the next question correctly, she would win$1,000,000. If she answered incorrectly, she would pocket only the $32,000 milestone money.
As she suspected it would be, the million- dollar question was no pushover. It was: Which of the following species of birds does not build its own nest, but instead lays its eggs in the nests of other birds? Is it

A) the condor;
B) the buzzard;
C) the cuckoo; or
D) the vulture?"

The woman was on the spot.   She did not know the answer. And she was doubly on the spot because she had used up her 50/50 Lifeline and her Audience Poll Lifeline. All that remained was her Phone-a-Friend Lifeline, and the woman had hoped against hope that she would not have to use it because the only friend that she knew would be home happened to be a blonde. But the contestant had no alternative. She called her friend and gave her the question and the four choices.

The blonde responded unhesitatingly: "That's easy. The answer is C: The cuckoo."

The contestant had to make a decision and make it fast. She considered employing a reverse strategy and giving Regis any answer except the one that her friend had given her. And considering that her friend was a blonde, it would seem to be the logicalthing to do. On the other hand -- the blonde had responded with such confidence, such certitude, that the contestant could not help but be persuaded. "I need an answer," said Regis. Crossing her fingers, the contestant said, "C: The cuckoo."

"Is that your final answer?" asked Regis. "Yes, that is my final answer."

Two seconds later, Regis said, "I regret to inform you that the answer is-...... absolutely correct.
You are now a millionaire!"

Three days later, the contestant hosted a party for her family and friends including the blonde who had helped her win the million dollars. "Jenny, I just do not know how to thank you," said the contestant. "Because of your knowing the answer to that final question, I am now a millionaire.
And do you want to know something? It was your assuredness with which you answered the question that convinced me to go with your choice. By the way......how did you happen to know the right answer?"

"Oh, come on!" said the blonde. "Everybody knows that cuckoos don't build nests. They live in clocks."
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 05:04:50 AM
Joke #2
I don't think I will be scrambling around looking for a deal on this years release.

For the seventh consecutive year, Oliva Cigar Company has released a maduro version of their popular Oliva Serie V cigar.  The maduro wrapper version is released once a year (usually at the end) and a single production run is done.  The cigar is typically released in one size toward the end of the calendar year..  For 2013, Oliva introduces a new size to this line - a double toro measuring 6 x 60.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 05:23:50 AM
Good Morning and Happy Day Off LSU.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 05:25:22 AM
Good Morning and Happy Day Off LSU.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 05:38:14 AM
For any car race fans the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix is here this weekend and yesterday the Red Bull car driven by Sebastan Vettel had a demonstration event downtown on Congress Avenue in front of the Capital.  An F-1 car can go from 0-60 in less than 2 seconds and he showed it off.  This is a really cool picture of him doing donuts in front of the Capital.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 05:49:04 AM
Time to commute.  BBL
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 06:20:31 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 06:35:58 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 06:36:44 AM
Time to commute.  BBL
Morning Dave, Chip
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 30, 2014, 06:38:01 AM
Good morning Dean and Scott.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 06:40:21 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 06:43:28 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 06:47:42 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
Looks like we'll be about 4 hours apart, damn, FL's a big state
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 06:49:46 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
North Naples isn't too far. thinking of heading to Ybor City for the weekend but the Halloween festivities there are making me think another weekend would be better. going to visit KC after Thanksgiving though.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 06:55:15 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
North Naples isn't too far. thinking of heading to Ybor City for the weekend but the Halloween festivities there are making me think another weekend would be better. going to visit KC after Thanksgiving though.
Figures to be pretty crazy with Halloween on a Friday, we thought about going into Naples for it but may be a bit hectic for the travel day. Kids weren't interested in bringing their costumes
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 06:55:31 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
Looks like we'll be about 4 hours apart, damn, FL's a big state
yes, very big state. snowbirds have arrived and traveling is hazardous. hahaha.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 06:57:04 AM
WTF. 7 o'clock and still dark out.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 06:59:05 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
Looks like we'll be about 4 hours apart, damn, FL's a big state
yes, very big state. snowbirds have arrived and traveling is hazardous. hahaha.
LOL, how quickly you've become a local!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 07:01:19 AM
Howdy ho, neighbors.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:01:48 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Morning Dean, plenty dark here too.  Cinnamon chunks muffin and coffee here.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:02:16 AM
Time to commute.  BBL
Morning Dave, Chip
Morning Fish
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:04:09 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
Similar to TX & CA, Florida is a big state and it has 3 or 4 climates not all of which are "typical Florida climates" as seen on TV.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:05:38 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
Looks like we'll be about 4 hours apart, damn, FL's a big state
Yeah, Tampa is almost 2 hours from Dean and that is about half way to Naples - but Naples is perhaps the nicest place in FL  (except for the damn misquitos which are terrible there).
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:07:12 AM
WTF. 7 o'clock and still dark out.
Time changes Saturday night and that will change too!  But with your lifestyle you could change the time anytime to suit your plan for the day.  Sunaday you will be smoking your late afternoon cigar in the dark
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 07:07:17 AM
For any car race fans the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix is here this weekend and yesterday the Red Bull car driven by Sebastan Vettel had a demonstration event downtown on Congress Avenue in front of the Capital.  An F-1 car can go from 0-60 in less than 2 seconds and he showed it off.  This is a really cool picture of him doing donuts in front of the Capital.
That is so cool.  They were supposed to have a race close to here on the palisades overlooking Manhattan.  Not sure what happened with that?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 07:08:37 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
I love Naples.  Enjoy it, brother.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:13:21 AM
Howdy ho, neighbors.
neighbors?
morning Tony.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:15:04 AM
For any car race fans the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix is here this weekend and yesterday the Red Bull car driven by Sebastan Vettel had a demonstration event downtown on Congress Avenue in front of the Capital.  An F-1 car can go from 0-60 in less than 2 seconds and he showed it off.  This is a really cool picture of him doing donuts in front of the Capital.
That is so cool.  They were supposed to have a race close to here on the palisades overlooking Manhattan.  Not sure what happened with that?
Morning Tony, I have seen about every kind of racing there is on Land and See except F-1 and have not gone here because I just refuse to pay the asking price and deal with the headaches of getting there and back so being there yesterday to actuallly see an F-1 car (and hear it which was really cool) was pretty neat.  If you want an actual "seaing place" at the race those start at about $400 each and pitch in another $100+ to park within a 1/4 mile of the gate.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:15:50 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
Looks like we'll be about 4 hours apart, damn, FL's a big state
yes, very big state. snowbirds have arrived and traveling is hazardous. hahaha.
LOL, how quickly you've become a local!
the friends I've made here refer me as their local loco NY'er.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:17:58 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
got a cold front miving in. 70's for the next week with lows in the high 40's/50's. not your typical Florida weather.
morning Scott. where you going to be? think you told me but I forget easily these days.
DPG Blue in tasting nice this morning.
I saw that, looks like highs in the mid 70's for the weekend then low 80's next week. My sister has a house in North Naples, if I remember we're a couple hours south of you
Looks like we'll be about 4 hours apart, damn, FL's a big state
yes, very big state. snowbirds have arrived and traveling is hazardous. hahaha.
LOL, how quickly you've become a local!
Yeah, came down  from upstate NY  3 months ago and living in an RV calling people snow birds - really Dean?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 07:18:15 AM
Howdy ho, neighbors.
neighbors?
morning Tony.
It's all relative, my friend.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:20:00 AM
[...]
2 months, not 3.
I'm seasoned, not seasonal.
:)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:23:28 AM
[...]
and add bitching about the 50 degreee cold to the list of hyprocrisyism's
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:25:52 AM
Murcielago toro on deck. bat - on deck. get it?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 07:26:03 AM
[...]
I agree, it's beautiful there and my sister belongs to this place, about 4 blocks away:

http://www.laplayaresort.com/
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:27:16 AM
[...]
I start bitching when it hits the 70's!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 07:28:09 AM
good morning Chip and Dave.
DPG Blue toro and coffee.
dark out here.
Sounds nice, not your typical morning cigar, I like those a lot. I'll be in your climate by 11:00AM tomorrow, morning Dean
I love Naples.  Enjoy it, brother.
Morning Tony, have to pack the travel humi tonight. Nice walk-in at the ABC Liquor store about 5 minutes from the house also, bought and smoked  my first FdlA there last year
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 07:28:56 AM
Murcielago toro on deck. bat - on deck. get it?
Damn! Going strong this morning, another of my favorite staple cigars
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:29:38 AM
[...]

WOW! amazing place.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:33:44 AM
Murcielago toro on deck. bat - on deck. get it?
Damn! Going strong this morning, another of my favorite staple cigars
I have 3 I've held onto about a year. really looking forward to it. I remember going through a whole box in about a month!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 07:38:04 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 07:42:21 AM
Murcielago toro on deck. bat - on deck. get it?
Damn! Going strong this morning, another of my favorite staple cigars
I have 3 I've held onto about a year. really looking forward to it. I remember going through a whole box in about a month!
Famous still sells 4-packs of old stock, I'm down to about 8 I think. Every time I smoke one I thoroughly enjoy it
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 07:42:37 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Morning Shaun
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:44:44 AM
Murcielago toro on deck. bat - on deck. get it?
Excellent Cigar!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:45:55 AM
Murcielago toro on deck. bat - on deck. get it?
Damn! Going strong this morning, another of my favorite staple cigars
I have 3 I've held onto about a year. really looking forward to it. I remember going through a whole box in about a month!
Famous still sells 4-packs of old stock, I'm down to about 8 I think. Every time I smoke one I thoroughly enjoy it
I got my order of 20 (5/4-paks) from the recent mash in the mail yesterday.  That was a real deal.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 07:45:59 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Morning Shaun
Good mornin Scott!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 07:46:04 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:46:36 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Morning CG and Happy Haloween PayDay tomorrow.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:47:21 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on October 30, 2014, 07:47:32 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 07:49:22 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Nice Oy, I was curious about the 601 Steel
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:49:41 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Morning Worky OY
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 07:50:26 AM
Murcielago toro on deck. bat - on deck. get it?
Damn! Going strong this morning, another of my favorite staple cigars
I have 3 I've held onto about a year. really looking forward to it. I remember going through a whole box in about a month!
Famous still sells 4-packs of old stock, I'm down to about 8 I think. Every time I smoke one I thoroughly enjoy it
I got my order of 20 (5/4-paks) from the recent mash in the mail yesterday.  That was a real deal.
Indeed, great cigar to have in stock, too bad it's only a matter of time before their no longer available
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 07:51:02 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Hi Shawn.  How'd the eherf go?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 07:53:20 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
Awesome!  Good mornin Dean!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 07:53:34 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Not too many bad 601s.  Thanks for the info.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 07:53:37 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Morning CG and Happy Haloween PayDay tomorrow.
Thanks Tex, good mornin!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 07:54:00 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Hi Shawn.  How'd the eherf go?
Awesome, haven't had a shark in a while...really like em!  You get in a cigar last night?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 07:55:29 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Hi Shawn.  How'd the eherf go?
Awesome, haven't had a shark in a while...really like em!  You get in a cigar last night?
I smoked a Cain Daytona torp on my way home.  Hadn't smoked one in a while.  Nice cigar.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 07:58:09 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Hi Shawn.  How'd the eherf go?
Awesome, haven't had a shark in a while...really like em!  You get in a cigar last night?
I smoked a Cain Daytona torp on my way home.  Hadn't smoked one in a while.  Nice cigar.
Cains are underrated...I like the Daytona, Habano, and Maddy...Habano and Maddy are both $3 sticks on the Monster(assuming you add a promo code), usually 5/$18
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:58:23 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Hi Shawn.  How'd the eherf go?
Awesome, haven't had a shark in a while...really like em!  You get in a cigar last night?
I smoked a Cain Daytona torp on my way home.  Hadn't smoked one in a while.  Nice cigar.
+1 on the Cain Daytona it is a nice cigar for sure.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 07:59:04 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
Hi Shawn.  How'd the eherf go?
Awesome, haven't had a shark in a while...really like em!  You get in a cigar last night?
I smoked a Cain Daytona torp on my way home.  Hadn't smoked one in a while.  Nice cigar.
Cains are underrated...I like the Daytona, Habano, and Maddy...Habano and Maddy are both $3 sticks on the Monster(assuming you add a promo code), usually 5/$18
+1 on your Cain assessment too.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 08:00:49 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:01:22 AM
Ok, let's stop talking cigars because lurkers are gonna get the wrong impression of this forum.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 08:01:47 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
good morning David.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 08:03:01 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/dEaHSTA.gif)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:03:04 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 08:05:11 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:05:29 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
LMFAO  -  Best costume ever and should also scare the chit out of everybody both young and old!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:05:52 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 08:07:43 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 08:08:11 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/dEaHSTA.gif)
that is amazing.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:20:14 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 08:24:09 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
That's Terry from Reno 911, Nick Swardson(the comedian)-pretty good shit.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 08:32:26 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Nice Oy, I was curious about the 601 Steel
Warhead II's now available at Atlantic.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:32:47 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
That's Terry from Reno 911, Nick Swardson(the comedian)-pretty good shit.
I guess I missed the context for the seemingly random picture?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:32:52 AM
Post Post Post and get us past these gay cabolero friends of CG's, they are gagging me it is too early in the morning for that.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 08:32:54 AM
Good Morning all.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:36:29 AM
Here's something random... I'm thinking of breaking out some pipe tobacco this afternoon.  It just feels like one of those days.  I'm expecting I won't be as busy this afternoon so I think I'll take an afternoon break.  Depending on how things go, I may also smoke a Camacho on my way home.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:37:17 AM
516 days   16 hours  26 minutes
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:37:57 AM
Good Morning all.
Morning CA Dave.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:39:06 AM
Here's something random... I'm thinking of breaking out some pipe tobacco this afternoon.  It just feels like one of those days.  I'm expecting I won't be as busy this afternoon so I think I'll take an afternoon break.  Depending on how things go, I may also smoke a Camacho on my way home.
Nothing wrong with an occasional pipe smoke - could just chop up a Kuba Kuba and load the pipe with it for simplicity.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 08:39:53 AM
Murcielago lit.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:40:04 AM
And speaking of Kuba Kuba I got my Famous order yesterday and it had "The Judge" in it free, can't wait to try that one  ::)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 08:40:35 AM
Good Morning all.
morning EverywhereDave.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 08:41:21 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
That's Terry from Reno 911, Nick Swardson(the comedian)-pretty good shit.
I guess I missed the context for the seemingly random picture?
"thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy."
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 08:42:20 AM
Good Morning all.
Howdy Dave
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:45:01 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Nice Oy, I was curious about the 601 Steel
Warhead II's now available at Atlantic.
@ $10 each + Shipping -  Think I will pass and wait for the mass arrival deals.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 08:45:23 AM
WTF. 7 o'clock and still dark out.
Just wait until Sunday.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 08:46:54 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
That's Terry from Reno 911, Nick Swardson(the comedian)-pretty good shit.
I guess I missed the context for the seemingly random picture?
"thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy."
DO NOT QUOTE THIS POSTING it has hacking spyware in the photo.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 08:48:43 AM
[...]
And what pray tell gave them the loco impression?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 08:49:09 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
That's Terry from Reno 911, Nick Swardson(the comedian)-pretty good shit.
I guess I missed the context for the seemingly random picture?
"thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy."
DO NOT QUOTE THIS POSTING it has hacking spyware in the photo.
Lori already has your accounts hacked, don't spread it around to the rest of us!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 08:51:58 AM
[...]
they complain about the heat and I laugh at them.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:53:06 AM
Good Morning all.
Hello Dave.  Have you been doing your share of smoking in CA?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:55:15 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
That's Terry from Reno 911, Nick Swardson(the comedian)-pretty good shit.
I guess I missed the context for the seemingly random picture?
"thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy."
Ahhh, my apologies.  Subtlety is lost on me.  Use captions.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 08:55:55 AM
516 days   16 hours  26 minutes
Filling out your paperwork yet?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 08:55:58 AM
Good mornin Gents!  Payday tomorrow!
me too! NYS Pension hits my account.
morning Shaun.
What you going to dress up as for halloween Dean - a snowbird?

thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy.
Is it warm enough down there for that.  Shrinkage would be embarrassing.
good point.
Put a sock on it.
(http://www.magicloaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Terry-Reno-911.png)
Is this a picture from the gay porn you did?
That's Terry from Reno 911, Nick Swardson(the comedian)-pretty good shit.
I guess I missed the context for the seemingly random picture?
"thought I'd take my clothes off, put on a pair of rollerskates, and go as a pull toy."
Ahhh, my apologies.  Subtlety is lost on me.  Use captions.
Hahaha, we will let it slide...good thing it's not Tuesday!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 08:56:38 AM
Good Morning all.
Morning CA Dave.
Heading home this evening.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 08:57:30 AM
CLE Cuarenta 11/18 to start the day,
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 09:00:05 AM
Good Morning all.
Hello Dave.  Have you been doing your share of smoking in CA?
Indeed I have.  Keeping east coast time, so I get one in in the morning and one after work.  All's good.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 09:03:31 AM
516 days   16 hours  26 minutes
Filling out your paperwork yet?
Attending webinars on how to get the most for the least out of the system!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 09:04:20 AM
CLE Cuarenta 11/18 to start the day,
Damn you retired too and just sitting around smoking in the mornings?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 09:11:54 AM
Painful to watch - Chevy guy from last night after the WS(1min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btW-V3C9C-s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btW-V3C9C-s)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 09:23:58 AM
Murcielago lit.
this is a great cigar!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 09:26:49 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Nice Oy, I was curious about the 601 Steel
Warhead II's now available at Atlantic.
@ $10 each + Shipping -  Think I will pass and wait for the mass arrival deals.
In stock at Famous so some discounts are available
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 09:27:43 AM
CLE Cuarenta 11/18 to start the day,
Damn you retired too and just sitting around smoking in the mornings?
I can dream...
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 09:30:41 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 09:33:42 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Nice Oy, I was curious about the 601 Steel
Warhead II's now available at Atlantic.
@ $10 each + Shipping -  Think I will pass and wait for the mass arrival deals.
In stock at Famous so some discounts are available
They also include a (10) cigar - Best of Espinosa Sampler
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 09:34:28 AM
CLE Cuarenta 11/18 to start the day,
Best vitola they make IMO, morning David
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 09:35:37 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
Got to have turkeys first.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 09:38:00 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 09:40:01 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
Got to have turkeys first.
I suppose...just assuming we won't have them in time ;)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 09:40:13 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Quiet down Red Stars! ;)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on October 30, 2014, 09:44:35 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Nice Oy, I was curious about the 601 Steel
Solid Cigar......FB said they can be had for $4 on the Mash. They seem like a quality cigar that may age well.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 09:46:30 AM
Good morning, yes I am working.....This week I had a 601 STEEL and a Padilla 1932 Robustos. Id say they are very nice cigars and worth having a few on hand. Have a good day.
Nice Oy, I was curious about the 601 Steel
Solid Cigar......FB said they can be had for $4 on the Mash. They seem like a quality cigar that may age well.
Thanks for translating his posts for us regarding his various internet sites.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Turkeys are always here.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 09:49:00 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Quiet down Red Stars! ;)
Wow, the one and only Mr. 5Pumps!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 09:49:36 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Quiet down Red Stars! ;)
Wow, the one and only Mr. 5Pumps!
I have a partner in crime, Mr. Chip  ;D
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 09:52:36 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Turkeys are always here.
You sure they're turkeys? Because they leave a lot of bullshit around.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:05:20 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Turkeys are always here.
You sure they're turkeys? Because they leave a lot of bullshit around.
And we have a Turkey that Shits Bull - hint he resides in North Dakota
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 10:05:48 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: TRO on October 30, 2014, 10:12:12 AM
Post Post Post and get us past these gay cabolero friends of CG's, they are gagging me it is too early in the morning for that.
They are gagging you?  Interesting choice of words.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: TRO on October 30, 2014, 10:12:29 AM
good morning gents
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:15:39 AM
Post Post Post and get us past these gay cabolero friends of CG's, they are gagging me it is too early in the morning for that.
They are gagging you?  Interesting choice of words.
As we say on Tuesday GFY
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 10:17:40 AM
good morning gents
Hola, Tomas.  Bienvenido.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 10:18:03 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
Nope, not how this country operates these days
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 10:18:53 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
Nope, not how this country operates these days
No shit.  I think I heard a Christmas song on the radio the other day.  WTF?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 10:23:43 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: TRO on October 30, 2014, 10:26:08 AM
good morning gents
Hola, Tomas.  Bienvenido.
Hi Tony.  And bye - back to work.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:27:41 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
Nope, not how this country operates these days
No shit.  I think I heard a Christmas song on the radio the other day.  WTF?
Sadly they are playing them in many of the Big Box stores already.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 10:28:25 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 10:31:06 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Great to see you, Bret.  Back to normal or still under the weather?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 10:33:57 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Great to see you, Bret.  Back to normal or still under the weather?
Out from under the weather, back under pressure.  Work's killing me.  Hoping to survive to 14 November.  Then I'll relax by killing something in Montana.  Fair's fair.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 10:40:51 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Great to see you, Bret.  Back to normal or still under the weather?
Out from under the weather, back under pressure.  Work's killing me.  Hoping to survive to 14 November.  Then I'll relax by killing something in Montana.  Fair's fair.
Work is work.  I change my mind from day to day.  Today I have a relatively positive attitude.  Other days I'm like, "fuck it, what's this all for?"
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:41:10 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Great to see you, Bret.  Back to normal or still under the weather?
Out from under the weather, back under pressure.  Work's killing me.  Hoping to survive to 14 November.  Then I'll relax by killing something in Montana.  Fair's fair.
Amen fair is fair and that is a good way to work it out!   Glad you are better and don't ever let work be what kill's ya it ain't worth it!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:42:37 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Great to see you, Bret.  Back to normal or still under the weather?
Out from under the weather, back under pressure.  Work's killing me.  Hoping to survive to 14 November.  Then I'll relax by killing something in Montana.  Fair's fair.
Work is work.  I change my mind from day to day.  Today I have a relatively positive attitude.  Other days I'm like, "fuck it, what's this all for?"
That is exactly why I got this retirement countdown clock running - on the bad days I look at it and fell like there is hope.  Problem is the bad days are far outnumbering the good days.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 10:45:58 AM
cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:47:18 AM
cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Jeez Dean already on #3 are you looking at a Daily Dozen Smokes now?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 10:47:49 AM
Good morning!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 10:48:19 AM
cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Your thoughts on the JDN?  I've been tempted a few times, but never bit.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 10:49:45 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Great to see you, Bret.  Back to normal or still under the weather?
Out from under the weather, back under pressure.  Work's killing me.  Hoping to survive to 14 November.  Then I'll relax by killing something in Montana.  Fair's fair.
Work is work.  I change my mind from day to day.  Today I have a relatively positive attitude.  Other days I'm like, "fuck it, what's this all for?"
Mortgage payment, health insurance, food, gasoline, septic system, tuition, cigars....
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 10:50:26 AM
Tony, when are we switching from Pumps to Christmas Trees?
turkeys should be next.
Sheesh!  I already have them loaded into the system.  Just waiting for Saturday to put them up.  I guess I'm predictable.  Can't we all just enjoy one fucking holiday at a time?
DON'T FUCK WITH MY STARS!!!
:)
Can we gag them a little?
Great to see you, Bret.  Back to normal or still under the weather?
Out from under the weather, back under pressure.  Work's killing me.  Hoping to survive to 14 November.  Then I'll relax by killing something in Montana.  Fair's fair.
Amen fair is fair and that is a good way to work it out!   Glad you are better and don't ever let work be what kill's ya it ain't worth it!
Kinda hard to avoid it.  Haven't hit the lottery yet.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 10:50:50 AM
cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Jeez Dean already on #3 are you looking at a Daily Dozen Smokes now?
may stop at six.
need to check out a tattoo shop for pricing on a design I want done.
http://www.white-buffalo.us/
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 10:52:59 AM
cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Your thoughts on the JDN?  I've been tempted a few times, but never bit.
one of my favorites. cocoa, coffee, spice, bit of pepper. great cigar.
trust me, you will love it. robusto or toro are both great smokes.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 10:53:02 AM
[...]
And I still have fifteen years on the retirement clock.  Semi-retirement, actually.  My accountant says I should expect to be working at 70.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:56:10 AM
[...]
Oh shit mine said after 2008 until death do I retire but fuk him
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 10:58:38 AM
cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Your thoughts on the JDN?  I've been tempted a few times, but never bit.
one of my favorites. cocoa, coffee, spice, bit of pepper. great cigar.
trust me, you will love it. robusto or toro are both great smokes.
+1 very nice smoke for the $
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 10:59:42 AM
[...]
Yeah.  I'm sure Obama's going to get social security worked out and turn us all into millionaires.  It'll be fine.  Really.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 11:07:11 AM
Morning, all.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:09:15 AM
[...]
I think he said he already did that so no worries there.   Fortunately I additionally have a pension plan and matching 401k
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:10:47 AM
Morning, all.
Morning Joe, thinking about you yesterday.  Store had some 12 oz bottles of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA for $10.79 each!  Chit might be great but not for me.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 30, 2014, 11:13:21 AM
okay guys, heading out to visit an old biker I made friends with. catch you all later.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:14:43 AM
okay guys, heading out to visit an old biker I made friends with. catch you all later.
Now we know why you want a tattoo - and when you buying the bike?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 11:15:27 AM
Morning, all.
Morning Joe, thinking about you yesterday.  Store had some 12 oz bottles of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA for $10.79 each!  Chit might be great but not for me.

LOL, that's absurd.  It may be the going price for those beers but I'd not paying that much for a 12oz beer, that's for sure.  Because what does the 90 Minute go for?  About $3 a bottle?  Can't be that much of a difference.  Already thinking about a stop at the liquor store on the way home, haha.  They've got something called "Too Much Coffee Man" from Gigantic Brewing, been wanting to try it.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29003/113654/
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:19:09 AM
Morning, all.
Morning Joe, thinking about you yesterday.  Store had some 12 oz bottles of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA for $10.79 each!  Chit might be great but not for me.

LOL, that's absurd.  It may be the going price for those beers but I'd not paying that much for a 12oz beer, that's for sure.  Because what does the 90 Minute go for?  About $3 a bottle?  Can't be that much of a difference.  Already thinking about a stop at the liquor store on the way home, haha.  They've got something called "Too Much Coffee Man" from Gigantic Brewing, been wanting to try it.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29003/113654/
I looked and laughed at it myself.   I have had a couple of Odell's 90 Shilling and they have an anniversary edition just out Shilling 180 in the big bottles (22 oz I think) @ 13.99 and did get a couple of those to try.  Waiting on weather to cool off a bit more to try them and that should occur on Saturday.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:22:25 AM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 11:26:08 AM
cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Your thoughts on the JDN?  I've been tempted a few times, but never bit.
one of my favorites. cocoa, coffee, spice, bit of pepper. great cigar.
trust me, you will love it. robusto or toro are both great smokes.
Ok, good enough for me.  I'll pick them up next time i see them.  Thanks Dean!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 11:27:00 AM
Morning, all.
Morning Joe!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 11:30:49 AM
Morning, all.
Morning Joe!

Hey there, Sam!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 11:31:28 AM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 11:38:15 AM
Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:39:38 AM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 11:40:12 AM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 11:42:14 AM
Major work-a-ference this morning!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 11:44:55 AM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.
It's big with the Pennsylvania Dutch too.  Not sure if it's the same though.  Do they use brown gravy or maple syrup down there?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 11:48:45 AM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.

Don't think I've ever had "real" fried chicken but I've heard good things about this place from trusted sources.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 11:49:02 AM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 11:54:07 AM
Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.
Hi Tony!  Schedule has been out the window for the past few days so I try to log in when I can.  Serious Workaferance as it's been called.  don't know if I've mentioned it, but I appreciate your creating this forum.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:54:08 AM
[...]

Cane syrup usually down south but sometimes Maple.  Have seen it with white gravy (by the way the old school term for that is sawmill gravy).   South Carolina is actually one of the best places in the country to find great southern fried chicken, almost every town has a good place for it.  Chicken with waffles is really big in Charleston.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 11:55:57 AM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 11:56:40 AM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.
Bought Chicken & waffles for my daughters wedding this spring.  Like Red says it seems to be the up and coming thing.  of course, I paid for them, but because of doing wedding stuff and picture taking, I didn't get to EAT any of them, so Chicken & waffles are still a mystery to me.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 11:56:43 AM
Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.
Hi Tony!  Schedule has been out the window for the past few days so I try to log in when I can.  Serious Workaferance as it's been called.  don't know if I've mentioned it, but I appreciate your creating this forum.
You're most welcome.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:57:21 AM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.

Don't think I've ever had "real" fried chicken but I've heard good things about this place from trusted sources.
Pretty simple stuff salt & pepper the chicken (no boneless and/or skinless breast stuff) dip in some butter milk and shake it in flour then pan fry but often it is actually deep fried in restaurants because pan frying is labor intensive which is ok.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 11:58:40 AM
Meeting an old friend for lunch so I'll catch y'all later.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 11:59:17 AM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 11:59:25 AM
[...]

Morning SS.  Hah yeah I know what you are talking about my son is getting married in March and I am payin for a ccreole food spectacular rehearsal dinner and will be lucky to get to eat any.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 12:01:20 PM
[...]

As a kid, I used to help my dad at the American Legion Fried chicken & oyster dinners they had.  rthe chicken was the same as you emtion except we used lemon juice instead of buttermilk and we did use a deep fryer.  Chicken was damned good, but the fried oysters they did were out of this world.  used pancake batter on them  and deep fried them (different cookers for chicken & oysters).
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 12:02:00 PM
Meeting an old friend for lunch so I'll catch y'all later.
enjoy!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 12:04:31 PM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Will he have a weapon?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 12:05:50 PM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Will he have a weapon?
They ARM mailmen now?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 12:07:36 PM
[...]

Big cast-iron pan, and lots of fat.  Traditionally, it should be lard.

I put a little cayenne in the flour.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 12:09:04 PM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Will he have a weapon?
They ARM mailmen now?
No, they arm themselves.  Right before they go postal.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 12:09:25 PM
Morning Raz!  Good to see you out and about!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 12:11:16 PM
[...]

Interesting never heard of the lemon juice technique but sounds good.  I love fried oysters and have had them with the pancake batter and very good.  In LA we always just used cornmeal with a little touch of flour in it or else corn flour (aka fish fry) for them. What part of the country did you grow up in?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 12:12:43 PM
[...]

Correct on cast iron and lard!!!!!   We put a little salt and pepper in the flour but no cayenne for the chicken - just personal taste preferences.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 12:13:49 PM
Well I am sufficiently hungry after this conversation guess I will walk down the street and find something to eat.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 12:15:05 PM
Morning Raz!  Good to see you out and about!
Hiya, Sammy.  Good to be out and about.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 12:18:06 PM
[...]

I'm not from the south, just lived there for a couple years and that's where I learned about fryin' yardbirds.  I'm mostly from the southwest, so unsurprisingly like it to have a little spice.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 30, 2014, 12:26:26 PM
Afternoon, fellas. Nice My Father Sampler at the .biz Use code reddit10 and get 10/$44.95 delivered.

Gotta run. Just thought I'd share.  :D

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.ProdShow/vid/40841

See yaz!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 12:26:50 PM
Pretty fucking sweet...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263766519/whiskey-elements-customize-your-whiskey-in-24-hour (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263766519/whiskey-elements-customize-your-whiskey-in-24-hour)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 12:54:54 PM
[...]

North Eastern Shore of MD.  (DelMarVa peninsula )
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 12:55:02 PM
Pretty fucking sweet...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263766519/whiskey-elements-customize-your-whiskey-in-24-hour (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263766519/whiskey-elements-customize-your-whiskey-in-24-hour)
If it lives up to the hype.  I know I'm a contrarian, a curmudgeon, and a skeptic, but humans have been making whiskey for nearly a thousand years (or more than a thousand years, depending on who you believe).  So...no one thought of just sticking some charred oak sticks into the barrel before?

The real magic in whiskey starts with the grains and the malting process. So I'm kinda skeptical.  But hey, I'll try anything once.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 12:56:05 PM
Afternoon, fellas. Nice My Father Sampler at the .biz Use code reddit10 and get 10/$44.95 delivered.

Gotta run. Just thought I'd share.  :D

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.ProdShow/vid/40841

See yaz!
Later BS.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 12:59:21 PM
Pretty fucking sweet...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263766519/whiskey-elements-customize-your-whiskey-in-24-hour (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263766519/whiskey-elements-customize-your-whiskey-in-24-hour)
If it lives up to the hype.  I know I'm a contrarian, a curmudgeon, and a skeptic, but humans have been making whiskey for nearly a thousand years (or more than a thousand years, depending on who you believe).  So...no one thought of just sticking some charred oak sticks into the barrel before?

The real magic in whiskey starts with the grains and the malting process. So I'm kinda skeptical.  But hey, I'll try anything once.
Agreed, it's almost 'too simple to be true' but it sounds like it has some solid thoughts behind it.  Even if it remotely works and doesn't screw up the whiskey flavors it still might be cool.  It would be great for the 'this could use a little more maple/smoke/caramel/vanilla/etc' person who just wants to fine tune a favorite or give it a different twist.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:17:50 PM
[...]

It's about as gimmicky as it gets and I fully expect to get these for my birthday or Christmas from someone, because this is the type of thing a non-whiskey drinker gets the person that loves whiskey.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:19:06 PM
[...]

"Time and Oak" are hardly the only two things separating the good whiskey from the bad, and it's absurd to think that.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:21:06 PM
[...]

Also, this is essentially what Maker's 46 is.  Also, you could lick a piece of wood and then take a sip of whiskey if you want more influence.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:21:50 PM
[...]

"Did someone pour caramel sauce into my whiskey?"
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 01:24:18 PM
[...]

As long as it's not outhouse wood....
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 01:25:11 PM
[...]

Would a whiskey drinker like to lick my wood?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:25:42 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 01:26:28 PM
[...]

When I lived in MO the company that turns out a large portion of the oak whiskey barrel staves was near my house, damn I could have gotten some scraps and turned the lake into high quality whiskey.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 01:27:47 PM
[...]

It seems to be roughly the same logic behind putting whiskey barrels on cargo ships to age.  The movement of the ship at sea causes the whiskey to have greater surface contact with the charred sides of the barrel.  Yadda, yadda, yadda.  They say it does something good.  I wouldn't know, personally.  So, why not stick some charred oak into a bottle?  Seems logical.  24 hours seems a little quick for it accomplish its work.  But hey, he said he tested it in a lab, so it must be true...
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 01:30:10 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
Pinthouse Pizza has some mighty fine bourbon barrel aged dry Irish stout I know that!  Called Jaguar Stout and they are out now but the next barrels will be tapped in mid December!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:30:43 PM
[...]

Aging at sea was also done.  See:  Jefferson's Ocean Aged At Sea

Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:31:30 PM
[...]

Hahaha...it will be interesting to see.  Lots of whiskey drinkers backing the idea that's for sure.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:31:47 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:33:09 PM
[...]

They'll make as much as the guy who created whiskey stones, which also don't work.  The gimmick/gift market is HUGE.  It's never for the whiskey drinker, it's for the person buying FOR the whiskey drinker.  Same with those mini barrels to make "home made" whiskey, which usually are just vodka and whiskey flavoring.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:33:28 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)

Whiskey aged in peanut butter jars?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:34:34 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)

Whiskey aged in peanut butter jars?
Mmmm, now we are onto something!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:34:57 PM
[...]

God whiskey stones are a crock of shit...anyone want mine?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 01:35:37 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)

Whiskey aged in peanut butter jars?
Or just a dollop of peanut butter in the mash for my next batch of moonshine...hmm...
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:37:32 PM
[...]

Read a 'study' in either Whiskey Advocate or Cigar Afficionado... found that the best overall way to chill your whiskey if that's your 'thing' is to chill the glass ahead of time.  Ice makes it too cold and you'll lose flavors, stones don't work at all.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 01:39:27 PM
[...]

It amazes me that people will go out of their way to buy me these kinds of gimmicks because I'm known to like whiskey.  Wouldn't it be much simpler to just buy me a bottle of whiskey?

People are stupid.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:39:33 PM
[...]

I use those big ice blocks, those seem to do well...when I actually remember to have them made...when I don't man up and not-chill it :)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:40:11 PM
[...]

Sending you both whiskey stones for Christmas, it's settled!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
[...]

This is why I can tolerate Canadian whiskey only if it's on ice.  The ice kills all the flavors I don't like.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 01:42:10 PM
[...]

I'll send you some kidney stones in return.  You'll love them.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: ss2 on October 30, 2014, 01:43:50 PM
[...]

better off going out and finding some oak sticks and put your lighter to them.  seems like they'll get more use out of them.  just sayin...
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 01:45:12 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 01:45:46 PM
[...]

Got some and they don't work worth a chit either.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 01:48:30 PM
[...]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 01:52:19 PM
[...]

LMFAO!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 01:55:20 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 01:58:25 PM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Btw, I've never heard of the other two either.  In fact, I had to google them right before I posted that.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 01:59:48 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 02:00:20 PM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Btw, I've never heard of the other two either.  In fact, I had to google them right before I posted that.
Guess you just ain't cool.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 02:00:57 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 02:01:42 PM
Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Btw, I've never heard of the other two either.  In fact, I had to google them right before I posted that.
Guess you just ain't cool.
No news here.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 02:06:56 PM
Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
Carryover trend menu item from the south...specifically Atlanta area.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 02:09:08 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Pretty sure you haven't made that clear yet...  ;)
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 02:10:35 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Pretty sure you haven't made that clear yet...  ;)

Tuesday carryover, LOL.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 02:11:21 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 02:14:26 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Pretty sure you haven't made that clear yet...  ;)
Can't stresss that point too much!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 02:17:29 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?

Correct.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 02:22:15 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.
I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 02:26:31 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.
I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region
Several I like but Lagavulin is #1 in my book without a close second because of the heavy smoke flavor.  Talisker is my #2 and Laphroig probably #3 after that just give me glenlivet.  Ardmore is a good one also but don't drink it often.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 02:26:41 PM
Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 02:28:18 PM
Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
See ya Scott...I can't imagine Tuesday without you, we will have to make due!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: sfish on October 30, 2014, 02:28:55 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.
I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region
Several I like but Lagavulin is #1 in my book without a close second because of the heavy smoke flavor.
Laphroig was always my stand-out islay when they made the 15 Year, since then they screwed it up by making it 18 year and it's not as good for some reason, used to get a bottle every X-mas as a little tradition
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 02:29:38 PM
Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!

Later, Scott.  Have a great trip.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 02:30:05 PM
Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Have a great trip and don't come back looking or living like Dean!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 02:39:20 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
If Dean says no, that means no.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 02:42:05 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Jack Honey and Whiskey Stones, hold the Kidney Stones please!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 02:44:48 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 02:47:36 PM
Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Have a great time.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: jswaykos on October 30, 2014, 02:59:32 PM
I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 03:05:52 PM
I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.
Nice to see ya.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 03:08:43 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 03:10:23 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?

Correct.
This is interesting....I didn't realize they were defiling scotch as well....Dewar's, shame on you!
http://liquor.com/slideshows/top-10-new-flavored-whiskies/#.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 03:12:12 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 03:12:30 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.
Tap 357 was bought for me one Christmas as a gag gift.  Took me a year to get the courage (and on a dare) to open it and actually try it.  Not sickening sweet and not terrible.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 03:12:36 PM
I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.
Have a good weekend Joe!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 03:13:11 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Or lighting charcoal
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 03:14:14 PM
Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Travel well, enjoy the visit!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 03:15:29 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.
Tap 357 was bought for me one Christmas as a gag gift.  Took me a year to get the courage (and on a dare) to open it and actually try it.  Not sickening sweet and not terrible.
Weren't you there the time Barry brought those bottles?  Do you remember trying it?  I would have to agree with not sickening sweet and not terrible.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 03:16:41 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Speaking of holiday fru-fru drinks, Fireball and RumChata.....tastes like a cinnamon roll.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 03:19:38 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Yes, it wasn't bad.  Tap 357 even less bad.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 03:19:43 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Speaking of holiday fru-fru drinks, Fireball and RumChata.....tastes like a cinnamon roll.
Rumchata is so damn good...like the leftover milk after eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 03:27:31 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

But I'm betting you don't smoke infused cigars.

To each their own.  I like tobacco to taste fundamentally like tobacco, scotch to taste like scotch, bourbon to taste like bourbon.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 03:30:51 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

And pussy to taste like pussy... AmIright?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 03:31:53 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Seriously right.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 03:35:46 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Speaking of holiday fru-fru drinks, Fireball and RumChata.....tastes like a cinnamon roll.
And alligator tastes like chicken too.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on October 30, 2014, 03:36:25 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Right again tuna fish breath!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 03:37:10 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Oh hell yeah he smokes those free Kuba Kuba's in the closet then uses the coupon to get some more.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 03:38:59 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Sort of - some tastes like regular pussy, some like sweet young pussy (best I can remember anyway) and some tastes like old smelly pussy.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 03:56:57 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Damn, came back to the banter during an interesting time.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 03:58:29 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Nothing is beyond the realm of non-reality discussion here.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 03:58:59 PM
What's up for the weekend CG
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 04:07:15 PM
What's up for the weekend CG
Tonight I will finish the grout removal and do some cleanup to get the tiles ready for new grout.  I am going to just regrout and see how that works...if it doesn't I will go to Plan B or C.  I don't think it's a severe issue, but I believe it has to do with some of the tile spacing being too narrow with sanded grout and not enough mixture to bond with essentially.  Maybe not, but also could have been a lack of sealant...so I will regrout tonight or tomorrow and reseal over the weekend before trying it out again.
Hunting Saturday morning with the pup, my dad, his dog(golden), and a buddy of his, and his dog(shorthair) for pheasant for just 8a-11a or so-my dad has a wedding later Sat afternoon.
Writing a paper and finishing up some final touches on my Proj Mgmt class as the last class is next week with the final deliverables due next Friday.
Anything up for you this weekend?
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 04:09:53 PM
[...]
Busy weekend for you, luv those Germ Shorthairs my dad bred and trained them always had a couple around the house growing up.  Best one ever was Lady.  No serious plans for me, got to finish my window cleaning project, drink, smoke and watch football are the important accomplishments.   Off tomorrow so got a 3-day weekend.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 04:13:12 PM
I think it is time to pour a wee dram of single malt and light a nice cigar.  Out of here!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 04:14:27 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

That was just Tex reminiscing about licking cat's asses.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on October 30, 2014, 04:14:44 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Bored of reality?  Post and post often.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 04:17:33 PM
I have a Camacho Havana H2 with me and I'm getting ready to light it up and head homeward.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 04:22:24 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Yea, when that was on the menu...
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 04:33:43 PM
[...]
I am going to try and leave early tomorrow, get ready for the trick-or-treaters and make some headway on this fuckin shower.
I love those shorthairs and wirehairs, really enjoy hunting with them when we can.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 04:34:13 PM
From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Hey-O!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 04:47:45 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on October 30, 2014, 05:35:09 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
What an oxymaroon!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 05:39:40 PM
Not to much longer, get me outta here!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 05:43:37 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
Serves you right for posting lies about me
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 05:44:48 PM
Cabaiguan lit and sparkling water with a bit of Grey Goose
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 05:46:00 PM
Cabaiguan lit and sparkling water with a bit of Grey Goose
Mmmm, love vodka waters!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 05:48:46 PM
Cabaiguan lit and sparkling water with a bit of Grey Goose
Mmmm, love vodka waters!
Nice on a warm day and it was warmer than I realized when I got home.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 05:55:54 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
What an oxymaroon!
I feel like most of the meetings I attend aren't stupid... Just the participants are.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 05:57:21 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
Serves you right for posting lies about me
Who me? Nah, I was talking about Tex.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: razgueado on October 30, 2014, 05:57:58 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
What an oxymaroon!
I feel like most of the meetings I attend aren't stupid... Just the participants are.
That too.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on October 30, 2014, 05:59:40 PM
Not to much longer, get me outta here!
You're out of it...
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 05:59:43 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
What an oxymaroon!
I feel like most of the meetings I attend aren't stupid... Just the participants are.
That too.
Both are true at my office.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 06:01:42 PM
Stupid meeting.

But I repeat myself.
What an oxymaroon!
I feel like most of the meetings I attend aren't stupid... Just the participants are.
That too.
Both are true at my office.
Your office isn't unique.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on October 30, 2014, 06:02:10 PM
Time to go hit the grout, have a good night gents...GO SAINTS!
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 06:05:39 PM
Time to go hit the grout, have a good night gents...GO SAINTS!
Have a good evening CG
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 06:06:17 PM
Time to go hit the grout, have a good night gents...GO SAINTS!
Have a good evening CG
+1
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 30, 2014, 06:31:16 PM
Guess I will turn off the lights and lock the doors.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on October 30, 2014, 06:55:37 PM
Guess I will turn off the lights and lock the doors.
Don't forget to sweep up first.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 06:57:36 PM
Guess I will turn off the lights and lock the doors.
Don't forget to sweep up first.
I've gotta work on some stuff, I'll lock up.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 30, 2014, 07:42:56 PM
'Bout time to pack up and head to the airport.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on October 30, 2014, 08:07:34 PM
'Bout time to pack up and head to the airport.
Travel on, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/30/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 30, 2014, 08:56:44 PM
'Bout time to pack up and head to the airport.
Travel on, Dave.
Don't know how he does it.  I don't mind traveling but I couldn't do it to that extent.