Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2019, 02:20:26 PM »

first contractor wants $1330 per year, 38 cuts, $35 per cut, trimming, and clean up. $110.83 a month.
Cheaper than around here, then again we're more seasonal, so I guess they got to make their bucks more quickly.
next guy advertises $40 first cut, $25 per mow over.
Find out who the neighbors use and get a quote from them.  Will be cheaper if he's already around the corner.
they mow their own now. remember, I was mowing 3-4 houses before mine died.
Then go find yourself a $ 1,329 mower, payback of one year not counting gas.
I don't have $1,300. trying to get my teeth done before daughter gets married in the spring, and my brother is back in the hospital, doesn't look good.
A nice walk behind self-propelled <$400, brand new. Just grow your mustache longer...

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »

Just about that time - hazzuh!
You'd better stick around until we have this Dean lawn situation under control.

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »

Just about that time - hazzuh!
You'd better stick around until we have this Dean lawn situation under control.
Sheesh, and a situation it is🤔 but here are two options

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2019, 02:32:11 PM »

A bit windy out but not too bad, Little Devil 🔥

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »

first contractor wants $1330 per year, 38 cuts, $35 per cut, trimming, and clean up. $110.83 a month.
Cheaper than around here, then again we're more seasonal, so I guess they got to make their bucks more quickly.
next guy advertises $40 first cut, $25 per mow over.
Find out who the neighbors use and get a quote from them.  Will be cheaper if he's already around the corner.
they mow their own now. remember, I was mowing 3-4 houses before mine died.
Then go find yourself a $ 1,329 mower, payback of one year not counting gas.
I don't have $1,300. trying to get my teeth done before daughter gets married in the spring, and my brother is back in the hospital, doesn't look good.
A nice walk behind self-propelled <$400, brand new. Just grow your mustache longer...
WTF happened to the riding mower you had all fixed up last year?

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2019, 02:34:11 PM »

first contractor wants $1330 per year, 38 cuts, $35 per cut, trimming, and clean up. $110.83 a month.
Cheaper than around here, then again we're more seasonal, so I guess they got to make their bucks more quickly.
next guy advertises $40 first cut, $25 per mow over.
Find out who the neighbors use and get a quote from them.  Will be cheaper if he's already around the corner.
they mow their own now. remember, I was mowing 3-4 houses before mine died.
Then go find yourself a $ 1,329 mower, payback of one year not counting gas.
I don't have $1,300. trying to get my teeth done before daughter gets married in the spring, and my brother is back in the hospital, doesn't look good.
A nice walk behind self-propelled <$400, brand new. Just grow your mustache longer...
I'm pretty sure you can even smoke a cigar while you're doing it.

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2019, 02:37:33 PM »

@ Dean’O- sorry about your brother not doing well, thoughts and prayers for him.

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2019, 02:41:32 PM »

Just about that time - hazzuh!
You'd better stick around until we have this Dean lawn situation under control.
LMAO call me when it's over

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »

Just about that time - hazzuh!
You'd better stick around until we have this Dean lawn situation under control.
LMAO call me when it's over
Why would you think it might ever be over?

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »

Why does mowing sound like fun to me right now? I know I dread every moment of it when I have to do it during the spring and summer.

« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2019, 02:53:36 PM »

first contractor wants $1330 per year, 38 cuts, $35 per cut, trimming, and clean up. $110.83 a month.
Cheaper than around here, then again we're more seasonal, so I guess they got to make their bucks more quickly.
next guy advertises $40 first cut, $25 per mow over.
Find out who the neighbors use and get a quote from them.  Will be cheaper if he's already around the corner.
they mow their own now. remember, I was mowing 3-4 houses before mine died.
Then go find yourself a $ 1,329 mower, payback of one year not counting gas.
I don't have $1,300. trying to get my teeth done before daughter gets married in the spring, and my brother is back in the hospital, doesn't look good.
A nice walk behind self-propelled <$400, brand new. Just grow your mustache longer...
WTF happened to the riding mower you had all fixed up last year?

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »

first contractor wants $1330 per year, 38 cuts, $35 per cut, trimming, and clean up. $110.83 a month.
Cheaper than around here, then again we're more seasonal, so I guess they got to make their bucks more quickly.
next guy advertises $40 first cut, $25 per mow over.
Find out who the neighbors use and get a quote from them.  Will be cheaper if he's already around the corner.
they mow their own now. remember, I was mowing 3-4 houses before mine died.
Then go find yourself a $ 1,329 mower, payback of one year not counting gas.
I don't have $1,300. trying to get my teeth done before daughter gets married in the spring, and my brother is back in the hospital, doesn't look good.
A nice walk behind self-propelled <$400, brand new. Just grow your mustache longer...
WTF happened to the riding mower you had all fixed up last year?
A clear case of user abuse.

« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »

Why does mowing sound like fun to me right now? I know I dread every moment of it when I have to do it during the spring and summer.
I never much minded the mowing it was all the other chit that goes with it I hated.  Weed eating, blowing, limb trimming, sweeping, edging........

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »

@ Dean’O- sorry about your brother not doing well, thoughts and prayers for him.
thank you. just got off the phone with SIL. he was admitted to ER at 5pm last night and moved to surgical wing at 3am. went into  at noon. still there cauterizing bleeders from radiation from his prostate surgery 7 years ago.

« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2019, 03:00:00 PM »

Why does mowing sound like fun to me right now? I know I dread every moment of it when I have to do it during the spring and summer.
I never much minded the mowing it was all the other chit that goes with it I hated.  Weed eating, blowing, limb trimming, sweeping, edging........
I may have to borrow the old man's mower next door.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10