CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 7/26/2023  (Read 1273 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 7/26/2023
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2023, 08:19:08 AM »

Woke up in the middle of the night to pee and noticed one of my a/c condenser units is buzzing more loudly than usual. I hope I won't have to blow the entire unemployment check... Or more.
That's never a good thing. I'm the same way, I can hear when something isn't quite right. Monday morning, I woke up in bed with a fan in my face and could hear that the toilet in the basement was running.
The funny thing is that the kids are ready to have me fitted for a hearing aid but I always hear when water is running somewhere.

But in this case the buzzing is really loud and this article I found isn't soothing my nerves. Especially since the condensers are now on the roof.

https://atticsandmore.com/why-is-my-air-conditioner-so-loud/

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2023, 08:19:28 AM »

Wife and I are going to a movie theater this evening to see a screening of the first 2 episodes of Good Omens, season 2.
How did you happen upon these tickets?
The wife is a huge fan of the show and found out they were doing these pre-screenings, so when the option came up for tix, I merely logged in and secured them. Didn't even cost anything. It's a Prime show, it seems like these pre-screenings are a new thing they're doing, because before this one, they were doing the same for another show that was premiering.
Matter of fact, she was participating in some text trivia game or something related to the show, so they sent her the link for the tickets a day before the general public.
Don't know anything about that show. It's difficult to follow everything with all the content we have these days. I know your wife is a fan but what do you think? Is it worth a look?
I enjoyed it, yes. It's based on a book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, and it stars David Tennant and Michael Sheen. David is a great actor and Neil is a fantastic author. The show is very clever and funny.

Another show starring those two is called Staged and is simply fantastic. It started during the pandemic and the premise is they were getting ready to do a play or something together and everything got locked down, so now they're just talking and whatnot and trying to stay sane via Zoom. Very, very funny. It has 3 seasons now, all of which are on Britbox, but I think the first 2 might be available elsewhere.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2023, 08:20:51 AM »

Woke up in the middle of the night to pee and noticed one of my a/c condenser units is buzzing more loudly than usual. I hope I won't have to blow the entire unemployment check... Or more.
That's never a good thing. I'm the same way, I can hear when something isn't quite right. Monday morning, I woke up in bed with a fan in my face and could hear that the toilet in the basement was running.
The funny thing is that the kids are ready to have me fitted for a hearing aid but I always hear when water is running somewhere.

But in this case the buzzing is really loud and this article I found isn't soothing my nerves. Especially since the condensers are now on the roof.

We had that issue with ours last year, where they had to replace that and also give it a good cleaning. First time it kicked on after that, I didn't even realize it was running because I didn't know how quiet it was supposed to be.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2023, 08:27:29 AM »

We had that issue with ours last year, where they had to replace that and also give it a good cleaning. First time it kicked on after that, I didn't even realize it was running because I didn't know how quiet it was supposed to be.
I turned the upstairs a/c off about 30 minutes. I'll give it another whirl in a bit and if it's still really loud I'll call for service.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2023, 08:31:20 AM »

Wife and I are going to a movie theater this evening to see a screening of the first 2 episodes of Good Omens, season 2.
The wife is a huge fan of the show and found out they were doing these pre-screenings, so when the option came up for tix, I merely logged in and secured them. Didn't even cost anything. It's a Prime show, it seems like these pre-screenings are a new thing they're doing, because before this one, they were doing the same for another show that was premiering.
Matter of fact, she was participating in some text trivia game or something related to the show, so they sent her the link for the tickets a day before the general public.
Don't know anything about that show. It's difficult to follow everything with all the content we have these days. I know your wife is a fan but what do you think? Is it worth a look?
I'm not familiar with Britbox but I have Prime and will take a peek.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2023, 08:31:41 AM »

Not familiar with it either.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2023, 08:32:50 AM »

Well good morning, ClemsonDave. What brings you by this early?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2023, 08:33:42 AM »

I'm not familiar with Britbox but I have Prime and will take a peek.
...and I though that was slang for an English woman...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2023, 08:34:20 AM »

Well good morning, ClemsonDave. What brings you by this early?
Figment being lazy about leaving the AC.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2023, 08:35:50 AM »

I enjoyed it, yes. It's based on a book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, and it stars David Tennant and Michael Sheen. David is a great actor and Neil is a fantastic author. The show is very clever and funny.

Another show starring those two is called Staged and is simply fantastic. It started during the pandemic and the premise is they were getting ready to do a play or something together and everything got locked down, so now they're just talking and whatnot and trying to stay sane via Zoom. Very, very funny. It has 3 seasons now, all of which are on Britbox, but I think the first 2 might be available elsewhere.
Wasn't Tennant a Dr. Who?  Gaiman I know.  Have you watched Sandman?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2023, 08:41:42 AM »

I know the question was meant for OHDave but I'm only familiar with Michael Sheen and I had to look him up. So no, I haven't watched Sandman.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2023, 08:42:45 AM »

He was the 10th Doctor, and in fact, he's also back in a couple of months playing the 14th Doctor for 3 specials before it transitions to the new guy in the new year.

Yes, we've also watched Sandman, which was another good show.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2023, 08:43:31 AM »

I know the question was meant for OHDave but I'm only familiar with Michael Sheen and I had to look him up. So no, I haven't watched Sandman.
Michael wasn't in Sandman, Tennant was. And to be fair, I didn't know Sheen either until Good Omens.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2023, 08:45:18 AM »

Fun fact - Tennant is married to a woman he met on the show who came on the play the daughter of the Doctor. But in real life, she actually IS the daughter of the guy who played the 5th Doctor.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2023, 09:13:15 AM »

Wordle 767 3/6

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6