CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: 11/11/2014 - Salute to our Veterans, Past and Present!  (Read 32141 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 11/11/2014 - Salute to our Veterans, Past and Present!
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2014, 06:53:07 AM »

I went to my truck to go home yesterday and it had a fuk'n flat tire sitting in the parking lot.  Nice young homeless guy walked by and saw me fuk'n with it and said he would change it for me and if I could help,him with some dinner money he would appreciate it.  He got it taken care of quick for me while we talked.  Pretty sad story and really a nice young man about 25 or so.  Gave him $40 to help him I hope, he did not seem to be high or drinking just lonely and struggling.  Now today got to go to the tire shop and get it fixed and the spare put back up, found a little finishing nail in it.
Interesting that Austin seems to have as many if not more homeless than many big cities.  Seems like there is someone with a sign at most every intersection of 35...
There are reasons for that with the main one being the City caters to them with soup lines and nice shelters.  Rich liberals hand them money constantly, they did a study a couple of years ago found some of them making $50k a year panhandling.  There are no laws against panhandling, etc here.  Health care facilities here cater to them also and the best one is on the edge of downtown.    The one that helped me was fairly clean and obviously not a chronic homeless case. 

Austin is also a pronounced Sanctuary City for illegals.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2014, 06:56:00 AM »

Austin is unfortunately now a big city too, not NY or Houston but the 14th largest in the U.S. And growing at a rate of well over 100 per day.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2014, 06:57:10 AM »

Morning Dean.  People been asking about photo's of the progress of your artwork.
everybody will have to wait for the final product. 2nd session will be this weekend. may even finish it.
Then we'll probably have to wait for a couple of weeks for the healing, right?

sfish

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:05 AM »

Morning knob-gobblers! Happy Veteran's Day!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2014, 07:00:51 AM »

Austin is unfortunately now a big city too, not NY or Houston but the 14th largest in the U.S. And growing at a rate of well over 100 per day.
Makeup of the panhandlers is noticeably different as well.  Less are shabby, don't appear mentally disturbed, more women and considering the general population, few of Mexican heritage.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »

Look what the cat drug in.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2014, 07:01:19 AM »

Morning Fish

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2014, 07:06:27 AM »

Makeup of the panhandlers is noticeably different as well.  Less are shabby, don't appear mentally disturbed, more women and considering the general population, few of Mexican heritage.
Correct but the other kind are here too they just hang close to  certain areas Downtown and mostly circulate at night. I will drive you by the main soup kitchen sometime and you can see the other half, last estimate was about 2500 chronic homeless.  The Hispanics live other ways mostly but Austin is around 40% hispanic.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:27 AM »

I went to my truck to go home yesterday and it had a fuk'n flat tire sitting in the parking lot.  Nice young homeless guy walked by and saw me fuk'n with it and said he would change it for me and if I could help,him with some dinner money he would appreciate it.  He got it taken care of quick for me while we talked.  Pretty sad story and really a nice young man about 25 or so.  Gave him $40 to help him I hope, he did not seem to be high or drinking just lonely and struggling.  Now today got to go to the tire shop and get it fixed and the spare put back up, found a little finishing nail in it.
If you had some lingerie and breakfast in there, you'd have a BD-worthy story. But seriously, good on you for helping him out.
If you were in Colorado I would say it could be my son, people make some bad decisions that cause them a lot of misery.
Yes they do and it is a sad thing.  I am very sorry your family has seen it first hand. 

sfish

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2014, 07:12:20 AM »

I see Tony bailed, shocker

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2014, 07:13:46 AM »

I see Tony bailed, shocker
Seems he was pulling a bit of a late nighter.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:07 AM »

Good morning, guys.  Mostly absent from the banter today but lurking from the phone from time to time.
Speak of the devil!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2014, 07:15:01 AM »

Good morning, guys.  Mostly absent from the banter today but lurking from the phone from time to time.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2014, 07:15:11 AM »

Correct but the other kind are here too they just hang close to  certain areas Downtown and mostly circulate at night. I will drive you by the main soup kitchen sometime and you can see the other half, last estimate was about 2500 chronic homeless.  The Hispanics live other ways mostly but Austin is around 40% hispanic.
Plenty here in Trenton and Philadelphia as well.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »

Speak of the devil!
Something is screwed up with my Tapatalk and I don't have the time to figure it out right now.  I haven't completely bailed yet but it's not looking like a good week for me, douche.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18