Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning everyone...  I didn't sleep much last night, so I'm a little slow this morning.
You and Deano, both.
....... but I didn't want to sleep.
;b
What makes you think BD did?  He and his wife still get freaky.
Ok, this is what it's like to be married to my wife.  Now I'm talking maybe 15 or so years ago.  She was really nice looking until age started catching up with us in our mid 50's.  My wife is a cross between Lucille Ball and Peg Bundy.  It was a Friday night and we were going to go out and hit a few bars.  My wife drives me insane when she is getting dressed.  We're talking at least 2 hours. What should I wear..?  What are you wearing..?  Should we wear matching colors...?  Which dress..?  Which skirt..?  Which blouse with each skirt..?  What color makeup...?  Should I put curl in my hair or wear it straight...?  Should I wear panty hose or stocking..?  Does this look ok..?  What shoes...?  How high should the heels be...?  AAAAAAHHHH..!!!!  I just want to say shut up..!  Two hours later, "which panties should I wear, what color..?"  I don't care...!  Wear any color, it doesn't matter. Don't wear any, who fricking cares..!!!  We finally make it to a bar.  We pick a table back a little way from the bar.  The tables are these high tables with tall chairs.  She sits down, and I say I'm going to go to the bar and get us some drinks.  I'm standing at the bar, and I'm waiting and waiting to get the bartenders attention, and finally order some drinks. As I'm waiting, I hear this big crash..!  I look at the end of the bar and this guy fell right off of his bar stool.  As I'm still waiting for my drinks, I hear the guy getting up off of the floor, and he says to his friend, "that woman back there isn't wearing any panties...!"  I'm like, "oh god..!"  You see this sort of stuff happening in the movies, but apparently it really happens.  I go back to the table and I ask, "your not wearing any underware...?"  She says, "how did you know...?"  Because that idiot at the bar just fell off of his barstool trying to look up your skirt...!!!  Then she says, "well you said not to wear any."  I meant, "put something on so we an go..!!!"
Poor guy paid for his free show.

[...]
What the heck, sounds like a win/win.  And even if she didn't, how the heck did this guy notice?  I mean unless she was sitting on top of the table....
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

[...]
It was one of those very tall tables.  I'd say the table top would hit you at around chest level (4 to 4 1/2 foot high), then the chair seat is around 3 foot high.  So your sitting up pretty high.  I did see the guy before he fell, and he was leaning over on his stool, then leaning more until he fell.  I didn't realize what he was doing until I overheard them taking. It was just one of those weird things you don't normally expect to happen.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

My wife called me on the phone the other day crying.  She took her car for an emissions inspection, and it flunked.  I told her is was probably nothing, and we took her car to Meineke and dropped it off.  As we were leaving Meineke, she yells back, "and tell me why my antifreeze is brown."  $240 to fix the emissions problem.  The brown antifreeze is caused by a cooling coil that comes from the transmission is leaking into the raditor.  She needs a new radiator, hoses, and all the things that goes with correcting the transmission for an extra $2,100.  Her car is a 1996 and going on 19 years old.  I said, "now you can start crying."  I didn't know what else to do, so we went ahead and had the emission problem fixed, and we're hoping the car will go until next spring.  By then, I hope we can figure out how to get another car.  I hope I wasn't stupid for putting the $240 into it for now, but I just didn't know what to do at the time.
without the inspection you wouldn't be able to drive it legally right?
now drive it until the engine goes and hope you can fund another.
That exactly what I told my wife.  The radiator has been like that for about 1 or 2 years.  She only drives a few blocks to work and back, so who knows how long the car will last.  I told her to drive it till it blows up and then drive my truck until we can come up with a solution.  And yes, she still has to pass the test to drive it. Meineke told her to drive the car for about 150 miles to reset some thing, and then have it tested again.  She has till the end of the month.
at least you have a 2nd vehicle.
150 miles seems high, in NY it was only 50. you could drive around all day and have checked in the afternoon or next day.
Meineke told her to drive it around, then stop back before taking it to be inspected, and they would check it first to make sure it will pass the inspection.  So we'll see what happens at the end of the week.
50 miles is all the computers require to reset and clear the not ready message that the inspection station gets when they connect to your computer, normally a fail sticker is good for a full 30 days after you get the fail sticker.
Now I'm basically worried about hoping the car will make it another 6 months or so, and then what kind of car to replace it.  My wife just drives around town, so I'm thinking about the cheapest, best rated, high mileage car I can find.  But what, and I have to be able to fit into it.. :)  I may subscribe to Consumer Report, and read up on cars.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Shop 'n Save had Beefeater Gin (1/5th) for $15.99 which is a pretty good price.  So, I bought that and I have a bottle of Dirty Sue Premium Olive Juice, and I think I'm going to make myself a Dirty Martini shortly.
Logged

dwgbryant

no electric in the camper except battery power. circuit breaker and fuses good, GFI reset doesn't reset.
waiting on maintenance staff.

landlady has had a buyer for the RV park in here 3 times now. I may not get the camper issues resolved or a newer camper if she sells. I'm looking for another place but THE FUCKING SNOWBIRDS HAVE EVERYTHING BOOKED.
Logged

dwgbryant

OOO toro and cold coffee while I gather what wits I have left.

[...]
You don't even need to do that.  Problem is cost of "highly rated" used cars is so high, you're almost better off getting a new one.  Lot of nice reliable cars for under 20K.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

OOO toro and cold coffee while I gather what wits I have left.
A cigar sounds good about now.  I may have to go humidor diving in a few...!
[...]

I guess I'm just dreaming of a new car at the moment. But I was looking at used cars on Cars.com and your right.  Some of the used cars were almost as much as the new ones.  Also I was looking at two identical cars at the same dealer.  One had 2,000 miles on it and the other had 30,000 miles and they were priced the same...?  God, I hate car dealers...

OOO toro and cold coffee while I gather what wits I have left.
A cigar sounds good about now.  I may have to go humidor diving in a few...!
+1
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

OOO toro and cold coffee while I gather what wits I have left.
A cigar sounds good about now.  I may have to go humidor diving in a few...!
+1
Good afternoon TR.

[...]
My 2 cents worth at no charge but I have bought plenty of vehicles and until this year drive plenty of miles.

Don't waste your money on consumer reports, just use Edmunds online for free.  More information and more reliable.
Nice clean used late model low mileage cars at dealers are seldom a significant savings and sometimes even more than new ones when you shop for rebate programs and no interest financing values on new ones.
Hyundai has some high quality good value cars that get great fuel milage don't overlook them
Don't pay extra for Hybrids you don't drive anywhere near enough miles to come out ahead
Don't buy a Fiat!!!
Don't believe anything a dealer tells you
Do your homework online before stepping foot on a dealers lot while they are open.  I like to go while they are closed and check things out, frequently find several unlocked so you can seat test them.
Travellin Dave is right, there are plenty of nice cars in the $20,000 and under market.
Don't pour a lot of money in that old car you will get none of it back just prop it up and drive it till it dies.  In MO they got a fuct up law that you can't sell it except as a total/scrap without passing inspection.

Travellin Dave's Tigers took a nice leap in the AP.
[...]

Thanks...  I'd like to have a Hybrid, but like you say, I'd never recoup the higher cost of the car.  Hyundai and Kia have that 10 year 100,000 warranty that looks attractive.  I really want some thing that will be reliable and will last a long time.  We never go anywhere except around town.  I see allot of deals on the Nissan Altima too.  I've often thought about going to a dealership and sitting in their repair department, say I waiting one someone, and then talk to the people that are bringing their cars in for repair.. :)
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8