CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 11/8/2014  (Read 18310 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 11/8/2014
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2014, 09:03:35 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.
Good morning Dave and Native.
How are you on your day off?  Big game in town tonight!
No plans at all today so a nice lazy day at home. What's on your agenda for the day?
About the same plan here for the day.  Not much exciting football on until tonight, too many homecoming games.
I don't know about that....you have Baylor and Oklahoma at 12:00 (unless you're watching Rice and UTSA), then Notre Dame and Arizona State at 3:30 before the match-up in Death Valley Jr.
I only find true excitement in SEC games for the most part, most others are just something to watch.  But I do have both LA Tech-UAB and the Rice-UTSA on the radar at 11 as those two have significant C-USA consequences and LA Tech is an alma mater.
Need to broaden your horizons sir.  Just like Dean needs to try a brunette every once and again.
Sounds like you might have broadened yours in Mexico.  ;D

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2014, 09:04:37 AM »

Good mornin gents!
Is it wabbit season yet...?
Leaving at 4 this afternoon :)  BANG BANG!  Going to hit up Cabelas and show around tonight too...can spend hours in that damn store.
I spend a fair amount of time in the one here myself, was there last Sunday as a matter of fact.
Going to pick up a new pair of shooting gloves that are more insulated than the thin ones I have and a pair of Muck/LaCrosse/Cabellas rubber boots
Muck, Muck, Muck!   I luv my Mucks, learned about them from the Dog Trainer who walks about 20 miles a day in them working with the dogs.
That's where I am leaning - my dad loves his LaCrosse ones, will depend somewhat on the store selection too.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2014, 09:07:20 AM »

Good mornin gents!
Leaving at 4 this afternoon :)  BANG BANG!  Going to hit up Cabelas and show around tonight too...can spend hours in that damn store.
I spend a fair amount of time in the one here myself, was there last Sunday as a matter of fact.
Going to pick up a new pair of shooting gloves that are more insulated than the thin ones I have and a pair of Muck/LaCrosse/Cabellas rubber boots
Muck, Muck, Muck!   I luv my Mucks, learned about them from the Dog Trainer who walks about 20 miles a day in them working with the dogs.
That's where I am leaning - my dad loves his LaCrosse ones, will depend somewhat on the store selection too.
LaCrosse is ok, used to be great but no longer made in LaCrosse, or anywhere else in the USA.  LaCrosse does offer some heavier insulated stuff than Muck which would definitely be a factor for you.  Yeah store selection is a big factor, guy at the store here told me they have less than 25% of the merchandise than offered online. (And it is a big store)  One good thing about Cabellas is that their house brand things are usually of good quality unlike the Walmart of outdoors Bass Pro and their house brand stuff is pure junk.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »

Good mornin gents!
15 odd things you can shoot through your shotgun.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAB48S8wAR8

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »

Must be cold in Nebraska the Game Day folks are wearing overcoats.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »

Time to babysit (all day).  Later all....

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2014, 09:14:43 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Soccer season all done?
No, my youngest daughter has a game in 45 minutes.  It's freezing here though.  Not looking forward to it because this is the "coach is a cunt" team.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2014, 09:17:05 AM »

I have yet to find any gloves that are warm in a duck blind yet light enough to load & shoot with.  I actually use some old school wool shooting gloves mostly they seem to be the warmest and I have tried a bunch of kinds.   Neoprene is warm but hard to operate the gun with.  Let me know if you find the perfect solution I would certainly buy some.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Soccer season all done?
No, my youngest daughter has a game in 45 minutes.  It's freezing here though.  Not looking forward to it because this is the "coach is a cunt" team.
Yuk!  Hang in there.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »

In case you're wondering, I've left a "Good morning, Dave" in the clipboard, because it just makes sense.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »

Good mornin gents!
LaCrosse is ok, used to be great but no longer made in LaCrosse, or anywhere else in the USA.  LaCrosse does offer some heavier insulated stuff than Muck which would definitely be a factor for you.  Yeah store selection is a big factor, guy at the store here told me they have less than 25% of the merchandise than offered online. (And it is a big store)  One good thing about Cabellas is that their house brand things are usually of good quality unlike the Walmart of outdoors Bass Pro and their house brand stuff is pure junk.
Very true, I have quite a few Cabelas branded items-love that they have a great house brand.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2014, 09:21:24 AM »

In case you're wondering, I've left a "Good morning, Dave" in the clipboard, because it just makes sense.
LOL, yeah guess it does. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »

I have yet to find any gloves that are warm in a duck blind yet light enough to load & shoot with.  I actually use some old school wool shooting gloves mostly they seem to be the warmest and I have tried a bunch of kinds.   Neoprene is warm but hard to operate the gun with.  Let me know if you find the perfect solution I would certainly buy some.
These are staples up here, then I just move my trigger finger outside of the mitten - I just need a new pair as mine are worn to shit after 10 or so years(and they are more of a cotton material and have been snagged and ripped up)
http://tinyurl.com/oocaoq2

I am interested to see these in person and see how difficult it will be to pull the trigger with the insulated finger
http://tinyurl.com/ntaj6ob
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9