Morning, all.  Guess I'm the second closest banterer to a beach this morning.  Fall weather creepin' in.  Lots of beer these past few days (visit to Green Flash brewery), lots of whiskey, lots of cigars.

Not sure of the whiskey delivery laws in your respective states but HiTimeWine.net is having a 10% off everything in store sale, online orders too.  I believe their shipping is somewhat reasonable out of state.  Just a heads up for anyone interested.
Good mornin Joe, happy birthday!

Thanks, bud.  Birthdays are the one day a year where I feel like liquor shopping should be encouraged.  Celebrated, even.
Amen to that!  Make sure to share what you get-need some new ideas for the holidays!

I picked up a Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey, Old Forester Signature 100 Proof, and Old Weller Antique 107 proof from the sale this morning.  The Stranahans is pretty interesting stuff, IMO.  I believe it's all malt/barley.  Tastes more like a scotch than a bourbon, even the wife likes it.  Usually $60+ when I see it around here but Hi Time's price is pretty low.
Have you had Breckenridge?  That's some really nice stuff...never had the Stranahan's

Happy Birthday Joe, cheers!

Happy Birthday Joe, cheers!
Uh oh, man down!
Logged

jswaykos

jswaykos

Happy Birthday Joe, cheers!

Thanks, bud.  Same to you, haha.  Just might go for that Imperial Biscotti Break after all.  See how much time I have between leaving work and getting the boy from school.
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

Yep, I've had Breckenridge.  Been a while so can't think of a direct comparison to Stranahans from a flavor profile standpoint, but I do remember that I liked the Stranahans a little more.

[...]

Very good to know...Breck is nice for $30, but not much more than that.

Happy Birthday Joe, cheers!

Thanks, bud.  Same to you, haha.  Just might go for that Imperial Biscotti Break after all.  See how much time I have between leaving work and getting the boy from school.
You should, it's about time. I had a Yeti Stout last night
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

I think Stranahans has a more unique flavor profile, especially since it's not a bourbon. Sweeter, and a very slight peat-like smokiness.

Pobation, 80 hours community service and a $2,000 fine would be the only punishment facing Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson if a no-contest plea to misdemeanor reckless assault.

Pobation, 80 hours community service and a $2,000 fine would be the only punishment facing Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson if a no-contest plea to misdemeanor reckless assault.
$2000? Why even bother? That'd be like fining me 29 cents.
Logged

jswaykos

Pobation, 80 hours community service and a $2,000 fine would be the only punishment facing Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson if a no-contest plea to misdemeanor reckless assault.
$2000? Why even bother? That'd be like fining me 29 cents.

LOL, precedent I guess.  If they fined him his $2,000 equivalent, it'd be challenged and thrown out immediately.  If they just didn't bother fining him at all, it'd be just as bad the other way, you'd never be able to punish anyone for the same crime.

I think the bigger joke is that he's able to plea bargain out of child abuse charges.  An average citizen would absolutely NOT have a similar case end like this.

Pobation, 80 hours community service and a $2,000 fine would be the only punishment facing Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson if a no-contest plea to misdemeanor reckless assault.
$2000? Why even bother? That'd be like fining me 29 cents.
Probably less, but I get your point ;)

Might as well have a little eye candy...

https://gfycat.com/CraftyUntimelyAmericansaddlebred

Pobation, 80 hours community service and a $2,000 fine would be the only punishment facing Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson if a no-contest plea to misdemeanor reckless assault.
$2000? Why even bother? That'd be like fining me 29 cents.

LOL, precedent I guess.  If they fined him his $2,000 equivalent, it'd be challenged and thrown out immediately.  If they just didn't bother fining him at all, it'd be just as bad the other way, you'd never be able to punish anyone for the same crime.

I think the bigger joke is that he's able to plea bargain out of child abuse charges.  An average citizen would absolutely NOT have a similar case end like this.
I couldn't agree more - and they say the system is fair no matter who you are - fucking lawyers.