CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: 11/8/2017  (Read 5115 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 11/8/2017
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2017, 03:38:15 PM »

Good morning Sam.  Good to have you drop in while the coffee is still fresh.
funny you would mention that, was out of my office for,evidently, longer than I thought, got back here and took a nice big swig of cold coffee... that's just plain nasty.  have NEVER seen the appeal of iced coffee.
+1 on that iced coffee concept!
I do enjoy me an iced Cafe Americano on a hot day.  My daughter always drinks her coffee iced.
I like my coffee, like my women. On ice, with no sugar - that's right, cold & bitter!
That may be what's been served, but do you actually like it that way?
we had a city holiday yesterday (politicians want city employees to vote on Election day!), so I stopped
for a 2nd time at a new Asian fusion restaurant.  First time I went, I asked for iced green tea, they said they don't
have that.  I asked, do you serve hot green tea? they replied yes, Can you bring me a large glass filled w/ ice?
Again yes, told them, then yes bring me those two things, and I can make iced green tea.  Years ago, a sushi place
out in Parsippany, had the same answers.  They were amazed as well.  but the next time I went, they brought me
a large pitcher filled with ice, and the pot of hot tea, as well as a tall empty glass.  Short answer, i prefer my coffee,
either iced or tepid.  sometimes i will take ice cubes from a glass of water, and stir them into the hot coffee.  When a waitress
comes by and wants to know if she should top off my coffee cup to make it hot again, i usually ask that they please don't.
Got the girls at Tim Horton's to put a few ice cubes in my coffee cup, before they pour it.
So adding ice to a hot drink makes it cold.  Got it.
We don't serve iced green tea!  Sure you do, some assembly required!
Charge triple for it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »

so, cigars, gun's, Dean's Womenfolk, and coffee and donuts are
conversation starters here at the banter?  8)
well, i recently received an M1 WWII japan theater rifle from my stepfatherinlaw.  has a few rounds of ammo so i'm thinking of taking it out doing some target practice.  heard it's a cool weapon to fire.
Be sure to lodge it solidly in your shoulder.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2017, 03:41:43 PM »

Granite folks just called and Countertops next Thursday.
Hmmm, seems like we were told that would be done by now, and someone here said it wouldn't happen, add two weeks.
Don't go pokin' the bur.....

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »

Good morning Sam.  Good to have you drop in while the coffee is still fresh.
funny you would mention that, was out of my office for,evidently, longer than I thought, got back here and took a nice big swig of cold coffee... that's just plain nasty.  have NEVER seen the appeal of iced coffee.
+1 on that iced coffee concept!
I do enjoy me an iced Cafe Americano on a hot day.  My daughter always drinks her coffee iced.
I like my coffee, like my women. On ice, with no sugar - that's right, cold & bitter!
That may be what's been served, but do you actually like it that way?
we had a city holiday yesterday (politicians want city employees to vote on Election day!), so I stopped
for a 2nd time at a new Asian fusion restaurant.  First time I went, I asked for iced green tea, they said they don't
have that.  I asked, do you serve hot green tea? they replied yes, Can you bring me a large glass filled w/ ice?
Again yes, told them, then yes bring me those two things, and I can make iced green tea.  Years ago, a sushi place
out in Parsippany, had the same answers.  They were amazed as well.  but the next time I went, they brought me
a large pitcher filled with ice, and the pot of hot tea, as well as a tall empty glass.  Short answer, i prefer my coffee,
either iced or tepid.  sometimes i will take ice cubes from a glass of water, and stir them into the hot coffee.  When a waitress
comes by and wants to know if she should top off my coffee cup to make it hot again, i usually ask that they please don't.
Got the girls at Tim Horton's to put a few ice cubes in my coffee cup, before they pour it.
So adding ice to a hot drink makes it cold.  Got it.
We don't serve iced green tea!  Sure you do, some assembly required!
Charge triple for it.
nope, only $2 for a pot of hot green tea.  No upcharge for ice.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2017, 03:49:42 PM »

Granite folks just called and Countertops next Thursday.
Hmmm, seems like we were told that would be done by now, and someone here said it wouldn't happen, add two weeks.
Don't go pokin' the bur.....
No bur with the countertop folks we ended up going with, so far they have pretty much met expectations based on what they told us.  Unfortunately all of the decent granite fabricators here are backed up a month or more. 

Bur is with the contractor doing paint, electrical and carpenter work, now he has caused huge delays even considering we knew at the beginning he was slow.  He has also been a huge pain in the ass!  He did one item yesterday morning and has one more to go which might take 15 minutes if he would just come do it, seems like he would be rushing to do that since I am holding back 25% of his money until he is finished.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2017, 04:04:44 PM »

well, i recently received an M1 WWII japan theater rifle from my stepfatherinlaw.  has a few rounds of ammo so i'm thinking of taking it out doing some target practice.  heard it's a cool weapon to fire.
Hmm, well, it'd be just like him to get a chuckle out of seeing me knocked on my ass.  will hold on tightly,  thanks!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »

Pretty funny Arby's ad on tv:  "Thanksgiving is the only Day You Deep Fry the Mascot"

Ad was for a new deep fried turkey sandwich.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2017, 04:23:07 PM »

ok, have a Lat Zero torp for the ride home, and an RP Mulligans Trophy series for the ride in tomorrow.  set for another day!  have fun all, g'night.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2017, 04:37:49 PM »

Hmm, well, it'd be just like him to get a chuckle out of seeing me knocked on my ass.  will hold on tightly,  thanks!
Be sure to follow CarolinaDave's advice and get it checked/reconditioned by a reputable gunsmith before going full blazes.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2017, 04:49:07 PM »

Pretty funny Arby's ad on tv:  "Thanksgiving is the only Day You Deep Fry the Mascot"

Ad was for a new deep fried turkey sandwich.
Euell Gibbons, believed many parts of a pine tree were edible,
but never purported to fry one on Arbor day!  8)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »

ok, have a Lat Zero torp for the ride home, and an RP Mulligans Trophy series for the ride in tomorrow.  set for another day!  have fun all, g'night.
Later SS, sure good to have you back with us as a regular!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »

WTF is the Mayor today? 

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »

WTF is the Mayor today?
I think he is busy planning his next cigar herf/scavenger hunt.
you it has to change locations 3 times in 24 hours...

Threebean

« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2017, 10:50:21 PM »

Flips fault.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]