CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 13, 2014, 12:02:27 AM

Title: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on November 13, 2014, 12:02:27 AM
Don't be a turkey!  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a beverage of your choice and welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on November 13, 2014, 12:39:20 AM
Good morning everyone!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:00:45 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:06:43 AM
Today is Thursday, Nov. 13, the 317th day of 2014. There are 48 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:07:21 AM
Today's Highlights in History:

On Nov. 13, 1974, Karen Silkwood, a 28-year-old technician and union activist at the Kerr-McGee Cimarron plutonium plant near Crescent, Oklahoma, died in a car crash while on her way to meet a reporter. In Amityville on Long Island, New York, six members of the DeFeo family were shot and killed in their home by eldest son Ronald DeFeo, Jr. PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat addressed the U.N. General Assembly, the first representative of a non-governmental entity to do so. Italian film director and actor Vittorio De Sica, 73, died in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:08:37 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:09:10 AM
In 1789, Benjamin Franklin wrote in a letter to a friend, Jean-Baptiste Leroy: "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:10:47 AM
In 1849, voters in California ratified the state's original constitution.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:11:23 AM
1909, 259 men and boys were killed when fire erupted inside a coal mine in Cherry, Illinois.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:11:48 AM
In 1927, the Holland Tunnel opened to the public, providing access between lower Manhattan and New Jersey beneath the Hudson River.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:12:08 AM
In 1937, the NBC Symphony Orchestra, formed exclusively for radio broadcasting, made its debut.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:12:32 AM
In 1942, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a measure lowering the minimum draft age from 21 to 18.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:13:04 AM
In 1956, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down laws calling for racial segregation on public city and state buses.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:13:38 AM
In 1969, speaking in Des Moines, Iowa, Vice President Spiro T. Agnew accused network television news departments of bias and distortion, and urged viewers to lodge complaints.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:14:06 AM
In 1971, the U.S. space probe Mariner 9 went into orbit around Mars.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:14:32 AM
1982, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, designed by Maya Lin, was dedicated on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:15:17 AM
1989, Polish labor leader Lech Walesa (lek vah-WEN'-sah) received the Medal of Freedom from President George H.W. Bush during a White House ceremony.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:15:42 AM
In 1994, Sweden voted in a non-binding referendum to join the European Union, which it did the following year.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:16:39 AM
Ten years ago: U.S. military officials said American troops had occupied the entire Iraqi city of Fallujah. Vice President Dick Cheney went to a hospital after experiencing shortness of breath; tests found nothing wrong. Rapper O.D.B. (real name: Russell Jones), a founding member of the Wu-Tang Clan, collapsed and died inside a recording studio in New York City two days before his 36th birthday. Harry Lampert, the illustrator who helped create the DC Comics superhero The Flash, died in Boca Raton, Florida, at age 88.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:18:47 AM
Five years ago: President Barack Obama, in Tokyo at the start of a weeklong trip to Asia, said his decision about how many troops to send to Afghanistan would come soon and that he was bent on "getting this right." U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announced a decision to bring professed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four others detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to trial in lower Manhattan (this plan was later dropped). Scientists said analysis of data from two NASA spacecraft that were intentionally crashed into the moon showed ample water near the lunar south pole.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:19:27 AM
One year ago: The Obama administration revealed that just 26,794 people had enrolled for health insurance during the first, flawed month of operations for the federal "Obamacare" website. (More than 79,000 others had signed up in the 14 states with their own websites.) Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admitted during a heated City Council meeting that he'd bought illegal drugs while in office, but he adamantly refused calls from councilors to step down and seek help. Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Max Scherzer of the Detroit Tigers won baseball's Cy Young Awards. Former Raiders tight end Todd Christensen died during liver transplant surgery in Utah; he was 57.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:20:02 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Madeleine Sherwood is 92. Journalist-author Peter Arnett is 80. Producer-director Garry Marshall is 80. Actor Jimmy Hawkins is 73. Country singer-songwriter Ray Wylie Hubbard is 68. Actor Joe Mantegna is 67. Actress Sheila Frazier is 66. Actress Frances Conroy is 61. Musician Andrew Ranken (The Pogues) is 61. Actress Tracy Scoggins is 61. Actor Chris Noth (nohth) is 60. Actress-comedian Whoopi Goldberg is 59. Actor Rex Linn is 58. Actress Caroline Goodall is 55. Actor Neil Flynn is 54. Former NFL quarterback Vinny Testaverde is 51. Rock musician Walter Kibby (Fishbone) is 50. Comedian Jimmy Kimmel is 47. Actor Steve Zahn is 47. Actor Gerard Butler is 45. Writer-activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali is 45. Actor Jordan Bridges is 41. Actress Aisha Hinds is 39. Rock musician Nikolai Fraiture is 36. NBA All-Star Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) is 35. Actress Monique Coleman is 34.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:21:17 AM
Thought for Today: "If we like a man's dream, we call him a reformer; if we don't like his dream, we call him a crank." — William Dean Howells, American author (1837-1920).
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 02:23:26 AM
---------------------
30 Politically Correct Ways to Say Someone Is Stupid
-------------------------

*A few clowns short of a circus
*A few fries short of a Happy Meal
*An experiment in Artificial Stupidity
*A few beers short of six-pack
*A few peas short of a casserole
*Doesn't have all his cornflakes in one box
*The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead
*One Fruit Loop shy of full bowl
*One taco short of a combination plate
*A few feathers short of a whole duck
*All foam, no beer
*Body by Fisher, brains by Mattel
*Has an I.Q. of 2, but it takes 3 to grunt
*Warning: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear
*Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
*Too much yardage between the goalposts
*An intellect rivalled only by garden tools
*As smart as bait
*Doesn't have all his dogs on one leash
*Doesn't know much, but leads the league in nostril hair
*Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor
*Forgot to pay his brain bill
*Her antenna doesn't pick up all the channels
*His belt doesn't go through all the loops
*If he had another brain, it would be lonely
*No grain in the silo
*Proof that evolution can go in reverse
*Receiver is off the hook
*Several nuts short of a full pouch
*He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 04:45:29 AM
Time for a double Sheesh.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 05:18:26 AM
Morning LSU, Happy Day Off!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 05:21:02 AM
Morning LSU, Happy Day Off!
Good morning Native and thanks.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 05:22:52 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 05:27:59 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
That is some nasty weather!  Actual temp here is 32 and chill is 22 but dry.  Saw on TV the temp,is -7 and chill -35 in Denver, now that is cold!  Friend there smith the high yesterday was 1 and off and on snow all day.  Must be winter!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 05:28:47 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
SIL might should drop by to warm things up.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 05:44:01 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
That is some nasty weather!  Actual temp here is 32 and chill is 22 but dry.  Saw on TV the temp,is -7 and chill -35 in Denver, now that is cold!  Friend there smith the high yesterday was 1 and off and on snow all day.  Must be winter!
I am betting my son is not enjoying his stupid decision now to move to Colorado.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 05:45:43 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
SIL might should drop by to warm things up.
I am afraid she and her husband are in Grand Isle for the weekend, I bet they don't get to far in their kayak's fishing this weekend.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 05:52:31 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
That is some nasty weather!  Actual temp here is 32 and chill is 22 but dry.  Saw on TV the temp,is -7 and chill -35 in Denver, now that is cold!  Friend there smith the high yesterday was 1 and off and on snow all day.  Must be winter!
I am betting my son is not enjoying his stupid decision now to move to Colorado.
He probably never imagined it could even be that cold.  My friend there likes cold weather but he said it was brutal yesterday.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 05:53:15 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
SIL might should drop by to warm things up.
I am afraid she and her husband are in Grand Isle for the weekend, I bet they don't get to far in their kayak's fishing this weekend.
Yeah not nice fishing weather and if like here that system has a lot of wind with it.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 05:55:19 AM
Guess I will get read y for work.  Taking off at lunch today to pick up my son at the airport and spend some time with him as he has only a short visit.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 06:02:20 AM
Guess I will get read y for work.  Taking off at lunch today to pick up my son at the airport and spend some time with him as he has only a short visit.
Maybe the workday will pass quickly for you and you can enjoy your family time.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 06:12:01 AM
Weather app says that it feels like 33° with a light rain in the mix, feels more like snow to me.
That is some nasty weather!  Actual temp here is 32 and chill is 22 but dry.  Saw on TV the temp,is -7 and chill -35 in Denver, now that is cold!  Friend there smith the high yesterday was 1 and off and on snow all day.  Must be winter!
I am betting my son is not enjoying his stupid decision now to move to Colorado.
You are probably right.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 06:12:42 AM
Morning Chip and Dave....but not day off Dave.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 06:16:25 AM
In 1969, speaking in Des Moines, Iowa, Vice President Spiro T. Agnew accused network television news departments of bias and distortion, and urged viewers to lodge complaints.
He should be around to see what they've become today.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 06:26:13 AM
Time for a double Sheesh.
Folks a little tired after the lively banter day yesterday.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 13, 2014, 06:35:32 AM
Morning Chip and Dave....but not day off Dave.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 06:40:04 AM
Going to take it easy for your day off today Chip?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 06:49:44 AM
Well, well, well.  If it ain't yuz guys again.  Good morning.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 06:55:22 AM
Time for a double Sheesh.
Folks a little tired after the lively banter day yesterday.
I'm bushed
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 07:00:05 AM
Time for a double Sheesh.
Folks a little tired after the lively banter day yesterday.
I'm bushed
Leading with the excuses again?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 07:00:38 AM
Kinda interesting that you two happen to roll in together....
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 07:02:10 AM
Time for a double Sheesh.
Folks a little tired after the lively banter day yesterday.
I'm bushed
Leading with the excuses again?
No, just wanted to use "bushed" in a sentence
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 07:05:23 AM
Kinda interesting that you two happen to roll in together....
We're tight
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 07:09:15 AM
good morning guys.
OOO and coffee here. wifi problems in the park have gotten worse. not sure whether I'll be on long.
park has a buyer from New Jersey. place is getting more fucked up every day.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 07:17:14 AM
good morning guys.
OOO and coffee here. wifi problems in the park have gotten worse. not sure whether I'll be on long.
park has a buyer from New Jersey. place is getting more fucked up every day.
Good morning, Deano.  I missed you yesterday.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 07:19:14 AM
I've gotta get on the road so I'll check back in a bit.  My tight buddy will take it from here.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 07:20:12 AM
Kinda interesting that you two happen to roll in together....
Don't think I didn't notice you used, "roll".
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 07:22:26 AM
good morning guys.
OOO and coffee here. wifi problems in the park have gotten worse. not sure whether I'll be on long.
park has a buyer from New Jersey. place is getting more fucked up every day.
Good morning, Deano.  I missed you yesterday.
I was up all night and out early yesterday.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 07:29:21 AM
good morning guys.
OOO and coffee here. wifi problems in the park have gotten worse. not sure whether I'll be on long.
park has a buyer from New Jersey. place is getting more fucked up every day.
Antnee and I sent him down to ready the place for our arrival.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 07:29:51 AM
good morning guys.
OOO and coffee here. wifi problems in the park have gotten worse. not sure whether I'll be on long.
park has a buyer from New Jersey. place is getting more fucked up every day.
Good morning, Deano.  I missed you yesterday.
I was up all night and out early yesterday.
Are you bragging again Dean?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 07:30:48 AM
I've gotta get on the road so I'll check back in a bit.  My tight buddy will take it from here.
And how do you know he's t....   oh never mind....don't ask questions you don't want answers to.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 07:34:29 AM
I've gotta get on the road so I'll check back in a bit.  My tight buddy will take it from here.
And how do you know he's t....   oh never mind....don't ask questions you don't want answers to.
I'm flat, Tony rolled over me this morning
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 07:41:34 AM
good morning guys.
OOO and coffee here. wifi problems in the park have gotten worse. not sure whether I'll be on long.
park has a buyer from New Jersey. place is getting more fucked up every day.
Good morning, Deano.  I missed you yesterday.
I was up all night and out early yesterday.
Are you bragging again Dean?
God no. movie night got carried away. very unexpected. then I realized it was golf day and I had to pick up my golf partner. he wrecked his car and boat trailer coming back from a fishing tourney in Georgia. then I ended up at the tattoo shop to see when the tat was getting finished. I'll be under the ink needle Saturday from 1 pm until it's finished, if I can hold out that long.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 07:43:51 AM
good morning guys.
OOO and coffee here. wifi problems in the park have gotten worse. not sure whether I'll be on long.
park has a buyer from New Jersey. place is getting more fucked up every day.
Antnee and I sent him down to ready the place for our arrival.
as mismanaged as this place if with the owned only 45 minutes away I can't imagine what's going to happen now. could be an improvement. although I'm going to miss those big tits.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 07:44:00 AM
Have you guys smoked both the corona and the robusto in the 601 Green line? I've only ever had the Tronco (robusto) which I really like, how do the other vitolas compare? Thank you, GFYs in advance for your sarcastic replies
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 07:55:38 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 07:57:31 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 07:58:12 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 08:02:20 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:03:38 AM
ObamaCare SUCKS!
but the prices are coming down.
getting close to cutting ties to NY. fucking deadbeats haven't changed a bit nor has their mother. beginning to think she's just a big deadbeat herself.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:04:33 AM
In 1969, speaking in Des Moines, Iowa, Vice President Spiro T. Agnew accused network television news departments of bias and distortion, and urged viewers to lodge complaints.
He should be around to see what they've become today.
+1
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 08:07:43 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Cheers to that!  Might get my first smoke in since last week...damn weather!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:08:12 AM
Have you guys smoked both the corona and the robusto in the 601 Green line? I've only ever had the Tronco (robusto) which I really like, how do the other vitolas compare? Thank you, GFYs in advance for your sarcastic replies
Have not had the Corona but looked at them on the Mash this week and thought about it but sat on my hands to keep from another click.  Right now I think the Green is pretty good and definitely the best of the 3 in the color line.  Blue went to crap when they changed it and Red is just  a bit "harsh" tasting but not terrible at all.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:08:52 AM
Morning CG, Travellin Dave, Tony, Fish and WTF day is it Dean!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:11:22 AM
ObamaCare SUCKS!
but the prices are coming down.
getting close to cutting ties to NY. fucking deadbeats haven't changed a bit nor has their mother. beginning to think she's just a big deadbeat herself.
Really Dean, Obama Care Sux?  You can't really mean that!  Better not let Golf hear you saying that.  And the deductibles are going UPPP
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:14:25 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
And it is Friday for me! ;D
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:15:17 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Cheers to that!  Might get my first smoke in since last week...damn weather!
Hell it is supposed to freeze all the way down to Houston tonight.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 08:16:37 AM
Morning CG, Travellin Dave, Tony, Fish and WTF day is it Dean!
Good mornin Tex and all the bastiges he listed! ;)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:17:46 AM
ObamaCare SUCKS!
but the prices are coming down.
getting close to cutting ties to NY. fucking deadbeats haven't changed a bit nor has their mother. beginning to think she's just a big deadbeat herself.
Really Dean, Obama Care Sux?  You can't really mean that!  Better not let Golf hear you saying that.  And the deductibles are going UPPP
being down here with insurance that isn't recognized is stupid ....... and risky. I need to shit and get off the pot. making a trip to Verizon to see what I can do to cut out of this fucking family plan that nobody but me is paying (bill is almost where it was when I paid it up and left) it's about to get shut off for non-payment :), and switch my car insurance over to one driver, one car.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:17:54 AM
Better get your heat fired up Dean!

All 50 States Will See Freezing Temperatures
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:18:54 AM
ObamaCare SUCKS!
but the prices are coming down.
getting close to cutting ties to NY. fucking deadbeats haven't changed a bit nor has their mother. beginning to think she's just a big deadbeat herself.
Really Dean, Obama Care Sux?  You can't really mean that!  Better not let Golf hear you saying that.  And the deductibles are going UPPP
being down here with insurance that isn't recognized is stupid ....... and risky. I need to shit and get off the pot. making a trip to Verizon to see what I can do to cut out of this fucking family plan that nobody but me is paying (bill is almost where it was when I paid it up and left) it's about to get shut off for non-payment :), and switch my car insurance over to one driver, one car.
Must agreee all those are rational ideas and plans!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 08:20:18 AM
ObamaCare SUCKS!
but the prices are coming down.
getting close to cutting ties to NY. fucking deadbeats haven't changed a bit nor has their mother. beginning to think she's just a big deadbeat herself.
Really Dean, Obama Care Sux?  You can't really mean that!  Better not let Golf hear you saying that.  And the deductibles are going UPPP
being down here with insurance that isn't recognized is stupid ....... and risky. I need to shit and get off the pot. making a trip to Verizon to see what I can do to cut out of this fucking family plan that nobody but me is paying (bill is almost where it was when I paid it up and left) it's about to get shut off for non-payment :), and switch my car insurance over to one driver, one car.
Must agreee all those are rational ideas and plans!
Good plan Deaner, get er done!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 08:22:52 AM
Have you guys smoked both the corona and the robusto in the 601 Green line? I've only ever had the Tronco (robusto) which I really like, how do the other vitolas compare? Thank you, GFYs in advance for your sarcastic replies
Have not had the Corona but looked at them on the Mash this week and thought about it but sat on my hands to keep from another click.  Right now I think the Green is pretty good and definitely the best of the 3 in the color line.  Blue went to crap when they changed it and Red is just  a bit "harsh" tasting but not terrible at all.
I've only smoked one red label and didn't like it, just didn't suit me. I love the greens and blues, haven't had the new label blues yet, Famous has all old label stock still. I want to try the 601 Steel line from Famous, I'll grab them on their bid site for a bargain or when they mash
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:23:32 AM
Better get your heat fired up Dean!

All 50 States Will See Freezing Temperatures

next Tuesday and Wednesday lows in the 30's highs in the 50's then back warming.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Ogie on November 13, 2014, 08:30:34 AM
cigarsintl.com/freesh4b
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 08:31:42 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Except for Chip and Dave where Thursday is Saturday.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:32:57 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Except for Chip and Dave where Thursday is Saturday.
and I love 7 Mondays!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 08:33:08 AM
ObamaCare SUCKS!
but the prices are coming down.
getting close to cutting ties to NY. fucking deadbeats haven't changed a bit nor has their mother. beginning to think she's just a big deadbeat herself.
Really Dean, Obama Care Sux?  You can't really mean that!  Better not let Golf hear you saying that.  And the deductibles are going UPPP
being down here with insurance that isn't recognized is stupid ....... and risky. I need to shit and get off the pot. making a trip to Verizon to see what I can do to cut out of this fucking family plan that nobody but me is paying (bill is almost where it was when I paid it up and left) it's about to get shut off for non-payment :), and switch my car insurance over to one driver, one car.
Must agreee all those are rational ideas and plans!
Sounds like a good plan for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:33:22 AM
Have you guys smoked both the corona and the robusto in the 601 Green line? I've only ever had the Tronco (robusto) which I really like, how do the other vitolas compare? Thank you, GFYs in advance for your sarcastic replies
Have not had the Corona but looked at them on the Mash this week and thought about it but sat on my hands to keep from another click.  Right now I think the Green is pretty good and definitely the best of the 3 in the color line.  Blue went to crap when they changed it and Red is just  a bit "harsh" tasting but not terrible at all.
I've only smoked one red label and didn't like it, just didn't suit me. I love the greens and blues, haven't had the new label blues yet, Famous has all old label stock still. I want to try the 601 Steel line from Famous, I'll grab them on their bid site for a bargain or when they mash
LaBomba is good also and the Warhead is absolutely great but at a much higher price point.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 13, 2014, 08:34:42 AM
ObamaCare SUCKS!
but the prices are coming down.
getting close to cutting ties to NY. fucking deadbeats haven't changed a bit nor has their mother. beginning to think she's just a big deadbeat herself.
Really Dean, Obama Care Sux?  You can't really mean that!  Better not let Golf hear you saying that.  And the deductibles are going UPPP
being down here with insurance that isn't recognized is stupid ....... and risky. I need to shit and get off the pot. making a trip to Verizon to see what I can do to cut out of this fucking family plan that nobody but me is paying (bill is almost where it was when I paid it up and left) it's about to get shut off for non-payment :), and switch my car insurance over to one driver, one car.
Must agreee all those are rational ideas and plans!
Good plan Deaner, get er done!
"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in"  Michael Corleone and now Dean
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:35:54 AM
My wife turned to me in bed last night.

"Are you awake?" she whispered. "I can't sleep."

"Me neither," I whispered back.

"Well seeing as you can't sleep," she giggled, rubbing my thigh. "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Yes please," I replied. "Shut the fuck up!"
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 08:36:39 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Except for Chip and Dave where Thursday is Saturday.
and I love 7 Mondays!
Yea, but now every day is Saturday for you!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 08:36:40 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Except for Chip and Dave where Thursday is Saturday.
and I love 7 Mondays!
GFY! :)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:36:50 AM
[...]

ha ha ha. morning David.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:39:56 AM
A man went to the doctor complaining of insomnia. The doctor gave him an exam and found nothing physically wrong with him. Listen, the doctor said, if you ever expect to cure your insomnia, you need to stop taking your troubles to bed with you.
Its true, said the patient, but my wife refuses to sleep alone.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 13, 2014, 08:40:36 AM
[...]

hey dean, it's looking more and more like south Florida in late January for me. You going to make a day trip?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:42:12 AM
My wife turned to me in bed last night.

"Are you awake?" she whispered. "I can't sleep."

"Me neither," I whispered back.

"Well seeing as you can't sleep," she giggled, rubbing my thigh. "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Yes please," I replied. "Shut the fuck up!"
Dean, Dean, Dean
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:42:55 AM
Happy Thursday BotL!
Morning Shaun
It's almost Friday today!  ;D
Exactly, I've always loved Thursday due to it's relation to Friday. It's like Friday Light, or Friday Eve
Except for Chip and Dave where Thursday is Saturday.
and I love 7 Mondays!
GFY! :)
+1
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:43:47 AM
Robert , 85, married Jenny, a lovely 25 year old ...
Since her new husband is so old, Jenny decides that after their wedding
she and Robert should have separate bedrooms, because she is concerned
that her new but aged husband may over-exert himself if they spend the
entire night together.
After the wedding festivities Jenny prepares herself for bed and the
expected knock on the door.
Sure enough the knock comes, the door opens and there is Robert, her 85
year old groom, ready for action. They unite as one... All goes well,
Robert takes leave of his bride, and she prepares to go to sleep.
After a few minutes, Jenny hears another knock on her bedroom door, and
it's Robert, Again he is ready for more 'action'. Somewhat surprised,
Jenny consents for more coupling. When the newlyweds are done, Robert
kisses his bride, bids her a fond good night and leaves.
She is set to go to sleep again, but, aha, you guessed it Robert is back
again, rapping on the door and is as fresh as a 25 - year - old, ready
for more 'action'.
And, once more they enjoy each other.
But as Robert gets set to leave again, his young bride says to him, 'I
am thoroughly impressed that at your age you can perform so well and so
often. I have been with guys less than a third of your age who were only
good once. You are truly a great lover, Robert.'
Robert, somewhat embarrassed, turns to Jenny and says:
'You mean I was here already?'
The moral of the story:
Don't be afraid of getting old,
Alzheimer's has its advantages.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 13, 2014, 08:43:48 AM
Better get your heat fired up Dean!

All 50 States Will See Freezing Temperatures

next Tuesday and Wednesday lows in the 30's highs in the 50's then back warming.
nice, now you can all GFY's its been in the 20's here all week.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:45:05 AM
[...]

plan on a weekend road trip. it'll take a day to get there. I will do my best to be there.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:45:34 AM
Better get your heat fired up Dean!

All 50 States Will See Freezing Temperatures

next Tuesday and Wednesday lows in the 30's highs in the 50's then back warming.
nice, now you can all GFY's its been in the 20's here all week.
GFY it's supposed to be that way up there but not here, average high this time of year for us is around 70.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 13, 2014, 08:48:29 AM
Better get your heat fired up Dean!

All 50 States Will See Freezing Temperatures

next Tuesday and Wednesday lows in the 30's highs in the 50's then back warming.
nice, now you can all GFY's its been in the 20's here all week.
GFY it's supposed to be that way up there but not here, average high this time of year for us is around 70.
it should be in the 40's here. Global warming, obamacare can't the govt get anything right?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:48:50 AM
John, Brian, and Martin were sitting on the front porch, drinking a
little 'shine, and talking about their dumb ole' hillbilly wives.

"You know, boys, my wife Judi is SO stupid. She went down to the
store 'tother day and bought an air-conditioner! Hell, boys, we ain't
got no 'lectricity!"

The other two just howl with laughter.

Brian the Miniature says, "Hell, that ain't nothing -- my dumbass
wife went down to the store and bought herself a washing machine! We
ain't got no runnin' water!"

That one nearly slayed 'em.

Martin wiped the tears from his eyes and said, "Well, I reckon my
bride's GOT to be the stupidest of the bunch, boys. 'tother day I was
snooping thru her purse to find me a couple dollars to play some poker
with. I found six or seven rubbers -- hell, she ain't got no dick!"
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 13, 2014, 08:49:20 AM
Coffee time, have a good day boys.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:51:35 AM
for Tony:

Women are like computers -- even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.

Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 08:51:43 AM
Better get your heat fired up Dean!

All 50 States Will See Freezing Temperatures

next Tuesday and Wednesday lows in the 30's highs in the 50's then back warming.
nice, now you can all GFY's its been in the 20's here all week.
GFY it's supposed to be that way up there but not here, average high this time of year for us is around 70.
it should be in the 40's here. Global warming, obamacare can't the govt get anything right?
Short Answer - NO    Long Answer - FUCK NO
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:53:11 AM
Every Sunday Father Donovan, a preacher at a small church in the little town of Juniper, MO, tried to make the Bible accessible to his congregation through his sermons.
     On this particular Sunday, Father Donovan proclaimed, "If you ever feel adrift in the sea of life, just turn to the Bible for guidance. All life's experiences are immortalized in the good book, and it will help you find your way to shore."
     After church Mrs. Francis approached the preacher and said, "Father Donovan, I don't think every life experience is in the Bible. Nowhere in the Bible have I ever read about PMS."
     Father Donovan had never heard such a comment, so that night he sifted through the Bible to see if Mrs. Francis was right.
     Next Sunday Father Donovan pulled Mrs. Francis aside after church and said, "I wasn't wrong last Sunday when I said that every life experience is mentioned in the Bible."
     "Okay, Father. Where does it say anything about PMS?"
     Father Donovan opened up his Bible and showed her a passage that read: "And Mary rode Joseph's ass all the way to Bethlehem."
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:58:52 AM
Vocabulary Lesson For Men - Words Women Use:

Fine:  This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
Five Minutes:  If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour.  Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means "something" and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with '"Nothing" usually end in "Fine."
Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.
Loud Sigh:  This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing."
That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
Thanks:  A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.
Whatever:  It's a woman's way of saying #@*! YOU!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on November 13, 2014, 08:59:29 AM
AJ Overrun and more coffee.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:07:07 AM
Have you guys smoked both the corona and the robusto in the 601 Green line? I've only ever had the Tronco (robusto) which I really like, how do the other vitolas compare? Thank you, GFYs in advance for your sarcastic replies
Great question.  I don't know either because I've only ever smoked the robusto too.  I have a full box of coronas that have been sitting in the humi for over a year.  I'll crack it open and share the next time we get together.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:08:57 AM
for Tony:

Women are like computers -- even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
No doubt.  The difference is you can unplug a computer.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:10:10 AM
for Tony:

Women are like computers -- even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
No doubt.  The difference is you can unplug a computer.
Or even knock the shit out of a computer
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:14:29 AM
[...]
I'm a big La Bomba fan as most know, they're my favorite of the 601 line. I bought a Warhead II in FL that I haven't smoked yet, the size is nicer than the first version IMO. The Warhead I should be coming down in price, I keep an eye on them on bid sites
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:30:46 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:31:37 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Here we go
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:32:15 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Here we go

Can you just give us access to your personal calendar?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:34:01 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Here we go
I never see you trying to organize anything, you fucker.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:35:39 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Here we go
I never see you trying to organize anything, you fucker.
Here we go again 10 pages of banter to find out 2/3 of  you are not going to show up.........
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:36:49 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:41:40 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Funny, had no idea what they would be like never tried one.  I am not sure they even still make them.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:43:20 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Here we go
I never see you trying to organize anything, you fucker.
Here we go again 10 pages of banter to find out 2/3 of  you are not going to show up.........
Exactly! There's no reason trying to organize anything with Tony, it's an exercise in futility. Case in point: He was trying last week and the beginning of this week to "organize" a herf. He didn't have a place, just threw the question out there about being near the Flemington area. Then the dickhead cancels his own herf (which never was) because seemingly he and his wife don't talk to each other.

Need I remind you he "organized" one last winter and got 4 people lost and one sick for 3 months. NJDave and I managed to arrange a meeting to exchange cigars, it took 3 texts and we met the following day, on time. Tell me who's the common Effed-up denominator? My guess is the answer is a portly North Jersey Italian with not-so uncommon mannerisms
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Threebean on November 13, 2014, 09:45:46 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Funny, had no idea what they would be like never tried one.  I am not sure they even still make them.
As Tony the Tiger used to say, the coronas are GREAT. Better tasting than the robs, IMFO.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:47:50 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Funny, had no idea what they would be like never tried one.  I am not sure they even still make them.
As Tony the Tiger used to say, the coronas are GREAT. Better tasting than the robs, IMFO.
Morning Mark, you're referring back to the 601 discussion, yes?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Threebean on November 13, 2014, 09:47:55 AM
And good morning, girls.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Threebean on November 13, 2014, 09:49:05 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Funny, had no idea what they would be like never tried one.  I am not sure they even still make them.
As Tony the Tiger used to say, the coronas are GREAT. Better tasting than the robs, IMFO.
Morning Mark, you're referring back to the 601 discussion, yes?
Well I sure ain't jumping into the who-sucks-worse-at-setting-up-herfs discussion.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 09:51:32 AM
And good morning, girls.
Howdy Mark!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 09:51:42 AM
[...]

You mad bro?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:52:09 AM
[...]
BTW TexasDave, the Warhead I boxes go for about $61 on Famous bid, the Warhead II has been up also and goes for about the same
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:52:54 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Funny, had no idea what they would be like never tried one.  I am not sure they even still make them.
Smoked the first one 5 years ago and thought it was decent.  This morning I discovered the second one buried in the humidor while I was looking for something to smoke for the ride.  I wasn't disappointed.  Very smooth, lots of cedar and sweet tobacco notes.  Nice, long finish and tons of smoke.  Luckily, my car knows which way to go.   ;)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:53:54 AM
[...]

No, just had to straighten-out some douche  ;D
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:54:49 AM
And good morning, girls.
Hi and bye, Mark.  Running off to a meeting.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:55:14 AM
And good morning, girls.
And a good morning Mr Bean.  Cold up north this morning?   This wind downtown is off the chart.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 09:55:52 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Funny, had no idea what they would be like never tried one.  I am not sure they even still make them.
As Tony the Tiger used to say, the coronas are GREAT. Better tasting than the robs, IMFO.
Morning Mark, you're referring back to the 601 discussion, yes?
Well I sure ain't jumping into the who-sucks-worse-at-setting-up-herfs discussion.
HA! Fair enough and I don't blame you. You replied to the Kinky Friedman post so I wasn't sure.

P.S. We all know Tony sucks the worst at setting up herfs
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:56:06 AM
And good morning, girls.
Hi and bye, Mark.  Running off to a meeting.
Running, that must be a fucking sight!!!!!  Meeting canceled everybody fell out on the floor laughing at your "runnin".
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:56:19 AM
[...]

I'm happy you're feeling better.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 09:56:43 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 09:57:14 AM
And good morning, girls.
Hi and bye, Mark.  Running off to a meeting.
Running, that must be a fucking sight!!!!!  Meeting canceled everybody fell out on the floor laughing at your "runnin".
GFY!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:57:55 AM
[...]
Thanks, I have not tried the II
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:58:12 AM
And good morning, girls.
Hi and bye, Mark.  Running off to a meeting.
Running, that must be a fucking sight!!!!!  Meeting canceled everybody fell out on the floor laughing at your "runnin".
GFY!
;D
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 09:59:36 AM
By the way, on my way in I smoked a Kinky Friedman Utopia with about 5 years on it, gifted to me by TGO.  Awesome morning smoke.
Funny, had no idea what they would be like never tried one.  I am not sure they even still make them.
Smoked the first one 5 years ago and thought it was decent.  This morning I discovered the second one buried in the humidor while I was looking for something to smoke for the ride.  I wasn't disappointed.  Very smooth, lots of cedar and sweet tobacco notes.  Nice, long finish and tons of smoke.  Luckily, my car knows which way to go.   ;)
Might go well with that Cedar beer I was drinking last Saturday.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 10:00:40 AM
And good morning, girls.
Hi and bye, Mark.  Running off to a meeting.
Running, that must be a fucking sight!!!!!  Meeting canceled everybody fell out on the floor laughing at your "runnin".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C7JO_2MP7w
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 10:02:11 AM
LMFAO --   from Stogie Boys just for our friend LSU  ( I did not make that up it is right off the ad)

 Carlos Torano Cigars Super Sale

25% Off Plus FREE Shipping!
Save Big on all Carlos Torano Products

Get these wonderful Blue Chip Brand Cigars as low as $1.50 a stick!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Threebean on November 13, 2014, 10:03:14 AM
And good morning, girls.
And a good morning Mr Bean.  Cold up north this morning?   This wind downtown is off the chart.
Oh yeah, and supposed to be even colder tomorrow morning.  Too early for this schitt.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 13, 2014, 10:08:56 AM
Good morning Munchkins...!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 10:10:05 AM
Good morning Munchkins...!
Mornin BD!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Threebean on November 13, 2014, 10:12:36 AM
Good morning Munchkins...!
Morning mal padre.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 10:14:26 AM
Good morning Munchkins...!
Morning Dad
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 10:20:19 AM
Good morning Munchkins...!
Morning Dad
Morning Dad
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 10:22:21 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 10:24:39 AM
[...]

Obviously feeling better after shuffling around yesterday in a rather punky condition.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 10:25:30 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Any SC visits in there?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 10:28:49 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Here we go
I never see you trying to organize anything, you fucker.
Here we go again 10 pages of banter to find out 2/3 of  you are not going to show up.........
Never had that problem with you, Bean and jr!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 10:30:44 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Any SC visits in there?
Not through the end of the year.  Next planned on is the last week in Jan.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 10:32:05 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Any SC visits in there?
NoDak?!?!?! ;)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 10:32:47 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Here we go
I never see you trying to organize anything, you fucker.
Here we go again 10 pages of banter to find out 2/3 of  you are not going to show up.........
Never had that problem with you, Bean and jr!
Cause we are not from NJ and we know how to do things in TX!  (last bit was just for Golf in case he is tuning in on his day off)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 10:36:30 AM
[...]

Slowly returning to form
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 13, 2014, 10:41:28 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 13, 2014, 10:46:41 AM
By any chance, "would anyone have the free shipping code...?"
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 10:46:55 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
"It's for my health and sanity!"
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 10:47:15 AM
By any chance, "would anyone have the free shipping code...?"
I think it's *47, should be back a few pages
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 10:50:31 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
No, that's what the Tennis Pro is for
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 10:52:12 AM
By any chance, "would anyone have the free shipping code...?"
cigarsintl.com/freesh4b
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 10:52:39 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Just finalized week of December 8, so I'll be home week of Dec 1
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 10:57:06 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Just finalized week of December 8, so I'll be home week of Dec 1
Thank you.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 10:59:07 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Just finalized week of December 8, so I'll be home week of Dec 1
Thank you.
Let me know when you have a plan to be cancelled
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 11:08:06 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
"It's for my health and sanity!"
What the hell good is a swing that slams into a door on the backswing....this ain't the "Godfather" wedding
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 11:09:27 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Just finalized week of December 8, so I'll be home week of Dec 1
Thank you.
Let me know when you have a plan to be cancelled
You'll be the first to know.  Dick.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:09:43 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
"It's for my health and sanity!"
What the hell good is a swing that slams into a door on the backswing....this ain't the "Godfather" wedding
Maybe they were going to knock down the door frame and figured might as well pound a little pussy while doing the demolition?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 11:14:07 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
"It's for my health and sanity!"
What the hell good is a swing that slams into a door on the backswing....this ain't the "Godfather" wedding
Maybe they were going to knock down the door frame and figured might as well pound a little pussy while doing the demolition?
PERVERTS! :-[
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:15:58 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
"It's for my health and sanity!"
What the hell good is a swing that slams into a door on the backswing....this ain't the "Godfather" wedding
Maybe they were going to knock down the door frame and figured might as well pound a little pussy while doing the demolition?
PERVERTS! :-[
(http://www.bigbeat.ch/static/emoticons/hammertime.gif)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 11:16:15 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
"It's for my health and sanity!"
What the hell good is a swing that slams into a door on the backswing....this ain't the "Godfather" wedding
Maybe they were going to knock down the door frame and figured might as well pound a little pussy while doing the demolition?
PERVERTS! :-[
Flattery will get you far!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 11:20:26 AM
Cheer up everyone, is BD pic time!

(http://i.imgur.com/wxHGWOD.jpg)
I wonder if Medicare would cover one of these...?  And what would I tell the doctor...? "I'm not as strong as I used to be, and I'm having trouble suspending my wife from the ceiling..!
"It's for my health and sanity!"
What the hell good is a swing that slams into a door on the backswing....this ain't the "Godfather" wedding
If she's in it, I'll figure it out
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 11:21:45 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Just finalized week of December 8, so I'll be home week of Dec 1
Thank you.
Let me know when you have a plan to be cancelled
You'll be the first to know.  Dick.
Ha! We're almost at the anniversary of your first herf scheduling debacle, Black Friday
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 11:22:15 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Just finalized week of December 8, so I'll be home week of Dec 1
Thank you.
Let me know when you have a plan to be cancelled
You'll be the first to know.  Dick.
Ha! We're almost at the anniversary of your first herf scheduling debacle, Black Friday
BTW, where's Joe when I mention Black Friday?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:23:51 AM
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/13/c6fefddb8cdfcf86b070ec5f1b0b81af.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 11:24:24 AM
@NJDave:  When are you home again after this week?
Out next week, home and off three days of thanksgiving week, Out the week of Dec 15, and either the week of Dec. 1 or 8.
Just finalized week of December 8, so I'll be home week of Dec 1
Thank you.
Let me know when you have a plan to be cancelled
You'll be the first to know.  Dick.
Ha! We're almost at the anniversary of your first herf scheduling debacle, Black Friday
BTW, where's Joe when I mention Black Friday?
Been MIA all week
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 11:25:04 AM
Choot-Um!!!!!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 11:25:32 AM
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/13/c6fefddb8cdfcf86b070ec5f1b0b81af.jpg)
....and any of them escaped?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 11:26:24 AM
Morning, all.  I was at the "old" office Tuesday but had a ton of work to do, didn't have a chance to log on.  But I'm here today, fuckers!!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 11:27:38 AM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:28:01 AM
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/13/c6fefddb8cdfcf86b070ec5f1b0b81af.jpg)
....and any of them escaped?
Probably a couple, usually drop 3-4/flock...trying to hit only drakes, but sometimes the hens get in the way.  Love these pictures the guy took with his GoPro, might get one for hunting next year.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:28:23 AM
Morning, all.  I was at the "old" office Tuesday but had a ton of work to do, didn't have a chance to log on.  But I'm here today, fuckers!!
Welcome to the jungle!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 11:28:42 AM
Morning, all.  I was at the "old" office Tuesday but had a ton of work to do, didn't have a chance to log on.  But I'm here today, fuckers!!
Morning Joe, it's sex swings, shootin' birds and Black Friday talk today. Oh yeah...and Tony still sucks
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Weird, mine must still be in transit.  Those are the MdOs if I recall correctly - store exclusive releases
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 11:33:35 AM
Morning, all.  I was at the "old" office Tuesday but had a ton of work to do, didn't have a chance to log on.  But I'm here today, fuckers!!
Morning Joe, it's sex swings, shootin' birds and Black Friday talk today. Oh yeah...and Tony still sucks

So we've moved past the new cabinet humidor?  Good.  Poor planning on my part has led to only a couple 'new' beer in the past few days, a Belching Beaver Pumpkin Pie Porter and a Hangar 24 Chocolate Porter.  The BB was good but my complaint was similar to that of their PB stout - too low ABV.  The Hangar 24 was also a bit disappointing.  Light chocolate flavors, somewhat thin.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 11:37:15 AM
Morning, all.  I was at the "old" office Tuesday but had a ton of work to do, didn't have a chance to log on.  But I'm here today, fuckers!!
Morning Joe, it's sex swings, shootin' birds and Black Friday talk today. Oh yeah...and Tony still sucks

So we've moved past the new cabinet humidor?  Good.  Poor planning on my part has led to only a couple 'new' beer in the past few days, a Belching Beaver Pumpkin Pie Porter and a Hangar 24 Chocolate Porter.  The BB was good but my complaint was similar to that of their PB stout - too low ABV.  The Hangar 24 was also a bit disappointing.  Light chocolate flavors, somewhat thin.
I'm at the point where I won't even bother if the ABV is below 7 for IPA and below 9 for a stout

BTW thank god it's bird hunting season so we won't have to hear about that crooked box for awhile
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:38:51 AM
There are Dragon's Milk cigars...DA FUCK!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10404140_1576688582565816_8410896023467499993_n.jpg?oh=f6bdae43282b09a36e2a1158b91de040&oe=551B1643&__gda__=1423168658_33e82d8dea7874c626f65a7096141841)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 11:39:06 AM
Morning, all.  I was at the "old" office Tuesday but had a ton of work to do, didn't have a chance to log on.  But I'm here today, fuckers!!
Morning Joe, it's sex swings, shootin' birds and Black Friday talk today. Oh yeah...and Tony still sucks

So we've moved past the new cabinet humidor?  Good.  Poor planning on my part has led to only a couple 'new' beer in the past few days, a Belching Beaver Pumpkin Pie Porter and a Hangar 24 Chocolate Porter.  The BB was good but my complaint was similar to that of their PB stout - too low ABV.  The Hangar 24 was also a bit disappointing.  Light chocolate flavors, somewhat thin.
I'm at the point where I won't even bother if the ABV is below 7 for IPA and below 9 for a stout

Sounds about right for me, too... maybe 8% for porters/stouts depending on the flavors, but it needs to feel like a bigger beer.  I hate these higher ABV stouts that feel like water.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:39:34 AM
Morning, all.  I was at the "old" office Tuesday but had a ton of work to do, didn't have a chance to log on.  But I'm here today, fuckers!!
Morning Joe, it's sex swings, shootin' birds and Black Friday talk today. Oh yeah...and Tony still sucks

So we've moved past the new cabinet humidor?  Good.  Poor planning on my part has led to only a couple 'new' beer in the past few days, a Belching Beaver Pumpkin Pie Porter and a Hangar 24 Chocolate Porter.  The BB was good but my complaint was similar to that of their PB stout - too low ABV.  The Hangar 24 was also a bit disappointing.  Light chocolate flavors, somewhat thin.
I'm at the point where I won't even bother if the ABV is below 7 for IPA and below 9 for a stout

BTW thank god it's bird hunting season so we won't have to hear about that crooked box for awhile
Fuck off, both of you.  It's hunting season for me and buffet season for Tony ;)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 11:39:42 AM
There are Dragon's Milk cigars...DA FUCK!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10404140_1576688582565816_8410896023467499993_n.jpg?oh=f6bdae43282b09a36e2a1158b91de040&oe=551B1643&__gda__=1423168658_33e82d8dea7874c626f65a7096141841)

Similar to how Drew Estate (I think?) is putting out those Pappy Van Winkle cigars...
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:40:44 AM
There are Dragon's Milk cigars...DA FUCK!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10404140_1576688582565816_8410896023467499993_n.jpg?oh=f6bdae43282b09a36e2a1158b91de040&oe=551B1643&__gda__=1423168658_33e82d8dea7874c626f65a7096141841)

Similar to how Drew Estate (I think?) is putting out those Pappy Van Winkle cigars...
Ohh, I was assuming these were infused like the Grand Marnier, Padron, etc ones.  The Pappy one is just a pairing cigar, no infusion.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:41:43 AM
For CabiWacky: http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro (http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 11:41:53 AM
There are Dragon's Milk cigars...DA FUCK!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10404140_1576688582565816_8410896023467499993_n.jpg?oh=f6bdae43282b09a36e2a1158b91de040&oe=551B1643&__gda__=1423168658_33e82d8dea7874c626f65a7096141841)

Similar to how Drew Estate (I think?) is putting out those Pappy Van Winkle cigars...
Strange stuff there, excellent beer though
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 11:41:54 AM
There are Dragon's Milk cigars...DA FUCK!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10404140_1576688582565816_8410896023467499993_n.jpg?oh=f6bdae43282b09a36e2a1158b91de040&oe=551B1643&__gda__=1423168658_33e82d8dea7874c626f65a7096141841)
Looks like you been fishing in the toilet bowl
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 11:44:18 AM
There are Dragon's Milk cigars...DA FUCK!
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10404140_1576688582565816_8410896023467499993_n.jpg?oh=f6bdae43282b09a36e2a1158b91de040&oe=551B1643&__gda__=1423168658_33e82d8dea7874c626f65a7096141841)

Similar to how Drew Estate (I think?) is putting out those Pappy Van Winkle cigars...
Strange stuff there, excellent beer though
I just noticed the asylum logo
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 11:48:15 AM
For CabiWacky: http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro (http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro)

Ah, thanks. Can't to wait to try it.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 11:55:19 AM
For CabiWacky: http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro (http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro)
Why him?  Some others are rather fond of EPC as well you know.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 11:57:27 AM
For CabiWacky: http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro (http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro)
Why him?  Some others are rather fond of EPC as well you know.
Well, he asked and it fell on deaf ears :)
note: that link was for all

Happy meow?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 12:00:22 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 13, 2014, 12:01:38 PM
By any chance, "would anyone have the free shipping code...?"
cigarsintl.com/freesh4b
I can't seem to get this to work.  If I log on with http://www.cigarsinternational.com/freesh4b and do not apply the code fresh4b it does not remove the shipping cost.  If I log on with http://www.cigarsinternational.com/freesh4b and apply fresh4b it accepts the code but still does not remove the shipping cost.  If I just log onto http://www.cigarsinternational.com normally, apply the fresh4b code, it accepts the code, but still does not remove the shipping cost.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 12:03:23 PM
For CabiWacky: http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro (http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro)

Ah, thanks. Can't to wait to try it.
May be sooner rather than later...
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 12:03:39 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.
Pisses me off they cap it at a qty of 2...bush league!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 12:03:44 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.

I believe they only sold them as singles.  Lame.  They're also a 'Top 5' cigar for me, easy.  Would've pounced on a full box but two singles aren't worth the shipping.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 12:04:10 PM
For CabiWacky: http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro (http://halfwheel.com/review-e-p-carrillo-federal-92nd-anniversary-medalla-d-oro)

Ah, thanks. Can't to wait to try it.
May be sooner rather than later...

Tonight, maybe.  No later than the weekend.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 12:04:16 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.

I believe they only sold them as singles.  Lame.  They're also a 'Top 5' cigar for me, easy.  Would've pounced on a full box but two singles aren't worth the shipping.
Did Tampa get theirs in?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 12:06:50 PM
Enough for one day I am out of here for the day!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 12:07:37 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.

I believe they only sold them as singles.  Lame.  They're also a 'Top 5' cigar for me, easy.  Would've pounced on a full box but two singles aren't worth the shipping.
Did Tampa get theirs in?

Not that I've seen.  Got plenty in reserve but I'm always looking for more.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 12:08:25 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.

I believe they only sold them as singles.  Lame.  They're also a 'Top 5' cigar for me, easy.  Would've pounced on a full box but two singles aren't worth the shipping.
Did Tampa get theirs in?

Not that I've seen.  Got plenty in reserve but I'm always looking for more.

Actually... looks like they have.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 12:09:17 PM
I am out of here!!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 12:09:36 PM
I am out of here!!
Lata Tex!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 12:12:26 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.

I believe they only sold them as singles.  Lame.  They're also a 'Top 5' cigar for me, easy.  Would've pounced on a full box but two singles aren't worth the shipping.
Did Tampa get theirs in?

Not that I've seen.  Got plenty in reserve but I'm always looking for more.

Actually... looks like they have.
Is $150/box a good price?  Can't imagine it's great, but it doesn't seem horrid.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 12:17:53 PM
Atlantic has Short Story Maduros....but only singles left.

I believe they only sold them as singles.  Lame.  They're also a 'Top 5' cigar for me, easy.  Would've pounced on a full box but two singles aren't worth the shipping.
Did Tampa get theirs in?

Not that I've seen.  Got plenty in reserve but I'm always looking for more.

Actually... looks like they have.
Is $150/box a good price?  Can't imagine it's great, but it doesn't seem horrid.

It's fair, and they're applying the 10% to them.  I just picked up a box for $135.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 12:20:05 PM
Speaking of Mr. Corleone...
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/11/13/staten-island-house-featured-in-godfather-up-for-sale/ (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/11/13/staten-island-house-featured-in-godfather-up-for-sale/)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 12:41:36 PM
Poor Felix.  I'm guessing that makes it 45 years ago, today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1h4ibpKJA
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 12:46:10 PM
Almost time for the Thanksgiving Buffet!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 12:49:43 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Weird, mine must still be in transit.  Those are the MdOs if I recall correctly - store exclusive releases
I'm sure that's it.....by airmail so ducks mighta hijacked the shipment.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 01:05:23 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Weird, mine must still be in transit.  Those are the MdOs if I recall correctly - store exclusive releases
I'm sure that's it.....by airmail so ducks mighta hijacked the shipment.

Oh, and ... uh... weather delays.  Getting snow out there already, I see?  Or is it yet to come this weekend?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 01:09:30 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 01:13:23 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 01:19:27 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.  Picture doesn't do it justice)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 01:22:47 PM
good day all!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 01:23:52 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 01:24:06 PM
good day all!
Afternoon Sam
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 01:25:40 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
Definitely worth a box purchase
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 01:28:31 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 01:29:11 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
Looks like Atlantic has them if it's the same one you're talking about.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 01:29:33 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Just that much quicker you are.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 01:35:17 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Just that much quicker you are.
TWSS.  Good that we're on the same page Sam.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 01:35:39 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Just that much quicker you are.
Damn that's tempting!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 01:37:44 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Any reviews on the size preference?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 01:47:23 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Any reviews on the size preference?
I couldn't find any difference between the Robusto and Toro, haven't had the Churchill.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: jswaykos on November 13, 2014, 01:47:45 PM
Well, I'm outta here.  Have a great weekend, all!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 01:48:21 PM
Well, I'm outta here.  Have a great weekend, all!
Have a good weekend Joe!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 01:48:45 PM
[...]

Good to know...might snag a box after Christmas if they are still available.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 01:49:28 PM
Well, I'm outta here.  Have a great weekend, all!
take care, Joe!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 01:52:57 PM
[...]

I usually like the Toro size but looking at how they are gauged, i think the churchill would be the way to go.  more filler and roughly the same size wrapper as the toro.  I mention the filler since I like to believe the better cigars are blended to have all the tobacco work together and they tend to use the Toro size for this.  in this blend, the churchill seems to be more the right size as most other toros.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 01:54:09 PM
[...]

Why wait, you have all that storage space now?  You'll want to order a backup box after Christmas once you've tried them.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 01:56:45 PM
[...]

Did someone say hinges?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 01:58:28 PM
[...]

I agree.  I usually go to toro's for that reason.  This one is 6 1/8 x 50 which I consider a pretty standard toro size.  The Churchill is 6 7/8 x 54....and for full informational dump, price is 76.95 or 61.95 VIP
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 02:01:46 PM
[...]

You still don't have that done?  I thought you ordered and installed weeks ago.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 02:03:15 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Wow that's great pricing, worth every cent
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 02:07:12 PM
[...]

Ohh no, I do...just reminiscing ;)
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 02:07:41 PM
[...]

Didn't realize this was the cigar of choice on Stogieguys today....Patrick S say's he's not a fan of San Andres wrapper and still liked it.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 02:09:35 PM
Had a nice little surprise waiting for me this morning, thanks Dave!  Question, though... what are the two, foil wrapped EPCs?  One even says its a Short Run '12 but I was unaware of that vitola...
Left to Right:

Mason-Dixon North
EPC 5th Anniversary
La Paulina Black Label
EPC Medalla d'Oro    (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Medalla d'Platino  (Federal Exclusive)
EPC Generoso (Casa de Montecristo)
EPC (Perez/Carrillo) La Historia
Savinelli Special '05
I really liked the La Historia
Agreed, and very reasonable price (relatively speaking) and a simply beautiful box presentation.
Famous carries them but currently out of stock, good to work the coupon deal there though
$54.95/10 Toro , $50.95 robusto at Atlantic VIP
Wow that's great pricing, worth every cent
Indeed.  I keep on rechecking thinking it must be a typo or something.....but that was the pricing for the three boxes I ordered.  Only negative is that the boxes are a challenge for the humi.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
[...]

I wish Atl had free shipping for VIP members - hate it so much I might wait until I can get a $150 order, or w/e their minimum is.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 02:17:42 PM
[...]

Got feet on it yet?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 02:19:11 PM
Has anybody smoked or heard any reviews about the Norteno?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 02:20:12 PM
[...]

Uhhhh...hummana, hummana, hummana
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 02:20:12 PM
[...]

Yea, it is $150.  They do tend to alter it during the Christmas season (and other times) if I remember.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 02:21:03 PM
[...]

Ha, by now it's so old, if he puts feet on it, it'll walk away...
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 02:23:17 PM
[...]

I agree with the length, but the 50 rg seems a bit small.  I know I've seen 50 rg toros before, but i'm more used to 52/54 rg on a toro.  personal preference i'm sure!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: sfish on November 13, 2014, 02:24:18 PM
Alright men, that's it for me today. See you guys tomorrow for the best day of the week
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 02:25:47 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 02:26:03 PM
Alright men, that's it for me today. See you guys tomorrow for the best day of the week
Later Scott.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 02:26:37 PM
Has anybody smoked or heard any reviews about the Norteno?
No sir, sorry.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 02:30:14 PM
Has anybody smoked or heard any reviews about the Norteno?
As I am not a big fan of Herrera Esteli, I don't have a strong desire to jump at a SA Maduro version for $11+.  I'm sure I'll get around to it, but not making the first cut.  Overall critical reviews have been good, but the general profile description doesn't get me all hot and bothered.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 02:35:43 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Excitement of a new Jam offering?....either that or you had a daydream about Katie Perry.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 02:43:19 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Excitement of a new Jam offering?....either that or you had a daydream about Katie Perry.
probably the 1st explanation.  must have been on the weekend while, um, slightly compromised.   "Hey wow, Dark Horse, never heard of that, lets buy some!"  sheesh...
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 02:52:34 PM

[...]

No feet yet, just sitting on 2x4s. Can't see em with our fluffy carpet
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 03:12:37 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Excitement of a new Jam offering?....either that or you had a daydream about Katie Perry.
probably the 1st explanation.  must have been on the weekend while, um, slightly compromised.   "Hey wow, Dark Horse, never heard of that, lets buy some!"  sheesh...
If I remember correctly, that was a 6 x 60 log?  Not to be confused with the MoW perfecto War Horse....
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 03:14:08 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Excitement of a new Jam offering?....either that or you had a daydream about Katie Perry.
probably the 1st explanation.  must have been on the weekend while, um, slightly compromised.   "Hey wow, Dark Horse, never heard of that, lets buy some!"  sheesh...
If I remember correctly, that was a 6 x 60 log?  Not to be confused with the MoW perfecto War Horse....
While we might make fun of them, I've always enjoyed MoWs and construction has always been solid, so enjoy!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 03:14:20 PM
I'm getting ready to split too.  Took me 2.5 hours to go 60 miles on Tuesday evening.  I can't chance that again.  Going with a GH Corojo Vintage 2002 for the ride.  Later.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 03:14:48 PM
I'm getting ready to split too.  Took me 2.5 hours to go 60 miles on Tuesday evening.  I can't chance that again.  Going with a GH Corojo Vintage 2002 for the ride.  Later.
Peace out Tony!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 03:35:10 PM
Damn, slow Thursday today - getting some wood on the way home to make a few stogie stands this weekend.  4 o'clock can't come soon enough!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Excitement of a new Jam offering?....either that or you had a daydream about Katie Perry.
probably the 1st explanation.  must have been on the weekend while, um, slightly compromised.   "Hey wow, Dark Horse, never heard of that, lets buy some!"  sheesh...
If I remember correctly, that was a 6 x 60 log?  Not to be confused with the MoW perfecto War Horse....
Actually its more corona sized.  4.5 x 44(?)  which makes it even stranger as I don't usually buy coronas.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 03:37:18 PM
I'm getting ready to split too.  Took me 2.5 hours to go 60 miles on Tuesday evening.  I can't chance that again.  Going with a GH Corojo Vintage 2002 for the ride.  Later.
Nice stick!  One of my favorites!  Have a great evening Tony!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 03:38:26 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Excitement of a new Jam offering?....either that or you had a daydream about Katie Perry.
probably the 1st explanation.  must have been on the weekend while, um, slightly compromised.   "Hey wow, Dark Horse, never heard of that, lets buy some!"  sheesh...
If I remember correctly, that was a 6 x 60 log?  Not to be confused with the MoW perfecto War Horse....
While we might make fun of them, I've always enjoyed MoWs and construction has always been solid, so enjoy!
I'm a huge fan of the MOW.  the Ruination, not so much.  but you're right, they usually burn well and do satisfy.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 04:00:23 PM
' Is there anybody......out there?'  Pink Floyd  "The Wall"
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 04:01:07 PM
' Is there anybody......out there?'  Pink Floyd  "The Wall"
I'm here, just sleepy after the Thanksgiving lunch buffet...60 more min of work.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 04:21:02 PM
' Is there anybody......out there?'  Pink Floyd  "The Wall"
I'm here, just sleepy after the Thanksgiving lunch buffet...60 more min of work.
My wife & I are meeting our daughter & SIL for dinner tonight, but it's 2 hrs from where I am right now.  so I guess i'm going to be leaving in 15 or 20 min.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 04:25:43 PM
Damn, slow Thursday today - getting some wood on the way home to make a few stogie stands this weekend.  4 o'clock can't come soon enough!
Christmas presents?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 04:26:21 PM
' Is there anybody......out there?'  Pink Floyd  "The Wall"
I'm here, just sleepy after the Thanksgiving lunch buffet...60 more min of work.
My wife & I are meeting our daughter & SIL for dinner tonight, but it's 2 hrs from where I am right now.  so I guess i'm going to be leaving in 15 or 20 min.
Enjoy your evening Sam.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 04:27:12 PM
' Is there anybody......out there?'  Pink Floyd  "The Wall"
I'm here, just sleepy after the Thanksgiving lunch buffet...60 more min of work.
My wife & I are meeting our daughter & SIL for dinner tonight, but it's 2 hrs from where I am right now.  so I guess i'm going to be leaving in 15 or 20 min.
Dang, that's quite the drive!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 04:27:42 PM
Damn, slow Thursday today - getting some wood on the way home to make a few stogie stands this weekend.  4 o'clock can't come soon enough!
Christmas presents?
Couple for my S&S Secret Santa and then a handful or so to have to include in bombs I send out
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 04:28:36 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Excitement of a new Jam offering?....either that or you had a daydream about Katie Perry.
probably the 1st explanation.  must have been on the weekend while, um, slightly compromised.   "Hey wow, Dark Horse, never heard of that, lets buy some!"  sheesh...
If I remember correctly, that was a 6 x 60 log?  Not to be confused with the MoW perfecto War Horse....
Actually its more corona sized.  4.5 x 44(?)  which makes it even stranger as I don't usually buy coronas.
I remember seeing it and thinking MOWPA.....don't know where I got the idea of big then...
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 04:48:29 PM
I'm drawing a blank here,  would someone tell me why I bought 10 of something called a "Man O War Dark Horse" ?
Alcohol related most likely.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 04:49:46 PM
Afternoon slackers.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 04:52:18 PM
Afternoon slackers.
Whaddup Tex!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 13, 2014, 04:56:42 PM
CG87 out...time to go get some wood! ;)  Have a good night folks!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: ss2 on November 13, 2014, 05:02:18 PM
Ok, headed out and i'm going to try a Dark Horse.

later all!~
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 05:31:18 PM
Ok, headed out and i'm going to try a Dark Horse.

later all!~
Ride it for all it's worth.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 07:49:07 PM
The GH served its purpose.  Not the best stick I ever smoked, heck - not even the best one I smoked today, but definitely worth what I paid for 'em.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 07:51:17 PM
So my eldest daughter started her soccer playoffs today and I had all four kids with me while wifey went to PTA thing.  The bad news is that it was cold and wet and they have another game tomorrow evening.  The good news it's that my baby played most of the game and they won 5-0.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 13, 2014, 07:55:59 PM
So my eldest daughter started her soccer playoffs today and I had all four kids with me while wifey went to PTA thing.  The bad news is that it was cold and wet and they have another game tomorrow evening.  The good news it's that my baby played most of the game and they won 5-0.
Congraulations on the play and the win!
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 08:02:26 PM
So my eldest daughter started her soccer playoffs today and I had all four kids with me while wifey went to PTA thing.  The bad news is that it was cold and wet and they have another game tomorrow evening.  The good news it's that my baby played most of the game and they won 5-0.
Congraulations on the play and the win!
Thanks.  Watcha smoking?
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 08:40:01 PM
Made the mistake of thinking mom-in-law was taking care of dinner.  I guess I should be thankful that she made white rice.  Now I have to figure out what goes with it.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: cannonfodder on November 13, 2014, 09:33:17 PM
Made the mistake of thinking mom-in-law was taking care of dinner.  I guess I should be thankful that she made white rice.  Now I have to figure out what goes with it.
Bourbon and a cigar silly. :o
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: cannonfodder on November 13, 2014, 09:34:42 PM
So my eldest daughter started her soccer playoffs today and I had all four kids with me while wifey went to PTA thing.  The bad news is that it was cold and wet and they have another game tomorrow evening.  The good news it's that my baby played most of the game and they won 5-0.

Nice when it works out that way. The baby of my family turned 15 today. Man I am getting old.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 10:21:47 PM
Made the mistake of thinking mom-in-law was taking care of dinner.  I guess I should be thankful that she made white rice.  Now I have to figure out what goes with it.
Just fried up an egg and threw it on top of the rice.  Everyone seems to like it and it's easy.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 13, 2014, 10:22:51 PM
So my eldest daughter started her soccer playoffs today and I had all four kids with me while wifey went to PTA thing.  The bad news is that it was cold and wet and they have another game tomorrow evening.  The good news it's that my baby played most of the game and they won 5-0.

Nice when it works out that way. The baby of my family turned 15 today. Man I am getting old.
Agreed, you are getting old.
Title: Re: 11/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 13, 2014, 11:28:26 PM
So my eldest daughter started her soccer playoffs today and I had all four kids with me while wifey went to PTA thing.  The bad news is that it was cold and wet and they have another game tomorrow evening.  The good news it's that my baby played most of the game and they won 5-0.

Nice when it works out that way. The baby of my family turned 15 today. Man I am getting old.
Agreed, you are getting old.
For sure.