CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 19, 2018, 12:00:05 AM

Title: 11/19/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on November 19, 2018, 12:00:05 AM
Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 19, 2018, 06:22:21 AM
good morning and Happy Monday.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 06:27:33 AM
good morning and Happy Monday.
And with your spirit.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 19, 2018, 06:56:39 AM
good morning and Happy Monday.
And with your spirit.
Amen.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 06:56:55 AM
Lulling...
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 07:14:10 AM
Morning Dean and Tony.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 07:14:37 AM
It is a good Monday for a change, off all week!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 07:25:27 AM
Today is Monday, Nov. 19, the 323rd day of 2018. There are 42 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Nov. 19, 1863, President Abraham Lincoln dedicated a national cemetery at the site of the Civil War battlefield of Gettysburg in Pennsylvania.

On this date:
In 1831, the 20th president of the United States, James Garfield, was born in Orange Township, Ohio.
In 1919, the Senate rejected the Treaty of Versailles by a vote of 55 in favor, 39 against, short of the two-thirds majority needed for ratification.
In 1942, during World War II, Russian forces launched their winter offensive against the Germans along the Don front.
In 1959, Ford Motor Co. announced it was halting production of the unpopular Edsel.
In 1969, Apollo 12 astronauts Charles Conrad and Alan Bean made the second manned landing on the moon.
In 1977, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat became the first Arab leader to visit Israel.
In 1985, President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev met for the first time as they began their summit in Geneva.
In 1990, the pop duo Milli Vanilli were stripped of their Grammy Award because other singers had lent their voices to the "Girl You Know It's True" album.
In 1995, Polish President Lech Walesa was defeated in his bid for re-election.
In 1997, Iowa seamstress Bobbi McCaughey gave birth to the world’s first set of surviving septuplets, four boys and three girls.
In 2004, in one of the worst brawls in U.S. sports history, Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson of the Indiana Pacers charged into the stands and fought with Detroit Pistons fans, forcing officials to end the Pacers' 97-82 win with 45.9 seconds left.
In 2007, Amazon.com released its first Kindle e-book reader.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 07:26:34 AM
Ten years ago: Al-Qaida’s No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, slurred Barack Obama as a black American who does the bidding of whites in a new Web message intended to dent the president-elect’s popularity among Arabs and Muslims. The Dow Jones industrial average closed under 8,000 at 7,997.28 — the lowest close since March 2003. Drama and dance critic Clive Barnes died in New York at age 81.

Five years ago: Suicide bombers struck the Iranian Embassy in Beirut, killing 23 people, including a diplomat, and injuring more than 140 others. Virginia state Sen. Creigh Deeds was attacked and stabbed multiple times by his mentally ill adult son, Gus Deeds, who then took his own life. Diane Disney Miller, 79, daughter of Walt Disney and one of his inspirations for building the Disneyland theme park, died in Napa, California. The Disney animated feature “Frozen” had its Hollywood premiere.

One year ago: Charles Manson, the hippie cult leader behind the gruesome murders of actress Sharon Tate and six others in Los Angeles in 1969, died in a California hospital at the age of 83 after nearly a half-century in prison. In an announcement that would trigger impeachment proceedings, Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe defied calls to quit and said he would preside over a ruling party congress in December. State media and a monitoring group in Syria reported that pro-government forces had defeated the Islamic State group in its last major stronghold in the country. Longtime country music star Mel Tillis died in Florida at the age of 85. Actress and singer Della Reese died at 86 in her Los Angeles area home.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 07:26:57 AM
Thought for Today: “The misfortunes hardest to bear are these which never came.” — Christopher Morley, American author and journalist (1890-1957).
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 19, 2018, 07:27:38 AM
Morning Dean and Tony.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 19, 2018, 07:27:55 AM
It is a good Monday for a change, off all week!
me too.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 08:06:39 AM
good morning and Happy Monday.
And with your spirit.
Consubstantially so.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 08:07:22 AM
It is a good Monday for a change, off all week!
Good For You!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 08:09:01 AM
Thought for Today: “The misfortunes hardest to bear are these which never came.” — Christopher Morley, American author and journalist (1890-1957).
Huh?
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 08:10:26 AM
Good morning Dean, Dave, and Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 08:12:41 AM
Oof.
https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/2018-11-18-thanksgiving-day-record-cold-northeast/ (https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/2018-11-18-thanksgiving-day-record-cold-northeast/)
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 19, 2018, 08:24:57 AM
Good morning Dean, Dave, and Mr. Mayor.
good morning Mark.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 08:38:28 AM
It is a good Monday for a change, off all week!
That sounds nice. Baby sitting?
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 08:39:50 AM
It is a good Monday for a change, off all week!
Good For You!
Read between the lines?

Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 08:42:34 AM
Thought for Today: “The misfortunes hardest to bear are these which never came.” — Christopher Morley, American author and journalist (1890-1957).
Huh?
This one confounded me too. I read it twice, my head began hurting, and I went on to the next post.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 08:49:04 AM
It is a good Monday for a change, off all week!
Nice, drove right by your house yesterday. You're just a few minutes from that 31/295 intersection as I remember?
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 08:50:29 AM
Thought for Today: “The misfortunes hardest to bear are these which never came.” — Christopher Morley, American author and journalist (1890-1957).
Huh?
This one confounded me too. I read it twice, my head began hurting, and I went on to the next post.
I hear ya there, I think he's eluding to worry? He can GFH!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 09:05:05 AM
Thought for Today: “The misfortunes hardest to bear are these which never came.” — Christopher Morley, American author and journalist (1890-1957).
Huh?
This one confounded me too. I read it twice, my head began hurting, and I went on to the next post.
I hear ya there, I think he's eluding to worry? He can GFH!
Good morning, Scott. How's the kitchen coming along? No pics?
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 09:12:15 AM
Thought for Today: “The misfortunes hardest to bear are these which never came.” — Christopher Morley, American author and journalist (1890-1957).
Huh?
This one confounded me too. I read it twice, my head began hurting, and I went on to the next post.
I hear ya there, I think he's eluding to worry? He can GFH!
Good morning, Scott. How's the kitchen coming along? No pics?
Morning Tony, kitchen is probably 90% (crown is done). I'll see what pics I have
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 09:13:15 AM
Thought for Today: “The misfortunes hardest to bear are these which never came.” — Christopher Morley, American author and journalist (1890-1957).
Huh?
This one confounded me too. I read it twice, my head began hurting, and I went on to the next post.
I hear ya there, I think he's eluding to worry? He can GFH!
Good morning, Scott. How's the kitchen coming along? No pics?
Morning Tony, kitchen is probably 90% (crown is done). I'll see what pics I have
Meeting the painter today, will paint most of the interior of the house the week of 12/10
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 09:21:42 AM
Some more pics, another ship lap wall and crown added
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 09:22:24 AM
cont...
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 09:38:31 AM
Very nice, Scott. About time for me to refresh paint in the entire house too. I'll wind up doing it myself on the weekends because I get too aggravated by shoddy workmanship when I have to pay for it.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: razgueado on November 19, 2018, 09:59:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 10:21:59 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: razgueado on November 19, 2018, 10:25:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz.
Buenos dias, Señor Alcalde.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 10:26:28 AM
Very nice, Scott. About time for me to refresh paint in the entire house too. I'll wind up doing it myself on the weekends because I get too aggravated by shoddy workmanship when I have to pay for it.
I hear you there, I'm lucky to have a great crew of subs that I've worked with for decades so when I pay at least I get it the way I want it
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 10:37:05 AM
Very nice, Scott. About time for me to refresh paint in the entire house too. I'll wind up doing it myself on the weekends because I get too aggravated by shoddy workmanship when I have to pay for it.
I hear you there, I'm lucky to have a great crew of subs that I've worked with for decades so when I pay at least I get it the way I want it
That's a great thing. I see some of my friends that hire painters and then my wife and I spend the entire ride home criticizing the crappy taping, spackling, masking, etc. And they paid what for that? Heeeeeeeeell no!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 10:40:35 AM
Very nice, Scott. About time for me to refresh paint in the entire house too. I'll wind up doing it myself on the weekends because I get too aggravated by shoddy workmanship when I have to pay for it.
I hear you there, I'm lucky to have a great crew of subs that I've worked with for decades so when I pay at least I get it the way I want it
That's a great thing. I see some of my friends that hire painters and then my wife and I spend the entire ride home criticizing the crappy taping, spackling, masking, etc. And they paid what for that? Heeeeeeeeell no!
Ahh, I do my own taping and spackling so I guess that helps. Painters aren't tapers
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 19, 2018, 10:50:18 AM
nice job Scott.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 19, 2018, 10:50:51 AM
morning Scott and Brett.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 10:53:57 AM
Very nice, Scott. About time for me to refresh paint in the entire house too. I'll wind up doing it myself on the weekends because I get too aggravated by shoddy workmanship when I have to pay for it.
I hear you there, I'm lucky to have a great crew of subs that I've worked with for decades so when I pay at least I get it the way I want it
That's a great thing. I see some of my friends that hire painters and then my wife and I spend the entire ride home criticizing the crappy taping, spackling, masking, etc. And they paid what for that? Heeeeeeeeell no!
Ahh, I do my own taping and spackling so I guess that helps. Painters aren't tapers
My late father-in-law was a master in all of that. He's been gone for 15 years and the walls and ceilings in my m-i-l's place are still spectacular.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 11:08:41 AM
nice job Scott.
Morning Dean, thank you
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 11:11:01 AM
Very nice, Scott. About time for me to refresh paint in the entire house too. I'll wind up doing it myself on the weekends because I get too aggravated by shoddy workmanship when I have to pay for it.
I hear you there, I'm lucky to have a great crew of subs that I've worked with for decades so when I pay at least I get it the way I want it
That's a great thing. I see some of my friends that hire painters and then my wife and I spend the entire ride home criticizing the crappy taping, spackling, masking, etc. And they paid what for that? Heeeeeeeeell no!
Ahh, I do my own taping and spackling so I guess that helps. Painters aren't tapers
My late father-in-law was a master in all of that. He's been gone for 15 years and the walls and ceilings in my m-i-l's place are still spectacular.
We used a guy who spackled his entire life, he was unbelievable at it and I learned whatever I know from watching him. He never moved fast and next thing you know you'd look around and the whole place was taped
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 11:21:23 AM
It is a good Monday for a change, off all week!
Nice, drove right by your house yesterday. You're just a few minutes from that 31/295 intersection as I remember?
That is correct sir.  Should have stopped by for a cigar!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 11:22:15 AM
cont...
Like that shiplap!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 11:22:54 AM
Very nice, Scott. About time for me to refresh paint in the entire house too. I'll wind up doing it myself on the weekends because I get too aggravated by shoddy workmanship when I have to pay for it.
I need to paint as well, but waiting for the homewreckers to move out.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 11:24:26 AM
All caught up.  Time for a liquor run.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: sfish on November 19, 2018, 01:27:27 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 02:37:52 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 02:38:11 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz and Fishy.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on November 19, 2018, 03:10:34 PM
All caught up.  Time for a liquor run.
What libations do you serve for Thanksgiving?  For a while was going with Beaujolais Nouveau, or
a sparkling white wine.   may have to make a run soon, wife seems determined to drink all the good stuff
in the house, before any company arrives.  Last week she opened a bottle of sparkling wine to go with leftovers,
and offered me some, since the bottle was open!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 03:20:24 PM
All caught up.  Time for a liquor run.
What libations do you serve for Thanksgiving?  For a while was going with Beaujolais Nouveau, or
a sparkling white wine.   may have to make a run soon, wife seems determined to drink all the good stuff
in the house, before any company arrives.  Last week she opened a bottle of sparkling wine to go with leftovers,
and offered me some, since the bottle was open!
I'm not big on the bubbly. I might go with a dry rosé instead.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on November 19, 2018, 03:27:00 PM
All caught up.  Time for a liquor run.
What libations do you serve for Thanksgiving?  For a while was going with Beaujolais Nouveau, or
a sparkling white wine.   may have to make a run soon, wife seems determined to drink all the good stuff
in the house, before any company arrives.  Last week she opened a bottle of sparkling wine to go with leftovers,
and offered me some, since the bottle was open!
I'm not big on the bubbly. I might go with a dry rosé instead.
Not a bad choice, for the turkey course....
I hear that we are skipping the lasagna and soup courses this year, spent over a hundred at Corrado's for
hot sopressata, aged provolone, almond stuffed olives and proscuitto stuffed hot peppers.  Got some olive salad,
marinated sliced mushrooms, and a green olive salad.  so we will have a solid antipasto, before the turkey dinner.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 04:00:26 PM
All caught up.  Time for a liquor run.
What libations do you serve for Thanksgiving?  For a while was going with Beaujolais Nouveau, or
a sparkling white wine.   may have to make a run soon, wife seems determined to drink all the good stuff
in the house, before any company arrives.  Last week she opened a bottle of sparkling wine to go with leftovers,
and offered me some, since the bottle was open!
I'm not big on the bubbly. I might go with a dry rosé instead.
Not a bad choice, for the turkey course....
I hear that we are skipping the lasagna and soup courses this year, spent over a hundred at Corrado's for
hot sopressata, aged provolone, almond stuffed olives and proscuitto stuffed hot peppers.  Got some olive salad,
marinated sliced mushrooms, and a green olive salad.  so we will have a solid antipasto, before the turkey dinner.
Just for starters?  Dang, count me in!
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 04:01:14 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
So, what'd you get?  We need to determine if the lull was justified.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 04:31:03 PM
All caught up.  Time for a liquor run.
What libations do you serve for Thanksgiving?  For a while was going with Beaujolais Nouveau, or
a sparkling white wine.   may have to make a run soon, wife seems determined to drink all the good stuff
in the house, before any company arrives.  Last week she opened a bottle of sparkling wine to go with leftovers,
and offered me some, since the bottle was open!
I'm not big on the bubbly. I might go with a dry rosé instead.
Not a bad choice, for the turkey course....
I hear that we are skipping the lasagna and soup courses this year, spent over a hundred at Corrado's for
hot sopressata, aged provolone, almond stuffed olives and proscuitto stuffed hot peppers.  Got some olive salad,
marinated sliced mushrooms, and a green olive salad.  so we will have a solid antipasto, before the turkey dinner.
We always skipped the "Italian" stuff for Thanksgiving. Already too much food with just the turkey and fixins.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 04:31:31 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
So, what'd you get?  We need to determine if the lull was justified.
Agreed.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 04:45:25 PM
In the man cave with a CCA and coffee.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on November 19, 2018, 05:12:30 PM
[...]
Of course, the fresh mozzarella won't be purchased till Wednesday, that will go with roasted peppers,
bought some eggplant caponato, as well.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on November 19, 2018, 05:13:28 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
So, what'd you get?  We need to determine if the lull was justified.
Wild turkey would be seasonal, wouldn't it?
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 05:24:26 PM
A perfect gift from SBC

Thanksgiving Gift Card Special!

Starting now we have five great specials involving a discount and a gift card! Each tier is connected to a minimum and gift card $ amount. All tiers include 10% off plus 5% reward points! Please allow me 24 hours from the completion of the order to issue the gift card. These will come via email and can be used at anytime once issued!

CODE: GC10 = 10% + 5% reward points plus $10 SBC Gift Card on orders $100+

CODE: GC25 = 10% + 5% reward points plus a $25 SBC Gift Card on orders $150+

CODE: GC50 = 10% + 5% reward points plus a $50 SBC Gift Card on orders $250+

CODE: GC100 = 10% + 5% reward points plus a $100 SBC Gift Card on orders $450+

CODE: GC250 = 10% + 5% reward points plus a $250 SBC Gift Card on orders $1000+
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 05:28:01 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
So, what'd you get?  We need to determine if the lull was justified.
Wild turkey would be seasonal, wouldn't it?
Just wines and beers.  That's the extent of my Thanksgiving cooking.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 05:28:11 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
So, what'd you get?  We need to determine if the lull was justified.
Wild turkey would be seasonal, wouldn't it?
I suspect part of the purchase is pumpkin-pie-with-whipped-cream flavored "beer".
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 05:28:42 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
So, what'd you get?  We need to determine if the lull was justified.
Wild turkey would be seasonal, wouldn't it?
Just wines and beers.  That's the extent of my Thanksgiving cooking.
Beer being a very loosely applied term.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 05:29:11 PM
All caught up.  Time for a liquor run.
What libations do you serve for Thanksgiving?  For a while was going with Beaujolais Nouveau, or
a sparkling white wine.   may have to make a run soon, wife seems determined to drink all the good stuff
in the house, before any company arrives.  Last week she opened a bottle of sparkling wine to go with leftovers,
and offered me some, since the bottle was open!
Prosecco, Cabs, Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 05:30:05 PM
Liquor lull, Dave's fault
Most likely.
So, what'd you get?  We need to determine if the lull was justified.
Wild turkey would be seasonal, wouldn't it?
Just wines and beers.  That's the extent of my Thanksgiving cooking.
Beer being a very loosely applied term.
Pretty standard, Sam Winter, White Christmas and Corona Lite.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 09:21:05 PM
Beer lull?
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 10:11:32 PM
Beer lull?
I'm still pondering the Corona Lite.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 19, 2018, 10:26:23 PM
Beer lull?
I'm still pondering the Corona Lite.
My father requested that...I dont ask.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 19, 2018, 10:28:15 PM
Beer lull?
I'm still pondering the Corona Lite.
My father requested that...I dont ask.
Maybe he wasn't in the mood for beer and wanted a soft drink instead.
Title: Re: 11/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 19, 2018, 10:35:09 PM
Beer lull?
I'm still pondering the Corona Lite.
My father requested that...I dont ask.
Maybe he wasn't in the mood for beer and wanted a soft drink instead.
At his age he can have whatever the hell he wants.