CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: 6/27/2014  (Read 71650 times)

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #420 on: June 27, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »

He's using the fish post counter.

1/2 18.
Wenglish random number generator app?

Nope.  We're on page 9, which is 1/2 of 18.
We're on page 28.  Where you seeing 9, Oy jr?

The people who have 50 posts per page are on page 9.  Sheesh.  Dean knows what I'm talking about.
Sounds to me like 50 posts is not the default setting, as I haven't messed with that feature.  So GFY, it's 28!

Keep using the little girl 15 post setting, no skin off my nose. 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #421 on: June 27, 2014, 10:35:04 PM »

Good Evening...

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #422 on: June 27, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »

Salazar Maduros, one of my favorites.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #423 on: June 27, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »

Salazar Maduros, one of my favorites.

I think the naturals age a little bit better, but they're both very good cigars.  Killer value, too. 

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #424 on: June 27, 2014, 10:40:10 PM »

Will, any final thoughts on the cubao maduro?

Threebean

« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »

Well this little girl is getting harangued by the furball for a walk, so adios, mofos.

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »

Toasting a Tat 10th Anny and watching the Reds vs Giants ...

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #427 on: June 27, 2014, 10:43:57 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Never say never; http://www.scoopadventures.com/gin-tonic-ice-cream/
Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.

Indeed.  Can't trust people who drink straight up gin.  Eat gin and tonic ice cream though?  No problem.
I have a friend who is 93 years old. Every time he comes over I serve him gin on the rocks.  Has to be Beefeaters, though. Tanqueray is for pussies, or so he says.  I prefer the Tanqueray , so I bring out that bottle just to piss him off.

He's been drinking that way for years, so there you go.
I love an Iced cold(out of the freezer) Bombay Sapphire straight up with 3 large olives. Nothing like it, IMHO. And please, no Vermouth.
I have to try that ! , sounds great ! .

You know, you really do deserve it. So go ahead.

Maybe the 93 year old guy drinks gin for arthritis.  I've often heard of older people making gin soaked raisin (white raisins soaked in gin), in which they would eat a few each day for arthritis.  I believe the gin has to contain the juniper berry.  I've also ran into allot of the old guys that swear by Beefeaters.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2014, 10:47:25 PM »

Having an Oliva Saison along with a little whiskey...

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2014, 10:50:50 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.

Indeed.  Can't trust people who drink straight up gin.  Eat gin and tonic ice cream though?  No problem.
I have a friend who is 93 years old. Every time he comes over I serve him gin on the rocks.  Has to be Beefeaters, though. Tanqueray is for pussies, or so he says.  I prefer the Tanqueray , so I bring out that bottle just to piss him off.

I love an Iced cold(out of the freezer) Bombay Sapphire straight up with 3 large olives. Nothing like it, IMHO. And please, no Vermouth.

Maybe the 93 year old guy drinks gin for arthritis.  I've often heard of older people making gin soaked raisin (white raisins soaked in gin), in which they would eat a few each day for arthritis.  I believe the gin has to contain the juniper berry.  I've also ran into allot of the old guys that swear by Beefeaters.
Beefeaters was my go to until I tried the Bambay Sapphire.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »

Well this little girl is getting harangued by the furball for a walk, so adios, mofos.

Will, any final thoughts on the cubao maduro?

Still plenty of cigar left, actually.  I smoke slowly and it has a pretty decent burn rate, unlike the Cubao Churchills (every batch of that vitola I had was underfilled, so I stopped getting them).  Just a bit passed the middway point.

No touchups, moderate amount of smoke.  Overall sticking with the creamier presentation.  Earthy/coffee/cocoa, a little dry/leathery, mixing in some cedar accents and a small amount of pepper on the back of the throat.  At times it is semi-sweet, other times unsweetened/slightly bitter. 

With 4-5 years of age on it, I like it.  Not my favorite.  I'd have to back to back it with a Jamie Garcia to see if I preferred one Pepin broadleaf over the other, I guess.  Mostly, I'd say that the two sticks are different and maybe in 3 years I'll think differently about a JG that has the same age on it.  For the $85 a box Famous has them going for, assuming they're the same quality construction/tobacco, sure, worth a gander. 

I don't know when those boxes are from though.  My newer batches of 601 Blues (from 2012, so not really new), right after they switched to the blue and orange labels after the baby blue ones, are nowhere near the same quality as the original release 601 Blues.  Wrapper shade is all over the place, clearly a lower priming (some of them are pretty rough and are barely Colorado, much less the dark maduro of the original release) and burn/flavor left something to be desired.  So who knows other than CB's fault.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2014, 10:58:05 PM »

Beefeaters was my go to until I tried the Bambay Sapphire.
I like Tanqueray, but recently at a wedding I had a dirty martini made with Beefeaters, and it was excellent...!!

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »

Evening BD, haven't smoked a Saison yet. KC was kind enough to send a few my way last week.  Looking forward to firing one uP.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »

Evening BD, haven't smoked a Saison yet. KC was kind enough to send a few my way last week.  Looking forward to firing one uP.

Haven't tried them yet, too, though response seems positive from just about everyone.  Except Oy-Dave, of course.

TruDog

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • ...WooF...
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »

Haven't tried them yet, too, though response seems positive from just about everyone.  Except Oy-Dave, of course.
...WhO?.........
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30