CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: 6/27/2014  (Read 72407 times)

Threebean

Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.
Evening bean!  Ambos Mundos Hababo # 1 Robusto fired up here.
Excellent smoke. Generally not a big Tat fan, but do enjoy that one.

EA

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Ya' know what this guitar needs? Lessons.
« Reply #391 on: June 27, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Never say never; http://www.scoopadventures.com/gin-tonic-ice-cream/
Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.

dogdays

« Reply #392 on: June 27, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »

Evening bean!  Ambos Mundos Hababo # 1 Robusto fired up here.
Good evening KC , nice smoke one of my favs .

Threebean

« Reply #393 on: June 27, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »

Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.
However, there are plenty of boozes which are great poured over ice cream.  Or so I hear.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #394 on: June 27, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »

Indeed.  Can't trust people who drink straight up gin.  Eat gin and tonic ice cream though?  No problem.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #395 on: June 27, 2014, 09:44:34 PM »

Cubao Maduro Churchill.  Way back from the long, long ago. 

I actually don't remember when I got these--it was before I marked when I got cigars--but, IIRC, the Cubao Maduro was released in 09 and these are early release ones.  Original EO markings, labels, cello is brown now, etc.  I do remember these were a big disappointment when I got them.  Tough to keep burning, damn bitter at times, blah blah blah.  Few years nap turned that around, though it's still a bit of an odd duck within the EO/Pepin portfolio, imo.

Anywho, thick wrapper, kinda coarse, solid roll.  Aroma is cocoa and cedar, maybe a hint of licorice at the foot.  Punch reveals a nice draw, slight resistance.  Noticeable red pepper (or hot/tingly) the lips/tip of the tongue with the cold draw still.  Easy light. 

First puffs have that tip of the tongue "hot" pepper, along with a earthy/coffee/leathery medium-full body.  Toss in some cedar accents and some back of the throat pepper.  Finish is a bit chalky with lingering cocoa.  Only just slightly sweet, not too dry. 

But its already changing up, not as much hot pepper and getting more of a creamy cocoa presentation, less pepper and a little sweeter, just a hint of cherry tobacco in there, too.  Meanwhile, the finish gets that heavy, smothering earthy/peppery broadleaf note. 

Threebean

« Reply #396 on: June 27, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

Indeed.  Can't trust people who drink straight up gin.  Eat gin and tonic ice cream though?  No problem.
I have a friend who is 93 years old. Every time he comes over I serve him gin on the rocks.  Has to be Beefeaters, though. Tanqueray is for pussies, or so he says.  I prefer the Tanqueray , so I bring out that bottle just to piss him off.

He's been drinking that way for years, so there you go.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #397 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »

(PW)

EA

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #398 on: June 27, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »

Exactly. Like having Mimosas for breakfast. It's not like you're just having champagne. There's juice, too.

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #399 on: June 27, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »

Cubao Maduro Churchill.  Way back from the long, long ago. 

I actually don't remember when I got these--it was before I marked when I got cigars--but, IIRC, the Cubao Maduro was released in 09 and these are early release ones.  Original EO markings, labels, cello is brown now, etc.  I do remember these were a big disappointment when I got them.  Tough to keep burning, damn bitter at times, blah blah blah.  Few years nap turned that around, though it's still a bit of an odd duck within the EO/Pepin portfolio, imo.

Anywho, thick wrapper, kinda coarse, solid roll.  Aroma is cocoa and cedar, maybe a hint of licorice at the foot.  Punch reveals a nice draw, slight resistance.  Noticeable red pepper (or hot/tingly) the lips/tip of the tongue with the cold draw still.  Easy light. 

First puffs have that tip of the tongue "hot" pepper, along with a earthy/coffee/leathery medium-full body.  Toss in some cedar accents and some back of the throat pepper.  Finish is a bit chalky with lingering cocoa.  Only just slightly sweet, not too dry. 

But its already changing up, not as much hot pepper and getting more of a creamy cocoa presentation, less pepper and a little sweeter, just a hint of cherry tobacco in there, too.  Meanwhile, the finish gets that heavy, smothering earthy/peppery broadleaf note.
I figure these will be an old batch too, Famous aging them for me. Heard a lot of bad comments when they first came out, also.

EA

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #400 on: June 27, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »

I have a friend who is 93 years old. Every time he comes over I serve him gin on the rocks.  Has to be Beefeaters, though. Tanqueray is for pussies, or so he says.  I prefer the Tanqueray , so I bring out that bottle just to piss him off.

I love pissing off the old folks - always have. Of course, I love pissing off everybody - gets the blood flowing.

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #401 on: June 27, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »

I love an Iced cold(out of the freezer) Bombay Sapphire straight up with 3 large olives. Nothing like it, IMHO. And please, no Vermouth.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #402 on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »

Ahhh. Home. Got me a diNk. Waiting for dinner.

dogdays

« Reply #403 on: June 27, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »

I love an Iced cold(out of the freezer) Bombay Sapphire straight up with 3 large olives. Nothing like it, IMHO. And please, no Vermouth.
I have to try that ! , sounds great ! .

dogdays

« Reply #404 on: June 27, 2014, 09:57:22 PM »

Ahhh. Home. Got me a diNk. Waiting for dinner.
What are you having , or dinking ? .
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30