Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.
Evening bean!  Ambos Mundos Hababo # 1 Robusto fired up here.
Excellent smoke. Generally not a big Tat fan, but do enjoy that one.
Logged

EA

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Ya' know what this guitar needs? Lessons.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #391 on: June 27, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Never say never; http://www.scoopadventures.com/gin-tonic-ice-cream/
Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #392 on: June 27, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.
Evening bean!  Ambos Mundos Hababo # 1 Robusto fired up here.
Good evening KC , nice smoke one of my favs .

« Reply #393 on: June 27, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Never say never; http://www.scoopadventures.com/gin-tonic-ice-cream/
Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.
However, there are plenty of boozes which are great poured over ice cream.  Or so I hear.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #394 on: June 27, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Never say never; http://www.scoopadventures.com/gin-tonic-ice-cream/
Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.

Indeed.  Can't trust people who drink straight up gin.  Eat gin and tonic ice cream though?  No problem.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #395 on: June 27, 2014, 09:44:34 PM »

Cubao Maduro Churchill.  Way back from the long, long ago.

I actually don't remember when I got these--it was before I marked when I got cigars--but, IIRC, the Cubao Maduro was released in 09 and these are early release ones.  Original EO markings, labels, cello is brown now, etc.  I do remember these were a big disappointment when I got them.  Tough to keep burning, damn bitter at times, blah blah blah.  Few years nap turned that around, though it's still a bit of an odd duck within the EO/Pepin portfolio, imo.

Anywho, thick wrapper, kinda coarse, solid roll.  Aroma is cocoa and cedar, maybe a hint of licorice at the foot.  Punch reveals a nice draw, slight resistance.  Noticeable red pepper (or hot/tingly) the lips/tip of the tongue with the cold draw still.  Easy light.

First puffs have that tip of the tongue "hot" pepper, along with a earthy/coffee/leathery medium-full body.  Toss in some cedar accents and some back of the throat pepper.  Finish is a bit chalky with lingering cocoa.  Only just slightly sweet, not too dry.

But its already changing up, not as much hot pepper and getting more of a creamy cocoa presentation, less pepper and a little sweeter, just a hint of cherry tobacco in there, too.  Meanwhile, the finish gets that heavy, smothering earthy/peppery broadleaf note.

« Reply #396 on: June 27, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Never say never; http://www.scoopadventures.com/gin-tonic-ice-cream/
Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.

Indeed.  Can't trust people who drink straight up gin.  Eat gin and tonic ice cream though?  No problem.
I have a friend who is 93 years old. Every time he comes over I serve him gin on the rocks.  Has to be Beefeaters, though. Tanqueray is for pussies, or so he says.  I prefer the Tanqueray , so I bring out that bottle just to piss him off.

He's been drinking that way for years, so there you go.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #397 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »

(PW)

Logged

EA

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Ya' know what this guitar needs? Lessons.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #398 on: June 27, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »

Happy Friday evening, gents.  Ice cream sounds good, but not sure it would pair well with this gin and tonic.

Never say never; http://www.scoopadventures.com/gin-tonic-ice-cream/
Holy crap, bet that's delicious.  But you gotta be one motivated mofo to do that recipe from start to finish.  I'm way too lazy.

It's probably a good sign that you're not willing to turn every alcoholic drink into dessert. On the other hand, you are drinking a gin & tonic - it's not like it's straight gin.

Indeed.  Can't trust people who drink straight up gin.  Eat gin and tonic ice cream though?  No problem.

Exactly. Like having Mimosas for breakfast. It's not like you're just having champagne. There's juice, too.
Logged

tcarblu

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #399 on: June 27, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »

[...]

I figure these will be an old batch too, Famous aging them for me. Heard a lot of bad comments when they first came out, also.
Logged

EA

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Ya' know what this guitar needs? Lessons.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #400 on: June 27, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »

[...]

I love pissing off the old folks - always have. Of course, I love pissing off everybody - gets the blood flowing.
Logged

tcarblu

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #401 on: June 27, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »

[...]

I love an Iced cold(out of the freezer) Bombay Sapphire straight up with 3 large olives. Nothing like it, IMHO. And please, no Vermouth.

« Reply #402 on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »

Ahhh. Home. Got me a diNk. Waiting for dinner.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #403 on: June 27, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »

[...]

I have to try that ! , sounds great ! .
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #404 on: June 27, 2014, 09:57:22 PM »

Ahhh. Home. Got me a diNk. Waiting for dinner.
What are you having , or dinking ? .
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30