« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

In order to change up some of the rotation and better encourage Op: Smokedown, I came up with a new strategy for picking these random middle of the day smokes.  Partially because I have a ton of cigars I'll never smoke because they're too buried/other cigars are easier to get to and partially because I prefer those other cigars.  So using random.org's random number generator, I have it generate a line and column to match the spreadsheet and pick the smoke.

Obviously that can't be used all the time--picking a double corona when I only have an hour would be a waste.

Test results, to see how it would work, showed a 5x42 Unbanded corona (presumably bundle, it wasn't a mystery smoke sent my way), a JL Salazar Churchill, and an Oliva V.  So 1 out of 3 being something I wouldn't be likely to grab.  Seems good enough.

In practice for today?  First pick was an Upmann Millonario Churchill.  Second was a Legado de Pepin toro and third was a LGC Rabito.  Again, not too shabby for a random grab from the spreadsheet.

Think I'l follow its pick for #1.
You should use cigar geeks to keep your inventory, they have a 'pick a cigar for me' button.

Far too much work to add everything in there.  I have a functioning spreadsheet.  If it could import an excel file and parse it, sure, but I'm not clicking through a couple hundred entries.
Fair enough. I remember setting it up originally, and it took awhile to get everything in there, and I don't have nearly the inventory you do.

The last few Famous purchases reset my progress.  Back over 1900 again. One of these days.
I don't know that I've owned that many the entire time I've been smoking.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2014, 12:34:26 PM »

1900 cigars! Damn Will!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36:04 PM »

Anywho, Upmann Millonario churchill.  Tony's favorite cigar.   Real collector's item.  Very nice US Connie wrapper.

The Cameroon binder is noticeable from the pre-light aroma and cold draw.  Easy light and right off the bat, a mild but rich creamy smoke with an easy going white pepper, slightly sweet and woody.  Retro is sweet and nutty.  Very easy going and flavorful.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »

Not having to pay for kids goes a long ways towards having as many cigars as your conscience can support.

Edit:  And a warden.  I don't have to remind anyone to turn off the lights or to not spend a bunch of money on stupid shit.  I get to spend money on stupid shit.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2014, 12:41:14 PM »

BD, how did it go the other day with your buddy?
He could only stay for a couple of hours.  We had a few Coor's Silver Bullets, and he was actually on his good behavior for once.  My wife came out later and asked where he was.  From the way she was dressed, I think I'll have to start watching her too..  ;)
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

Magic bullet,  ain't that a sex toy?
I don't think you want to stick anything into that Magic Bullet, otherwise you may be getting the disappearing act...!!!

« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »

Sorry, Fred... but good afternoon to ya. Skies are clearing here, but who knows for how long. On and off all week.
according to the weather gal, glorious weather here for the next week.
So now we're believing weather people now?!?
I don't believe the weather people, but I do believe the weather on my smart phone, cuz it's smart..!
I think my phone is smart-ass.

« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2014, 12:48:35 PM »

[...]

Jayzus.  I'm not sure how many I have, but I know it ain't anywhere near that many.

« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »

Magic bullet,  ain't that a sex toy?
no, it's also know as the nutribullet, countertop vegetable/fruit blender type thingy
oh ok, I don't know what I was thinking.
The Magic Egg, perhaps?

« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2014, 12:50:24 PM »

[...]

Damn, I just wish I had a $1 for every cigar you have.. :)
But then you'd only be able to buy a portion of what he has, I'm sure.  I think I want $4 for every cigar he has.

« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »

Not having to pay for kids goes a long ways towards having as many cigars as your conscience can support.

Edit:  And a warden.  I don't have to remind anyone to turn off the lights or to not spend a bunch of money on stupid shit.  I get to spend money on stupid shit.
Reminding people to turn off lights and not to spend a bunch of money on stupid shit...wouldn't that make you a warden?  I'm confoozed.  :o
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

[...]

Shit, I'd like $4 for every cigar I had.

« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2014, 12:54:09 PM »

Not having to pay for kids goes a long ways towards having as many cigars as your conscience can support.

Edit:  And a warden.  I don't have to remind anyone to turn off the lights or to not spend a bunch of money on stupid shit.  I get to spend money on stupid shit.
Wise words indeed.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »

Magic bullet,  ain't that a sex toy?
GiddyUp!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »

Magic bullet,  ain't that a sex toy?
no, it's also know as the nutribullet, countertop vegetable/fruit blender type thingy
oh ok, I don't know what I was thinking.
The Magic Egg, perhaps?
Remote controlled Magic Egg....!  Be the life of the party...!