CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: 6/27/2014  (Read 72449 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »

Gotta go install some software and configure on some computers.  Back in a while.  Don't nobody do nuthin' I wouldn't do.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »

Happy Frick'in Friday Fellows...!
Hey BD
Good morning Fred....  I hope everything is ok on your end..!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2014, 12:07:37 PM »

In order to change up some of the rotation and better encourage Op: Smokedown, I came up with a new strategy for picking these random middle of the day smokes.  Partially because I have a ton of cigars I'll never smoke because they're too buried/other cigars are easier to get to and partially because I prefer those other cigars.  So using random.org's random number generator, I have it generate a line and column to match the spreadsheet and pick the smoke.

Obviously that can't be used all the time--picking a double corona when I only have an hour would be a waste. 

Test results, to see how it would work, showed a 5x42 Unbanded corona (presumably bundle, it wasn't a mystery smoke sent my way), a JL Salazar Churchill, and an Oliva V.  So 1 out of 3 being something I wouldn't be likely to grab.  Seems good enough.

In practice for today?  First pick was an Upmann Millonario Churchill.  Second was a Legado de Pepin toro and third was a LGC Rabito.  Again, not too shabby for a random grab from the spreadsheet. 

Think I'l follow its pick for #1.
You should use cigar geeks to keep your inventory, they have a 'pick a cigar for me' button.

Far too much work to add everything in there.  I have a functioning spreadsheet.  If it could import an excel file and parse it, sure, but I'm not clicking through a couple hundred entries. 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2014, 12:08:24 PM »

Sorry, Fred... but good afternoon to ya. Skies are clearing here, but who knows for how long. On and off all week.
according to the weather gal, glorious weather here for the next week.
So now we're believing weather people now?!?
I don't believe the weather people, but I do believe the weather on my smart phone, cuz it's smart..!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »

Guess it's time to start smoking today.
That sounds like a good idea Will..!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »

Sorry, Fred... but good afternoon to ya. Skies are clearing here, but who knows for how long. On and off all week.
So now we're believing weather people now?!?
only on Sunrise, sunset and high & low tides.  tides aren't a big deal for you ltg right?
Not unless Lake Erie starts making some major waves. Haha.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2014, 12:13:59 PM »

Hey BD
everything is great.  Cigar, coffee,  listening to sports radio,  nobody home but me. Peace and quiet! How about you?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2014, 12:14:13 PM »

According to the weather-chipmunk: " sweaty nutsack? You ain't seen nuthin' yet, muthafuckah!"
I've already been outside this morning, and I'll have to agree with the chipmunk and give it 5 STARS on the sweaty nutsack...!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »

In order to change up some of the rotation and better encourage Op: Smokedown, I came up with a new strategy for picking these random middle of the day smokes.  Partially because I have a ton of cigars I'll never smoke because they're too buried/other cigars are easier to get to and partially because I prefer those other cigars.  So using random.org's random number generator, I have it generate a line and column to match the spreadsheet and pick the smoke.

Obviously that can't be used all the time--picking a double corona when I only have an hour would be a waste. 

Test results, to see how it would work, showed a 5x42 Unbanded corona (presumably bundle, it wasn't a mystery smoke sent my way), a JL Salazar Churchill, and an Oliva V.  So 1 out of 3 being something I wouldn't be likely to grab.  Seems good enough.

In practice for today?  First pick was an Upmann Millonario Churchill.  Second was a Legado de Pepin toro and third was a LGC Rabito.  Again, not too shabby for a random grab from the spreadsheet. 

You should use cigar geeks to keep your inventory, they have a 'pick a cigar for me' button.

Far too much work to add everything in there.  I have a functioning spreadsheet.  If it could import an excel file and parse it, sure, but I'm not clicking through a couple hundred entries.
Fair enough. I remember setting it up originally, and it took awhile to get everything in there, and I don't have nearly the inventory you do.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »

Magic bullet,  ain't that a sex toy?
no, it's also know as the nutribullet, countertop vegetable/fruit blender type thingy

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »

Hey BD
everything is great.  Cigar, coffee,  listening to sports radio,  nobody home but me. Peace and quiet! How about you?
Hopefully, it will be a nice quiet day here at home too.  I'm going to watch last seasons TrueBlood, make some tacos later, have so few beezzzr's, and find a hopefully fulfilling cigar.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »

Fair enough. I remember setting it up originally, and it took awhile to get everything in there, and I don't have nearly the inventory you do.

The last few Famous purchases reset my progress.  Back over 1900 again. One of these days.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »

Magic bullet,  ain't that a sex toy?
no, it's also know as the nutribullet, countertop vegetable/fruit blender type thingy
oh ok, I don't know what I was thinking.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2014, 12:26:23 PM »

BD, how did it go the other day with your buddy?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2014, 12:30:10 PM »

The last few Famous purchases reset my progress.  Back over 1900 again. One of these days.
Damn, I just wish I had a $1 for every cigar you have.. :)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30