« Reply #390 on: June 17, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »

Out myself, have a good one men.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #391 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »

Good evening everyone!  Camacho Connie Monarca with a RRG&C.

« Reply #392 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:38 PM »

Good evening everyone!  Camacho Connie Monarca with a RRG&C.
Evening KC
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #393 on: June 17, 2014, 07:21:02 PM »

Good evening everyone!  Camacho Connie Monarca with a RRG&C.

Evening, KC.  Just finished up a Herrera Esteli.  Excellent burn all the way down, no wrapper issues, and excellent flavors.

Now for something of a smokedown stick.  Nica Libre Potencia Churchill, from March '12.  The would be "poor man's V."

« Reply #394 on: June 17, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »

Good evening everyone!  Camacho Connie Monarca with a RRG&C.
Good evening, KC!
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #395 on: June 17, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »

Good evening everyone!  Camacho Connie Monarca with a RRG&C.

Evening, KC.  Just finished up a Herrera Esteli.  Excellent burn all the way down, no wrapper issues, and excellent flavors.

Now for something of a smokedown stick.  Nica Libre Potencia Churchill, from March '12.  The would be "poor man's V."
indeed, poor man that has to smoke that cigar instead of a V
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #396 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:06 PM »

Good evening everyone!  Camacho Connie Monarca with a RRG&C.

Evening, KC.  Just finished up a Herrera Esteli.  Excellent burn all the way down, no wrapper issues, and excellent flavors.

Now for something of a smokedown stick.  Nica Libre Potencia Churchill, from March '12.  The would be "poor man's V."
Love those HEs.  Never cared for any of the Nica Libres at all.  Never thought the original was anything like a Padron, nor the Potencia even close to a V.  Just MHO.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #397 on: June 17, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »

Evening Gentlemen...and I use that term loosely. ;D
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #398 on: June 17, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »

Evening Gentlemen...and I use that term loosely. ;D
Evening Sooner!  Is it Crown Tuesday???
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #399 on: June 17, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »

Speaking of the "Libre" family...I do like the Cuba Libre One as a good value smoke. I see they are on clearance on CI with the hammerhead. Not crazy about the size or shape...but for a less than $2 cigar, smokes way better than the price point. IMFO...
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #400 on: June 17, 2014, 07:59:32 PM »

Evening Gentlemen...and I use that term loosely. ;D
Evening Sooner!  Is it Crown Tuesday???
Evening King!!! No booze tonight...just Arizona Ice Tea. We have a wedding to go to this weekend...open bar!!! I was told they would have a bottle of Crown....singing my tune!!! Crown & Free!!!!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #401 on: June 17, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »

Good evening everyone!  Camacho Connie Monarca with a RRG&C.

Evening, KC.  Just finished up a Herrera Esteli.  Excellent burn all the way down, no wrapper issues, and excellent flavors.

Now for something of a smokedown stick.  Nica Libre Potencia Churchill, from March '12.  The would be "poor man's V."
Love those HEs.  Never cared for any of the Nica Libres at all.  Never thought the original was anything like a Padron, nor the Potencia even close to a V.  Just MHO.

KC, I don't think I have had one of the originals, so no comment there.

I also wouldn't call the Potencia close to a V, though it is presented as such.  I think it falls into the same category as the Undercrown, though.  The UC was supposed to be the same crop as the LP9s, but swapping in seco in place of ligero, viso in place of seco, and so on.  For the Potencia, they just the ligero content, use some less flavorful leaves/lower quality ones, and still give the general impression of what it is imitating (unlike the UC, which was entirely its own smoke, but that's another story).

Anywho, construction on the few Potencia's I've smoke has been excellent.  This one has almost no pepper/spice to speak of, just smooth, semi-sweet dark tobacco with cedar accents. No real defined flavors in there--some soft dark chocolate, slightly earthy, but not much.  Medium-ish.  Thin tasting after the HE.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #402 on: June 17, 2014, 08:14:17 PM »

Evening Gentlemen...and I use that term loosely. ;D
Evening Sooner!  Is it Crown Tuesday???
Evening King!!! No booze tonight...just Arizona Ice Tea. We have a wedding to go to this weekend...open bar!!! I was told they would have a bottle of Crown....singing my tune!!! Crown & Free!!!!
Since you have to give them a gift, (most likely an envelope with a check in it), technically speaking, the Crown ain't free.  But you can break even!!!
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #403 on: June 17, 2014, 08:15:47 PM »

Anywho, construction on the few Potencia's I've smoke has been excellent.  This one has almost no pepper/spice to speak of, just smooth, semi-sweet dark tobacco with cedar accents. No real defined flavors in there--some soft dark chocolate, slightly earthy, but not much.  Medium-ish.  Thin tasting after the HE.-----Will-----Never had an issue with construction, flavor profile just wasn't for me.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #404 on: June 17, 2014, 08:18:39 PM »

Evening Gentlemen...and I use that term loosely. ;D
Evening Sooner!  Is it Crown Tuesday???
Evening King!!! No booze tonight...just Arizona Ice Tea. We have a wedding to go to this weekend...open bar!!! I was told they would have a bottle of Crown....singing my tune!!! Crown & Free!!!!
Since you have to give them a gift, (most likely an envelope with a check in it), technically speaking, the Crown ain't free.  But you can break even!!!
Good point...then my goal then is to, at least, break even. Handing Lynn the keys as soon as we get there.