« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2014, 04:26:39 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Just had one last week and enjoyed it.  I get the impression it burns hot if you're smoking it too quickly, but that shouldn't be an issue for you.  Don't ask me about the nuances because I can't help you there.  I'd definitely smoke it again.

« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Just had one last week and enjoyed it.  I get the impression it burns hot if you're smoking it too quickly, but that shouldn't be an issue for you.  Don't ask me about the nuances because I can't help you there.  I'd definitely smoke it again.
Hmm...now I might go find me a single...
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2014, 04:27:52 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Just had one last week and enjoyed it.  I get the impression it burns hot if you're smoking it too quickly, but that shouldn't be an issue for you.  Don't ask me about the nuances because I can't help you there.  I'd definitely smoke it again.

They all burn too hot if you're smoking them too quickly.  Just a matter of effort and I excel at not putting any of that forth.

« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2014, 04:28:01 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Only hear that it doesn't smoke to it's comparative price-point, no experience here due to the not-so-positive reviews
I think I heard that too but I got mine from CF and I didn't factor in price.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »

Good morning, gents…drive by - holts.com High Noon special "House" Tat's…never tried 'em, can't recommend, but thought you might want to have a look…catch up later...
Tatuaje Verocu #9, are excellent cigars. I have not bought them in a year, but did send some out. DavidOy even liked them, and so did Will.
Good afternoon Ken!  Do they still make the Tat Verocu(that in the red tubo)?
No, or the black tubo. I am pretty sure. These are made about once a year for Holts. Very good cigar, IMO.

« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
I actually liked it, and thought it did smoke to the price point I got it at.  I liked it better than the Ambos Mundos, and if I was going to buy more "budget Tats" that would be the one.

IMHO. No offense.  YMMV. Whateverrrrr.

« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »

Good morning, gents…drive by - holts.com High Noon special "House" Tat's…never tried 'em, can't recommend, but thought you might want to have a look…catch up later...
Tatuaje Verocu #9, are excellent cigars. I have not bought them in a year, but did send some out. DavidOy even liked them, and so did Will.
Good afternoon Ken!  Do they still make the Tat Verocu(that in the red tubo)?
No, or the black tubo. I am pretty sure. These are made about once a year for Holts. Very good cigar, IMO.
Good to know, will keep a lookout

« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2014, 04:31:52 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Just had one last week and enjoyed it.  I get the impression it burns hot if you're smoking it too quickly, but that shouldn't be an issue for you.  Don't ask me about the nuances because I can't help you there.  I'd definitely smoke it again.

They all burn too hot if you're smoking them too quickly.  Just a matter of effort and I excel at not putting any of that forth.
Yes and no.  I know you know what I mean.  Some seem more susceptible to getting hot and tasting bitter.    Perhaps it was just a bit under filled?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Only hear that it doesn't smoke to it's comparative price-point, no experience here due to the not-so-positive reviews
I think I heard that too but I got mine from CF and I didn't factor in price.

Compared to it's price point against other cigars at a B&M, it's fine.  Can't get much for $5 these days in store, ya know?  Compared to $5 per stick online with bulk order discounts (i.e. getting cigars for $5 each that retail for $8+ in stores), not so much.  Just my opinion.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2014, 04:32:07 PM »

Good morning, gents…drive by - holts.com High Noon special "House" Tat's…never tried 'em, can't recommend, but thought you might want to have a look…catch up later...
Tatuaje Verocu #9, are excellent cigars. I have not bought them in a year, but did send some out. DavidOy even liked them, and so did Will.
Good afternoon Ken!  Do they still make the Tat Verocu(that in the red tubo)?
No, or the black tubo. I am pretty sure. These are made about once a year for Holts. Very good cigar, IMO.
Good to know, will keep a lookout
http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=201663

« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2014, 04:32:40 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Only hear that it doesn't smoke to it's comparative price-point, no experience here due to the not-so-positive reviews
I think I heard that too but I got mine from CF and I didn't factor in price.

Compared to it's price point against other cigars at a B&M, it's fine.  Can't get much for $5 these days in store, ya know?  Compared to $5 per stick online with bulk order discounts (i.e. getting cigars for $5 each that retail for $8+ in stores), not so much.  Just my opinion.
Better than that fucking DaS Lancero that still pisses me off from last night  >:(

« Reply #356 on: June 17, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
I actually liked it, and thought it did smoke to the price point I got it at.  I liked it better than the Ambos Mundos, and if I was going to buy more "budget Tats" that would be the one.

IMHO. No offense.  YMMV. Whateverrrrr.
Agreed on liking it more than the Ambos Mundos.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2014, 04:34:30 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Only hear that it doesn't smoke to it's comparative price-point, no experience here due to the not-so-positive reviews
I think I heard that too but I got mine from CF and I didn't factor in price.

Compared to it's price point against other cigars at a B&M, it's fine.  Can't get much for $5 these days in store, ya know?  Compared to $5 per stick online with bulk order discounts (i.e. getting cigars for $5 each that retail for $8+ in stores), not so much.  Just my opinion.
Better than that fucking DaS Lancero that still pisses me off from last night  >:(

Not following the acronym, there...

« Reply #358 on: June 17, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »

Good morning, gents…drive by - holts.com High Noon special "House" Tat's…never tried 'em, can't recommend, but thought you might want to have a look…catch up later...
Tatuaje Verocu #9, are excellent cigars. I have not bought them in a year, but did send some out. DavidOy even liked them, and so did Will.
Good afternoon Ken!  Do they still make the Tat Verocu(that in the red tubo)?
No, or the black tubo. I am pretty sure. These are made about once a year for Holts. Very good cigar, IMO.
Good to know, will keep a lookout
http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=201663
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

« Reply #359 on: June 17, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Only hear that it doesn't smoke to it's comparative price-point, no experience here due to the not-so-positive reviews
I think I heard that too but I got mine from CF and I didn't factor in price.

Compared to it's price point against other cigars at a B&M, it's fine.  Can't get much for $5 these days in store, ya know?  Compared to $5 per stick online with bulk order discounts (i.e. getting cigars for $5 each that retail for $8+ in stores), not so much.  Just my opinion.
Better than that fucking DaS Lancero that still pisses me off from last night  >:(

Not following the acronym, there...
Destino al Siglo