LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »

Time to start thinking about tonight's cigar... thinking either a Cubao toro (old band, still have yet to try it since Eddie Ortega took it for himself) and a Fuente 8-5-8 Sungrown are the two I'm deciding between at the moment.  Thoughts on either?
858 Sunny!
I'd have to agree.  I'm sure both are fine but I'm just in the mood for a Fuente today.  May even smoke a shark tonight.  I doubt it though.   :(
DO IT! Sharks, god I fucking LOVE them.
Are sharks allowed to be consumed by three stars?
I don't smoke them, just collect them :)
It sure feels like that sometimes.
Too many boxes I 'don't want to smoke/open'...need to just man up, but I have this nagging collector side of me that comes out every once in a while
My issue has more to do with time.  I'll smoke it if I've got it.  But I probably only average 1-2 smokes per week.  2014 has been the first year that I have purchased less cigars than I've smoked.  And maybe not even.
I would be hard to live with if that's all I could smoke in a week, I would be grumpy if all I could have was 2 per day.

I'm about one a day.  Sometimes just a small one in the afternoon or evening.  Sometimes multiple.  Sometimes none at all.  Shit happens, something else comes up, just can't always get one in.  I'm generally unwilling to stay up late and smoke since I'm up for the gym at 5am each morning.  Afternoon, Chip.
Good afternoon Joe.

« Reply #331 on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »

Time to start thinking about tonight's cigar... thinking either a Cubao toro (old band, still have yet to try it since Eddie Ortega took it for himself) and a Fuente 8-5-8 Sungrown are the two I'm deciding between at the moment.  Thoughts on either?
858 Sunny!
I'd have to agree.  I'm sure both are fine but I'm just in the mood for a Fuente today.  May even smoke a shark tonight.  I doubt it though.   :(
DO IT! Sharks, god I fucking LOVE them.
Are sharks allowed to be consumed by three stars?
I don't smoke them, just collect them :)
It sure feels like that sometimes.
Too many boxes I 'don't want to smoke/open'...need to just man up, but I have this nagging collector side of me that comes out every once in a while
WTF did you buy them for if you are afraid to even open them man.
It's usually special smokes or ones where I go crazy and get 3+ boxes plus singles(Sharks, Tat Black CGs, GoF Serie Bs, etc).  I smoke down the singles and keep buying more, I'm weird...
Holy Shit Shaun, five star, esteemed status....I am humbled.  I guess I've got to go pick on Dalek...
Yeah, had to suck it up, literally?, and get er done.  2pages on JoeCigar...as was stated previously, anxious to see if a new group revives it.

« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?
What price can you get it for?  I'd go Glenmo over Glenliv, IMO...Joe?
Logged

glassken

« Reply #333 on: June 17, 2014, 04:14:48 PM »

Good morning, gents…drive by - holts.com High Noon special "House" Tat's…never tried 'em, can't recommend, but thought you might want to have a look…catch up later...
Tatuaje Verocu #9, are excellent cigars. I have not bought them in a year, but did send some out. DavidOy even liked them, and so did Will.

« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »

Holy Shit Shaun, five star, esteemed status....I am humbled.  I guess I've got to go pick on Dalek...
No, he's just "endeared".  "Esteemed" hits at 25K.  He still has steps before then.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »

How is that mowing going Mr. Chip?
We have had so much rain I am afraid to even run the 4wd mower, it's no fun when you stick the thing, hopefully Thursday will stay dry and I can get some more cut. I would take the day off though if I can get the Sis in law to come over again.

« Reply #336 on: June 17, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »

Good morning, gents…drive by - holts.com High Noon special "House" Tat's…never tried 'em, can't recommend, but thought you might want to have a look…catch up later...
Tatuaje Verocu #9, are excellent cigars. I have not bought them in a year, but did send some out. DavidOy even liked them, and so did Will.
Good afternoon Ken!  Do they still make the Tat Verocu(that in the red tubo)?

« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2014, 04:18:14 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?
I like it.  Doesn't seem terribly complex to me, but what's there has a nice taste and it's very smooth.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?
What price can you get it for?  I'd go Glenmo over Glenliv, IMO...Joe?

Not much of a scotch guy, and I've only had a few pours of each.  From memory of tastings, I did enjoy the Glenmorangie 18 more.

« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?
What price can you get it for?  I'd go Glenmo over Glenliv, IMO...Joe?
I don't have an opinion.  Don't think I've ever had it.  A friend went to an event on Father's Day and bought a bottle.  Don't know what he paid for it but he was telling me that he might be starting up a new hobby.  I saw BevMo sells the 750 for $75.  Just curious to see what banter consensus was?

« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2014, 04:19:27 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?
What price can you get it for?  I'd go Glenmo over Glenliv, IMO...Joe?
I'd always go for the Glenmorangie over Glenlivet, and Balvenie over Glenlivet too.  But the Glenlivet is still nice.

« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2014, 04:21:10 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?
What price can you get it for?  I'd go Glenmo over Glenliv, IMO...Joe?
I don't have an opinion.  Don't think I've ever had it.  A friend went to an event on Father's Day and bought a bottle.  Don't know what he paid for it but he was telling me that he might be starting up a new hobby.  I saw BevMo sells the 750 for $75.  Just curious to see what banter consensus was?
That's a good price, $20 less than Glenmo.  Agreed with Raz's post above...
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?

« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2014, 04:22:58 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?
I like it.  Doesn't seem terribly complex to me, but what's there has a nice taste and it's very smooth.
Thanks, Bret.  That's how it was described to me too.

« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:58 PM »

Anyone try the Tattoo yet?  How's it smoke?
Only hear that it doesn't smoke to it's comparative price-point, no experience here due to the not-so-positive reviews