LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »

Good afternoon guys.
Hiya Chip.  I wanted to say thanks for giving me the heads-up on all the SPAMbots, time and again. Believe it or not, only a small percentage are getting through.  I have some safeguards in place and they have been denied access over 2000 times thus far.
I keep looking for new members and just keep seeing the Bastiges clogging things up, it's amazing the websites tied to those things.

« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2014, 03:58:36 PM »

Time to start thinking about tonight's cigar... thinking either a Cubao toro (old band, still have yet to try it since Eddie Ortega took it for himself) and a Fuente 8-5-8 Sungrown are the two I'm deciding between at the moment.  Thoughts on either?
858 Sunny!
I'd have to agree.  I'm sure both are fine but I'm just in the mood for a Fuente today.  May even smoke a shark tonight.  I doubt it though.   :(
DO IT! Sharks, god I fucking LOVE them.
Are sharks allowed to be consumed by three stars?
I don't smoke them, just collect them :)
It sure feels like that sometimes.
Too many boxes I 'don't want to smoke/open'...need to just man up, but I have this nagging collector side of me that comes out every once in a while
WTF did you buy them for if you are afraid to even open them man.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #317 on: June 17, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »

Good afternoon guys.
I'm with you,  Chip. I'm on my 3rd for today and will probably smoke 2 more.  I waited all winter for weather like this!
I am not sure about the nice weather since it's been hot as Hell all day and all week but it sure does help to unwind after a crazy day at work.

« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2014, 03:58:58 PM »

« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »

Time to start thinking about tonight's cigar... thinking either a Cubao toro (old band, still have yet to try it since Eddie Ortega took it for himself) and a Fuente 8-5-8 Sungrown are the two I'm deciding between at the moment.  Thoughts on either?
858 Sunny!
I'd have to agree.  I'm sure both are fine but I'm just in the mood for a Fuente today.  May even smoke a shark tonight.  I doubt it though.   :(
DO IT! Sharks, god I fucking LOVE them.
Are sharks allowed to be consumed by three stars?
I don't smoke them, just collect them :)
It sure feels like that sometimes.
Too many boxes I 'don't want to smoke/open'...need to just man up, but I have this nagging collector side of me that comes out every once in a while
WTF did you buy them for if you are afraid to even open them man.
It's usually special smokes or ones where I go crazy and get 3+ boxes plus singles(Sharks, Tat Black CGs, GoF Serie Bs, etc).  I smoke down the singles and keep buying more, I'm weird...

« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »

How is that mowing going Mr. Chip?

« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2014, 04:00:27 PM »

Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »

Time to start thinking about tonight's cigar... thinking either a Cubao toro (old band, still have yet to try it since Eddie Ortega took it for himself) and a Fuente 8-5-8 Sungrown are the two I'm deciding between at the moment.  Thoughts on either?
858 Sunny!
I'd have to agree.  I'm sure both are fine but I'm just in the mood for a Fuente today.  May even smoke a shark tonight.  I doubt it though.   :(
DO IT! Sharks, god I fucking LOVE them.
Are sharks allowed to be consumed by three stars?
I don't smoke them, just collect them :)
It sure feels like that sometimes.
Too many boxes I 'don't want to smoke/open'...need to just man up, but I have this nagging collector side of me that comes out every once in a while
My issue has more to do with time.  I'll smoke it if I've got it.  But I probably only average 1-2 smokes per week.  2014 has been the first year that I have purchased less cigars than I've smoked.  And maybe not even.
I would be hard to live with if that's all I could smoke in a week, I would be grumpy if all I could have was 2 per day.

I'm about one a day.  Sometimes just a small one in the afternoon or evening.  Sometimes multiple.  Sometimes none at all.  Shit happens, something else comes up, just can't always get one in.  I'm generally unwilling to stay up late and smoke since I'm up for the gym at 5am each morning.  Afternoon, Chip.

« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2014, 04:01:30 PM »

Good afternoon guys.
Hiya Chip.  I wanted to say thanks for giving me the heads-up on all the SPAMbots, time and again. Believe it or not, only a small percentage are getting through.  I have some safeguards in place and they have been denied access over 2000 times thus far.
I keep looking for new members and just keep seeing the Bastiges clogging things up, it's amazing the websites tied to those things.
Looks like they are mostly coming from Russia.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2014, 04:02:18 PM »

Hey CG87, Are the Diesel maduro any good? I picked some up from the last jam.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2014, 04:05:07 PM »

Time to start thinking about tonight's cigar... thinking either a Cubao toro (old band, still have yet to try it since Eddie Ortega took it for himself) and a Fuente 8-5-8 Sungrown are the two I'm deciding between at the moment.  Thoughts on either?
858 Sunny!
I'd have to agree.  I'm sure both are fine but I'm just in the mood for a Fuente today.  May even smoke a shark tonight.  I doubt it though.   :(
DO IT! Sharks, god I fucking LOVE them.
Are sharks allowed to be consumed by three stars?
I don't smoke them, just collect them :)
It sure feels like that sometimes.
Too many boxes I 'don't want to smoke/open'...need to just man up, but I have this nagging collector side of me that comes out every once in a while
WTF did you buy them for if you are afraid to even open them man.
Agreed, Dave.  If you're not gonna smoke them, you'll save the most money by not buying them in the first place.  I don't really understand the people that do this with whiskey or wine or whatever else, either.  I get that different people collect different things - no wrong way to go about it - just not for me.  Just don't expect me to give a shit about your collection if you're not willing to smoke anything at any particular time.

« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »

Hey CG87, Are the Diesel maduro any good? I picked some up from the last jam.
I like them, not sure if I like them more than the Habano(big fan of the d.X), but I don't turn them down for their price.
Might even smoke the Habano d.4, that's a good one too, just more bite.

« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2014, 04:09:51 PM »

[...]
That's where I am different from those.  I am more than willing to burn any stick in the humi, but I've been trying to knock out random singles and newer stuff constantly versus the ones I love that I get boxes of combined with not smoking enough.

Solution: smoke more, got it :)

« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »

[...]
Holy Shit Shaun, five star, esteemed status....I am humbled.  I guess I've got to go pick on Dalek...

« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2014, 04:12:47 PM »

What's the general consensus on Glenlivet 18?