« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:49 PM »

And I still couldn't get it right.  <leaving now with tail between legs>
At least I know I haven't gone crazy. So you accomplished something.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #256 on: June 17, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »

In case you can read Japanese, Tony:  https://translate.google.com/#ja/en/
No need.  I keep a translate tab open all the time because my colleagues think it's funny to instant message me in Zulu.  Fucking tech geeks.  Am I right?

LOL, I can only imagine.  You should hear the jokes my accounting instructor tells.

« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2014, 01:11:59 PM »

too bad, I programmed in the late 70's / early eighties, and set out to create a Computer Science major for the class of 1978, at my college, they were giving out a PhD, but no BA's or BS degrees yet.  it helps to think like a computer, do what is instructed, not what you want done. worked with fortran, Algol, C and PL/1. Ran Unix systems, had extensive Oracle RDBMS training in the early 90's, then came over to the dark side and helped sell the hardware for Sequent, Tricord & EMC. I am also fluent in Office, as well as the control programs for Enterprise storage, VTL's, SAN directors, and robotic tape library control GUI's. but that's just me.  8 years ago I came back to the other side of the desk as an end user, working for NYC.
Thanks for the resume, Flip.  I'll let you know if we get any openings.  It is Tuesday, right?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »

too bad, I programmed in the late 70's / early eighties, and set out to create a Computer Science major for the class of 1978, at my college, they were giving out a PhD, but no BA's or BS degrees yet.  it helps to think like a computer, do what is instructed, not what you want done.
Thanks for the resume, Flip.  I'll let you know if we get any openings.  It is Tuesday, right?

It is indeed Tuesday.  I fixed his post.

« Reply #259 on: June 17, 2014, 01:16:02 PM »

too bad, I programmed in the late 70's / early eighties, and set out to create a Computer Science major for the class of 1978, at my college, they were giving out a PhD, but no BA's or BS degrees yet.  it helps to think like a computer, do what is instructed, not what you want done. worked with fortran, Algol, C and PL/1. Ran Unix systems, had extensive Oracle RDBMS training in the early 90's, then came over to the dark side and helped sell the hardware for Sequent, Tricord & EMC. I am also fluent in Office, as well as the control programs for Enterprise storage, VTL's, SAN directors, and robotic tape library control GUI's. but that's just me.  8 years ago I came back to the other side of the desk as an end user, working for NYC.
Thanks for the resume, Flip.  I'll let you know if we get any openings.  It is Tuesday, right?
sorry, chalk it up to Tuesday.

« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »

This has been an expensive morning.
what have we told you, step away from the mouse.
Cut up cards and walk away...

« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »

And now for something completely different.  Stopped by the International Food marketplace last night, and got a bunch of snacks, spicy and otherwise from Bombay Kitchen. names like Boondi, Corn Chewuda, Chana Jor Garam, and Chewda Mix.  set it up on a counter near my desk.  I work with a lot of folks of Indian descent, and they wanted to know why the Italian was bringing this stuff in.  what a hoot!

« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »

7 Macros done, and then I made 1 Macro to run all 7...muahahahahahaha!

« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »

And then I did it again. Can you tell I'm not in IT?

LOL, I consider myself a smart person, but IT/the general language of computers is totally lost on me.  I can USE a computer and am 'fluent' with basic programs like Excel, Word, stuff like that... but ask me to fix a 'glitch' or program something?  Not happenin'.
//////////////////////Ditto.
too bad, I programmed in the late 70's / early eighties, and set out to create a Computer Science major for the class of 1978, at my college, they were giving out a PhD, but no BA's or BS degrees yet.  it helps to think like a computer, do what is instructed, not what you want done. worked with fortran, Algol, C and PL/1. Ran Unix systems, had extensive Oracle RDBMS training in the early 90's, then came over to the dark side and helped sell the hardware for Sequent, Tricord & EMC. I am also fluent in Office, as well as the control programs for Enterprise storage, VTL's, SAN directors, and robotic tape library control GUI's. but that's just me.  8 years ago I came back to the other side of the desk as an end user, working for NYC.
There is always a ghost in the machine.

« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »

And now for something completely different.  Stopped by the International Food marketplace last night, and got a bunch of snacks, spicy and otherwise from Bombay Kitchen. names like Boondi, Corn Chewuda, Chana Jor Garam, and Chewda Mix.  set it up on a counter near my desk.  I work with a lot of folks of Indian descent, and they wanted to know why the Italian was bringing this stuff in.  what a hoot!
Listing those names, sounded like my IT team... Corn Chewuda ran my validations I think.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »

18

« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2014, 01:42:58 PM »

7 Macros done, and then I made 1 Macro to run all 7...muahahahahahaha!
just keep Frodo away from them...

« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »

And now for something completely different.  Stopped by the International Food marketplace last night, and got a bunch of snacks, spicy and otherwise from Bombay Kitchen. names like Boondi, Corn Chewuda, Chana Jor Garam, and Chewda Mix.  set it up on a counter near my desk.  I work with a lot of folks of Indian descent, and they wanted to know why the Italian was bringing this stuff in.  what a hoot!
Listing those names, sounded like my IT team... Corn Chewuda ran my validations I think.
Nope, I got the eshes, Tanesh and Manesh, Jagdish, Jaimin, Bharat, oh, if the names weren't on the deskplates, I'd be in trouble.

« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2014, 01:50:54 PM »

And now for something completely different.  Stopped by the International Food marketplace last night, and got a bunch of snacks, spicy and otherwise from Bombay Kitchen. names like Boondi, Corn Chewuda, Chana Jor Garam, and Chewda Mix.  set it up on a counter near my desk.  I work with a lot of folks of Indian descent, and they wanted to know why the Italian was bringing this stuff in.  what a hoot!
Indians in IT?  Something doesn't add up.

« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »

[...]

I think Sting said that.