« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »

Late good morning all.
Hey there, Dave.  Staying in Jersey for the week?
Nope, flew out first thing and now settling in in Austin.
Dave do you live in Austin ? .
Which Dave?  Not me Dave....I live in Jersey...at least that's where my house is.

Did you always travel this much at your current job or is it a 'new' thing?
The whole San Diego thing was a one time "project" that was for a little over a quarter.  That compacted my more usual travel AND compound that with being down two headcount and I am much higher than usual.  More regular for the job has been around 40%....this year so far is well over 80%

« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »

Tony Gwynn died...
Wow.  He was so young too.  That damn cancer doesn't care how old you are.

« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
I don't, but they are cool to see in person. There's no way to justify it as a purchase, unless you just admit you want a badass looking travel humi.

They are back in stock for 32.50 ea. Not a lot more than another plastic travel humi, but like you said, it'd be more of a cool conversation piece. Hmmm would 10 be enough for a weeks vacation at the beach?
7 Days?  No, 10 would not enough for me.

« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »

What's up, Reprobates?
You seem to be back to your old self.  Feeling better?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
I don't, but they are cool to see in person. There's no way to justify it as a purchase, unless you just admit you want a badass looking travel humi.

They are back in stock for 32.50 ea. Not a lot more than another plastic travel humi, but like you said, it'd be more of a cool conversation piece. Hmmm would 10 be enough for a weeks vacation at the beach?
Depends on smoking frequency, but I would envision 2/day at least for the days are are fully there(non-travel days)

I think 10 would be plenty for me. It's the sharing and trading that is difficult to guesstimate. 5 was definitely NOT enough last time, but a trip to a local B&M can be a fun adventure too.
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »

What's up, Reprobates?
Howdy Dalek. Doin' alright today?

« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
I don't, but they are cool to see in person. There's no way to justify it as a purchase, unless you just admit you want a badass looking travel humi.

They are back in stock for 32.50 ea. Not a lot more than another plastic travel humi, but like you said, it'd be more of a cool conversation piece. Hmmm would 10 be enough for a weeks vacation at the beach?
Depends on smoking frequency, but I would envision 2/day at least for the days are are fully there(non-travel days)

I think 10 would be plenty for me. It's the sharing and trading that is difficult to guesstimate. 5 was definitely NOT enough last time, but a trip to a local B&M can be a fun adventure too.
Agreed, like seeing other B&Ms and searching for hidden gems or stuff I can't find locally.
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

Damn work is distracting me from the banter. I like that the reload picks up where I left off rather than page 1, but I have to pay more attention to what page I'm on. Life moves pretty fast over here.

« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2014, 01:46:39 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Afternoon boys, I have one and very happy with it, good quality and mostly metal outside. Nice humidifier and slot for tools

« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Afternoon boys, I have one and very happy with it, good quality and mostly metal outside. Nice humidifier and slot for tools
Good afternoon sfish and BFF!

« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Afternoon boys, I have one and very happy with it, good quality and mostly metal outside. Nice humidifier and slot for tools
SCOTTY!!!!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Afternoon boys, I have one and very happy with it, good quality and mostly metal outside. Nice humidifier and slot for tools

Hey, Scott. The humidifier was one thing I was wondering about. The Famous copy description says it comes with one, but the 'specs' say NO... Would have probably gone with one of the XiKar tubes if it didn't.

« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Finally reached the 16th of June.  My life can settle down now after thirteen months of upheaval.

I've got $50 for cigars at the moment.  Somebody point me to a deal.
Joe!!!  He's talking to you!  Good morning, Bret.

The 'Chunky Monsters' from Tatuaje should be out soon-ish, I think.  Save some for those.  I love the Monster series of cigars.
Probably need to save a little more than the $50...

If the money is burning a hole in your pocket, Bret... The Cain Daytona Coronas that Joe brought to your attention some time back are mashing. Those and a 5 pack of some Faustos would get you to $50. $40 w/cpn.
It's actually sitting in my PayPal account, and yes, it's burning a hole.  My dad needed some cigars to hand out at the wedding reception, so I gave him my box of Fighting Cock robustos, for which he then gave me five Partagas Serie D #4 from a box he was given as a wedding present.  Spectacular trade far as I'm concerned.  But I still need to make up for the inventory reduction.  Today it actually appears that through a tortuous series of transactions I won't bore y'all with I have another $100 available.  So $150 total.  I wish I'd known that yesterday because I'd have used that $40 coupon one last time.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll buy some more Cubans.  Maybe I'll sit on it until a killer deal comes along.
Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchills

Box 10    US$  72.00

Length: 4.80"  /  Ring Guage: 50.00

an excellent buy at http://www.ihavanas.com/
Nice...of course, the Partagas Serie D #4 is there at 10/69.00.  And you get an extra 8/100" on those. ;-)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Afternoon boys, I have one and very happy with it, good quality and mostly metal outside. Nice humidifier and slot for tools

Hey, Scott. The humidifier was one thing I was wondering about. The Famous copy description says it comes with one, but the 'specs' say NO... Would have probably gone with one of the XiKar tubes if it didn't.

Most travel humis technically come with one - the little foam inserts.  I never use them.  They're air tight so I can't imagine the cigars losing much of their rh level. Heck, over just a week or so you could leave them in a ziploc bag and they'd be just fine.  They don't adapt THAT quickly to their surrounding environment, ya know?  In an air tight environment they'd essentially act as their own humidifiers.  To an extent, not forever, depending on extreme conditions, etc., etc.

That said, I think the Tatuaje coffin humidor is sweet.

« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
I don't, but they are cool to see in person. There's no way to justify it as a purchase, unless you just admit you want a badass looking travel humi.

They are back in stock for 32.50 ea. Not a lot more than another plastic travel humi, but like you said, it'd be more of a cool conversation piece. Hmmm would 10 be enough for a weeks vacation at the beach?
7 Days?  No, 10 would not enough for me.
I generally bring a 20 count humidor with me.  I've given away a handful and still have 4 or 5 of them left.  Unfortunately, I only get to smoke a few so bringing the damn thing on vacation usually turns out to be a waste of luggage space.  But I'm sure that's just me.