CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 26, 2019, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 6/26/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on June 26, 2019, 12:00:03 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 12:02:26 AM
More baseball tonight. I was secretly hoping for a thunderstorm.
Batter Up!
We got destroyed, 15-0. The worst part is that we're much better than that. Those 9 year olds were deflated right from the start. It was sad to see them implode.
so is this it for the season?
No, this is an "all-star" summer thing. This was our 3rd of 12 games and then there will be playoffs.

Edit: One of my sons actually pitched the last 1.1 innings. He only let up one of those runs.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 12:03:24 AM
More baseball tonight. I was secretly hoping for a thunderstorm.
Batter Up!
We got destroyed, 15-0. The worst part is that we're much better than that. Those 9 year olds were deflated right from the start. It was sad to see them implode.
It's hard to imagine, but in the long run they'll be better for it. Sometimes in life ya just get your ass handed to ya.
Couldn't agree more.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 03:39:03 AM
Happy Golf Day.
good morning banter.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 03:55:32 AM
coffee's ready!
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 04:31:47 AM
I'd supply cigars too but nobody but Rick and I smoke this early.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 26, 2019, 05:12:12 AM
I'd supply cigars too but nobody but Rick and I smoke this early.
Good morning Dean. Nothing like a cigar and coffee at this hour.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 26, 2019, 05:14:46 AM
My son got food poisoning after his graduation from middle school. It was so bad I thought it was appendicitis. Happened 1 hour after eating breakfast on Monday.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 05:19:40 AM
I'd supply cigars too but nobody but Rick and I smoke this early.
Good morning Dean. Nothing like a cigar and coffee at this hour.
absolutely.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 05:20:34 AM
My son got food poisoning after his graduation from middle school. It was so bad I thought it was appendicitis. Happened 1 hour after eating breakfast on Monday.
WOW. that really sucks. where'd you guys eat? did you take him to the hospital?
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 05:38:10 AM
Morning, bunch of all nighters around here.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 05:41:41 AM
My son got food poisoning after his graduation from middle school. It was so bad I thought it was appendicitis. Happened 1 hour after eating breakfast on Monday.
Bad deal, hope it was short lived.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 05:43:06 AM
At the Sister

Man O' War Armada War Horse
Perfecto  (6.5"x64)
Pack of 15 for $69.99 FS
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 26, 2019, 05:48:17 AM
My son got food poisoning after his graduation from middle school. It was so bad I thought it was appendicitis. Happened 1 hour after eating breakfast on Monday.
Bad deal, hope it was short lived.
Morning Dave. He's still sick. We went to a pancake House. I took him to doctors yesterday. Not throwing up anymorebut his body took a beating.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 26, 2019, 05:48:44 AM
At the Sister

Man O' War Armada War Horse
Perfecto  (6.5"x64)
Pack of 15 for $69.99 FS
Love the cigar hate that vitola.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 06:07:57 AM
Morning, bunch of all nighters around here.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 06:43:29 AM
okay, I'm outta here. bank, grocery store, gas station, and golf course.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 06:46:27 AM
My son got food poisoning after his graduation from middle school. It was so bad I thought it was appendicitis. Happened 1 hour after eating breakfast on Monday.
That completely sucks. At least you were home. Is he doing better now?
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:46:34 AM
Morning PuttPuttDean, DiamondBoundTony, LowCountryDave and InfirmaryRick.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 06:46:56 AM
Good morning, Dean, Rick, and Dave. And Dave.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:47:05 AM
Sorry to hear about the son Rick.  Never a good time.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:47:44 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 06:49:16 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Hope it's just a routine check-up.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:49:58 AM
Today is Wednesday, June 26, the 177th day of 2019. There are 188 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 26, 1963, President John F. Kennedy visited West Berlin, where he delivered his famous speech expressing solidarity with the city's residents, declaring: "Ich bin ein Berliner" (I am a Berliner).

On this date:
In 1870, the first section of Atlantic City, New Jersey's Boardwalk was opened to the public.
In 1917, the first troops of the American Expeditionary Force deployed to France during World War I landed in St. Nazaire.
In 1936, President Franklin D. Roosevelt was nominated for a second term of office by delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
In 1948, the Berlin Airlift began in earnest after the Soviet Union cut off land and water routes to the isolated western sector of Berlin.
In 1968, President Lyndon B. Johnson announced his choice of Abe Fortas to succeed the retiring Earl Warren as chief justice of the United States (however, Fortas later withdrew in the face of stiff Senate opposition).
In 1977, 42 people were killed when a fire sent toxic smoke pouring through the Maury County Jail in Columbia, Tennessee. Elvis Presley performed his last concert at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis.
In 1988, three people were killed when a new Airbus A320 jetliner carrying more than 130 people crashed into a forest during a demonstration at an air show in Mulhouse (muh-LOOZ'), France.
In 1990, President George H.W. Bush went back on his "no-new-taxes" campaign pledge, conceding that tax increases would have to be included in any deficit-reduction package worked out with congressional negotiators.
In 1993, President Bill Clinton announced the U.S. had launched missiles against Iraqi targets because of "compelling evidence" Iraq had plotted to assassinate former President George H.W. Bush.
In 1997, the first Harry Potter novel, "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" by J.K. Rowling (ROHL'-ing), was published in the United Kingdom (it was later released in the United States under the title "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone").
In 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a handgun ban in the District of Columbia as it affirmed, 5-4, that an individual right to gun ownership existed. Juan Alvarez, who triggered a 2005 rail disaster in Glendale, California, by parking a sport-utility vehicle on the tracks, was convicted of 11 counts of first-degree murder. (Alvarez was later sentenced to 11 consecutive life terms.)
In 2013, in deciding its first cases on the issue, the U.S. Supreme Court gave the nation's legally married gay couples equal federal footing with all other married Americans and also cleared the way for same-sex marriages to resume in California. New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested in the shooting death of Odin Lloyd. (Hernandez was convicted of first-degree murder; he killed himself in his prison cell in 2017.)
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 06:50:02 AM
Morning UpStateDave, Dean’O, BoilerCheckerBlue and Mayor TBall
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:50:38 AM
Ten years ago: Los Angeles County medical examiners performed an autopsy on the remains of pop star Michael Jackson a day after his death at age 50. The Democratic-controlled House passed a global warming measure 219-212 following intense lobbying by President Barack Obama. A federal judge in New York ordered disgraced financier Bernard Madoff stripped of all his possessions under a $171 billion forfeiture order.

Five years ago: The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Barack Obama had exceeded his executive authority in 2012 when he appointed members to the National Labor Relations Board without Senate confirmation. The nation's highest court also unanimously struck down the 35-foot protest-free zone outside abortion clinics in Massachusetts, declaring it an unconstitutional restraint on the free-speech rights of protesters. Former Senate majority leader and White House chief of staff Howard Baker, 88, died at his Tennessee home.

One year ago: A sharply divided Supreme Court upheld President Donald Trump's ban on travel from several mostly Muslim countries; dissenting Justice Sonia Sotomayor (SOHN'-ya soh-toh-my-YOR') said the court was making a historic mistake by refusing to recognize that the ban discriminates against Muslims. Joe Crowley of New York, the fourth-ranking House Democrat, lost a primary to 28-year-old liberal activist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. General Electric Co. was removed from the Dow Jones industrial average, where it had been an original component in 1896; it was replaced by the Walgreens drugstore chain.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 06:50:54 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Hope it's just a routine check-up.
That’s what the Warden said, since then she has Dr Appointment number 9 today.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:52:50 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Jazz musician-film composer Dave Grusin is 85.
Actor Josef Sommer is 85.
Singer Billy Davis Jr. is 81.
Rock singer Georgie Fame is 76.
Actor Clive Francis is 73.
Rhythm and blues singer Brenda Holloway is 73.
Actor Michael Paul Chan is 69.
Actor Robert Davi is 68.
Singer-musician Mick Jones is 64.
Actor Gedde Watanabe (GEH'-dee wah-tah-NAH'-bee) is 64.
Rock singer Chris Isaak is 63.
Rock singer Patty Smyth is 62.
Singer Terri Nunn (Berlin) is 60. U.S.
Bicycling Hall of Famer Greg LeMond is 58.
Rock singer Harriet Wheeler (The Sundays) is 56.
Country musician Eddie Perez (The Mavericks) is 51.
Rock musician Colin Greenwood (Radiohead) is 50.
Writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson is 49.
Actor Sean Hayes is 49.
Actor Matt Letscher is 49.
Actor Chris O'Donnell is 49.
Actor Nick Offerman is 49.
Actress Rebecca Budig is 46.
Retired MLB All-Star Derek Jeter is 45.
Contemporary Christian musician Jeff Frankenstein (Newsboys) is 45.
Country singer Gretchen Wilson is 45.
Rock musician Nathan Followill (Kings of Leon) is 40.
 Pop-rock singer-musician Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) is 40.
Actor-musician Jason Schwartzman is 39.
Actress Aubrey Plaza is 35.
Actress-singer Jennette McCurdy is 27.
Actress-singer Ariana Grande is 26.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:53:23 AM
Thought for Today: "The formula for success is simple: practice and concentration then more practice and more concentration." — Babe Didrikson Zaharias, American athlete and golfing Hall of Famer (born this date in 1911, died in 1956).
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 06:55:14 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Hope it's just a routine check-up.
That’s what the Warden said, since then she has Dr Appointment number 9 today.
This is a check to see if I need to get my other hip replaced now.  Do have skin Dr. and Urologist next month.  Getting it all checked before I have to find new ones.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 06:58:40 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Hope it's just a routine check-up.
That’s what the Warden said, since then she has Dr Appointment number 9 today.
This is a check to see if I need to get my other hip replaced now.  Do have skin Dr. and Urologist next month.  Getting it all checked before I have to find new ones.
That’s a damn good idea for sure, major undertaking to find new ones.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 07:01:46 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Hope it's just a routine check-up.
That’s what the Warden said, since then she has Dr Appointment number 9 today.
This is a check to see if I need to get my other hip replaced now.  Do have skin Dr. and Urologist next month.  Getting it all checked before I have to find new ones.
That’s a damn good idea for sure, major undertaking to find new ones.
Luckily he'll have some time on his hands.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 07:02:38 AM
[...]

More airline crash stories? Sheesh.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 07:06:38 AM
WTF - WinnDixie opens at 7am, but apparently nobody told anyone to unlock the damn doors.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 07:07:32 AM
WTF - WinnDixie opens at 7am, but apparently nobody told anyone to unlock the damn doors.
I bet you they close early too.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 07:23:41 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Hope it's just a routine check-up.
That’s what the Warden said, since then she has Dr Appointment number 9 today.
This is a check to see if I need to get my other hip replaced now.  Do have skin Dr. and Urologist next month.  Getting it all checked before I have to find new ones.
That’s a damn good idea for sure, major undertaking to find new ones.
Luckily he'll have some time on his hands.
I'll be busy!  I got plans.  Get togethers with LowCountryDave and such!
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 07:25:12 AM
Won't be around in the morning tomorrow.  Getting up and heading right out.  Get a jump of full day of driving.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 07:26:46 AM
Dr. visit myself this AM, heading out shortly.
Hope it's just a routine check-up.
That’s what the Warden said, since then she has Dr Appointment number 9 today.
This is a check to see if I need to get my other hip replaced now.  Do have skin Dr. and Urologist next month.  Getting it all checked before I have to find new ones.
That’s a damn good idea for sure, major undertaking to find new ones.
Luckily he'll have some time on his hands.
I'll be busy!  I got plans.  Get togethers with LowCountryDave and such!
Nobody realizes how busy retirement is until they try it.

Getting new doctors scheduled is a Major pain in the ass and very time consuming.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 07:28:36 AM
Won't be around in the morning tomorrow.  Getting up and heading right out.  Get a jump of full day of driving.
I am planning to go fishing tomorrow morning.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 07:40:42 AM
For many years the Boy and I have frequently had a little birthday celebration for him at the Ft Lauderdale Boat Show which is always scheduled around his birthday time in early November.  Got reservations all set yesterday.  Cigars, steaks and good whiskey!
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 07:42:03 AM
Dog to the vet at 3:30 this afternoon.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 26, 2019, 07:45:47 AM
My son got food poisoning after his graduation from middle school. It was so bad I thought it was appendicitis. Happened 1 hour after eating breakfast on Monday.
That completely sucks. At least you were home. Is he doing better now?
He's home and still not well but hopefully better today.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 26, 2019, 07:48:20 AM
Sorry to hear about the son Rick.  Never a good time.
Thanks Dave. I hope you guys have a good start to your day. I have to put out some fires. See ya in a bit.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 08:26:59 AM
Won't be around in the morning tomorrow.  Getting up and heading right out.  Get a jump of full day of driving.
Since we're sharing... Early flip for Saturday being that I will be up in the air at midnight EDT.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 08:54:25 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 09:02:09 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 09:03:24 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
I think that's normal for July and August.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 09:04:37 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
still $2.43 here.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 09:46:18 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
still $2.43 here.
Well, only $2.29 here after the increase.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 09:47:46 AM
Had my walk and showered, now on the balcony with a Jose L. Piedra Lit and a Diet Coke.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 09:49:17 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
still $2.43 here.
Well, only $2.29 here after the increase.
damn.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 26, 2019, 10:02:36 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
still $2.43 here.
Well, only $2.29 here after the increase.
damn.
Paid $2.11 here yesterday.  I've seen it as low as $2.08.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 26, 2019, 10:04:36 AM
Morning boys.  I'll be somewhat scarce today.  I know you're disappointed but too bad (TWSS).
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2019, 10:05:44 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 10:05:53 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
still $2.43 here.
Well, only $2.29 here after the increase.
damn.
Paid $2.11 here yesterday.  I've seen it as low as $2.08.
damn damn
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 10:08:14 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
still $2.43 here.
Well, only $2.29 here after the increase.
damn.
Paid $2.11 here yesterday.  I've seen it as low as $2.08.
damn damn
I paid $2.06 Friday.  That should ring up as a Triple Damn!
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 10:08:30 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 10:09:32 AM
Morning Bean’O
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2019, 10:09:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz
Morning, Tex. Wish I could spend the morning on my deck. This workin' schitt is for the birds.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 10:11:00 AM
Brown box with my new knife will be delivered tomorrow.👍
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 10:11:25 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz
Morning, Tex. Wish I could spend the morning on my deck. This workin' schitt is for the birds.
So I have been told.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 10:29:16 AM
quick $300 between groceries, meds, and gasoline. sheesh.
Gasoline went up 23¢ a gallon yesterday at my regular Station.
still $2.43 here.
Well, only $2.29 here after the increase.
damn.
Paid $2.11 here yesterday.  I've seen it as low as $2.08.
damn damn
I paid $2.06 Friday.  That should ring up as a Triple Damn!
it does.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 26, 2019, 10:29:44 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Lefty.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2019, 10:31:07 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Lefty.
Indeed. Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 10:45:00 AM
Morning boys.  I'll be somewhat scarce today.  I know you're disappointed but too bad (TWSS).
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 10:45:26 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola Lefty.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 10:46:39 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Lefty.
I thought I was being original. Damn damn damn damn!
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 10:55:30 AM
Holt’s Daily Deals have become as big-a-joke as all the rest of the bunch.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: razgueado on June 26, 2019, 11:03:54 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Lefty.
I thought I was being original. Damn damn damn damn!
That ship sailed long ago, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 12:55:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the son Rick.  Never a good time.
Thanks Dave. I hope you guys have a good start to your day. I have to put out some fires. See ya in a bit.
Hopefully figuratively.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 12:56:25 PM
Morning WristRocketRaz.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 12:57:03 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 01:01:09 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 26, 2019, 01:02:23 PM
Beth Chapman, star of reality series “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” has died at 51
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 01:38:57 PM
Beth Chapman, star of reality series “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” has died at 51
Don't know anything about the person nor the show but it is definitely too young to die at that age.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 02:19:47 PM
Beth Chapman, star of reality series “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” has died at 51
Don't know anything about the person nor the show but it is definitely too young to die at that age.
I waited too long and had to look it up myself. Sheesh. Apparently she had stage 4 lung cancer. That's a horrible way to go.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 02:45:48 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
This weekend - SC
July 6 - holiday weekend, family in town, get togethers
July 13 - birthday party in Mass. for grandkids.  I get to take my parents up.
July 22-23 movers
July 23 surgery
Aug 6 House closing
New house ready/move in before or after Labor Day.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 03:05:28 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
This weekend - SC
July 6 - holiday weekend, family in town, get togethers
July 13 - birthday party in Mass. for grandkids.  I get to take my parents up.
July 22-23 movers
July 23 surgery
Aug 6 House closing
New house ready/move in before or after Labor Day.
Do I have to memorize this?

By the way, there's nothing in there about a herf.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 26, 2019, 03:24:28 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
This weekend - SC
July 6 - holiday weekend, family in town, get togethers
July 13 - birthday party in Mass. for grandkids.  I get to take my parents up.
July 22-23 movers
July 23 surgery
Aug 6 House closing
New house ready/move in before or after Labor Day.
Do I have to memorize this?

By the way, there's nothing in there about a herf.
Not to mention his daily banter responsibilities.  On-this-date and birthdays better not take a back seat to the rest of this foolishness.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 03:34:58 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
This weekend - SC
July 6 - holiday weekend, family in town, get togethers
July 13 - birthday party in Mass. for grandkids.  I get to take my parents up.
July 22-23 movers
July 23 surgery
Aug 6 House closing
New house ready/move in before or after Labor Day.
Do I have to memorize this?

By the way, there's nothing in there about a herf.
Not to mention his daily banter responsibilities.  On-this-date and birthdays better not take a back seat to the rest of this foolishness.
Right?!?
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 04:00:00 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
This weekend - SC
July 6 - holiday weekend, family in town, get togethers
July 13 - birthday party in Mass. for grandkids.  I get to take my parents up.
July 22-23 movers
July 23 surgery
Aug 6 House closing
New house ready/move in before or after Labor Day.
Do I have to memorize this?

By the way, there's nothing in there about a herf.
Not to mention his daily banter responsibilities.  On-this-date and birthdays better not take a back seat to the rest of this foolishness.
Gosh, I feel like I'm still employed.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 04:01:02 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
This weekend - SC
July 6 - holiday weekend, family in town, get togethers
July 13 - birthday party in Mass. for grandkids.  I get to take my parents up.
July 22-23 movers
July 23 surgery
Aug 6 House closing
New house ready/move in before or after Labor Day.
Do I have to memorize this?

By the way, there's nothing in there about a herf.
That will be between August 6 and Labor Day.  Is that a wide enough window to find some availability in your schedule?
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 04:03:40 PM
Well, hip surgery scheduled for July 23.
Hmmm, I thought that was about moving time.
This weekend - SC
July 6 - holiday weekend, family in town, get togethers
July 13 - birthday party in Mass. for grandkids.  I get to take my parents up.
July 22-23 movers
July 23 surgery
Aug 6 House closing
New house ready/move in before or after Labor Day.
Do I have to memorize this?

By the way, there's nothing in there about a herf.
That will be between August 6 and Labor Day.  Is that a wide enough window to find some availability in your schedule?
It still won't be easy but we'll make it work. All joking aside, August is tough.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on June 26, 2019, 07:42:16 PM
Too bad I didn’t stock up.  Enjoyed a bowl of McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake.  Sad commentary on the state of the tobacco industry.  The McNeils closed their doors after 40 years.  Can’t get the quality of tobacco to blend their product.

Oh, and howdy.  Haven’t been too sociable with the thumb thing and my on going sleep disorder.  Really nothing personal.  Love nothing better than some herfing and tailgating.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 26, 2019, 08:36:46 PM
Too bad I didn’t stock up.  Enjoyed a bowl of McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake.  Sad commentary on the state of the tobacco industry.  The McNeils closed their doors after 40 years.  Can’t get the quality of tobacco to blend their product.

Oh, and howdy.  Haven’t been too sociable with the thumb thing and my on going sleep disorder.  Really nothing personal.  Love nothing better than some herfing and tailgating.
Nice of you to stop by, Mike. Hope the thumbs are better and you'll be back to hitchhiking before too long.
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on June 26, 2019, 09:10:26 PM
Too bad I didn’t stock up.  Enjoyed a bowl of McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake.  Sad commentary on the state of the tobacco industry.  The McNeils closed their doors after 40 years.  Can’t get the quality of tobacco to blend their product.

Oh, and howdy.  Haven’t been too sociable with the thumb thing and my on going sleep disorder.  Really nothing personal.  Love nothing better than some herfing and tailgating.
Nice of you to stop by, Mike. Hope the thumbs are better and you'll be back to hitchhiking before too long.
Got the thumb brace off but still scarring over and hairinng over.  Was like sticking your hand in a sock and trying to do all those thousands of things you always do.  Right hand only requires one fusion.   Gonna try to ride that one out till the left hand is all healed.

Kids are on the move.  Tim finished his ROTC assignment and is heading back to Ft. Benning to be XO of a training battalion.  Went to Tim’s graduation for his MBA. special program for working stiffs.  Includes a Chinese university and the University of Vienna.  Colin got called in one day and was let go but was hired back the next day to work on the team that is running the outsourcing in all places Bangalore (Bengaluru) India.  He is there through August at least.  Big changes in the movie distribution world.

How’s the fam?  Those kids have really grown.  Gonna have a plethora of retired Davs down Carolina way
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 10:02:11 PM
From SBC...

July 4th Specials!
We have four different specials running from now until midnight on July 4th!

With IPCPR 2019 around the corner, please be aware that our shipping turn around time will be a little longer than usual due to us being down to a skeleton crew.

CODE: 4TH = 15% plus 5% reward points and one Caldwell Pacific Standard with no minimum

CODE: RED = 20% off plus 5% reward points and one Arturo Fuente Don Carlos The Man on purchases $175+ (limited uses available)

CODE: WHITE = 22% off plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Paragon Gordo on purchases $275+ (limited uses available)

CODE: BLUE = 24% off plus plus 5% reward points and Davidoff Royal Release Robusto on purchases $500+ (limited uses available)
Title: Re: 6/26/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 26, 2019, 10:03:19 PM
Too bad I didn’t stock up.  Enjoyed a bowl of McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake.  Sad commentary on the state of the tobacco industry.  The McNeils closed their doors after 40 years.  Can’t get the quality of tobacco to blend their product.

Oh, and howdy.  Haven’t been too sociable with the thumb thing and my on going sleep disorder.  Really nothing personal.  Love nothing better than some herfing and tailgating.
Glad you stopped in!  Good Evening CB.