CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: 8/1/2014  (Read 27195 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »

Morning folks. Happy Friday and all that.

Morning, Dave.  I believe the SL Oval pyramid/torpedo I had last night was actually from you.  Funny you said that size didn't really work for you, but as I was smoking it I was thinking to myself that the Ovals (in all of its wrappers) seem to do better in larger sizes.  I liked the pyramid more than the robusto but not quite as much as the corona.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »

Friday!  Morning, all.
Morning, Joe.

Hey there, Dave.  You posting from the hospital or work?
Work, thankfully. Hope no more hospital time for awhile. Starting to get a little too familiar with that place.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »

Friday!  Morning, all.
Morning, Joe.

Hey there, Dave.  You posting from the hospital or work?
Work, thankfully. Hope no more hospital time for awhile. Starting to get a little too familiar with that place.

I bet.  Glad to hear the wife is on the mend. 

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »

Morning, Dave.  I believe the SL Oval pyramid/torpedo I had last night was actually from you.  Funny you said that size didn't really work for you, but as I was smoking it I was thinking to myself that the Ovals (in all of its wrappers) seem to do better in larger sizes.  I liked the pyramid more than the robusto but not quite as much as the corona.
No shit? Didn't realize I sent you one of those.....knew I sent you an oval way back when. Maybe they aged well, wtf do I know. Just didn't care for them as much as the robbie. BUT, glad you liked it!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »

No shit? Didn't realize I sent you one of those.....knew I sent you an oval way back when. Maybe they aged well, wtf do I know. Just didn't care for them as much as the robbie. BUT, glad you liked it!

It's all subjective, anyway.  Never got around to smoking it because of the size, I guess, and I probably wouldn't buy the pyramids because of that fact, but it was good.  Real slow burner, too.  Took up my entire class and then some, so that was nice.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »

It's all subjective, anyway.  Never got around to smoking it because of the size, I guess, and I probably wouldn't buy the pyramids because of that fact, but it was good.  Real slow burner, too.  Took up my entire class and then some, so that was nice.
Really expanding your horizons and cigar sizes this year.  Inches, big Ovals.....maybe I have to bring you a Cuban Stock Chubby or an Asylum 13 Gordo.....

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »

Really expanding your horizons and cigar sizes this year.  Inches, big Ovals.....maybe I have to bring you a Cuban Stock Chubby or an Asylum 13 Gordo.....
A Torano BFC sounds right up his alley.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »

I think i have one of those Chubbys... double perfecto?  I figure, if I'm stuck outside 'in class' for 2+ hours, I may as well smoke something that'll last the entire time.  The Inch Short Run was because I've loved every single previous Short Run release, had to try the Inch SR at least once. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »

You're giving Joe a chubby?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:30 AM »

He already did.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2014, 11:19:48 AM »

Put him in the asylum if you are giving him a chubby.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »

He already did.
I like giving them out as they're not real expensive and well, the name takes care of everything else.  In truth though, they are a very enjoyable med. - med/full smoke.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »

He already did.
I like giving them out as they're not real expensive and well, the name takes care of everything else.  In truth though, they are a very enjoyable med. - med/full smoke.

I'll smoke it in one of next week's classes. 

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »

Smoking a chubby - wasn't that a FredBob avi?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15