CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: 7/27/2014  (Read 26533 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 7/27/2014
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »

just got off the phone with the owner of the park. she has two concerns. 1 - the deposit hasn't arrived yet. mailed Wednesday, probably USPS at it's finest. 2 - she's wondering if I'd be interested in helping with park maintenance, mowing, painting, etc. park manager going on vacation about the time I arrive.
Mail takes 5 working days when I send things to my sone in SC so I would certainly expect 5-6 days for yours.  Anything important I at least send priority now days.  A little side work might give you cigar money and keep you out of trouble.
told her I would do what I could to help her out, but the last thing I want to do is work for a living.
That is not working for a living that is working for cigars.

dwgbryant

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2014, 09:52:07 AM »

Nicaraguan Sweet 2nd on fire with more coffee.
You smoking in the rain?
sun came out, 75° here now.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2014, 09:53:17 AM »

And finally.....good morning.
TexDave you from LA LA Land or Louisiana?
Louisiana
hell you ain't to far from home then.
Would seem that way but TX is a big ass place and it is almost 400 miles to home which is just 25 miles from the TX border.
true, but if you were from Los angeles you'd need to travel to another planet.
If I was from CA I would be from a planet to which I did not have desire to ever return anyway.  1200 people a day move to TX and 125 of them to Austin with a huge percentage of them from CA and never heard of any wanting to go back.  I worked on a project out there for 7 months and it Is a geographically beautiful place but otherwise not for me.
The Mrs. is always watching HGTV and most recently a show called, "Fixer Upper".  Now she wants to move to Waco.
There are worse places in TX but that is certainly not the best IMHO.
It don't matter because we ain't going nowhere.  She just loves the style of houses they fix up and the prices seem to be extremely reasonable too.
It does have a lower cost of living than most urbanized areas of Central Texas, perhaps because nobody wants to live there.
LOL.  That'll do it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »

Louisiana
Would seem that way but TX is a big ass place and it is almost 400 miles to home which is just 25 miles from the TX border.
If I was from CA I would be from a planet to which I did not have desire to ever return anyway.  1200 people a day move to TX and 125 of them to Austin with a huge percentage of them from CA and never heard of any wanting to go back.  I worked on a project out there for 7 months and it Is a geographically beautiful place but otherwise not for me.
The Mrs. is always watching HGTV and most recently a show called, "Fixer Upper".  Now she wants to move to Waco.
It don't matter because we ain't going nowhere.  She just loves the style of houses they fix up and the prices seem to be extremely reasonable too.
Does she actually think those shows represent "reality"?

dwgbryant

« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »

just got off the phone with the owner of the park. she has two concerns. 1 - the deposit hasn't arrived yet. mailed Wednesday, probably USPS at it's finest. 2 - she's wondering if I'd be interested in helping with park maintenance, mowing, painting, etc. park manager going on vacation about the time I arrive.
Mail takes 5 working days when I send things to my sone in SC so I would certainly expect 5-6 days for yours.  Anything important I at least send priority now days.  A little side work might give you cigar money and keep you out of trouble.
told her I would do what I could to help her out, but the last thing I want to do is work for a living.
That is not working for a living that is working for cigars.
she had mentioned that the park manager has kind of 'slacked off' a little. maybe he's getting tired and needs an assistant.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2014, 09:58:20 AM »

Nicaraguan Sweet 2nd on fire with more coffee.
You smoking in the rain?
sun came out, 75° here now.
Damn it's only 78 here this morning but we will probably bust 100 today.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »

Louisiana
I wish that were the least of her problems.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2014, 10:03:24 AM »

Well I've procrastinated enough, the waffles aren't gonna make themselves.  Check in on yuz later.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »

Louisiana
LOL.  The economy of Waco consists of a large private Baptist College (Baylor), a 6 lane Interstate carrying huge numbers of through traffic, 2 Hospitals,  2 Truck stops, 1 good dive restaurant with the best chicken fried steak in the area, a bunch of mostly chain restaurants and Ft Hood a nearby giant Army Training Base with geographic conditions similar to the Middle East. Oh yeah they do have the Texas Ranger Museum there which is pretty neat.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »

Guess I will get out of here too and walk the dogs before it gets too hot.  I am feeling some good Mexican food for lunch.  Bbl form the pool have a good Sunday everyone.

dwgbryant

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:20 AM »

think I'll head down to the lake for a swim.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2014, 10:55:15 AM »

Good morning Short stack.
Good Morning Sir,Trust you had a fun filled day of mowing.
But of course I did, there is nothing like riding around in circles all day in the sun. I can't wait for the winter time.
I can.....as I won't be in Florida with Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »

Sounds a lot like the way you spend your time now....minus the nuts of course.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »

Louisiana
Not including you of course...

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2014, 11:13:26 AM »

paid in cookies and cigars.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14