CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: 7/27/2014  (Read 26459 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 7/27/2014
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2014, 09:05:26 AM »

31 days.
till Yankee town? SWEET!
Needs to get his ass packing.
got it ready to go.
Good Deal you need to get out before the leaves turn.

dwgbryant

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »

just got off the phone with the owner of the park. she has two concerns. 1 - the deposit hasn't arrived yet. mailed Wednesday, probably USPS at it's finest. 2 - she's wondering if I'd be interested in helping with park maintenance, mowing, painting, etc. park manager going on vacation about the time I arrive.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »

And finally.....good morning.
TexDave you from LA LA Land or Louisiana?
Louisiana
hell you ain't to far from home then.
Would seem that way but TX is a big ass place and it is almost 400 miles to home which is just 25 miles from the TX border.
true, but if you were from Los angeles you'd need to travel to another planet.
If I was from CA I would be from a planet to which I did not have desire to ever return anyway.  1200 people a day move to TX and 125 of them to Austin with a huge percentage of them from CA and never heard of any wanting to go back.  I worked on a project out there for 7 months and it Is a geographically beautiful place but otherwise not for me.
The Mrs. is always watching HGTV and most recently a show called, "Fixer Upper".  Now she wants to move to Waco.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »

just got off the phone with the owner of the park. she has two concerns. 1 - the deposit hasn't arrived yet. mailed Wednesday, probably USPS at it's finest. 2 - she's wondering if I'd be interested in helping with park maintenance, mowing, painting, etc. park manager going on vacation about the time I arrive.
She's got your number, boy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2014, 09:41:21 AM »

And good morning, folks.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »

Mail takes 5 working days when I send things to my sone in SC so I would certainly expect 5-6 days for yours.  Anything important I at least send priority now days.  A little side work might give you cigar money and keep you out of trouble.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2014, 09:43:09 AM »

Louisiana
Would seem that way but TX is a big ass place and it is almost 400 miles to home which is just 25 miles from the TX border.
If I was from CA I would be from a planet to which I did not have desire to ever return anyway.  1200 people a day move to TX and 125 of them to Austin with a huge percentage of them from CA and never heard of any wanting to go back.  I worked on a project out there for 7 months and it Is a geographically beautiful place but otherwise not for me.
The Mrs. is always watching HGTV and most recently a show called, "Fixer Upper".  Now she wants to move to Waco.
There are worse places in TX but that is certainly not the best IMHO.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »

dwgbryant

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »

And good morning, folks.
good morning Tony. hope things have settled down some for you.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2014, 09:46:07 AM »

Louisiana
It don't matter because we ain't going nowhere.  She just loves the style of houses they fix up and the prices seem to be extremely reasonable too.

dwgbryant

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »

Mail takes 5 working days when I send things to my sone in SC so I would certainly expect 5-6 days for yours.  Anything important I at least send priority now days.  A little side work might give you cigar money and keep you out of trouble.
told her I would do what I could to help her out, but the last thing I want to do is work for a living.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2014, 09:47:42 AM »

And good morning, folks.
good morning Tony. hope things have settled down some for you.
They have.  Hoping not to have to make another trip like that one soon because my mom isn't well either.

dwgbryant

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »

Nicaraguan Sweet 2nd on fire with more coffee.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »

Nicaraguan Sweet 2nd on fire with more coffee.
You smoking in the rain?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »

Louisiana
It don't matter because we ain't going nowhere.  She just loves the style of houses they fix up and the prices seem to be extremely reasonable too.
It does have a lower cost of living than most urbanized areas of Central Texas, perhaps because nobody wants to live there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14