Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »

hmm, 2 brown boxes on my desk.  1 = bid box with uncuts, cao blacks, FdlA's and nica rusticas.  2nd box = 15 Cle curentas cg's   the only thing to go right today.
NICE!!

« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »

some of the things we do, last week, besides buying some foreign currency with Gabrielle,
taught her banking necessities.  She has a debit card, she uses for Amazon purchases, tied to
a kids checking account(no fees, no minimum balance).  her mother opened it with her. she had
never deposited money into it. took her to the bank to deposit cash and checks, she had been sitting on
since her birthday.  Girl had more cash than me.  Anyway made sure she learned how to use her debit
card at an ATM.  she wasn't sure what her passcode was, better she try out the wrong ones here,
rather than in London or Paris. She got it on the 2nd try. Also had to tell the bank she might use
the ATM card in London or Paris, or Wales or Ireland.   didn't remember doing this with the first two kids
16 years ago.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/6/2015
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »

some of the things we do, last week, besides buying some foreign currency with Gabrielle,
taught her banking necessities.  She has a debit card, she uses for Amazon purchases, tied to
a kids checking account(no fees, no minimum balance).  her mother opened it with her. she had
never deposited money into it. took her to the bank to deposit cash and checks, she had been sitting on
since her birthday.  Girl had more cash than me.  Anyway made sure she learned how to use her debit
card at an ATM.  she wasn't sure what her passcode was, better she try out the wrong ones here,
rather than in London or Paris. She got it on the 2nd try. Also had to tell the bank she might use
the ATM card in London or Paris, or Wales or Ireland.   didn't remember doing this with the first two kids
16 years ago.
That's because they didn't have "lending institutions" back then, they had banks who actually tried to help you save and use money.

« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2015, 03:55:36 PM »

[...]
Actually, we have the nice bank that stays open late and does the free coin counting
any has lots of pens on the desk to take with you, plus the lollipops both purple and green.
No bank gives you any interest to speak of.  remember when they use to give away blenders,
toasters, color TV's when you opened an account. and you got 4-5% interest too!

« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2015, 04:16:15 PM »

take care guys, have a good one...
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 4/6/2015
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2015, 04:20:53 PM »

take care guys, have a good one...
You too Flip.  I'm choosing one of the CAO blacks for the ride home and signing off as well.

« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »

hmm, 2 brown boxes on my desk.  1 = bid box with uncuts, cao blacks, FdlA's and nica rusticas.  2nd box = 15 Cle curentas cg's   the only thing to go right today.
But that's very, very right.

« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »

Well, about time to be heading toward the airport myself.  Hope to watch the game from the airplane.

« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2015, 04:46:53 PM »

Have a good evening all.

« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »

Have a good evening all.
Have a safe flight, Dave.

« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »

« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »

I'm heading out myself.  Ciao.

« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »

Don't think we're going to make 18 today.

« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »

Afternoon Raz looks like you were left to keep the lights on.

Just got home and lit me a CyB listening to some BB King.   Waved at the Alamo today for you. :)

« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »

Afternoon Raz looks like you were left to keep the lights on.

Just got home and lit me a CyB listening to some BB King.   Waved at the Alamo today for you. :)
Aw, thanks.  And I've got a new pair of Lucchese Ostrich-leg boots coming in Wednesday.  It's just an all-around Texas kind of week for me.

CyB and BB King.  Damn.  You're having a fine end to your day.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15