CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: 3/24/2015  (Read 38814 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/24/2015
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »

Page flip PW.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2015, 07:17:22 PM »

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #302 on: March 24, 2015, 07:25:30 PM »

Fuk'n meetings.

Tell me about it. Sheesh. Almost done for the day though. "coming down the home stretch!"  8)
+ Fucking 1
Fucking 1 what?  Now you're getting as vague as Dean...
+1 for "Fuk'n meetings" and the "Sheesh. Almost done for the day though" comments but I added a "Fucking" for emphasis.  And with that, I'm finally outta here too.
Yo, trash mouth.
I resemble that remark.
Indeed.
More like a bunch of cranky old hens.
Nuthin' but roosters here.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »

Fuk'n meetings.

Tell me about it. Sheesh. Almost done for the day though. "coming down the home stretch!"  8)
+ Fucking 1
Fucking 1 what?  Now you're getting as vague as Dean...
+1 for "Fuk'n meetings" and the "Sheesh. Almost done for the day though" comments but I added a "Fucking" for emphasis.  And with that, I'm finally outta here too.
Yo, trash mouth.
I resemble that remark.
Indeed.
More like a bunch of cranky old hens.
Nuthin' but roosters here.
..and cranky.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2015, 08:16:37 PM »

My rooster azz is dragging, 11-1/2 hours on the road today but made it home.  Probably my last cross country drive unless I got 4-5 days to do it.

And I ain't taking the warden in the same car either. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2015, 08:21:10 PM »

My rooster azz is dragging, 11-1/2 hours on the road today but made it home.  Probably my last cross country drive unless I got 4-5 days to do it.

Ouch. Glad you made it home safe. Broke, but safe.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2015, 08:48:18 PM »

More like BROKE but we had a hell of a fun 4 days of wedding activities.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2015, 08:49:26 PM »

More like BROKE
But home, hey, have a cigar.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »

More like BROKE
But home, hey, have a cigar.
Hey Dave, too Damn tired going to bed.  4 days of drinking and dancing with the significantly younger girls and 4-1/2 days of driving.  Too old for that chit.  Best thing is the warden is not talking to me.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2015, 08:54:12 PM »

Almost 90 degrees here when I got home.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2015, 08:58:26 PM »

Flip, I think the most important question here is, what does your son currently enjoy??  Being new or not really knowing is a valid answer, too.  So much variety that you could give him the most expensive Islay scotch on the market and he'll hate it if he doesn't care for that style.
last couple of bottles I've given to him and
 my daughters husband, they all enjoyed. but I am note sure
if Seth is still at Shoppers vineyard(he used to recommend good scotch).
One bottle was Monkey Shoulder, others were a Johnie Walker sampler,
he does like the platinum and the blue.
And, of course, there are always those who turn up their noses at Johnnie Walker, which is absurd.  It's okay to not like a particular blend, or to prefer single malts, or whatever.  Your taste buds, your choice.  But to insult the blends as somehow genetically inferior to the single malts is absurd, since Johnny Walker is made from them.  If I recall correctly, Macallan figures heavily in all the JW blends, with Talisker a close second and a major component of the Double Black and the Green Label.  And since the blends all consist of dozens of sources, it's statistically likely that anyone's particular favorite single malt is in there somewhere.

A few weeks ago I was at a herf drinking some really good scotch, and some yahoo tagalong started waxing poetic about how single malt is scotch in its most pure, historic form.  The boy obviously didn't know his whiskey history...or science.

I laugh at snobs of any kind.  If it's good, who the hell cares what it is?  Funny how in America, blended batches are ok (though I know they're not quite the same as scotch blends), but "independent bottlers" are shunned.  Blends not cool with scotches, but "bottlers", or non-distiller producers, are common from what I understand. 

If you like it, drink it.  If not, don't.  Simple as that.  This goes back to my comment when I first logged in today, generally people like this just regurgitate what they hear elsewhere.  Got lots of bourbon drinkers in our group that turn away anything "sourced".  If it's better than some shit that isn't, why turn it away?
Not the snob type but I don't drink blended scotch cause I don't like it and it makes me hurt the next day.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »

Flip, I think the most important question here is, what does your son currently enjoy??  Being new or not really knowing is a valid answer, too.  So much variety that you could give him the most expensive Islay scotch on the market and he'll hate it if he doesn't care for that style.
last couple of bottles I've given to him and
 my daughters husband, they all enjoyed. but I am note sure
if Seth is still at Shoppers vineyard(he used to recommend good scotch).
One bottle was Monkey Shoulder, others were a Johnie Walker sampler,
he does like the platinum and the blue.
And, of course, there are always those who turn up their noses at Johnnie Walker, which is absurd.  It's okay to not like a particular blend, or to prefer single malts, or whatever.  Your taste buds, your choice.  But to insult the blends as somehow genetically inferior to the single malts is absurd, since Johnny Walker is made from them.  If I recall correctly, Macallan figures heavily in all the JW blends, with Talisker a close second and a major component of the Double Black and the Green Label.  And since the blends all consist of dozens of sources, it's statistically likely that anyone's particular favorite single malt is in there somewhere.

A few weeks ago I was at a herf drinking some really good scotch, and some yahoo tagalong started waxing poetic about how single malt is scotch in its most pure, historic form.  The boy obviously didn't know his whiskey history...or science.

I laugh at snobs of any kind.  If it's good, who the hell cares what it is?  Funny how in America, blended batches are ok (though I know they're not quite the same as scotch blends), but "independent bottlers" are shunned.  Blends not cool with scotches, but "bottlers", or non-distiller producers, are common from what I understand. 

If you like it, drink it.  If not, don't.  Simple as that.  This goes back to my comment when I first logged in today, generally people like this just regurgitate what they hear elsewhere.  Got lots of bourbon drinkers in our group that turn away anything "sourced".  If it's better than some shit that isn't, why turn it away?
Not the snob type but I don't drink blended scotch cause I don't like it and it makes me hurt the next day.
Hopefully there was not much hurting during the weekend.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2015, 11:07:54 PM »

Good evening, gents.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2015, 11:13:10 PM »

Evening Tony, how goes it in NJ?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2015, 11:18:17 PM »

Evening Tony, how goes it in NJ?
It's very nice out.  About 40° but no wind at all.  I'm enjoying a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet pantela from the year of the flood.  How's CA treating you?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22