Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2022, 12:26:26 PM »

Three today!

Wordle 438 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Impressive. Like OHDave, I just barely got this one.

Wordle 438 6/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Your graph looks just like my wife's.
Like an upside down middle finger?

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2022, 12:29:12 PM »

Okay, I admit I cheated...sorta. I saw that others were struggling with it today, and that affected my third guess. I had come up with ten possible words, and I chose the one that had the most infrequently used letter.

Wordle 438 3/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Nothing wrong with being observant. Arthur Conan Doyle made a name for himself along those same lines.

I suppose, but it still feels wrong. It feels like I hacked it rather than played. If this was a poker game, it would just be smart play. But it isn't poker.

The odds said the yellow on my second guess should be in the fifth position, which was helped by the fact that I couldn't think of any words in which it would be in the first position. That turned out to be the case, and given my wrong letters I'd reduced the possibilities to 8 words. That's still a lot of choices.  But having seen your and Tony's travails, I chose the one with the least-used letter. It could as easily have been wrong, I suppose, and I'd have been reduced to whiffing and cutting divots until I ran out of strokes. But it still feels wrong.

I need to be more careful not to see anyone's results before I play. I mean, it's not often that the result graphs are a clue, but today they were.
I try not to look. I've definitely been influenced and played a very different game after looking. Sometimes to my benefit and other times not.

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2022, 12:29:36 PM »

But here we are on Page 3.

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2022, 01:05:37 PM »

Three today!

Wordle 438 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Impressive. Like OHDave, I just barely got this one.

Wordle 438 6/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Your graph looks just like my wife's.
Like an upside down middle finger?
Very similar. This was hers:

Wordle 438 6/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »

[...]

I've done the same thing, usually to my detriment. Because when I start thinking about how someone else played it instead of how I did, it can be harder to figure it out.

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2022, 01:10:14 PM »

And while we're still on the topic of Wordle:

My statistics are showing that I only have a 2-day steak when I know it's more than 20. My son told me he's experiencing the same. Anyone else?

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2022, 01:17:45 PM »

And while we're still on the topic of Wordle:

My statistics are showing that I only have a 2-day steak when I know it's more than 20. My son told me he's experiencing the same. Anyone else?
Not me, my current streak shows as 19.

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2022, 01:19:41 PM »

And while we're still on the topic of Wordle:

My statistics are showing that I only have a 2-day steak when I know it's more than 20. My son told me he's experiencing the same. Anyone else?
Not me, my current streak shows as 19.
I may have to send them my banter posts as proof.

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2022, 01:30:13 PM »

And while we're still on the topic of Wordle:

My statistics are showing that I only have a 2-day steak when I know it's more than 20. My son told me he's experiencing the same. Anyone else?
Not me, my current streak shows as 19.
I may have to send them my banter posts as proof.
LALTS

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2022, 01:50:46 PM »

And while we're still on the topic of Wordle:

My statistics are showing that I only have a 2-day steak when I know it's more than 20. My son told me he's experiencing the same. Anyone else?
Not me, my current streak shows as 19.
Me either.

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2022, 02:18:01 PM »

Time to log out, then open house tonight. At least this year there's only one stop instead of 2 or 3. Hazzuh!

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2022, 05:52:42 PM »

Open house mega lull.

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2022, 06:00:29 PM »

Open house mega lull.
We don't do those until after school starts.

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2022, 07:25:32 PM »

Open house mega lull.
We don't do those until after school starts.
Only a few more sleeps to go. I'll enjoy the quiet house all day, but pay for it with having to pick them up every day.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2022, 08:18:58 PM »

Open house mega lull.
We don't do those until after school starts.
Only a few more sleeps to go. I'll enjoy the quiet house all day, but pay for it with having to pick them up every day.
Is tomorrow sleepover Thursday?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4