Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2022, 08:23:59 AM »

Fine start to the day.  Heading up to the son's a little later to see the new grand baby.

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2022, 08:42:15 AM »

Over/Under for today is 6
Raz Over/Under is 7
5

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2022, 08:42:48 AM »

Fine start to the day.  Heading up to the son's a little later to see the new grand baby.
Sounds like fun. Hopefully the DIL isn't one of these people worried about third-hand smoke.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2022, 08:47:55 AM »

Fine start to the day.  Heading up to the son's a little later to see the new grand baby.
Sounds like fun. Hopefully the DIL isn't one of these people worried about third-hand smoke.
Well.........
But she's passive aggressive so i can just pretend I don't get the hints.

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2022, 09:05:26 AM »

Fine start to the day.  Heading up to the son's a little later to see the new grand baby.
Sounds like fun. Hopefully the DIL isn't one of these people worried about third-hand smoke.
Well.........
But she's passive aggressive so i can just pretend I don't get the hints.
Perfect!

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2022, 09:27:48 AM »

Three today!

Wordle 438 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2022, 09:38:26 AM »

Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, TravellinDave.

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2022, 09:58:10 AM »

Three today!

Wordle 438 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Nailed it.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2022, 11:19:46 AM »

Three today!

Wordle 438 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Impressive. Like OHDave, I just barely got this one.

Wordle 438 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2022, 11:21:46 AM »

Three today!

Wordle 438 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Impressive. Like OHDave, I just barely got this one.

Wordle 438 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Your graph looks just like my wife's.

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2022, 11:34:32 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2022, 11:34:56 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2022, 11:37:39 AM »

Okay, I admit I cheated...sorta. I saw that others were struggling with it today, and that affected my third guess. I had come up with about ten possible words, and I chose the one that had the most infrequently used letter.

Wordle 438 3/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2022, 11:43:56 AM »

Okay, I admit I cheated...sorta. I saw that others were struggling with it today, and that affected my third guess. I had come up with ten possible words, and I chose the one that had the most infrequently used letter.

Wordle 438 3/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Nothing wrong with being observant. Arthur Conan Doyle made a name for himself along those same lines.

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2022, 11:59:04 AM »

Okay, I admit I cheated...sorta. I saw that others were struggling with it today, and that affected my third guess. I had come up with ten possible words, and I chose the one that had the most infrequently used letter.

Wordle 438 3/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Nothing wrong with being observant. Arthur Conan Doyle made a name for himself along those same lines.

I suppose, but it still feels wrong. It feels like I hacked it rather than played. If this was a poker game, it would just be smart play. But it isn't poker.

The odds said the yellow on my second guess should be in the fifth position, which was helped by the fact that I couldn't think of any words in which it would be in the first position. That turned out to be the case, and given my wrong letters I'd reduced the possibilities to 8 words. That's still a lot of choices.  But having seen your and Tony's travails, I chose the one with the least-used letter. It could as easily have been wrong, I suppose, and I'd have been reduced to whiffing and cutting divots until I ran out of strokes. But it still feels wrong.

I need to be more careful not to see anyone's results before I play. I mean, it's not often that the result graphs are a clue, but today they were.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4