Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2022, 09:13:10 PM »

Camacho Criollo

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2022, 09:29:09 PM »

Chore for the day is to install a new disposer in the kitchen. Fun times.
More power to you. I can't do any plumbing stuff like that, cause I can't get myself contorted enough to get under the sink. Or if I did, I feel like I'd never get back up.
Disposers are pretty easy, unless installed by assholes. Barring that, the work is done from a sitting position. Don't have to crawl in with it. Unplug from the wall, take out two screws for the drain pipe, loosen a third screw and pull the dishwasher hose off, slip a screwdriver into one of the eyes of the coupling and turn clockwise, and slip the old disposer out. Wipe up the inevitable drips. Disconnect the cord from the old disposer, wire it into the new one with wire caps, and anchor with electrical tape. Slip it into place and spin the coupler counterclockwise, hook the drain back up, hook the dishwasher hose back up. Make sure everything's tight, turn on the water, run the new disposer, and check for leaks. Done.

To make the wife sympathetic, scatter tools everywhere, cuss a lot, mutter about the damned engineers who design this shit, and pretend to hurt yourself a coupla times. Then, when it's done and you've put a the tools away, she'll say, "Thank you so much. It's wonderful. You're amazing. You should go have a drink and a cigar."
You've clearly never met my wife.
No, but clearly you've allowed her to become accustomed to expecting too much from you. Are you not getting the man-card advisory e-mail notifications?

I tend to mute most notifications.
Well, you're fucking this up for the rest of us, unless you can assure us that your wife is earning at least 40% of your household gross income. If that's the case, you can ignore any criticism from me.

My wife earns approximately 10% of the household gross income. And her niece and grandnephews are allowed to live in our home, with my full support, while we try to show them how to manage their lives. You know, like, you have to go to work and pay your bills on time and such, even if you're an expert welfare queen (which my wife's niece is, by every conceivable definition).

So the exchange for that is I get my laundry done and I get dinner cooked for me five nights a week, and I get appreciated for making sure the plumbing works, the cars run as they should, and the roof doesn't leak.

Yeah, I know, I'm a sexist, Fascist Republican asshole.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 4/2/2022
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2022, 09:33:50 PM »

....HoLa and HaPPy Saturday....   TeX in da hood, oh and Pour'N....WiNk

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2022, 09:35:43 PM »

....HoLa and HaPPy Saturday....   TeX in da hood, oh and Pour'N....WiNk
Omigod, Tru? Is that really you?

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2022, 09:56:18 PM »

[...]

Talking take home pay, I'd say our split is probably about 70/30. But all benefits, 401k, college funds, etc come out of mine before that 70. And as she works evenings, most dinners are made by me, for myself and the kids.

As for household chores, most of those are also me. She has several medical concerns which make it difficult to her to conribute in that arena, so I do what I have to do to make sure the house runs as smoothly as possible with 3 daughters aged 12-15. According to most people over 55 or ardent viewers of Fox News or OANN, this makes me either a sucker, whipped or half a man. The opinions of these people, or anyone else for that matter, could not concern me less, so I take no offense to anything you said, critical or otherwise.

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2022, 09:57:04 PM »

....HoLa and HaPPy Saturday....   TeX in da hood, oh and Pour'N....WiNk
And to you as well, TD. I think.

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2022, 10:00:40 PM »

[...]

Serious medical concerns mitigate everything. Good onya.

I don't watch Fox news.

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2022, 10:17:18 PM »

[...]

You should check them out, they're apparently very popular these days.
Logged

TruDog

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • ...WooF...
Re: 4/2/2022
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2022, 10:18:36 PM »

....RaZZy, LuvToGooF....   miss the old Banter, still close with several, KC and I herF weekly.  Maybe you all could stop over at Cigar.com, sometime.  Yes you too NJD, miss you all.  Oh and Tone, you too Baby boYEE.

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2022, 10:28:09 PM »

....RaZZy, LuvToGooF....   miss the old Banter, still close with several, KC and I herF weekly.  Maybe you all could stop over at Cigar.com, sometime.  Yes you too NJD, miss you all.  Oh and Tone, you too Baby boYEE.
Didn't realize the Ccom banter was still alive and kicking.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]