Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 1/29/2021
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »

Just brought the boys to school. Feels like -10°F out there. Brutal.
Oof. That's school closing territory there.
That's T-shirt weather here :-)

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 09:36:08 AM »

Just brought the boys to school. Feels like -10°F out there. Brutal.
Oof. That's school closing territory there.
That's T-shirt weather here :-)
You're that guy who wears shorts in any weather, aren't you?

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 10:13:00 AM »

3500 I’ll call it a half birthday
Huh?
posts....you know how we would do the big congratulations on every 1000 posts. Sheesh use Dave decoder ring.
My bad. You'll have to excuse me, I was riding on fumes. Congrats on 3500.
LOL I don’t even know what I as saying
Not a problem around here.

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 10:14:07 AM »

It feels like 8° and I can hear the furnace doing its thing. Windy as hell out there and big snow expected at the beginning of next week. How's the groundhog supposed to see its shadow of he's buried in snow?
I think that's the point?

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 10:16:31 AM »

It feels like 8° and I can hear the furnace doing its thing. Windy as hell out there and big snow expected at the beginning of next week. How's the groundhog supposed to see its shadow of he's buried in snow?
Which is a good thing, cause doesn't him seeing his shadow mean more winter, for some reason? I remember it being backwards of what makes sense.
Oh, I have no clue.
Maybe they'll skip it this year due to the Rona, then decide to never do it again.
I was hoping that for daylight savings too.

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »

Perdomo Champagnes up again on CI. Can't tell on the mobile app if we're jamming or it's an all day offer?
All day pricy offer Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne Epicure (Toro) (6.0"x54)
Pack of 10 / $54.99.   Glad I picked up a couple of fivers on the Devil for $15.

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2021, 10:19:22 AM »

It feels like 8° and I can hear the furnace doing its thing. Windy as hell out there and big snow expected at the beginning of next week. How's the groundhog supposed to see its shadow of he's buried in snow?
Which is a good thing, cause doesn't him seeing his shadow mean more winter, for some reason? I remember it being backwards of what makes sense.
Oh, I have no clue.
Maybe they'll skip it this year due to the Rona, then decide to never do it again.
I was hoping that for daylight savings too.
Seriously, can that be undone with an executive order? If so, can't someone just slip it into Biden's pile?

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2021, 10:19:23 AM »

Perdomo Champagnes up again on CI. Can't tell on the mobile app if we're jamming or it's an all day offer?
No jam today.
I could have sworn these were the daily offering just in the last week...
Exactly one week ago.
Running out of options over there.
No real new cigar deals lull.
Our most common one now.
Well, next to lack of staffing lull... :(

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2021, 10:20:50 AM »

It feels like 8° and I can hear the furnace doing its thing. Windy as hell out there and big snow expected at the beginning of next week. How's the groundhog supposed to see its shadow of he's buried in snow?
Which is a good thing, cause doesn't him seeing his shadow mean more winter, for some reason? I remember it being backwards of what makes sense.
Oh, I have no clue.
Maybe they'll skip it this year due to the Rona, then decide to never do it again.
I was hoping that for daylight savings too.
Seriously, can that be undone with an executive order? If so, can't someone just slip it into Biden's pile?
So they pulled things out of Trumpf's pile and they sneak things into Joe's?

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2021, 10:20:58 AM »

Perdomo Champagnes up again on CI. Can't tell on the mobile app if we're jamming or it's an all day offer?
All day pricy offer Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne Epicure (Toro) (6.0"x54)
Pack of 10 / $54.99.   Glad I picked up a couple of fivers on the Devil for $15.
That's a much more reasonable price.

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2021, 10:21:36 AM »

OK, all caught up on a Friday morning, second cup of joe almost done, shower time.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2021, 10:21:59 AM »

But first, news....

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2021, 10:22:00 AM »

It feels like 8° and I can hear the furnace doing its thing. Windy as hell out there and big snow expected at the beginning of next week. How's the groundhog supposed to see its shadow of he's buried in snow?
Which is a good thing, cause doesn't him seeing his shadow mean more winter, for some reason? I remember it being backwards of what makes sense.
Oh, I have no clue.
Maybe they'll skip it this year due to the Rona, then decide to never do it again.
I was hoping that for daylight savings too.
Seriously, can that be undone with an executive order? If so, can't someone just slip it into Biden's pile?
So they pulled things out of Trumpf's pile and they sneak things into Joe's?
Whatever gets us to the point where I don't have to change a dozen clocks twice a year.

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2021, 10:24:46 AM »

Today is Friday, Jan. 29, the 29th day of 2021.
There are 336 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Jan. 29, 1979, President Jimmy Carter formally welcomed Chinese Vice Premier Deng Xiaoping (dung shah-oh-ping) to the White House, following the establishment of diplomatic relations.

On this date:
In 1820, King George III died at Windsor Castle at age 81; he was succeeded by his son, who became King George IV.
In 1845, Edgar Allan Poe’s famous narrative poem “The Raven” (”Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary…”) was first published in the New York Evening Mirror.
In 1919, the ratification of the 18th Amendment to the Constitution, which launched Prohibition, was certified by Acting Secretary of State Frank L. Polk.

In 1936, the first inductees of baseball’s Hall of Fame, including Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth, were named in Cooperstown, New York.
In 1963, the first charter members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame were named in Canton, Ohio (they were enshrined when the Hall opened in September 1963). Poet Robert Frost died in Boston at age 88.
In 1966, the musical comedy “Sweet Charity” starring Gwen Verdon opened on Broadway.

In 1975, a bomb exploded inside the U.S. State Department in Washington, causing considerable damage, but injuring no one; the radical group Weather Underground claimed responsibility.
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan announced in a nationally broadcast message that he and Vice President George H.W. Bush would seek re-election in the fall.
In 1998, a bomb rocked an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama, killing security guard Robert Sanderson and critically injuring nurse Emily Lyons. (The bomber, Eric Rudolph, was captured in May 2003 and is serving a life sentence.)

In 2002, in his first State of the Union address, President George W. Bush said terrorists were still threatening America [–] and he warned of “an axis of evil” consisting of North Korea, Iran and Iraq.
In 2006, ABC “World News Tonight” co-anchor Bob Woodruff and a cameraman were seriously injured in a roadside bombing in Iraq.
In 2015, Rod McKuen, whose music, verse and spoken-word recordings made him one of the best-selling poets in history, died at 81.

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2021, 10:25:51 AM »

Ten years ago: With protests raging, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak named his intelligence chief, Omar Suleiman, as his first-ever vice president. Kim Clijsters finally won her first Australian Open title and the fourth major of her career, as she beat Li Na 3-6, 6-3, 6-3. Avant-garde composer Milton Babbitt, 94, died in Princeton, N.J.

Five years ago: The Obama administration confirmed for the first time that Hillary Clinton’s home server contained closely guarded government secrets. An avalanche in the Canadian province of British Columbia left five people riding snowmobiles dead. Two American endurance athletes, Daniel Cartica of Chicago and Becca Pizzi of Belmont, Massachusetts, won the World Marathon Challenge by completing seven marathons in seven days on seven continents. French movie director Jacques Rivette, 87, died in Paris.

One year ago: A charter flight evacuating 195 Americans, including diplomats and their families, left the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the new viral outbreak; they would undergo three days of testing and monitoring at a California military base. World health officials expressed concern that the virus was starting to spread between people outside China. President Donald Trump’s lawyers asserted at his Senate trial that a trade of U.S. military aid for political favors – even if proven – could not be grounds for his impeachment. Trump signed into law the new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, a major rewrite of the rules of trade with Canada and Mexico.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6