Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
1/27/2020
« on: January 27, 2020, 12:06:13 AM »

Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 05:24:08 AM »

Happy Monday!
I ❤ Mondays!

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 05:33:15 AM »

evening Antnee.  Broke down and opened up my tin of Frog Morton’s Cellar. Damn, wish I’d laid in a supply.  Excellent, well balanced.  Keep hoping McClelland goes back in business.

You, me, and the entire pipe industry. They built a legacy and they don't want it tarnished. That is why we will never see McClelland back in business. It's the FDAs fault. No one saw it coming. All the sudden their blends were on backorder. Everyone just thought they would be back after they found the right red Virginia. Boy were we wrong.

https://www.tobacconistmagazine.com/end-of-an-era-mcclelland-tobacco-closes-its-doors/

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 05:59:44 AM »

Happy jammin' Monday!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 06:32:46 AM »

evening Antnee.  Broke down and opened up my tin of Frog Morton’s Cellar. Damn, wish I’d laid in a supply.  Excellent, well balanced.  Keep hoping McClelland goes back in business.

You, me, and the entire pipe industry. They built a legacy and they don't want it tarnished. That is why we will never see McClelland back in business. It's the FDAs fault. No one saw it coming. All the sudden their blends were on backorder. Everyone just thought they would be back after they found the right red Virginia. Boy were we wrong.

https://www.tobacconistmagazine.com/end-of-an-era-mcclelland-tobacco-closes-its-doors/
I almost bought that Frog Morton on CB's recommendation about 100 times. Always figured there would be time to get around to it. I have other McClelland blends that I'm pissed I'll never be able to get again. So sad.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 06:33:25 AM »

Good morning, Dean, Rick, and LTG.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 06:41:15 AM »

Good morning, Dean, Rick, and LTG.
good morning Tony, Dave, and Rick.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 07:20:29 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dean, and Dave. Plastic bag ban in place at most supermarkets starting today.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 07:23:41 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dean, and Dave. Plastic bag ban in place at most supermarkets starting today.
Save the turtles!

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 07:25:42 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dean, and Dave. Plastic bag ban in place at most supermarkets starting today.
We were supposed to have one starting at the beginning of the year, but they postponed it. Didn't stop some places from eliminating plastic bags on their own anyways, and wanting to charge 10 cents for a paper bag.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 07:26:39 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dean, and Dave. Plastic bag ban in place at most supermarkets starting today.
Save the turtles!

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 07:38:35 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dean, and Dave. Plastic bag ban in place at most supermarkets starting today.
We were supposed to have one starting at the beginning of the year, but they postponed it. Didn't stop some places from eliminating plastic bags on their own anyways, and wanting to charge 10 cents for a paper bag.
we have a Sav-A-Lot store where you bring your own bags or use their discarded cardboard boxes here.
but you can still use plastic straws ..... for now.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 07:40:05 AM »

Today is Sunday, Jan. 26, the 26th day of 2020. There are 340 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlights in History:
On Jan. 26, 2005, a U.S. Marine helicopter crashed in western Iraq, killing 30 Marines and a Navy medic aboard...

Kinda crazy...

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 07:56:55 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dean, and Dave. Plastic bag ban in place at most supermarkets starting today.
Welcome to Austin.  Their ban here was shot down by the Texas Supreme Court.  I no longer shop there so not sure what the situation is today.

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 07:58:38 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dean, and Dave. Plastic bag ban in place at most supermarkets starting today.
We were supposed to have one starting at the beginning of the year, but they postponed it. Didn't stop some places from eliminating plastic bags on their own anyways, and wanting to charge 10 cents for a paper bag.
we have a Sav-A-Lot store where you bring your own bags or use their discarded cardboard boxes here.
but you can still use plastic straws ..... for now.
We have those, too. This one though was the first big chain in the area to dispose of the plastic ones. They decided they were going to do it even though the ban was postponed. Probably, they'd set the wheels of change in motion and it would've been too costly to switch back once the ban was postponed. Lol
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7