CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: 5/24/2019  (Read 7691 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 5/24/2019
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 08:12:54 AM »

good morning Tony and PackedAndUnpackedDaves.
Good morning, Deano.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 08:13:17 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
Or it got hit by a missle.

Threebean

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
A tanker truck, too.  Could have been quite the conflagration depending on what he was carrying.

Threebean

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 08:16:15 AM »

The person in the four-wheeler was, as a retired cop friend of mine says, DRT.  (Dead Right There). 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 08:21:28 AM »

The person in the four-wheeler was, as a retired cop friend of mine says, DRT.  (Dead Right There).
Oh my, sorry to hear of it being a friend. 

Threebean

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 08:22:49 AM »

As long as we're looking at collisions of unequal opposing conveyances, here is video of the Midland TX area deputy responding to an emergency getting clocked by a train. He sustained only minor injuries.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1130941248888557568

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 08:22:55 AM »

morning Mark.

Threebean

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 08:23:51 AM »

No, not a friend was killed.  Read it again, Mr. Mayor.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »

A tanker truck, too.  Could have been quite the conflagration depending on what he was carrying.

The news I saw was not very clear, was it on 290 West in Oak Hill Area (near the Y) or west bound 290 near the Manor area?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 08:24:24 AM »

As long as we're looking at collisions of unequal opposing conveyances, here is video of the Midland TX area deputy responding to an emergency getting clocked by a train. He sustained only minor injuries.
caught that on the news yesterday.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 08:24:57 AM »

😂

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 08:27:03 AM »

I stand corrected, I was thinking “as” was a typo and should have been “is”. 

Yes, DRT is a common term for “bring the coroner to the site”.  Cops use it a lot with gang shootings.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »

caught that on the news yesterday.
I posted that several days ago Travellin Dave ;D

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2019, 08:29:24 AM »

So many people impersonating others today.

Threebean

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »

The news I saw was not very clear, was it on 290 West in Oak Hill Area (near the Y) or west bound 290 near the Manor area?
Oak Hill area around 1 am.  Doubt we'll hear whether there was alcohol involved unless it was the semi-driver DUI. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7