Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 08:12:54 AM »

good morning Tony and PackedAndUnpackedDaves.
Good morning, Deano.

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 08:13:17 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
Or it got hit by a missle.

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
A tanker truck, too.  Could have been quite the conflagration depending on what he was carrying.

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 08:16:15 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
Or it got hit by a missle.
The person in the four-wheeler was, as a retired cop friend of mine says, DRT.  (Dead Right There).

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 08:21:28 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
Or it got hit by a missle.
The person in the four-wheeler was, as a retired cop friend of mine says, DRT.  (Dead Right There).
Oh my, sorry to hear of it being a friend.

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 08:22:49 AM »

As long as we're looking at collisions of unequal opposing conveyances, here is video of the Midland TX area deputy responding to an emergency getting clocked by a train. He sustained only minor injuries.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1130941248888557568

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 08:22:55 AM »

morning Mark.

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 08:23:51 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
Or it got hit by a missle.
The person in the four-wheeler was, as a retired cop friend of mine says, DRT.  (Dead Right There).
Oh my, sorry to hear of it being a friend.
No, not a friend was killed.  Read it again, Mr. Mayor.

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
A tanker truck, too.  Could have been quite the conflagration depending on what he was carrying.

The news I saw was not very clear, was it on 290 West in Oak Hill Area (near the Y) or west bound 290 near the Manor area?

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 08:24:24 AM »

As long as we're looking at collisions of unequal opposing conveyances, here is video of the Midland TX area deputy responding to an emergency getting clocked by a train. He sustained only minor injuries.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1130941248888557568
caught that on the news yesterday.

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 08:24:57 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
Or it got hit by a missle.
The person in the four-wheeler was, as a retired cop friend of mine says, DRT.  (Dead Right There).
Oh my, sorry to hear of it being a friend.
No, not a friend was killed.  Read it again, Mr. Mayor.
😂

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 08:27:03 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
Or it got hit by a missle.
The person in the four-wheeler was, as a retired cop friend of mine says, DRT.  (Dead Right There).
Oh my, sorry to hear of it being a friend.
No, not a friend was killed.  Read it again, Mr. Mayor.
I stand corrected, I was thinking “as” was a typo and should have been “is”.

Yes, DRT is a common term for “bring the coroner to the site”.  Cops use it a lot with gang shootings.

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »

As long as we're looking at collisions of unequal opposing conveyances, here is video of the Midland TX area deputy responding to an emergency getting clocked by a train. He sustained only minor injuries.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1130941248888557568
caught that on the news yesterday.
I posted that several days ago Travellin Dave ;D

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2019, 08:29:24 AM »

So many people impersonating others today.

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »

I have looked at literally thousands of fatal crash photos in my 20 year highway career but this one is one of the more drastic  ones.  Happened last night in the Austin area and the best thing is there was apparently  only 1 person (yet to be confirmed)in this vehicle.  Hit head-on with an 18 wheeler.
Looks like someone put the front of that SUV in a Vitamix.
A tanker truck, too.  Could have been quite the conflagration depending on what he was carrying.

The news I saw was not very clear, was it on 290 West in Oak Hill Area (near the Y) or west bound 290 near the Manor area?
Oak Hill area around 1 am.  Doubt we'll hear whether there was alcohol involved unless it was the semi-driver DUI.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7