CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 06, 2020, 12:00:12 AM

Title: 4/6/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on April 06, 2020, 12:00:12 AM
Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 05:27:25 AM
Morning, boyos.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 05:51:32 AM
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 05:51:59 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 06:18:59 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 06:40:53 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
At this point, I'm pretty sure time is just a commie plot. At least, that's what one guy on Youtube says, so it must be right.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 06:46:38 AM
Replacement whineador shelf/drawers (second replacement set, that is) supposed to be here today. Let's see what happens.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 07:00:48 AM
Replacement whineador shelf/drawers (second replacement set, that is) supposed to be here today. Let's see what happens.
Don't hold your breath.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 07:01:55 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 07:02:47 AM
Replacement whineador shelf/drawers (second replacement set, that is) supposed to be here today. Let's see what happens.
Don't hold your breath.
Always sage advice. Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 06, 2020, 07:31:04 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
It's felt like a month of Mondays, but yes, I believe it is.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 06, 2020, 07:31:49 AM
Morning Dave, Tony and Dean.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 06, 2020, 07:36:52 AM
Crowned Heads Day at the Sis.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 07:37:58 AM
Morning Dave, Tony and Dean.
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 06, 2020, 07:42:54 AM
Today is Monday, April 6, the 97th day of 2020. There are 269 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On April 6, 1896, the first modern Olympic games formally opened in Athens, Greece.

On this date:
In 1862, the Civil War Battle of Shiloh began in Tennessee as Confederate forces launched a surprise attack against Union troops, who beat back the Confederates the next day.
In 1864, Louisiana opened a convention in New Orleans to draft a new state constitution, one that called for the abolition of slavery.
In 1909, American explorers Robert E. Peary and Matthew A. Henson and four Inuits became the first men to reach the North Pole.

In 1917, the United States entered World War I as the House joined the Senate in approving a declaration of war against Germany that was then signed by President Woodrow Wilson.
In 1945, during World War II, the Japanese warship Yamato and nine other vessels sailed on a suicide mission to attack the U.S. fleet off Okinawa; the fleet was intercepted the next day.
In 1954, Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy, R-Wis., responding to CBS newsman Edward R. Murrow’s broadside against him on “See It Now,” said in remarks filmed for the program that Murrow had, in the past, “engaged in propaganda for Communist causes.”

In 1968, 41 people were killed by two consecutive natural gas explosions at a sporting goods store in downtown Richmond, Indiana.
In 1971, Russian-born composer Igor Stravinsky, 88, died in New York City.
In 1974, Swedish pop group ABBA won the Eurovision Song Contest held in Brighton, England, with a performance of the song “Waterloo.”

In 1985, William J. Schroeder (SHRAY’-dur) became the first artificial heart recipient to be discharged from the hospital as he moved into an apartment in Louisville, Kentucky.
In 1994, Supreme Court Justice Harry A. Blackmun announced his retirement after 24 years.
In 1998, the Dow Jones industrial average closed above 9,000 points for the first time, ending the day at 9,033.23. Country singer Tammy Wynette died at her Nashville home at age 55.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 06, 2020, 07:43:56 AM
Ten years ago: The White House announced a fundamental shift in U.S. nuclear strategy that called the spread of atomic weapons to rogue states or terrorists a worse threat than the nuclear Armageddon feared during the Cold War. Former Soviet diplomat Anatoly Dobrynin, 90, died in Moscow. Actor Corin Redgrave, 70, died in London. Wilma Mankiller, the first female chief of the Cherokee Nation, died in Oklahoma at age 64.

Five years ago: The Phi Kappa Psi fraternity at the University of Virginia announced it would “pursue all available legal action” against Rolling Stone, saying a Columbia Journalism School review showed the magazine acted recklessly and defamed its members by publishing a discredited article that accused them of gang rape. Kenyan warplanes bombed militant camps in Somalia after a vow by President Uhuru Kenyatta to respond “in the fiercest way possible” to the massacre of Kenyan college students by al-Shabab militants. Kentucky coach John Calipari and Spencer Haywood were among 11 new inductees named to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Duke scored a 68-63 victory over Wisconsin for the program’s fifth NCAA national title. Character actor James Best, 88, best known for his role as Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane on “The Dukes of Hazzard” comedy show, died in Hickory, North Carolina.

One year ago: Former South Carolina Democratic Sen. Ernest “Fritz” Hollings, who had also helped guide the state through desegregation as governor, died at the age of 97; he was the eighth-longest-serving senator in U.S. history. Virginia beat Auburn, and Texas Tech defeated Michigan State, to advance to the final game of the NCAA tournament.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 06, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Nobel Prize-winning scientist James D. Watson is 92.
Actor Billy Dee Williams is 83.
Actor Roy Thinnes is 82.
Movie director Barry Levinson is 78.
John Ratzenberger is 73.
Actress Patrika Darbo is 72.
Baseball Hall of Famer Bert Blyleven is 69.
Actress Marilu Henner is 68.
Olympic bronze medal figure skater Janet Lynn is 67.
Actor Michael Rooker is 65.
Former U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is 64.
Rock musician Warren Haynes is 60.
Rock singer-musician Frank Black is 55.
Actress Ari Meyers is 51.
Actor Paul Rudd is 51.
Actor-producer Jason Hervey is 48.
Rock musician Markku Lappalainen (mar-KOO’ lap-uh-LAN’-en) is 47.
Actor Zach Braff is 45.
Actor Joel Garland is 45.
Actress Candace Cameron Bure (buhr-RAY’) is 44.
Actor Teddy Sears is 43.
Jazz and rhythm-and-blues musician Robert Glasper is 42.
Actress Eliza Coupe is 39.
Folk singer-musician Kenneth Pattengale (Milk Carton Kids) is 38.
Actor Bret Harrison is 38.
Actor Charlie McDermott is 30.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 06, 2020, 07:48:43 AM
Thought for Today: “Never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning.” – Isaac Asimov (1920-1992).
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 08:02:57 AM
Thought for Today: “Never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning.” – Isaac Asimov (1920-1992).
It's actually a pretty good quote.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 08:23:34 AM
Thought for Today: “Never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning.” – Isaac Asimov (1920-1992).
It's actually a pretty good quote.
I had to look up the correlation of this date to the quote. He died 28 years ago on this day.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: flip from jersey on April 06, 2020, 08:41:09 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
At this point, I'm pretty sure time is just a commie plot. At least, that's what one guy on Youtube says, so it must be right.
Actually I get out of the house on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays, to go sit in a chair fro 3.5 hours.
hello boys!
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 08:52:54 AM
Deals From Not Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — Oliva Serie V Melanio Figurado (Box of 10, $75.34)
Cigar Hustler — Menelik (Box of 10, $140.40)
Corona Cigar Co. — Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan Shamrock (Box of 10, ($111.95)
Famous Smoke Shop — XIKAR XO RoMa Craft Edition ($64.95)
Gotham Cigars — Camacho Powerband Robusto (Pack of 5, $49.95)
JR Cigars — 30 Percent Off (Code: WARMUP)
Luis Martinez — Luis Martinez Gold Selection, 25 Percent Off
STOGIES World Class Cigars — H-Town 5-Count Sampler (Sampler of 5, $39.49)
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 08:53:49 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
At this point, I'm pretty sure time is just a commie plot. At least, that's what one guy on Youtube says, so it must be right.
Actually I get out of the house on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays, to go sit in a chair fro 3.5 hours.
hello boys!
next week I start infusions myself.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 08:54:14 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and ThreeDaysAWeekFlip.  The surgeon general says this will be the worst week of our lives, so we got that going for us, which isn't nice.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 08:54:50 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
At this point, I'm pretty sure time is just a commie plot. At least, that's what one guy on Youtube says, so it must be right.
Actually I get out of the house on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays, to go sit in a chair fro 3.5 hours.
hello boys!
next week I start infusions myself.
And Dean is here, Monday has officially started.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 08:57:36 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and ThreeDaysAWeekFlip.  The surgeon general says this will be the worst week of our lives, so we got that going for us, which isn't nice.
#fakenews
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 08:58:07 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
At this point, I'm pretty sure time is just a commie plot. At least, that's what one guy on Youtube says, so it must be right.
Actually I get out of the house on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays, to go sit in a chair fro 3.5 hours.
hello boys!
If given the choice, I'd choose staying home all week over what you've got going on. Morning, flip.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 08:59:46 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and ThreeDaysAWeekFlip.  The surgeon general says this will be the worst week of our lives, so we got that going for us, which isn't nice.
every day is a good day, just some are better than others.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 09:00:29 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
At this point, I'm pretty sure time is just a commie plot. At least, that's what one guy on Youtube says, so it must be right.
Actually I get out of the house on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays, to go sit in a chair fro 3.5 hours.
hello boys!
If given the choice, I'd choose staying home all week over what you've got going on. Morning, flip.
me too.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 09:02:30 AM
I think it's Monday, right?
That's the assumption I'm going on, but who can say anymore?
At this point, I'm pretty sure time is just a commie plot. At least, that's what one guy on Youtube says, so it must be right.
Actually I get out of the house on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays, to go sit in a chair fro 3.5 hours.
hello boys!
Be careful out there, Flip.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 09:18:12 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and ThreeDaysAWeekFlip.  The surgeon general says this will be the worst week of our lives, so we got that going for us, which isn't nice.
every day is a good day, just some are better than others.
@ClemsonDave: That should be the quote of the day on the 23rd.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 09:25:39 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and ThreeDaysAWeekFlip.  The surgeon general says this will be the worst week of our lives, so we got that going for us, which isn't nice.
every day is a good day, just some are better than others.
@ClemsonDave: That should be the quote of the day on the 23rd.
it's just another day.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 09:30:09 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 09:49:49 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 09:52:40 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
That's quite a collection, though the prices are nothing to get worked up about.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 09:53:08 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 09:56:46 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 06, 2020, 10:29:31 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
I pretty much have not left my room for 14 days. I'm clear to work tomorrow.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 10:32:39 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
I pretty much have not left my room for 14 days. I'm clear to work tomorrow.
That's good news.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 10:32:56 AM
British Open has officially been canceled.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 10:34:34 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
I pretty much have not left my room for 14 days. I'm clear to work tomorrow.
That's good news.
Indeed.  Did you actually have the Wuhan?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 06, 2020, 10:44:28 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
I pretty much have not left my room for 14 days. I'm clear to work tomorrow.
That's good news.
Indeed.  Did you actually have the Wuhan?
Yes, it put me in the hospital. I had a 104 fever. This virus is no joke. I can see how it has taken so many lives. I'm actually scared to go back to work but hopefully I have some antibodies. I have been praying for all of you and your families.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 10:48:47 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
I pretty much have not left my room for 14 days. I'm clear to work tomorrow.
That's good news.
Indeed.  Did you actually have the Wuhan?
Yes, it put me in the hospital. I had a 104 fever. This virus is no joke. I can see how it has taken so many lives. I'm actually scared to go back to work but hopefully I have some antibodies. I have been praying for all of you and your families.
Sheesh. Did they say if this is like a typical virus, that once you get it you can't get it again? Not sure if they even have enough info about it at this point.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 10:52:36 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
I pretty much have not left my room for 14 days. I'm clear to work tomorrow.
That's good news.
Indeed.  Did you actually have the Wuhan?
Yes, it put me in the hospital. I had a 104 fever. This virus is no joke. I can see how it has taken so many lives. I'm actually scared to go back to work but hopefully I have some antibodies. I have been praying for all of you and your families.
Holy crap, man, you're the first person I know who caught it.  Having recovered you're theoretically like superman now.  I'm very curious about your experience.  Perhaps one day we can herf in person, and we can hear all about it.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 06, 2020, 11:02:39 AM
[...]

Too many unknowns. We surely can't believe China.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 11:03:18 AM
the Page has some good deals on Tools of the Trade if you need or are a tool.

https://www.cigarpage.com/top-notch-xikar.html
Awful lot of tools there. Almost looks like an RNC line-up. :D
Bless your heart, you just can't help yourself.
Hey, it's day 104 of the quarantine, gotta do something to keep my spirits up.
I pretty much have not left my room for 14 days. I'm clear to work tomorrow.
That's good news.
Indeed.  Did you actually have the Wuhan?
Yes, it put me in the hospital. I had a 104 fever. This virus is no joke. I can see how it has taken so many lives. I'm actually scared to go back to work but hopefully I have some antibodies. I have been praying for all of you and your families.
I'm not happy about you going back but I'm happy you successfully navigated those COVID-19 waters. Can't blame you for being scared. Dang, 104 is no joke.

Two friends from Charlie's cigar lounge have died because of this. They were both in their early 40s; RIP Jon and Antwan.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 06, 2020, 11:04:48 AM
[...]

Certainly, I should get you my phone number.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 06, 2020, 11:07:48 AM
[...]

So sorry to hear. I have to get outside my fears. There are so many hereos and people lost.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 11:08:11 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 11:09:32 AM
[...]

That's a damn shame. Did I meet either of those guys?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 11:14:02 AM
[...]

Same here. Hard to imagine it being less real since we've been stuck inside for god knows how long, but it's definitely more real when someone you know actually gets it.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 11:21:05 AM
[...]

No. I've only met them once each. Antwan helped organize that cigar bus I went on last year:
http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php/topic,1812.msg285640.html#msg285640

Jon was actually a boat captain and he organized a couple of cigar cruises over the years. Unfortunately, I was never able to make one.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 06, 2020, 11:21:37 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
Looks good
I have to make some phone calls. I'll check with you guys tomorrow. Stay safe
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 11:22:16 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
Looks good
I have to make some phone calls. I'll check with you guys tomorrow. Stay safe
You please do the same, Rick.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 11:28:47 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
Looks good
I have to make some phone calls. I'll check with you guys tomorrow. Stay safe
Back atcha, Rick.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 11:32:10 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 11:39:50 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 11:41:04 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 11:56:58 AM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 01:02:45 PM
Wineador lull?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 01:08:54 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 01:11:27 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 06, 2020, 01:49:19 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
okay. that explains alot. what about humidity control, same?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 01:54:04 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Why would you buy a wineador if you don't plug it in?  Isn't the point to regulate temperature?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 01:59:51 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Why would you buy a wineador if you don't plug it in?  Isn't the point to regulate temperature?
For me, the point is having a space large enough to house my collection.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 02:00:28 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
okay. that explains alot. what about humidity control, same?
Yep, never had a problem.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 02:04:34 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Why would you buy a wineador if you don't plug it in?  Isn't the point to regulate temperature?
For me, the point is having a space large enough to house my collection.
Interesting. My basement also works pretty well for me. Maybe you'll need to turn it on in the summer?
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 02:12:32 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Why would you buy a wineador if you don't plug it in?  Isn't the point to regulate temperature?
For me, the point is having a space large enough to house my collection.
Interesting. My basement also works pretty well for me. Maybe you'll need to turn it on in the summer?
My older one has never had that issue, so I don't suspect this will be any different. Time will tell, though.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 02:18:57 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 02:53:29 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Why would you buy a wineador if you don't plug it in?  Isn't the point to regulate temperature?
For me, the point is having a space large enough to house my collection.
A coolerador would provide twice the capacity at 25% of the cost.  But to each his own.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 06, 2020, 04:31:21 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Why would you buy a wineador if you don't plug it in?  Isn't the point to regulate temperature?
For me, the point is having a space large enough to house my collection.
A coolerador would provide twice the capacity at 25% of the cost.  But to each his own.
Yeah, I was thinking Tupperdor.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 04:50:38 PM
In the man cave with coffee
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/6a9d80ae8314ccd6a6de2cf63ebd5b43.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 06, 2020, 06:15:22 PM
Finally!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200406/fcbc29eec2ddc103ae2221274f39724e.jpg)
That is actually very nice looking. Do you mind if I ask how much it ultimately ran you?
It was $206 for everything.
Well done.
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it did take a touch longer than I expected to get here. Lol
does it work?
I assume so? But I don't plug them in cause they're in the basement, so they don't need any extra help keeping a desirable temp range.
Why would you buy a wineador if you don't plug it in?  Isn't the point to regulate temperature?
For me, the point is having a space large enough to house my collection.
A coolerador would provide twice the capacity at 25% of the cost.  But to each his own.
Yeah, but wouldn't look nearly as nice. Truth be told, I bought the first one because I thought the temperature control aspect would be great. But I've never needed to use it. So the second one was a way to match the one I already had.
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on April 06, 2020, 07:32:17 PM
[...]
your gonna need a bigger humidor
Title: Re: 4/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 06, 2020, 07:34:53 PM
[...]
True, coolerador is the redneck solution, but I love it!