CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 6/9/2023  (Read 760 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 6/9/2023
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 06:50:00 AM »

Any cigar worthy mentions out there?
I can't vouch for worthiness but let's see what we're working with...
From what Dave posted, doesn't look so bad. The Undercrowns for $45 are decent.
I was thinking the same thing. And of course, 15/$45 Buesos ain't bad either. ;)
Sure. If that's what you're into.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2023, 07:22:39 AM »

Dropped the car in for service this morning. They called me about a recall recently. Check engine light also turned on in the past week. Let's see what I get dinged for.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 07:42:19 AM »

Dropped the car in for service this morning. They called me about a recall recently. Check engine light also turned on in the past week. Let's see what I get dinged for.
Hopefully it's all recall related and doesn't cost you anything. Wife's car also has a recall on it for some engine update, have to call and make an appt to get that updated. Last time I called, their first appt wasn't for like 3 weeks. And this is just a computer update that takes about an hour. Might have to check the Kia dealership on the other side of town.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 07:42:55 AM »

Hopefully it's all recall related and doesn't cost you anything. Wife's car also has a recall on it for some engine update, have to call and make an appt to get that updated. Last time I called, their first appt wasn't for like 3 weeks. And this is just a computer update that takes about an hour. Might have to check the Kia dealership on the other side of town.
And it's not like this is a new thing where everyone is rushing to get their car fixed, the recall has been out there like 2 years. Lol

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 08:01:50 AM »

And it's not like this is a new thing where everyone is rushing to get their car fixed, the recall has been out there like 2 years. Lol
I don't feel so bad then. Mine is only a couple of months old.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 08:14:24 AM »

I don't feel so bad then. Mine is only a couple of months old.
I actually went to get it updated a while back, but when I arrived, their systems were down and they couldn't process the update. I just haven't bothered to try going back.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 09:03:21 AM »

I was thinking the same thing. And of course, 15/$45 Buesos ain't bad either. ;)
So the day is off to a good start then.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 09:05:56 AM »

Busy day today.  Figment has his annual Dr. appointment, then packing up and heading to the mountains for the weekend.  Going to visit a friend who lives a bit north of Boone NC.  Home and the view are magnificent.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 09:07:09 AM »

Busy day today.  Figment has his annual Dr. appointment, then packing up and heading to the mountains for the weekend.  Going to visit a friend who lives a bit north of Boone NC.  Home and the view are magnificent.
Sounds like a good time, enjoy!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2023, 09:16:03 AM »

Speaking of days off, and you all are the first to learn of this, I've just been given one week's notice.

I've been asking for the last several weeks for a heads-up since I expected my contract was ending at the end of the month. They implied that it was budget related and that they were still trying to convert me. "Sure, sure, we'll figure it out. Just keep slaving away in the meantime", is what I heard.

I'm so disappointed.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2023, 09:17:50 AM »

Speaking of days off, and you all are the first to learn of this, I've just been given one week's notice.

I've been asking for the last several weeks for a heads-up since I expected my contract was ending at the end of the month. They implied that it was budget related and that they were still trying to convert me. "Sure, sure, we'll figure it out. Just keep slaving away in the meantime", is what I heard.

I'm so disappointed.
Well, that's a goddamn shame. Sorry to hear it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2023, 10:05:18 AM »

Unemployment lull?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2023, 10:15:57 AM »

Unemployment lull?
One of our worst types of lulls.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2023, 10:23:27 AM »

Good morning guys. So glad it's Friday. I need the weekend to get caught up on sleep
Good morning, Rick. Sleeping in sounds like a great plan for the weekend. I hope you are successful in your endeavor.
Thank you. I gotta get through this work day somehow

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2023, 11:32:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4