Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 10:32:36 AM »

Ten years ago: Italian officials released a recording of a furious Coast Guard officer demanding that Capt. Francesco Schettino (frahn-CHEHS’-koh skeh-TEE’-noh), commander of the grounded Costa Concordia, re-board the ship to direct its evacuation after the vessel rammed into a reef on Jan. 13. Johnny Otis, the “godfather of rhythm and blues” who wrote and recorded the R&B classic “Willie and the Hand Jive,” died in Los Angeles at age 90.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama granted clemency to Chelsea Manning, allowing the transgender Army intelligence officer convicted of leaking more than 700,000 U.S. documents to go free nearly three decades early. Donald Trump’s choice to head the Interior Department, Rep. Ryan Zinke, rejected the president-elect’s claim that climate change was a hoax, telling his Senate confirmation hearing it was indisputable that environmental changes were affecting the world’s temperature and that human activity was a major reason.

One year ago: An Associated Press review found that veterans of President Donald Trump’s unsuccessful campaign had key roles in the Washington rally that spawned a deadly assault on the U.S. Capitol. U.S. defense officials said they were worried about an insider attack or other threat from service members involved in securing President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration; the concerns prompted the FBI to vet all 25,000 National Guard troops coming into Washington for the event. Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was arrested at a Moscow airport as he returned from Germany, where he had spent five months recovering from nerve agent poisoning that he blamed on the Kremlin.

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 10:35:33 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Former FCC chairman Newton N. Minow is 96.
Actor James Earl Jones is 91.
show host Maury Povich is 83.
Pop singer Chris Montez is 80.
R&B singer William Hart (The Delfonics) is 77.
Actor Joanna David is 75.
Actor Jane Elliot is 75.
Rock musician Mick Taylor is 74.
R&B singer Sheila Hutchinson (The Emotions) is 69.
 Steve Earle is 67.
Singer Paul Young is 66.
Actor-comedian Steve Harvey is 65.
Susanna Hoffs (The Bangles) is 63.
Movie director-screenwriter Brian Helgeland is 61.
Actor-comedian Jim Carrey is 60.
Actor Denis O’Hare is 60.
Former first lady Michelle Obama is 58.
Actor Joshua Malina is 56.
Singer Shabba Ranks is 56.
Actor Naveen Andrews is 53.
Electronic music DJ Tiesto is 53.
Rapper Kid Rock is 51.
Actor Freddy Rodriguez is 47.
Actor-writer Leigh Whannel is 45.
Actor-singer Zooey Deschanel is 42.
Dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy (TV: “Dancing with the Stars”) is 42.
Singer Ray J is 41.
Actor Diogo Morgado is 41.
Country singer Amanda Wilkinson is 40.
Former NBA player Dwyane Wade is 40.
Actor Ryan Gage is 39.
DJ-singer Calvin Harris is 38.
Folk-rock musician Jeremiah Fraites is 36.
Actor Jonathan Keltz is 34.
Actor Kelly Marie Tran (Film: “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”) is 33.
Actor Kathrine Herzer is 25.

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 10:36:02 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 12

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 10:36:28 AM »

To page 2 we go!

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 10:44:29 AM »

According to the National Weather Service, 12 different areas in Ohio have recorded at least 12 inches of snow. About the same in Buffalo with about another foot expected. That could well be why it is so quiet here. I wish all of our BotL well.
Looking outside, I would not be at all surprised if we were one of those areas, as we got hammered. Guess I'm getting my workout outside today with shovel.
Just be thankful you have power.
A solid point. Just got done out there, 13 inches was the total.

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 10:46:42 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 12
Double digits for me today, 11.

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 11:30:52 AM »

Looking like that nice drive home is gonna be the best part of your day, Tony.
I'll take it. Yes, it was a blowout but it was expected. They played a good first and fourth. Now I'm hoping the Bills can take it the whole way.
Hey, your alright Tony

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 11:35:28 AM »

Good morning. Slept in till 10 am. Had to shovel off patio so lil Man could go pee and poo. Eating breakfast, then the blower gets fired up. There's a lot out there but not sure how much.

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 12:05:45 PM »

Looking like that nice drive home is gonna be the best part of your day, Tony.
I'll take it. Yes, it was a blowout but it was expected. They played a good first and fourth. Now I'm hoping the Bills can take it the whole way.
Most of the teams that had no business being in the playoffs lost on the first round as expected.  Expanding the playoffs doesn't improve games, just adds more revinue.

Same crap will happen if/when they expand the college football playoffs.  There aren't 12 top caliber teams, so first couple rounds are going to be blowouts with the same four in the finals that would have been selected anyway.
Hiya Dave. I mostly agree. But it's nice that the possibility exists for a Cinderella story. It's happened in MLB.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2022, 12:11:16 PM »

Looking like that nice drive home is gonna be the best part of your day, Tony.
I'll take it. Yes, it was a blowout but it was expected. They played a good first and fourth. Now I'm hoping the Bills can take it the whole way.
Hey, your alright Tony
Thanks for spreading the word, Rick. I keep telling people but some still don't believe me.

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2022, 12:24:46 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 12
14!!! And that does not include Denis O’Hare, Shabba Ranks, nor Calvin Harris whom I am aware of but couldn't have picked out of a lineup.

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2022, 02:27:44 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2022, 02:31:22 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 12
14!!! And that does not include Denis O’Hare, Shabba Ranks, nor Calvin Harris whom I am aware of but couldn't have picked out of a lineup.
Tony's on fire today. 14 myself.

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2022, 02:59:25 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 12
14!!! And that does not include Denis O’Hare, Shabba Ranks, nor Calvin Harris whom I am aware of but couldn't have picked out of a lineup.
Tony's on fire today. 14 myself.
I amazed myself. Truth is, I was always bad at this kind of thing. For example, if you would have asked me 20 years ago, not sure I could tell you the difference between Meryl Streep, Melanie Griffith, and Shirley MacLaine.

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2022, 07:44:42 PM »

What an adventure it was grocery shopping. First off, our usual Walmart was closed, so we had to go elsewhere. Then, coming home, our local streets have still not been plowed today. There are 4 ways to come into our neighborhood and get to my house. All 4 roads were blocked with cars stuck and trying to get through. Took forever to get here from 2 blocks away, what a disaster.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3