Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2021, 11:37:02 AM »

The PC thing happens from time to time. It's really no big deal. It seems to forget about my second monitor and the only way I can get it to be recognized again is by rebooting. My "work" computer doesn't use wifi so I'm usually ok. Unfortunately, everything else in the house uses the wifi (including the TVs) and that needs rebooting more and more often. I'm hoping the latter is a simple software patch but who knows?
When we all get the wifi chips installed in our heads, this won't be an issue anymore.
Funniest thing about that is they don't have to.  We're all carrying around these phones, have smart TVs, many have Siri or Alexa or some other entity in their homes.  We've volunteered for monitoring already.
Absolutely right. But the thing about conspiracy theorists is they rarely succumb to things like logic or facts.
That's all humans, not just conspiracy theorists.  It's the Gospel According to Paul Simon: A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...

A whole lot of people wanted to believe Trump colluded with Russia and had hookers playing watersports.  A lot of people still believe that.
Not Russia, Ukraine. ;)
Not in 2016.

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2021, 11:43:19 AM »

[...]

True, that was the 2020 election. Sorry, have a hard time keeping the Drumpf collusions straight.

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2021, 11:46:54 AM »

Here's something I think we can we can all agree on - yikes:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/parent-files-lawsuit-york-asking-152032010.html
WTF?

Incest between consenting adults is illegal in every US state apart from New Jersey and Rhode Island, but marriage is prohibited in those states along with the rest of the country.

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2021, 11:48:59 AM »

Here's something I think we can we can all agree on - yikes:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/parent-files-lawsuit-york-asking-152032010.html
WTF?

Incest between consenting adults is illegal in every US state apart from New Jersey and Rhode Island, but marriage is prohibited in those states along with the rest of the country.
Incest is legal, but you can't pump your own gas. What a crazy state you live in.

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2021, 11:49:05 AM »

Also, can we talk about how Liz Hurley, at age 55, is clearly not human:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/lifestyle/elizabeth-hurleys-abs-more-toned-142300454.html
I thought for sure that link was going to reveal a train wreck but holy shit, I was wrong again.

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »

Here's something I think we can we can all agree on - yikes:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/parent-files-lawsuit-york-asking-152032010.html
WTF?

Incest between consenting adults is illegal in every US state apart from New Jersey and Rhode Island, but marriage is prohibited in those states along with the rest of the country.
Incest is legal, but you can't pump your own gas. What a crazy state you live in.
No argument from me.

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2021, 11:59:21 AM »

[...]

You, the media, the Democratic party...And it's only collusion if it actually accomplishes anything.  But whatever.

We now know that Hunter Biden was dirty, and that Joe Biden took a meeting he shouldn't have taken that Hunter set up.  But we've still got Biden.  So it all evens out.

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2021, 01:02:58 PM »

[...]

I'll agree it didn't accomplish anything, since Biden won anyway. Not a surprise to me that he can't even collude effectively. :D

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2021, 01:10:35 PM »

In non-political news, the Browns have signed Clowney. If he and Garrett stay healthy, that d-line will be a force to be reckoned with.

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2021, 01:19:21 PM »

[...]

Correct.  Because he's not a career politician, and he comes from generational wealth and the sense of entitlement that endows.  He's just one of the exceedingly few of those that ever made it to the oval.  More famous are those like Spiro Agnew, Nelson Rockefeller, etc whose political clumsiness washed them out.

But this also explains why he still has a fiercely loyal following.  His opponents can't see beyond the bombast and what they categorize as political ineptitude, and are therefore flabbergasted that the guy has any following whatsoever.  But that following does not admire the slick politicking of Clinton, Obama, or Biden.  John Boehner is well on his way to finding out that they don't like him either.  They like Trump, and they like Ted Cruz, not DESPITE their political clumsiness, but BECAUSE of it. They like muckrakers, and they like raked muck.  And until the media and the DNC figure this out, they are not going to understand why Trump is still a potent influence, and his followers are still a potent threat to their view of How the World Should Be.

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »

[...]

Oh, there's no question why he's as popular as he is, and why he continues to be so. What's problematic is saying that he has so many followers because he goes against the grain, or because he's not a politician, or because he just likes to make waves. While that's unquestionably part of it, the more troubling part is how many people seem to like him for the racist views he (appears) to have and the racist things he says. Whether he actually believes them, or says them just to rile up his base, who's to say?

The problem is that, whether we like it or not, he's a person of influence and he IS saying them, and that people ARE reacting positively to them. The Civil Rights Act passed nearly 60 years ago, and it seems like some days, we're actually behind where we started in respect to how POC are treated in this country. I couldn't care less about Drumpf as a person, it's the people he rallies around him that worry me.

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2021, 02:09:30 PM »

[...]

Accusations of racism are grossly overplayed in modern American politics.  Maybe that's necessary, maybe it's inevitable, maybe it's something we just need to work through.  But characterizing Trump as racist, and his followers as racist, and those who voted for him as racist, is a boondoggle.  It isn't accurate, and it's highly counterproductive.

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2021, 02:25:04 PM »

[...]

Quite right.  Dem's still don't get it.
Similar sentiment expressed in this piece:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/12/opinion/ron-desantis-2024.html

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »

[...]

Well, we can agree to disagree on its accuracy. I'd also argue the counterproductive portion of it is the racism itself, not calling it out. But if you can't even acknowledge it exists, and that it's rampant, not only in politics, but in society, then there's not much left to talk about. I certainly won't be able to use the banter to convince you of something like that.

Luckily, I don't even have to try, because it's hazzuh(!) time.

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2021, 02:31:11 PM »

[...]

I agree.  Particularly in this age of social media labelling, there seems to be only one term that defines approach to racial issues....Racist or not.  Back in the day (hello Boomer) there used to be other adjectives that were used, like prejudiced.  Clearly a different definition than racist or bigoted....but allows for gray areas which we cannot have in these times.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6