Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 08:17:30 AM »

Morning Fish, Dave, Dave, and OnARantDave.  Sounds like a lot of back-scratching going on in Lakeway.
Morning Bean, like most cities it has always been very corrupt but at a new level now as the population is so much larger than 10 years ago and many things going on to skim from.
No industry there, just high-end retail and the lake, bedroom community for more well-off Austinites who don't give a crap.
Absolutely no high end retail in Lakeway, what little there is in that end of town is all in Bee Caves.  Newer parts of Lakeway (Rough Hollow & Serene Hills) are young-middle age Californians and a few out of state retirees.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2017, 08:18:31 AM »

Pretty Funny:

O'REILLY DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SAY GOODBYE

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:33 AM »

Pretty Funny:

O'REILLY DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SAY GOODBYE
That's too bad, cause nothing says goodbye like an open handed slap across the ass!

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »

Good morning, stoners.

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 08:35:24 AM »

Anybody hear of Muestra De Saka cigars?
Heard of it, yea.  It was one of two or three lines that were rushed to meet the FDA deadline, so the name has been out there without general distribution of the cigars.
Think this one is on the pricy side, higher than the other Dunbarton releases.
Also out is Umbagog which seems to be the "Undercrown" of the Dunbarton line.
Should be showing up on line and in stores shortly.
It is pricey, $95/box of (7) but they're giving a 5 pack of Sobramesas with them

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »

We bought our house 11 years ago this week and the Trash Service was $35/2 months then, it stayed that price for 5 years when it went up to $40 then when the current asshole mayor was elected he negotiated a better deal at $52 that included more restrictive limits on items to be picked up, now we just got a notice it is going up to $63.  That is what a small town corrupt Mayor and City Manager can do for you.

Population of the city is 14,000 and a prime source of revenue is traffic tickets from a 40 cop police force combined with a corrupt city judge.  Now they want to build a $23 million police station.

PTL I am soon gone!

Said Mayor lived across the street from me until about 6 months after he got elected mayor (an unpaid position) when he sold his house that was not for sale for an undisclosed "cash" amount (to an unknown buyer who put it up for rent) and bought a house a few blocks away (also an all cash sale with an undisclosed sale price) worth about double what the old one was actually worth.

Said Mayor also looks sexy (in his opinion anyway) driving around in his new corvette and his wife is all smiles in her new Lexus.  Coincidentally the city approved construction of a Lexus Dealership that citizens were very much against shortly before the wife got her new car.

I will not bore you any more but I could write several pages of his corrupt deals.
He's my new hero
I'm sure your own mayor is doing the exact same thing.

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »

Morning Fish, Dave, Dave, and OnARantDave.  Sounds like a lot of back-scratching going on in Lakeway.
Morning Bean, like most cities it has always been very corrupt but at a new level now as the population is so much larger than 10 years ago and many things going on to skim from.
No industry there, just high-end retail and the lake, bedroom community for more well-off Austinites who don't give a crap.
Absolutely no high end retail in Lakeway, what little there is in that end of town is all in Bee Caves.  Newer parts of Lakeway (Rough Hollow & Serene Hills) are young-middle age Californians and a few out of state retirees.
Us northside folks consider that entire area west Austin. It's another world compared to Williamson Cty.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 08:41:01 AM »

[...]

Let's be realistic - probably most of our mayors are doing the same thing.

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 08:42:25 AM »

Alright, had to go kiss the boss ladies azz a little to cheer her up and then needed to call my DIL and wish her a happy birthday.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2017, 08:43:32 AM »

[...]

They are all corrupt and taking kickbacks some just do it with a little more moderation than others and this jackass flaunts it while people sit around and look stupid.

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 08:45:33 AM »

[...]

Politicians get rich doing a relatively low paying job?  No way!

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »

I will not bore you any more but I could write several pages of his corrupt deals.
He's my new hero
I'm sure your own mayor is doing the exact same thing.
Let's be realistic - probably most of our mayors are doing the same thing.
Serving themselves? Absolutely. And the higher the position, the worse it is.

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2017, 08:46:53 AM »

I will not bore you any more but I could write several pages of his corrupt deals.
He's my new hero
I'm sure your own mayor is doing the exact same thing.
Let's be realistic - probably most of our mayors are doing the same thing.
Serving themselves? Absolutely. And the higher the position, the worse it is.
I know we're all thinking it, so I will say it...They can all GFT's!!

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2017, 08:47:44 AM »

[...]

We're all in agreement then.

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2017, 08:50:41 AM »

I will not bore you any more but I could write several pages of his corrupt deals.
He's my new hero
I'm sure your own mayor is doing the exact same thing.
Let's be realistic - probably most of our mayors are doing the same thing.
Serving themselves? Absolutely. And the higher the position, the worse it is.
I know we're all thinking it, so I will say it...They can all GFT's!!
Yeah, they can! But somehow we're ones feeling it.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11