CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: 2/21/2017  (Read 7433 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 2/21/2017
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 07:27:01 AM »

The two day/one day deal is a total garbage dump this week.  Sheesh.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 07:28:25 AM »

Going to be out of communication range most of today and tomorrow....new hot to trot big boss decided I needed "Manager Trainiing".  The guy is simply brilliant.  Must read a management theory book a month...comes in with a whole new lingo and set of objectives after he finishes.
Sheesh, we went through that management book a month routine 10 years ago.   

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 07:28:38 AM »

LaDC bar has finally moved past the halfway point.

Threebean

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 07:28:49 AM »

Going to be out of communication range most of today and tomorrow....new hot to trot big boss decided I needed "Manager Trainiing".  The guy is simply brilliant.  Must read a management theory book a month...comes in with a whole new lingo and set of objectives after he finishes.
You probably do need some fresh business success lingo.  "Ladder of Opportunity" and whatnot is so yesterday's thinking.   

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 07:30:24 AM »

Morning Fish, Bean and the Mayor

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »

Sheesh, we went through that routine 10 years ago.
Also had to fight hard from laughing in his face a couple of weeks ago when we had the career development talk.  When I told him I wanted to keep on doing what I'm doing for another year or two then retire, he didn't know what to say.  Don't think that was in any of his scenario's.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »

You probably do need some fresh business success lingo.  "Ladder of Opportunity" and whatnot is so yesterday's thinking.   
Considering he is a VP of Division Quality... and his motto for this year is Cost before Quality....nothing else need be said.
He's an operations/process guy, don't know how he got this position.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 07:33:38 AM »

Sheesh, we went through that routine 10 years ago.
Also had to fight hard from laughing in his face a couple of weeks ago when we had the career development talk.  When I told him I wanted to keep on doing what I'm doing for another year or two then retire, he didn't know what to say.  Don't think that was in any of his scenario's.
Sounds like you need to read some employee engagement books, we did that routine last year.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 07:34:25 AM »

Considering he is a VP of Division Quality... and his motto for this year is Cost before Quality....nothing else need be said.
Bean Counter In Charge - Sure way to fail miserably

Threebean

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »

Cost before Quality?  What does that even mean?  Or perhaps its inscrutability is what makes it so clever and apropos.  Pretty sure that's how this stuff works. 

Threebean

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 07:48:07 AM »

But you might get to wear a mardi gras mask, so fun! 

sfish

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 07:54:33 AM »

Sounds like he needs training, send him here for a day or two

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 08:02:15 AM »

Cost before Quality?  What does that even mean?  Or perhaps its inscrutability is what makes it so clever and apropos.  Pretty sure that's how this stuff works.
First off it's the antithesis of any Quality organization that I've ever known.  Basically, it means that whatever you are doing/implementing, it has to have measurable metrics and those metrics have to show cost savings based on the action.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 08:03:23 AM »

Oh boy. Good luck with that.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »

But you might get to wear a mardi gras mask, so fun!
One can only hope.  That is usually reserved for the interpersonal/cultural enhancement/lifestyle appreciation type courses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12