CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017  (Read 18673 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »

Morning Mother Fish, practicing to be like Tony?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 08:03:10 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.
Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually
Sheesh.  You either have today off or get yo azz to work.  None of this inbetween we-really-can't-decide-so-let's-just-add-it-to-everyone's-vacation days bullschitt.
Jealous Bastige!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »

Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00

Morning, Scott... Not sure if I'm late to the JR party, but noticed they are doing an auction from the email I received...

https://auctions.jrcigars.com/classic?~type-classic=on&page=1&results_per_page=100

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »

Strangest thing is the Warden basically works for a foreign government and she has Presidents Day and MLK Day both off neither of which did she ever get off with the company before the takeover.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 08:09:35 AM »

Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00

Morning, Scott... Not sure if I'm late to the JR party, but noticed they are doing an auction from the email I received...

https://auctions.jrcigars.com/classic?~type-classic=on&page=1&results_per_page=100
Speaking of JR, this code is supposed to be good for 15% off orders over $30 during February.

JRDOJO1

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually
Sheesh.  You either have today off or get yo azz to work.  None of this inbetween we-really-can't-decide-so-let's-just-add-it-to-everyone's-vacation days bullschitt.
Think it originated with companies getting a lot of blowback from not giving off MLK day.  They then pulled President's day and made it optional as a floater so you could pick one or the other.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »

Morning Bean, Steve and StayAtHomeFishy.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 08:17:28 AM »

Strangest thing is the Warden basically works for a foreign government and she has Presidents Day and MLK Day both off neither of which did she ever get off with the company before the takeover.
And it's still less days off that the company probably gives at their home location.

I remember when some companies used to give off Good Friday, much of Europe still does as well as Easter Monday and a number of other Christian holidays.

Threebean

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »

And it's still less days off that the company probably gives at their home location.

I remember when some companies used to give off Good Friday, much of Europe still does as well as Easter Monday and a number of other Christian holidays.
Easter Monday?  Europeans, sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 08:20:49 AM »

What's new, pussycats?

sfish

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 08:24:34 AM »

Yes they have always had auctions, never seemed to be too much of interest though and I never really followed it

sfish

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 08:29:25 AM »

What's new, pussycats?
Morning Tony, smoked the Amazon Basin you gave me yesterday, very good cigar start to finish. I smoked it partially through the band

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 08:29:46 AM »

Yes they have always had auctions, never seemed to be too much of interest though and I never really followed it

Yeah, not too much of interest, but I'll watch the 10er of LaBombas @$23... just to see what it does.

Threebean

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 08:32:22 AM »

What's new, pussycats?
Happy Monday, TomJonesTony. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 08:34:03 AM »

Speaking of floaters, I'll be right back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14