Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017  (Read 18667 times)

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Morning Travellin Dave, storms have passed and only light rain now and should all be gone before lunch.  Nice weather for the remainder of the week.
More California storms, but they look to go north of you.

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Morning Travellin Dave, storms have passed and only light rain now and should all be gone before lunch.  Nice weather for the remainder of the week.
More California storms, but they look to go north of you.
We had Mexican storms which are moving into Houston now.

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

@ NASCAR Fans, some interesting new Cup Rules for this year, they might actually add some interest to the racing.  This is a good overview with the first thing noted is a new Name for the series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (guess Sprint was too broke to continue).

 There are some interesting new rules surrounding the Daytona 500 this season. As will be the case with all races in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series this year, there will be three stages to the race, with points being awarded after each.

 Kenny Bruce of NASCAR's website  broke down  how the point system will work with multiple stages:
Upon the completion of each of the first two stages, drivers finishing first through 10th will be awarded additional points (10th for first, nine for second, etc.) that will be included in their final total for that race only. Additionally, one point per stage win will be awarded to those drivers qualifying for the 10-race playoff at the end of the season. Race-winning drivers also will earn five bonus points per win to be applied following the completion of the regular season.

 For Daytona, there will be two 60-lap stages, followed by an 80-lap final stage.

According to NASCAR senior vice president Scott Miller, Daytona's stages were specifically set at 40 percent, 40 percent and 60 percent in order to play to the excitement of the race.

"We had to kind of set the stages to where they landed as far away from a fuel window as they possibly could-so the teams could either make it to the stage finish or guaranteed that they would have to stop before they made it to the stage finish so we wouldn't turn these races into fuel-mileage races," Miller  explained  , per Bob Pockrass of ESPN.com.

Other new rules at Daytona this year affect how cars can be repaired during the race. Cars may no longer go to the garage to fix damage. Instead, they're given a five-minute window to fix problems on the pit road. If repairs take longer than five minutes or require more than six crew members to help fix the vehicle, the car will be pulled from the race.

New body components, such as panels, are not allowed. Cars will be able to visit the repair garage to fix mechanical or electrical issues that were not the result of a collision.

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Chase Elliot and Dale Earnheart, Jr will be starting on the front row of the 2017 Daytona 500.

Daytona 500
 When: Sunday, February 26
 Time: 2 p.m. ET
 National TV: Fox

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Morning Travellin Dave, storms have passed and only light rain now and should all be gone before lunch.  Nice weather for the remainder of the week.
More California storms, but they look to go north of you.
We had Mexican storms which are moving into Houston now.
Indeed.  That was a wild ride last night (TWSS).

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Let's get to the more important news!

If you’ve ever been so blessed to feel the semi-soft touch of cheap Snuggie fleece against your skin, you likely weren’t wondering whether or not it should be classified as clothing or a blanket — you were just immersed in peak coziness. The Justice Department, however, took a break from more frivolous matters at hand to finally take on the pressing matter of Snuggie categorization.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/02/rude-court-says-a-snuggie-is-a-blanket-not-clothing.html

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Morning, Daves.  Even our deaf and half-blind old dog heard and saw the storm last night.  It even blew a train off it's tracks up here. http://kxan.com/2017/02/20/strong-wind-blows-train-off-tracks-in-williamson-co/
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Morning BS & Bean

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.

Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.

Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

And some sports news humor for today, pretty funny drunk story.

Former Longhorn Cedric Benson charged with DWI

http://kxan.com/2017/02/19/former-longhorn-cedric-benson-charged-with-dwi/

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00

Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017

G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.
Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually
Sheesh.  You either have today off or get yo azz to work.  None of this inbetween we-really-can't-decide-so-let's-just-add-it-to-everyone's-vacation days bullschitt.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14