CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 2/18/2017  (Read 6479 times)

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
Re: 2/18/2017
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2017, 06:44:12 PM »

I used to almost buy Joe deals exclusively.  My last fee orders I've either gone direct to Tim at sis or worked out one of the monster's deals with a discount.

Oh, well. I wonder what CI's makeup of current customers and marketing channels is. At first I figured this switch around was a huge mistake. On the other hand, I doubt the dozen or so regular banterers is where CI makes most of their sales. But catalog deals aren't great and retail price is pretty steep. Do you guys suppose most people order through those channels?

Thor

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BoTL
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2017, 07:04:32 PM »

I used to almost buy Joe deals exclusively.  My last fee orders I've either gone direct to Tim at sis or worked out one of the monster's deals with a discount.

Oh, well. I wonder what CI's makeup of current customers and marketing channels is. At first I figured this switch around was a huge mistake. On the other hand, I doubt the dozen or so regular banterers is where CI makes most of their sales. But catalog deals aren't great and retail price is pretty steep. Do you guys suppose most people order through those channels?//////good question shank. I suspect most sales are via online catalog (that is, a fair number finding deals in the catalog or on the website and ordering online. Probably a small number of ole timers that do all paper transactions). I wouldn't underestimate, however, how many of us there are who are savvy to the ins and outs (eg - free shipping codes, etc) of online retailers.

Thor

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BoTL
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:34 PM »

Gotta say that joe deals ain't what they used to be, and did I hear correctly that there is no more jambalaya. Lately the scary site seems to have better deals on a regular business.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2017, 07:34:32 PM »

Gotta say that joe deals ain't what they used to be, and did I hear correctly that there is no more jambalaya. Lately the scary site seems to have better deals on a regular business.
SteveR once stated that the Daily Deal was the leading portal into their site.  In other words, most people got to the CI home page by first checking out the Daily Deal.  In my experience, SteveR has always been a standup guy.  Just sayin'…

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »

We ain't what we used to be.  When was the last time you got excited about a Diesel offering or bought a tenner of Oliva O's?  We's safisticated not to be confused with sophisticated.

Thor

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BoTL
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »

CB, is it true that the jambalaya has gone bye bye?

Thor

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BoTL
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »

We ain't what we used to be.  When was the last time you got excited about a Diesel offering or bought a tenner of Oliva O's?  We's safisticated not to be confused with sophisticated.////Yeah, know what you mean. I think its curious how some of these legacy makers (montecristo, hoyo) are hitching their bandwagon to ajf. When he first came on the scene i thought he was aCI exclusive guy, kinda like ramon bueso. if that was the case, he clearly broke out of that relationship onto bigger/better things. Will say this about the UHC, it's only a buck fifty more than when i first remember it coming on the scene.  In the beginning a 10 pack was 28.50 and now its what, 29.99??

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2017, 10:21:41 PM »

CB, is it true that the jambalaya has gone bye bye?
There has not been one since the switch over last weekend.  Who knows.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2017, 10:25:50 PM »

Problem with them is that their prices are all over the place.  One day an item can be at a great price, the next day it's higher than you can get it elsewhere at an everyday price.  You really have to pay attention.

Threebean

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »

Afternoon men. Chore break, mainly because the warden"reorganized" the garage, and now I can't find the PVC solvent and cement.
So now what job can't you finish?
Replaced the pool pump, and it's finished, so GFY.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »

Afternoon men. Chore break, mainly because the warden"reorganized" the garage, and now I can't find the PVC solvent and cement.
So now what job can't you finish?
Replaced the pool pump, and it's finished, so GFY.
And good evening to you Mr. Bean.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2017, 11:57:04 PM »

Anything on fire?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]