CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: 2/15/2017  (Read 9495 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/15/2017
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »

New crown, or reschedule?
New crown.  And I didn't swallow it this time (TWSS).
I thought the rule was that you couldn't TWSS your own post. Sheesh.
Rule?  We ain't got no stickin' rules!  Besides, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.....
Just ask Tony!
Too late, gramps.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2017, 08:35:36 PM »

SLY brings up an interesting point. I almost want to create a poll to get y'alls feedback...

Would you like to have multiple threads on here? Wenglish had asked me for that a long while back. I can easily do that. In fact, without any modification to the site at all, you all can do it now. I'd probably just have to provide a bit of instruction.

My 2¢: I'm too old or set in my ways to be able to follow more than one thread. The banter is a time suck as it is. Imagine hopping from thread to thread and refreshing? Also, I've been on forums where half the posts are folks scolding one another for using the wrong thread.

But with all that said, I'd still entertain it if that's what y'all really wanted.
The attraction of the CI Banter was it was more like a conversation than a collection of messages.  Never got a warm fuzzy at the sis though they'll tell you just the opposite.  Barry was a big fan and wound up spending his posting time over there.  Part of the wet coast crowd migrated over as well.  Keep up the good work Tony.  Ideally wish we could all agree to disagree and hang together.  It was all the varied points of view that made the banter what it was.  Cigarfest just seemed like an extension of hanging on out the banter.  Stepping off the soapbox.  Just reminiscin'…

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2017, 08:42:13 PM »

SLY brings up an interesting point. I almost want to create a poll to get y'alls feedback...

Would you like to have multiple threads on here? Wenglish had asked me for that a long while back. I can easily do that. In fact, without any modification to the site at all, you all can do it now. I'd probably just have to provide a bit of instruction.

My 2¢: I'm too old or set in my ways to be able to follow more than one thread. The banter is a time suck as it is. Imagine hopping from thread to thread and refreshing? Also, I've been on forums where half the posts are folks scolding one another for using the wrong thread.

But with all that said, I'd still entertain it if that's what y'all really wanted.
The attraction of the CI Banter was it was more like a conversation than a collection of messages.  Never got a warm fuzzy at the sis though they'll tell you just the opposite.  Barry was a big fan and wound up spending his posting time over there.  Part of the wet coast crowd migrated over as well.  Keep up the good work Tony.  Ideally wish we could all agree to disagree and hang together.  It was all the varied points of view that made the banter what it was.  Cigarfest just seemed like an extension of hanging on out the banter.  Stepping off the soapbox.  Just reminiscin'…
Well said, Mike. Sounds like most of our regulars prefer this format.

Threebean

« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2017, 08:46:33 PM »

Yeah, don't change nuthin'.  On the other hand, about the star award system....

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »

Afternoon gents.  Hope I can get a good smoke in tonight.
Had a really good CI Legends Copper label (DE) on Sunday out on the KofC deck with coffee & bourbon.  Can't believe how excellent it was: taste, construction, draw, burn ...
It had the old label ... can't vouch for the new.

Howdy, Sly. Been a little vacant in the Banter today, but I hope you get that smoke worked out. Time for me to head out myself. There's a Las Calaveras at home with my name on it... Enjoy the evening.
ByS, I wish the guys who abandoned the CI Banter would have come over here, sheesh.  That's the main reason that Tony started this banter, thinking that one day, CI may pull the plug, and he didn't want to lose touch with everyone.  I don't go on FaceBook, I did participate in the sister's forum briefly, but preferred the continuous single thread of CI's banter and this one.
Re: the Las Calaveras - the write up for the La Imperiosa leaves the impression that it's essentially the same cigar.  Never had the first, but was impressed with the latter.

Sly - there's still a bunch of the CI guys that don't get along with some the guys here. I think the timing of Tony's banter saved a lot of people going by the wayside. there isn't anyone I don't get along with, but that's me. the dynamics of social media and everyone getting along just doesn't work. look at the POTUS and Twitter.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2017, 08:55:56 PM »

FYI, as long as someone has greater than Newbie Status (keeps the robots from creating a thread filled with spam), he can create his own thread in the calendar. Then he just shares that web address with others. Just note that there won't be a flip and the thread isn't private.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2017, 08:59:28 PM »

Hahaha

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »

What, you want piles of Happy Poop instead?

Threebean

« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2017, 09:31:18 PM »

I believe that one is taken.  Darn the luck. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »

New crown, or reschedule?
New crown.  And I didn't swallow it this time (TWSS).
I thought the rule was that you couldn't TWSS your own post. Sheesh.
Rule?  We ain't got no stickin' rules!  Besides, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.....
Just ask Tony!
Too late, gramps.
Long distance, slow connection.....what can I say.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2017, 09:44:36 PM »

You could always claim Fishy's purple penises....apparently he's not using them.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »

You could always claim Fishy's purple penises....apparently he's not using them.
You lost me.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2017, 09:50:19 PM »

TWSS

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2017, 09:56:06 PM »

You lost me.
You brought up alternates to stars (for special people)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »

Evening CB!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10