Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Afternoon gents.  Hope I can get a good smoke in tonight.
Had a really good CI Legends Copper label (DE) on Sunday out on the KofC deck with coffee & bourbon.  Can't believe how excellent it was: taste, construction, draw, burn ...
It had the old label ... can't vouch for the new.
Never smoked one but I've heard good things. I'd try it.

Howdy, SLY.

yes, ALWAYS smoke more cigars. golf was fun, high winds and rain. wasn't pretty but it was fun. very few golfers on the course. fair weather bastards I guess.

New crown, or reschedule?
New crown.  And I didn't swallow it this time (TWSS).
I thought the rule was that you couldn't TWSS your own post. Sheesh.
Rule?  We ain't got no stickin' rules!  Besides, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.....

New crown, or reschedule?
New crown.  And I didn't swallow it this time (TWSS).
I thought the rule was that you couldn't TWSS your own post. Sheesh.
Rule?  We ain't got no stickin' rules!  Besides, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.....
I hear ya, brother.

Word now on the Browns draft is they'd pass on QB in first round to take Myles Garrett... possibly the smartest thing they've done in years, and would save the career of one Clemson QB.  ;)
That would be a blessing...but they have two picks in the first round.
If it happens you'll just have to fly to Cleveland now and then for a game and herf with LTG.
Sittin' in the Dawg Pound with DaveDave!  Huzzah!

Afternoon gents.  Hope I can get a good smoke in tonight.
Had a really good CI Legends Copper label (DE) on Sunday out on the KofC deck with coffee & bourbon.  Can't believe how excellent it was: taste, construction, draw, burn ...
It had the old label ... can't vouch for the new.
Never smoked one but I've heard good things. I'd try it.

Howdy, SLY.
Gak!  Sent mine to Timmeh (gervasio).

New crown, or reschedule?
New crown.  And I didn't swallow it this time (TWSS).
I thought the rule was that you couldn't TWSS your own post. Sheesh.
Rule?  We ain't got no stickin' rules!  Besides, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.....
I hear ya, brother.
So sez the ruler of the roost.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **

Afternoon gents.  Hope I can get a good smoke in tonight.
Had a really good CI Legends Copper label (DE) on Sunday out on the KofC deck with coffee & bourbon.  Can't believe how excellent it was: taste, construction, draw, burn ...
It had the old label ... can't vouch for the new.

Howdy, Sly. Been a little vacant in the Banter today, but I hope you get that smoke worked out. Time for me to head out myself. There's a Las Calaveras at home with my name on it... Enjoy the evening.
ByS, I wish the guys who abandoned the CI Banter would have come over here, sheesh.  That's the main reason that Tony started this banter, thinking that one day, CI may pull the plug, and he didn't want to lose touch with everyone.  I don't go on FaceBook, I did participate in the sister's forum briefly, but preferred the continuous single thread of CI's banter and this one.
Re: the Las Calaveras - the write up for the La Imperiosa leaves the impression that it's essentially the same cigar.  Never had the first, but was impressed with the latter.

SLY brings up an interesting point. I almost want to create a poll to get y'alls feedback...

Would you like to have multiple threads on here? Wenglish had asked me for that a long while back. I can easily do that. In fact, without any modification to the site at all, you all can do it now. I'd probably just have to provide a bit of instruction.

My 2¢: I'm too old or set in my ways to be able to follow more than one thread. The banter is a time suck as it is. Imagine hopping from thread to thread and refreshing? Also, I've been on forums where half the posts are folks scolding one another for using the wrong thread.

But with all that said, I'd still entertain it if that's what y'all really wanted.

SLY brings up an interesting point. I almost want to create a poll to get y'alls feedback...

Would you like to have multiple threads on here? Wenglish had asked me for that a long while back. I can easily do that. In fact, without any modification to the site at all, you all can do it now. I'd probably just have to provide a bit of instruction.

My 2¢: I'm too old or set in my ways to be able to follow more than one thread. The banter is a time suck as it is. Imagine hopping from thread to thread and refreshing? Also, I've been on forums where half the posts are folks scolding one another for using the wrong thread.

But with all that said, I'd still entertain it if that's what y'all really wanted.
I like this format myself. I checked out the Ccom banter but I didn't like the layout, found it confusing and lacking flow

SLY brings up an interesting point. I almost want to create a poll to get y'alls feedback...

Would you like to have multiple threads on here? Wenglish had asked me for that a long while back. I can easily do that. In fact, without any modification to the site at all, you all can do it now. I'd probably just have to provide a bit of instruction.

My 2¢: I'm too old or set in my ways to be able to follow more than one thread. The banter is a time suck as it is. Imagine hopping from thread to thread and refreshing? Also, I've been on forums where half the posts are folks scolding one another for using the wrong thread.

But with all that said, I'd still entertain it if that's what y'all really wanted.
I like this format myself. I checked out the Ccom banter but I didn't like the layout, found it confusing and lacking flow
I agree all around with Scott.
"Keep It Simple Stupid" works well for me.

New crown, or reschedule?
New crown.  And I didn't swallow it this time (TWSS).
I thought the rule was that you couldn't TWSS your own post. Sheesh.
Rule?  We ain't got no stickin' rules!  Besides, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.....
Just ask Tony!

[...]

That is what they say, must be fake news.  Both are good, I prefer the original Las Calaveras.

SLY brings up an interesting point. I almost want to create a poll to get y'alls feedback...

Would you like to have multiple threads on here? Wenglish had asked me for that a long while back. I can easily do that. In fact, without any modification to the site at all, you all can do it now. I'd probably just have to provide a bit of instruction.

My 2¢: I'm too old or set in my ways to be able to follow more than one thread. The banter is a time suck as it is. Imagine hopping from thread to thread and refreshing? Also, I've been on forums where half the posts are folks scolding one another for using the wrong thread.

But with all that said, I'd still entertain it if that's what y'all really wanted.
If it's easy....no thanks.

SLY brings up an interesting point. I almost want to create a poll to get y'alls feedback...

Would you like to have multiple threads on here? Wenglish had asked me for that a long while back. I can easily do that. In fact, without any modification to the site at all, you all can do it now. I'd probably just have to provide a bit of instruction.

My 2¢: I'm too old or set in my ways to be able to follow more than one thread. The banter is a time suck as it is. Imagine hopping from thread to thread and refreshing? Also, I've been on forums where half the posts are folks scolding one another for using the wrong thread.

But with all that said, I'd still entertain it if that's what y'all really wanted.
I like this format myself. I checked out the Ccom banter but I didn't like the layout, found it confusing and lacking flow
Appreciate the feedback. That's my take too but maybe that's because I'm an ornery bastard.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10