CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 14, 2021, 03:03:02 AM

Title: 4/14/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on April 14, 2021, 03:03:02 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 05:21:55 AM
Let the humping begin!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 05:27:30 AM
Let the humping begin!
That's the spirit!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 05:36:25 AM
So far, the wifi went down and then my PC gave me some shit and I was forced to reboot. Bring it!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 05:46:07 AM
So far, the wifi went down and then my PC gave me some shit and I was forced to reboot. Bring it!
Sounds like you're the one being humped so far. Let's hope that turns around quick!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 05:53:28 AM
The PC thing happens from time to time. It's really no big deal. It seems to forget about my second monitor and the only way I can get it to be recognized again is by rebooting. My "work" computer doesn't use wifi so I'm usually ok. Unfortunately, everything else in the house uses the wifi (including the TVs) and that needs rebooting more and more often. I'm hoping the latter is a simple software patch but who knows?
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 06:10:26 AM
And here we are again. I gotta figger out how to sleep on a proper schedule again.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 06:10:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 06:25:49 AM
And here we are again. I gotta figger out how to sleep on a proper schedule again.
I should say so!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 06:26:37 AM
The PC thing happens from time to time. It's really no big deal. It seems to forget about my second monitor and the only way I can get it to be recognized again is by rebooting. My "work" computer doesn't use wifi so I'm usually ok. Unfortunately, everything else in the house uses the wifi (including the TVs) and that needs rebooting more and more often. I'm hoping the latter is a simple software patch but who knows?
When we all get the wifi chips installed in our heads, this won't be an issue anymore.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 07:14:50 AM
And here we are again. I gotta figger out how to sleep on a proper schedule again.
Just brainstormin' here but I think you should move to the east coast.

Good morning, Bret.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 07:56:51 AM
And here we are again. I gotta figger out how to sleep on a proper schedule again.
Just brainstormin' here but I think you should move to the east coast.

Good morning, Bret.
Maybe Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine. If I was rich.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 08:00:03 AM
Maybe I'll call in sick today. When you've had insomnia since 2am, and have a splitting headache at 5am and you haven't been drinking, you aren't right. Right?
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 08:32:42 AM
Maybe I'll call in sick today. When you've had insomnia since 2am, and have a splitting headache at 5am and you haven't been drinking, you aren't right. Right?
Sounds right to me.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 08:35:59 AM
And here we are again. I gotta figger out how to sleep on a proper schedule again.
Just brainstormin' here but I think you should move to the east coast.

Good morning, Bret.
Maybe Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine. If I was rich.
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/FOpGOKkZWQwBG/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 09:45:05 AM
Speaking of Bernies, Madoff has died in federal prison.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 09:47:51 AM
And here we are again. I gotta figger out how to sleep on a proper schedule again.
Just brainstormin' here but I think you should move to the east coast.

Good morning, Bret.
Maybe Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine. If I was rich.
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/FOpGOKkZWQwBG/giphy.gif)
Yeah, but he hasn't been able change their gun laws, so...
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 09:51:55 AM
Speaking of Bernies, Madoff has died in federal prison.
Good riddance to bad company. May God have mercy on his soul.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 09:55:07 AM
In other news, last night Raz finally joined the great unwashed horde and for the first time ate a Chic-fil-A sandwich. I confess I quite liked it. I could do with less peppy customer service, but the sandwich was good.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 10:00:36 AM
In other news, last night Raz finally joined the great unwashed horde and for the first time ate a Chic-fil-A sandwich. I confess I quite liked it. I could do with less peppy customer service, but the sandwich was good.
Agreed, good sandwich. I won't give them any of my money, but they used to come into our building from time to time and hand out free ones. I've got no problem with free.

I've yet to be able to try the Popeye's sandwich that everyone seems to lose their mind about. The last time I went to a Popeye's, they were out of them, the bastiges.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:08:39 AM
And here we are again. I gotta figger out how to sleep on a proper schedule again.
Or any schedule for that matter!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 10:11:35 AM
Maybe I'll call in sick today. When you've had insomnia since 2am, and have a splitting headache at 5am and you haven't been drinking, you aren't right. Right?
I would absolutely agree with that. Besides, I'm sure you've already put in your hours for the month.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:14:43 AM
The PC thing happens from time to time. It's really no big deal. It seems to forget about my second monitor and the only way I can get it to be recognized again is by rebooting. My "work" computer doesn't use wifi so I'm usually ok. Unfortunately, everything else in the house uses the wifi (including the TVs) and that needs rebooting more and more often. I'm hoping the latter is a simple software patch but who knows?
When we all get the wifi chips installed in our heads, this won't be an issue anymore.
Funniest thing about that is they don't have to.  We're all carrying around these phones, have smart TVs, many have Siri or Alexa or some other entity in their homes.  We've volunteered for monitoring already.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:15:34 AM
In other news, last night Raz finally joined the great unwashed horde and for the first time ate a Chic-fil-A sandwich. I confess I quite liked it. I could do with less peppy customer service, but the sandwich was good.
Did you have the regular or the spicy?
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 10:16:40 AM
The PC thing happens from time to time. It's really no big deal. It seems to forget about my second monitor and the only way I can get it to be recognized again is by rebooting. My "work" computer doesn't use wifi so I'm usually ok. Unfortunately, everything else in the house uses the wifi (including the TVs) and that needs rebooting more and more often. I'm hoping the latter is a simple software patch but who knows?
When we all get the wifi chips installed in our heads, this won't be an issue anymore.
Funniest thing about that is they don't have to.  We're all carrying around these phones, have smart TVs, many have Siri or Alexa or some other entity in their homes.  We've volunteered for monitoring already.
Absolutely right. But the thing about conspiracy theorists is they rarely succumb to things like logic or facts.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:17:04 AM
Speaking of Bernies, Madoff has died in federal prison.
Good riddance to bad company. May God have mercy on his soul.
I don't think mercy is what's in store.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 10:17:14 AM
In other news, last night Raz finally joined the great unwashed horde and for the first time ate a Chic-fil-A sandwich. I confess I quite liked it. I could do with less peppy customer service, but the sandwich was good.
Did you have the regular or the spicy?
Also, bonus point for the third-person reference.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:18:54 AM
The PC thing happens from time to time. It's really no big deal. It seems to forget about my second monitor and the only way I can get it to be recognized again is by rebooting. My "work" computer doesn't use wifi so I'm usually ok. Unfortunately, everything else in the house uses the wifi (including the TVs) and that needs rebooting more and more often. I'm hoping the latter is a simple software patch but who knows?
When we all get the wifi chips installed in our heads, this won't be an issue anymore.
Funniest thing about that is they don't have to.  We're all carrying around these phones, have smart TVs, many have Siri or Alexa or some other entity in their homes.  We've volunteered for monitoring already.
Absolutely right. But the thing about conspiracy theorists is they rarely succumb to things like logic or facts.
But they do eventually succumb to stupidity.  Take for example all the Trump insurrectionists...they recorded all the prosecution needs on their own phones...
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:21:12 AM
Room 101 BIPs behind door #1 at the Sis. (although $4 more than on the jam the other day)
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 10:22:26 AM
[...]
Lol, true enough. You see stories every now and then about kids committing crimes while streaming live on FB or wherever. Proves that smart phones are really only as smart as their users.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:22:45 AM
Today is Wednesday, April 14, the 104th day of 2021.
There are 261 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On April 14, 1912, the British liner RMS Titanic collided with an iceberg in the North Atlantic at 11:40 p.m. ship’s time and began sinking. (The ship went under two hours and 40 minutes later with the loss of 1,514 lives.)

On this date:

In 1759, German-born English composer George Frideric Handel died in London at age 74.

In 1828, the first edition of Noah Webster’s “American Dictionary of the English Language” was published.

In 1865, President Abraham Lincoln was shot and mortally wounded by John Wilkes Booth during a performance of “Our American Cousin” at Ford’s Theater in Washington.

In 1910, President William Howard Taft became the first U.S. chief executive to throw the ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game as the Washington Senators beat the Philadelphia Athletics 3-0.

In 1935, the “Black Sunday” dust storm descended upon the central Plains, turning a sunny afternoon into total darkness.

In 1960, Tamla Records and Motown Records, founded by Berry Gordy Jr., were incorporated as Motown Record Corp. The Montreal Canadiens won their fifth consecutive Stanley Cup, defeating the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-0 in Game 4 of the Finals.

In 1965, the state of Kansas hanged Richard Hickock and Perry Smith for the 1959 “In Cold Blood” murders of Herbert Clutter, his wife, Bonnie, and two of their children, Nancy and Kenyon.

In 1970, President Richard Nixon nominated Harry Blackmun to the U.S. Supreme Court. (The choice of Blackmun, who was unanimously confirmed by the Senate a month later, followed the failed nominations of Clement Haynsworth and G. Harrold Carswell.)

In 1981, the first test flight of America’s first operational space shuttle, the Columbia, ended successfully with a landing at Edwards Air Force Base in California.

In 1994, two U.S. Air Force F-15 warplanes mistakenly shot down two U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopters over northern Iraq, killing 26 people, including 15 Americans.

In 1999, NATO mistakenly bombed a convoy of ethnic Albanian refugees; Yugoslav officials said 75 people were killed.

In 2004, in a historic policy shift, President George W. Bush endorsed Israel’s plan to hold on to part of the West Bank in any final peace settlement with the Palestinians; he also ruled out Palestinian refugees returning to Israel, bringing strong criticism from the Palestinians.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 10:23:13 AM
Room 101 BIPs behind door #1 at the Sis. (although $4 more than on the jam the other day)
This post made me realize that I'd yet to check out the deals today. Not that I appeared to have missed much.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:23:58 AM
Ten years ago: Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi rolled defiantly through the streets of Tripoli the same day NATO air strikes shook the city. North Korean confirmed it was holding an American who was detained in November 2010, reportedly for proselytizing. (Eddie Jun was freed in May 2011.) ABC canceled two of its longtime soap operas, “One Life to Live” and “All My Children.”

Five years ago: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders aggressively challenged each other’s judgment during a Democratic debate in Brooklyn, New York, sparring over Wall Street banks, how high to raise the minimum wage and gun control. The first of two strong earthquakes struck southern Japan; the temblors killed at least 50 people.

One year ago: President Donald Trump announced that he was cutting off U.S. payments to the U.N. health agency, the World Health Organization; Trump said it had not done enough to stop the coronavirus from spreading. Louisiana again delayed its presidential primary, rescheduling it for July 11. (The late date made the primary irrelevant to the selection of the nominees.) NASCAR driver Kyle Larson was fired by the Chip Ganassi Racing team, two days after he used a racial slur on a live stream of a virtual race. Hank Steinbrenner, the oldest son of George Steinbrenner and one of four siblings who owned controlling shares of the New York Yankees, died at 63.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:26:26 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Country singer Loretta Lynn is 89.
Actor Julie Christie is 81.
Retired MLB All-Star Pete Rose is 80.
Rock musician Ritchie Blackmore is 76.
Actor John Shea is 73.
Actor Peter Capaldi is 63.
Actor-turned-race car driver Brian Forster is 61.
Actor Brad Garrett is 61.
Actor Robert Carlyle is 60.
Rock singer-musician John Bell (Widespread Panic) is 59.
Actor Robert Clendenin is 57.
Actor Catherine Dent is 56.
Actor Lloyd Owen is 55.
Baseball Hall of Famer Greg Maddux is 55.
Rock musician Barrett Martin is 54.
Actor Anthony Michael Hall is 53.
Actor Adrien Brody is 48.
Classical singer David Miller (Il Divo) is 48.
Rapper Da Brat is 47.
Actor Antwon Tanner is 46.
Actor Sarah Michelle Gellar is 44.
Actor-producer Rob McElhenney is 44.
Roots singer JD McPherson is 44.
Rock singer Win Butler (Arcade Fire) is 41.
Actor Claire Coffee is 41.
Actor Christian Alexander is 31.
Actor Nick Krause is 29.
Actor Vivien Cardone is 28.
Actor Graham Phillips is 28.
Actor Skyler Samuels is 27.
Actor Abigail Breslin is 25.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:30:34 AM
Julie Christie 81??
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:31:19 AM
Room 101 BIPs behind door #1 at the Sis. (although $4 more than on the jam the other day)
This post made me realize that I'd yet to check out the deals today. Not that I appeared to have missed much.
Used to be the first thing we all did, usually at 12:01 AM.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 10:40:32 AM
Room 101 BIPs behind door #1 at the Sis. (although $4 more than on the jam the other day)
This post made me realize that I'd yet to check out the deals today. Not that I appeared to have missed much.
Used to be the first thing we all did, usually at 12:01 AM.
I usually check them pretty soon after logging in, but sometimes it slips my mind, probably because I don't expect to find much.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 11:00:55 AM
In other news, last night Raz finally joined the great unwashed horde and for the first time ate a Chic-fil-A sandwich. I confess I quite liked it. I could do with less peppy customer service, but the sandwich was good.
Did you have the regular or the spicy?
Spicy. When there is an option, I always get spicy.  Usually, what everyone else considers spicy I consider tame.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 11:05:40 AM
The PC thing happens from time to time. It's really no big deal. It seems to forget about my second monitor and the only way I can get it to be recognized again is by rebooting. My "work" computer doesn't use wifi so I'm usually ok. Unfortunately, everything else in the house uses the wifi (including the TVs) and that needs rebooting more and more often. I'm hoping the latter is a simple software patch but who knows?
When we all get the wifi chips installed in our heads, this won't be an issue anymore.
Funniest thing about that is they don't have to.  We're all carrying around these phones, have smart TVs, many have Siri or Alexa or some other entity in their homes.  We've volunteered for monitoring already.
Absolutely right. But the thing about conspiracy theorists is they rarely succumb to things like logic or facts.
That's all humans, not just conspiracy theorists.  It's the Gospel According to Paul Simon: A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...

A whole lot of people wanted to believe Trump colluded with Russia and had hookers playing watersports.  A lot of people still believe that.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 11:09:55 AM
[...]

Not Russia, Ukraine. ;)
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 11:17:23 AM
[...]

Hookers or collusion?
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 11:20:37 AM
[...]

Lol, good question!
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 11:21:19 AM
Here's something I think we can we can all agree on - yikes:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/parent-files-lawsuit-york-asking-152032010.html
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 11:30:02 AM
Also, can we talk about how Liz Hurley, at age 55, is clearly not human:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/lifestyle/elizabeth-hurleys-abs-more-toned-142300454.html
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 11:36:21 AM

Today’s Birthdays:
Retired MLB All-Star Pete Rose is 80.

I bet you that hairpiece is even older. How much?
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 11:37:02 AM
[...]

Not in 2016.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 11:43:19 AM
[...]

True, that was the 2020 election. Sorry, have a hard time keeping the Drumpf collusions straight.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 11:46:54 AM
Here's something I think we can we can all agree on - yikes:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/parent-files-lawsuit-york-asking-152032010.html
WTF?

Incest between consenting adults is illegal in every US state apart from New Jersey and Rhode Island, but marriage is prohibited in those states along with the rest of the country.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 11:48:59 AM
Here's something I think we can we can all agree on - yikes:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/parent-files-lawsuit-york-asking-152032010.html
WTF?

Incest between consenting adults is illegal in every US state apart from New Jersey and Rhode Island, but marriage is prohibited in those states along with the rest of the country.
Incest is legal, but you can't pump your own gas. What a crazy state you live in.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 11:49:05 AM
Also, can we talk about how Liz Hurley, at age 55, is clearly not human:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/lifestyle/elizabeth-hurleys-abs-more-toned-142300454.html
I thought for sure that link was going to reveal a train wreck but holy shit, I was wrong again.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 11:53:41 AM
Here's something I think we can we can all agree on - yikes:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/parent-files-lawsuit-york-asking-152032010.html
WTF?

Incest between consenting adults is illegal in every US state apart from New Jersey and Rhode Island, but marriage is prohibited in those states along with the rest of the country.
Incest is legal, but you can't pump your own gas. What a crazy state you live in.
No argument from me.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 11:59:21 AM
[...]

You, the media, the Democratic party...And it's only collusion if it actually accomplishes anything.  But whatever.

We now know that Hunter Biden was dirty, and that Joe Biden took a meeting he shouldn't have taken that Hunter set up.  But we've still got Biden.  So it all evens out.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 01:02:58 PM
[...]

I'll agree it didn't accomplish anything, since Biden won anyway. Not a surprise to me that he can't even collude effectively. :D
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 01:10:35 PM
In non-political news, the Browns have signed Clowney. If he and Garrett stay healthy, that d-line will be a force to be reckoned with.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 01:19:21 PM
[...]

Correct.  Because he's not a career politician, and he comes from generational wealth and the sense of entitlement that endows.  He's just one of the exceedingly few of those that ever made it to the oval.  More famous are those like Spiro Agnew, Nelson Rockefeller, etc whose political clumsiness washed them out.

But this also explains why he still has a fiercely loyal following.  His opponents can't see beyond the bombast and what they categorize as political ineptitude, and are therefore flabbergasted that the guy has any following whatsoever.  But that following does not admire the slick politicking of Clinton, Obama, or Biden.  John Boehner is well on his way to finding out that they don't like him either.  They like Trump, and they like Ted Cruz, not DESPITE their political clumsiness, but BECAUSE of it. They like muckrakers, and they like raked muck.  And until the media and the DNC figure this out, they are not going to understand why Trump is still a potent influence, and his followers are still a potent threat to their view of How the World Should Be.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 01:44:10 PM
[...]

Oh, there's no question why he's as popular as he is, and why he continues to be so. What's problematic is saying that he has so many followers because he goes against the grain, or because he's not a politician, or because he just likes to make waves. While that's unquestionably part of it, the more troubling part is how many people seem to like him for the racist views he (appears) to have and the racist things he says. Whether he actually believes them, or says them just to rile up his base, who's to say?

The problem is that, whether we like it or not, he's a person of influence and he IS saying them, and that people ARE reacting positively to them. The Civil Rights Act passed nearly 60 years ago, and it seems like some days, we're actually behind where we started in respect to how POC are treated in this country. I couldn't care less about Drumpf as a person, it's the people he rallies around him that worry me.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 02:09:30 PM
[...]

Accusations of racism are grossly overplayed in modern American politics.  Maybe that's necessary, maybe it's inevitable, maybe it's something we just need to work through.  But characterizing Trump as racist, and his followers as racist, and those who voted for him as racist, is a boondoggle.  It isn't accurate, and it's highly counterproductive.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 02:25:04 PM
[...]

Quite right.  Dem's still don't get it.
Similar sentiment expressed in this piece:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/12/opinion/ron-desantis-2024.html
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 14, 2021, 02:26:13 PM
[...]

Well, we can agree to disagree on its accuracy. I'd also argue the counterproductive portion of it is the racism itself, not calling it out. But if you can't even acknowledge it exists, and that it's rampant, not only in politics, but in society, then there's not much left to talk about. I certainly won't be able to use the banter to convince you of something like that.

Luckily, I don't even have to try, because it's hazzuh(!) time.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 02:31:11 PM
[...]

I agree.  Particularly in this age of social media labelling, there seems to be only one term that defines approach to racial issues....Racist or not.  Back in the day (hello Boomer) there used to be other adjectives that were used, like prejudiced.  Clearly a different definition than racist or bigoted....but allows for gray areas which we cannot have in these times.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 03:52:22 PM
[...]

Racism certainly exists. And some racists are Trump supporters.  It's possible, even, that most racists are Trump supporters.  Mathematically doubtful, I think.  But possible.

The inverse - that most Trump supporters are racist - is extremely unlikely, and the thesis that Trump himself is racist is far from supported by evidence.

In addition, the fact that you felt the need to suggest I might not be acknowledging that racism exists is itself an example of the gross overplaying of race as an issue in American politics.

That said, calling out racism to a greater degree than what exists IS more counterproductive than calling out racism.  It's the old problem of crying wolf.  If you call every shadow racism, people begin to think you're just using race as a political ploy.  And when the real "wolf" shows up, they are less likely to see it for what it is.  That would be bad, right?
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 07:55:01 PM
Damn, that got pretty heavy. But I always learn a little something on this site. Anyhoo, hope there weren't any hard feelings because we can't afford to lose more banterers.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 07:55:23 PM
We successfully got to Page 5 at least.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 08:35:49 PM
Damn, that got pretty heavy. But I always learn a little something on this site. Anyhoo, hope there weren't any hard feelings because we can't afford to lose more banterers.
Oh, hell.  This was a model of civility.  No one called anyone names.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 08:36:14 PM
Damn, it got positively tropical out this afternoon.  I had to turn off the baseboard heater in the studio.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 08:46:29 PM
The studio had to be disassembled when the family/media room was turned into a hospital room after I busted my leg. After that, for a number of reasons I won't bore y'all with, I kinda lost interest...until late last fall.

Still a long way to go putting it back together.  But making progress.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210415/481e87dd8aaaf981d4368dfcdca2bf26.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210415/ba73b8b85760d10f381611570e933ae3.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 09:01:11 PM
Better get your fusebox upgraded.  Looks like a lot on that line.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 09:02:42 PM
Edwin Aguilar, Simpsons animator dead at 46.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 09:15:18 PM
Damn, that got pretty heavy. But I always learn a little something on this site. Anyhoo, hope there weren't any hard feelings because we can't afford to lose more banterers.
Oh, hell.  This was a model of civility.  No one called anyone names.
Of course not. It isn't Tuesday.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 09:16:21 PM
Damn, it got positively tropical out this afternoon.  I had to turn off the baseboard heater in the studio.
It was a beautiful day here too. Of course it was, I turned the furnace back on yesterday.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 09:17:21 PM
Edwin Aguilar, Simpsons animator dead at 46.
That's sad.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 09:18:51 PM
Good evening, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 09:21:58 PM
For those of you following along at home. I replaced the thermal fuse on the dryer and it didn't make a difference. When I was in there I noticed the drive belt had broken. I took a chance on a cheap part and it didn't pan out. Time to go see what a belt will run me...
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 14, 2021, 09:33:35 PM
Better get your fusebox upgraded.  Looks like a lot on that line.
Just two laptops and two monitors, actually.  But yeah, I'm still working out the power delivery.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 14, 2021, 10:14:02 PM
For those of you following along at home. I replaced the thermal fuse on the dryer and it didn't make a difference. When I was in there I noticed the drive belt had broken. I took a chance on a cheap part and it didn't pan out. Time to go see what a belt will run me...
Sounds like it may be time to throw in the towel and just get a new dryer.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on April 14, 2021, 10:21:01 PM
ART
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 14, 2021, 10:44:39 PM
For those of you following along at home. I replaced the thermal fuse on the dryer and it didn't make a difference. When I was in there I noticed the drive belt had broken. I took a chance on a cheap part and it didn't pan out. Time to go see what a belt will run me...
Sounds like it may be time to throw in the towel and just get a new dryer.
I'm gonna try one more thing and if it doesn't work then it'll be back to P.C. Richards and Sons for a new one.
Title: Re: 4/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on April 14, 2021, 11:19:01 PM
For those of you following along at home. I replaced the thermal fuse on the dryer and it didn't make a difference. When I was in there I noticed the drive belt had broken. I took a chance on a cheap part and it didn't pan out. Time to go see what a belt will run me...
Sounds like it may be time to throw in the towel and just get a new dryer.
I'm gonna try one more thing and if it doesn't work then it'll be back to P.C. Richards and Sons for a new one.
the best dryer