CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 08, 2018, 12:01:01 AM

Title: 1/8/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on January 08, 2018, 12:01:01 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 01:15:21 AM
Don't worry if you didn't act quickly enough on yesterday's cigar.com's deal on Gilberto Oliva Reserva Blanc Robusto... JoeCigar has the same one today for only $10 more.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 05:37:15 AM
Morning, stable geniuses.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 05:39:09 AM
Don't worry if you didn't act quickly enough on yesterday's cigar.com's deal on Gilberto Oliva Reserva Blanc Robusto... JoeCigar has the same one today for only $10 more.
Phew!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 06:04:24 AM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 06:30:41 AM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
Actually, I take that back. Just remembered the wife has a doctor's appt today, so now she's gonna be pissed that she'll have to take them with her. And it's a new doctor, too. Smart money is on her cancelling that appt.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:32:39 AM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
Actually, I take that back. Just remembered the wife has a doctor's appt today, so now she's gonna be pissed that she'll have to take them with her. And it's a new doctor, too. Smart money is on her cancelling that appt.
Fine way to start the week indeed.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:33:37 AM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
We're supposed to get that ice for this evening.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:34:07 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:36:15 AM
My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 06:39:18 AM
good morning guys. Happy Monday!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 06:40:45 AM
45° going into the 70's. WooHoo!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:42:19 AM
Today is Monday, Jan. 8, the eighth day of 2018. There are 357 days left in the year.
Today's Highlights in History:
On Jan. 8, 1918, President Woodrow Wilson outlined his Fourteen Points for lasting peace after World War I. Mississippi became the first state to ratify the 18th Amendment to the Constitution, which established Prohibition.
On this date:
In 1642, astronomer Galileo Galilei died in Arcetri, Italy.
In 1790, President George Washington delivered his first State of the Union address to Congress in New York.
In 1815, the last major engagement of the War of 1812 came to an end as U.S. forces defeated the British in the Battle of New Orleans, not having gotten word of the signing of a peace treaty.
In 1867, the U.S. House of Representatives joined the Senate in overriding President Andrew Johnson's veto of the District of Columbia Suffrage Bill, giving black men in the nation's capital the right to vote.
In 1935, rock-and-roll legend Elvis Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi.
In 1959, Charles de Gaulle was inaugurated as president of France's Fifth Republic.
In 1968, the Otis Redding single "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" was released on the Volt label almost a month after the singer's death in a plane crash.
In 1976, Chinese premier Zhou Enlai, 77, died in Beijing.
In 1982, American Telephone and Telegraph settled the Justice Department's antitrust lawsuit against it by agreeing to divest itself of the 22 Bell System companies.
In 1987, for the first time, the Dow Jones industrial average closed above 2,000, ending the day at 2,002.25.
In 1998, Ramzi Yousef (RAHM'-zee YOO'-sef), the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, was sentenced in New York to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
In 2011, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., was shot and critically wounded when a gunman opened fire as the congresswoman met with constituents in Tucson; six people were killed, 12 others also injured. (Gunman Jared Lee Loughner (LAWF'-nur) was sentenced in November 2012 to seven consecutive life sentences, plus 140 years.)
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:42:51 AM
Ten years ago: Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton powered to victory in New Hampshire's 2008 Democratic primary in a startling upset, defeating Sen. Barack Obama and resurrecting her bid for the White House; Sen. John McCain defeated his Republican rivals to move back into contention for the GOP nomination. U.S. Army Lt. Col. Steven L. Jordan, the only officer charged in the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal, was cleared of criminal wrongdoing. Paintings by Pablo Picasso and Brazilian painter Candido Portinari, stolen from Brazil's Sao Paulo Museum in December 2007, were recovered.

Five years ago: Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly, launched a political action committee aimed at curbing gun violence as her Arizona hometown paused to mark the second anniversary of the deadly shooting rampage.

One year ago: A Palestinian truck driver rammed his vehicle into a crowd of Israeli soldiers, killing at least four people in one of the deadliest attacks of a year and half-long wave of violence (the driver was shot dead). "La La Land" won seven Golden Globe Awards, including best motion picture, comedy or musical, while "Moonlight" was recognized as best movie drama; Meryl Streep, accepting a lifetime achievement award, criticized President-elect Donald Trump without mentioning him by name.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:43:31 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor-comedian Larry Storch is 95. Broadcast journalist Sander Vanocur is 90. CBS newsman Charles Osgood is 85. Singer Shirley Bassey is 81. Game show host Bob Eubanks is 80. Country-gospel singer Cristy Lane is 78. Rhythm-and-blues singer Anthony Gourdine (Little Anthony and the Imperials) is 77. Actress Yvette Mimieux is 76. Physicist Stephen Hawking is 76. Singer Juanita Cowart Motley (The Marvelettes) is 74. Actress Kathleen Noone is 73. Rock musician Robby Krieger (The Doors) is 72. Movie director John McTiernan is 67. Actress Harriet Sansom Harris is 63. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is 60. Singer-songwriter Ron Sexsmith is 54. Actress Maria Pitillo (pih-TIHL'-loh) is 53. Actress Michelle Forbes is 53. Singer R. Kelly is 51. Rock musician Jeff Abercrombie (Fuel) is 49. Actress Ami Dolenz is 49. Reggae singer Sean Paul is 45. Country singer Tift Merritt is 43. Actress-rock singer Jenny Lewis is 42. Actress Amber Benson is 41. Actor Scott Whyte is 40. Singer-songwriter Erin McCarley is 39. Actress Sarah Polley is 39. Actress Rachel Nichols is 38. Actress Gaby Hoffman is 36. Rock musician Disashi Lumumbo-Kasongo (dih-SAH'-shee LUHM'-uhm-boh kuh-SAHN'-goh) (Gym Class Heroes) is 35. Actor Freddie Stroma is 31.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 06:43:56 AM
Thought for Today: "The devil is easy to identify. He appears when you're terribly tired and makes a very reasonable request which you know you shouldn't grant." - Fiorello LaGuardia, mayor of New York City (1882-1947).
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 06:51:45 AM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
We're supposed to get that ice for this evening.
The drive in this morning was a touch harrowing because of it. The highways weren't too bad, but the neighborhood streets were white knuckle driving at its best.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 06:52:43 AM
My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 07:15:14 AM
Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 07:15:44 AM
Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Morning, Chilly.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 07:18:19 AM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
My kids had one snow day and a late start thus far. I have a feeling they will be using all their built-in snow days this year.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 07:26:47 AM
My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 07:31:37 AM
Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 07:44:14 AM
Didn't win either lotter this weekend, so it's back to work...
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 07:51:07 AM
Morning Daves, Tony, and FavoriteDayDean.  Mid-60's for a high today.  Should be nice weather all week, too bad I'm going to NH tomorrow.    :(
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 07:52:49 AM
Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.
I'm ready for the weekend.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 07:53:32 AM
Morning Daves, Tony, and FavoriteDayDean.  Mid-60's for a high today.  Should be nice weather all week, too bad I'm going to NH tomorrow.    :(
Ouch. Even colder there. Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 08:02:21 AM
My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 08:11:29 AM
My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.
Can't say I disagree....then again, I'm old, set in my ways and afraid of this newfangled technology.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 08:11:52 AM
Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.
I'm ready for the weekend.
You got that right.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 08:14:54 AM
So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 08:15:17 AM
My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.
Can't say I disagree....then again, I'm old, set in my ways and afraid of this newfangled technology.
There are some things you just don't mess with. Lasers in the eyes seems like it should be at the top of that list, IMFO.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2018, 08:17:17 AM
Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.
I'm ready for the weekend.
That's a torturous approach for a Monday
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2018, 08:20:54 AM
My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.
Can't say I disagree....then again, I'm old, set in my ways and afraid of this newfangled technology.
I got mine done about 15 years ago, one of the best things I ever did. Now that I've aged I'm getting to the point where i may need glasses again but technology has come so far that it's much safer and less invasive than it used to be
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 08:25:34 AM
[...]
(https://media1.tenor.com/images/a2b15b73f6a3dfbb0814994301525a69/tenor.gif?itemid=7663264)
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 08:28:47 AM
[...]
My sister got hers done about that many years ago and says the same thing.  The warden looked into it but decided she looks better with glasses than without.  Seems like she has about half dozen pairs to choose from, so whatever.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2018, 08:32:47 AM
[...]
I had contacts, didn't work well with carpentry/dust so it was really great for me. They used to actually cut your lens about 3/4 of the way around, lift it off your eye and then laser out cells. You had to hear for a few days but could see 20/20 immediately. Now there are no blades
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 08:34:17 AM
[...]
I've had people at work tell me the same thing. And I've never heard of anyone having any issues. But I don't know, I just don't like the idea of them pointing a laser at my eye. Maybe if I had problems with my contacts, I'd feel differently. But I never have, so I'm perfectly content to keep on wearing them.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 08:55:14 AM
So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
Watch every minute....7 long months until college football returns... :-\
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 08:58:44 AM
[...]
I feel the same way, although I didn't need glasses until I was over 40 and until recently only needed for driving and TV.  Then again I let them take apart my hip and put metal in there, as well as some other stuff that I'll spare you the details on....so who knows.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 09:00:29 AM
So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
There's a game on tonight?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 09:01:48 AM
[...]
If my eyes needed it, I'd go for it. I'm not crazy about what I'm seeing anyway.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 09:03:43 AM
So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
Watch every minute....7 long months until college football returns... :-\
Go Dawgs!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 09:04:47 AM
[...]
LMAO!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 09:10:52 AM
Morning Daves, Tony, and FavoriteDayDean.  Mid-60's for a high today.  Should be nice weather all week, too bad I'm going to NH tomorrow.    :(
that really sucks Mark. dress warm.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 09:19:55 AM
going to be a GREAT Monday!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 09:23:40 AM
[...]
LALTS
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 08, 2018, 10:03:45 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 10:04:33 AM
So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
Watch every minute....7 long months until college football returns... :-\
Go Dawgs!
Ditto!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 10:05:22 AM
So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
There's a game on tonight?
Keep up Mr. Mayor.  Don't be a dipshit!   :P
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 10:07:14 AM
going to be a GREAT Monday!
No it's not!

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- TODAY: Clouds thicken and a light wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain drops through the region from north to south. Temperatures will be below freezing and there could be icing on untreated roads and sidewalks. The high is 33 in the early evening.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY is in effect across the entire region between 1 p.m. and 9 p.m..

TONIGHT: Our mixed precipitation tapers off after about 8 or 9 p.m. in most areas and changes to rain in areas close to the coast before exiting the shoreline by about 11 p.m.. Some clearing is probable overnight. The low is 29.

Plus, well, it's a Monday!   :-\
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 10:11:38 AM
[...]
In that case I hope you've invested in some noise dampening headphones....or I could send you some earplugs.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 10:42:51 AM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 10:43:10 AM
Raz entrance lull?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 10:46:50 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Happy Monday, Raz.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 08, 2018, 10:47:53 AM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 08, 2018, 10:48:17 AM
Raz entrance lull?
Must be. I have such a charming personality, no one knows what to say.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 08, 2018, 10:48:53 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Happy Monday, Raz.
Et tu, Antoné.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 10:55:37 AM
Raz entrance lull?
Must be. I have such a charming personality, no one knows what to say.
Speechless? No, I don't think that's it.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 08, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
Raz entrance lull?
Must be. I have such a charming personality, no one knows what to say.
Speechless? No, I don't think that's it.
Sure it is. It's really hard for everyone to talk when laughing hysterically.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 11:03:27 AM
Raz entrance lull?
Must be. I have such a charming personality, no one knows what to say.
Speechless? No, I don't think that's it.
Sure it is. It's really hard for everyone to talk when laughing hysterically.
At ourselves or you?   ???
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 11:04:08 AM
Raz entrance lull?
Must be. I have such a charming personality, no one knows what to say.
That's never stopped us before...
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 08, 2018, 11:07:04 AM
Raz entrance lull?
Must be. I have such a charming personality, no one knows what to say.
Speechless? No, I don't think that's it.
Sure it is. It's really hard for everyone to talk when laughing hysterically.
At ourselves or you?   ???
At yourselves, as you think of all the insulting jokes to make about me. Amiright?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 12:06:53 PM
Pre lunch lull?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 08, 2018, 12:11:00 PM
hey it hit a balmy 20 degrees today, tomorrow, we might see a
tropical 32 degrees.   thinking shorts and flip flops...
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 12:31:00 PM
hey it hit a balmy 20 degrees today, tomorrow, we might see a
tropical 32 degrees.   thinking shorts and flip flops...
It really makes a huge difference, huh?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 12:32:55 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 08, 2018, 01:32:03 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 01:37:05 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
I had my 8-year olds with me.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 01:47:02 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
I had my 8-year olds with me.
Ok, so you should've texted then.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
I had my 8-year olds with me.
Ok, so you should've texted then.
Or tweeted...
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 01:51:33 PM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
Actually, I take that back. Just remembered the wife has a doctor's appt today, so now she's gonna be pissed that she'll have to take them with her. And it's a new doctor, too. Smart money is on her cancelling that appt.
So what was the final verdict?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 02:13:35 PM
Kids had their first day back from winter break today. Finally snapped the cold spell that caused a lot of schools in the area to close last week, even though my kids were still on break. And with the increased temps and precipitation today, the roads were sheets of ice. School closed. I'm sure the wife will be happy not to have to drive them, but at this point, they need to go back to school. Lol
Actually, I take that back. Just remembered the wife has a doctor's appt today, so now she's gonna be pissed that she'll have to take them with her. And it's a new doctor, too. Smart money is on her cancelling that appt.
So what was the final verdict?
It was the first appt with the doc, and they didn't have anything convenient to move her to, so she took them with her. And they actually behaved, surprisingly. So they're sure to be a nightmare when I get home and we all go grocery shopping. Lol
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2018, 02:23:03 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 02:23:46 PM
[...]
Oof. I can't take my boys to the supermarket.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 02:24:07 PM
Hazzuh!
Later, LTG.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 08, 2018, 02:29:56 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
I had my 8-year olds with me.
you could have stopped by the house, & I could have taken some Lionel trains
down from the attic....
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2018, 02:34:05 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
I had my 8-year olds with me.
you could have stopped by the house, & I could have taken some Lionel trains
down from the attic....
Or just rope and duct tape.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 02:34:24 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
I had my 8-year olds with me.
you could have stopped by the house, & I could have taken some Lionel trains
down from the attic....
This is already too complicated. If Gabrielle wanted to sit with them while we went to the Legion... That's a whole other story.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 02:34:49 PM
@Flip: I was in your neck of the woods yesterday... 519 River Drive.
you should have called, we could have stopped by the legion for a smoke....
I had my 8-year olds with me.
you could have stopped by the house, & I could have taken some Lionel trains
down from the attic....
Or just rope and duct tape.
I already like this plan better.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 08, 2018, 02:35:07 PM
[...]
Sure you can, you just have to train them first.  I remember 30 or so years ago, my kids were with me in a
supermarket, and they started acting up.  I quietly said the words, "One, two", and they turned around and stopped fighting with each other.  A mother came over and said, "how did you just do that?", I explained it's really simple, they know if I get to three, they will be punished.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 02:41:24 PM
back from running around. going to cook up some hot Italian sausage to throw in some red gravy for pasta tonight. I need crusty Italian bread though.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 03:20:26 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 04:01:48 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 04:35:26 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
For me it was the photo of the pot of bubbling red stuff.  Has a Fatal Attraction vibe.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 04:44:15 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
personal? me?
no fucking way. life is to short.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 04:47:23 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
For me it was the photo of the pot of bubbling red stuff.  Has a Fatal Attraction vibe.
You lost me.

Speaking of lost, did you already get to NH?
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 04:48:38 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
personal? me?
no fucking way. life is to short.
Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 04:57:21 PM
great cigar smoking weather as I review the minutes from last nights business meeting for corrections. retirement is wonderful.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 05:00:54 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
For me it was the photo of the pot of bubbling red stuff.  Has a Fatal Attraction vibe.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and caldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and caldron bubble.
Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 05:24:15 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
For me it was the photo of the pot of bubbling red stuff.  Has a Fatal Attraction vibe.
You lost me.

Speaking of lost, did you already get to NH?
No, flying out tomorrow.  Coming back Thursday night.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 05:24:52 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
personal? me?
no fucking way. life is to short.
Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.
Now you lost me, so we're even.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 05:40:27 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
personal? me?
no fucking way. life is to short.
Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.
Now you lost me, so we're even.
you guys have been in the cold too long.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2018, 06:09:30 PM
redhead just showed up with crusty Italian bread, time to eat. (don't go there) later guys, stay warm.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2018, 06:24:27 PM
redhead just showed up with crusty Italian bread, time to eat. (don't go there) later guys, stay warm.
Happy munching, Dean.   ;)
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 06:24:31 PM
guess I should have stayed away.
Don't take it personally. We're either sleeping, in meetings, or traveling.
personal? me?
no fucking way. life is to short.
Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.
Now you lost me, so we're even.
Hahaha. I swear it made sense to me when I posted it but now I can't remember or understand what the fuck I was talking about.
Title: Re: 1/8/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2018, 11:29:33 PM
Georgia's on my mind.