Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2019, 12:33:05 PM »

Started raining here.

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2019, 01:20:32 PM »

Weather lull. Where are the Russians?

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2019, 01:31:17 PM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
As a Worship Arts director at a church that makes a priority of being "intergenerational," it's a constant struggle to hit the right balance and tone, to find ways to inspire people with different priorities. Interestingly, it's the Millennials who want church to be more liturgical and formal, and the Boomers who want it to be casual. Really weird when the old people call the young people "square."
you mean there's no more " REPENT SINNERS OR YOU'RE ALL DOOMED TO HELL!?"
SHAME!  ....SHAME!   ....SHAME!
nothing better than a three day Pentecostal Tent Revival to get the spirit flowing.
I get enough stupid shit and sheep that listen from politicians.

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2019, 01:31:18 PM »

Weather lull. Where are the Russians?
You keep sending them away.

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2019, 01:31:46 PM »

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »

Started raining here.
Sunny here....WTF?
It was just a shpritz but enough to be annoying. Definitely not sunny though. It's been completely overcast all day.

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

A priest and a taxi driver both died and went to heaven. St. Peter was at the Pearly gates waiting for them.

'Come with me', said St. Peter to the taxi driver.

The taxi driver did as he was told and followed St. Peter to a mansion. It had anything you could imagine from a bowling alley to an olympic size pool.

'Wow, thank you', said the taxi driver.

Next, St. Peter led the priest to a rugged old shack with a bunk bed and a little old television set.

'Wait, I think you are a little mixed up', said the priest. 'Shouldn't I be the one who gets the mansion? After all I was a priest, went to church every day, and preached God's word.'

'Yes, that's true. But during your sermons people slept. When the taxi driver drove, everyone prayed.'

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2019, 02:01:14 PM »

A priest and a taxi driver both died and went to heaven. St. Peter was at the Pearly gates waiting for them.

'Come with me', said St. Peter to the taxi driver.

The taxi driver did as he was told and followed St. Peter to a mansion. It had anything you could imagine from a bowling alley to an olympic size pool.

'Wow, thank you', said the taxi driver.

Next, St. Peter led the priest to a rugged old shack with a bunk bed and a little old television set.

'Wait, I think you are a little mixed up', said the priest. 'Shouldn't I be the one who gets the mansion? After all I was a priest, went to church every day, and preached God's word.'

'Yes, that's true. But during your sermons people slept. When the taxi driver drove, everyone prayed.'
Amen!

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2019, 02:20:54 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »

Afternoon Tony, raz, and whoever else is left.  Been lurking here and there for the last week. My mother passed away earlier this week in Little Rock.  94 yrs old, she had a good run.

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2019, 04:34:49 PM »

Afternoon Tony, raz, and whoever else is left.  Been lurking here and there for the last week. My mother passed away earlier this week in Little Rock.  94 yrs old, she had a good run.
my condolences Mark. you and your family are in my prayers.

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

Afternoon Tony, raz, and whoever else is left.  Been lurking here and there for the last week. My mother passed away earlier this week in Little Rock.  94 yrs old, she had a good run.
I'm very sorry to hear that, Mark. My most sincere condolences to you and yours.

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2019, 09:42:44 PM »

Afternoon Tony, raz, and whoever else is left.  Been lurking here and there for the last week. My mother passed away earlier this week in Little Rock.  94 yrs old, she had a good run.
I'm very sorry to hear that, Mark. My most sincere condolences to you and yours.
Thanks Dean and Mr. Mayor.

Death in the family lull.  The worst kind.

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »

Afternoon Tony, raz, and whoever else is left.  Been lurking here and there for the last week. My mother passed away earlier this week in Little Rock.  94 yrs old, she had a good run.
I'm very sorry to hear that, Mark. My most sincere condolences to you and yours.
Thanks Dean and Mr. Mayor.

Death in the family lull.  The worst kind.
Very true. Had your mom been sick or did this come suddenly?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8