CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 4/18/2019  (Read 6706 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 4/18/2019
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2019, 10:45:18 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.

you preaching Sunday?
No, #1 son designed an Easter oratorio of sorts. Sitting down with my dad (over scotch and cigars) tonight to tidy up the narratives. Saturday will be a brutal day rehearsing. But it's looking to be a pretty cool Easter service.
sounds like a nice family holiday.
Kinda the family bidness. Doesn't make any money, but keeps us out of trouble...mostly.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2019, 10:46:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.

you preaching Sunday?
No, #1 son designed an Easter oratorio of sorts. Sitting down with my dad (over scotch and cigars) tonight to tidy up the narratives. Saturday will be a brutal day rehearsing. But it's looking to be a pretty cool Easter service.
Now if more  ministers prepared that way, I think services would be a lot more interesting.
Well, I don't know about more interesting, but certainly less artificial.
Honest, thought out and with personal touch is always more interesting.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2019, 10:47:44 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
....but I guess those issues would only mean something to Catholics....

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

As a Worship Arts director at a church that makes a priority of being "intergenerational," it's a constant struggle to hit the right balance and tone, to find ways to inspire people with different priorities. Interestingly, it's the Millennials who want church to be more liturgical and formal, and the Boomers who want it to be casual. Really weird when the old people call the young people "square."

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2019, 11:21:23 AM »

As a Worship Arts director at a church that makes a priority of being "intergenerational," it's a constant struggle to hit the right balance and tone, to find ways to inspire people with different priorities. Interestingly, it's the Millennials who want church to be more liturgical and formal, and the Boomers who want it to be casual. Really weird when the old people call the young people "square."
you mean there's no more " REPENT SINNERS OR YOU'RE ALL DOOMED TO HELL!?"

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2019, 11:26:51 AM »

Hey Tony, the Russians from Brazil are here!
I don't have time for this shit. Who wants a website?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:39 AM »

Hey Tony, the Russians from Brazil are here!
I don't have time for this shit. Who wants a website?
I say just let them stay. The more the merrier!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2019, 11:29:10 AM »

I go to Costco on Sundays to receive.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »

SHAME!  ....SHAME!   ....SHAME!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »

nothing better than a three day Pentecostal Tent Revival to get the spirit flowing.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »

I may visit the Baptists Sunday, or the drunks at Club Recovery. not sure yet.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »

I may visit the Baptists Sunday, or the drunks at Club Recovery. not sure yet.
Sounds like an easy choice to me.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2019, 12:21:10 PM »

Oh, we try and get a little fire and brimstone happening on a regular basis.  Plenty of "repent sinner" without the condemnation to hell bit, since that's God's decision, not ours. ;-)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2019, 12:21:42 PM »

nothing better than a three day Pentecostal Tent Revival to get the spirit flowing.
Indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8