Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2019, 10:45:18 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.

you preaching Sunday?
No, #1 son designed an Easter oratorio of sorts. Sitting down with my dad (over scotch and cigars) tonight to tidy up the narratives. Saturday will be a brutal day rehearsing. But it's looking to be a pretty cool Easter service.
sounds like a nice family holiday.
Kinda the family bidness. Doesn't make any money, but keeps us out of trouble...mostly.

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2019, 10:46:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.

you preaching Sunday?
No, #1 son designed an Easter oratorio of sorts. Sitting down with my dad (over scotch and cigars) tonight to tidy up the narratives. Saturday will be a brutal day rehearsing. But it's looking to be a pretty cool Easter service.
Now if more  ministers prepared that way, I think services would be a lot more interesting.
Well, I don't know about more interesting, but certainly less artificial.
Honest, thought out and with personal touch is always more interesting.

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2019, 10:47:44 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
....but I guess those issues would only mean something to Catholics....

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
As a Worship Arts director at a church that makes a priority of being "intergenerational," it's a constant struggle to hit the right balance and tone, to find ways to inspire people with different priorities. Interestingly, it's the Millennials who want church to be more liturgical and formal, and the Boomers who want it to be casual. Really weird when the old people call the young people "square."

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2019, 11:21:23 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
As a Worship Arts director at a church that makes a priority of being "intergenerational," it's a constant struggle to hit the right balance and tone, to find ways to inspire people with different priorities. Interestingly, it's the Millennials who want church to be more liturgical and formal, and the Boomers who want it to be casual. Really weird when the old people call the young people "square."
you mean there's no more " REPENT SINNERS OR YOU'RE ALL DOOMED TO HELL!?"

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2019, 11:26:51 AM »

Hey Tony, the Russians from Brazil are here!
I don't have time for this shit. Who wants a website?

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:39 AM »

Hey Tony, the Russians from Brazil are here!
I don't have time for this shit. Who wants a website?
I say just let them stay. The more the merrier!

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2019, 11:29:10 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
I go to Costco on Sundays to receive.

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
As a Worship Arts director at a church that makes a priority of being "intergenerational," it's a constant struggle to hit the right balance and tone, to find ways to inspire people with different priorities. Interestingly, it's the Millennials who want church to be more liturgical and formal, and the Boomers who want it to be casual. Really weird when the old people call the young people "square."
you mean there's no more " REPENT SINNERS OR YOU'RE ALL DOOMED TO HELL!?"
SHAME!  ....SHAME!   ....SHAME!

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »

[...]
nothing better than a three day Pentecostal Tent Revival to get the spirit flowing.

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
I go to Costco on Sundays to receive.
I may visit the Baptists Sunday, or the drunks at Club Recovery. not sure yet.

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
I go to Costco on Sundays to receive.
I may visit the Baptists Sunday, or the drunks at Club Recovery. not sure yet.
Sounds like an easy choice to me.

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2019, 12:21:10 PM »

Went to Palm Sunday service in Greenville.  Nice church and congregation.  Felt like I had stepped back 50 years.  Never heard that version of the Apostle's creed (even different from the stupid current Catholic version), and the priest had his back to the altar and priests distributed all communion, not silly "ecumenical ministers" handing it out like cheese samples.
As a Worship Arts director at a church that makes a priority of being "intergenerational," it's a constant struggle to hit the right balance and tone, to find ways to inspire people with different priorities. Interestingly, it's the Millennials who want church to be more liturgical and formal, and the Boomers who want it to be casual. Really weird when the old people call the young people "square."
you mean there's no more " REPENT SINNERS OR YOU'RE ALL DOOMED TO HELL!?"
Oh, we try and get a little fire and brimstone happening on a regular basis.  Plenty of "repent sinner" without the condemnation to hell bit, since that's God's decision, not ours. ;-)

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2019, 12:21:42 PM »

[...]
Indeed.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8