CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 2/23/2018  (Read 6096 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/23/2018
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »

found something called a "Casa Blanca"  Dominican robusto.  we'll give it a try.
Actually pretty decent smoke for a lunchtime break.  here's the link.  not sure i'd pay $3 a piece for them, but i'd definitely go $2-2.50.  pretty sure I got it in a sampler with a BGM and a few other "different" (to me) sticks.
https://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar-directory/casa-blanca-cigars/casa-blanca-deluxe-natural-24236/
It says Aficionado gave it an 87. I haven't been overly impressed with an B.G. Meyer's that I've tried.
I think the BGM and now the Casa Blanca both were good sticks, but just good, not standout good.  reminds me of some bundled cigars I've tried.  good, one dimensional inexpensive smokes.  I will say that someone wrote the construction and draw were good and I do agree with that.  it smoked well.
I recall having very good construction on each of the BGM I've smoked. That said, I'm not looking for any more of 'em.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »

found something called a "Casa Blanca"  Dominican robusto.  we'll give it a try.
Actually pretty decent smoke for a lunchtime break.  here's the link.  not sure i'd pay $3 a piece for them, but i'd definitely go $2-2.50.  pretty sure I got it in a sampler with a BGM and a few other "different" (to me) sticks.
https://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar-directory/casa-blanca-cigars/casa-blanca-deluxe-natural-24236/
It says Aficionado gave it an 87. I haven't been overly impressed with an B.G. Meyer's that I've tried.
I think the BGM and now the Casa Blanca both were good sticks, but just good, not standout good.  reminds me of some bundled cigars I've tried.  good, one dimensional inexpensive smokes.  I will say that someone wrote the construction and draw were good and I do agree with that.  it smoked well.
I recall having very good construction on each of the BGM I've smoked. That said, I'm not looking for any more of 'em.
i've only smoked the 2.  not looking for more.  not even sure what else came with that particular sampler.  must have been a BGM sampler that in a semi drunken state one weekend i "thought i'd try".  alright, maybe a little more than just "semi".

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »

i've only smoked the 2.  not looking for more.  not even sure what else came with that particular sampler.  must have been a BGM sampler that in a semi drunken state one weekend i "thought i'd try".  alright, maybe a little more than just "semi".
can't relate..... :o  :-X

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2018, 03:16:22 PM »

Time to call it a weekend.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2018, 03:49:14 PM »

Time to call it a weekend.
So that you CAN relate?

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »

Have a good weekend Dave!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2018, 04:16:08 PM »

Believe I'll sacrifice a Puro Ambar for the cause on the ride home today.  All y'all have a good weekend.  (hell of an echo in here...)

Threebean

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2018, 04:16:47 PM »

Afternoon boys.  Undercrown corona viva in the work man cave.

Threebean

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »

Believe I'll sacrifice a Puro Ambar for the cause on the ride home today.  All y'all have a good weekend.  (hell of an echo in here...)
I'll pickup where you and Dave left off.  Enjoy your evening.

Short stack

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2018, 04:47:21 PM »

//I will help since what I heard every one at this banter is too pus whipped to post at nite

Short stack

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »

//I will help since what I heard every one at this banter is too pus whipped to post at nite
//Me at 75 I cant think of a better whipping

Threebean

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2018, 05:06:05 PM »

Ha, while there may be some truth to that, I think it's simply less opportunity while tied up with family and other stuff. You know, more important than work stuff.  Afternoon, SS.

Short stack

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2018, 05:10:28 PM »

Ha, while there may be some truth to that, I think it's simply less opportunity while tied up with family and other stuff. You know, more important than work stuff.  Afternoon, SS.
/I would agree if I was a family man they would come first

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »

I didn't leave, just a bit of a break.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »

Good day Short Stack.  Hope all is well with you.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8