Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Sam Bradford has a hurt knee again?  I'm shocked!  Shocked I say!  This is unprecedented!

Nintendo is going to bring its NES Classic back in 2018, and Polaroid is rebooting the OneStep camera.  That was then, and this is then too.

Springfield Armory XDM bitone in .40 S&W for $349.  Tempting.  Very tempting.  Must resist temptation.

Evening men.  Here is your gate rack check report.  Couple of hot yoga pants wearing blondes at the bar.  Busy at MHT.  Flight showing 10 min late.  If that holds not bad for a Friday afternoon.
Afternoon, Bean.  Didn't see you sneak in there.

Anybody got any experience with gas cooktops?  I have to pick one out.
When we redid the kitchen years ago we got the then current model of the following:
Frigidaire Gallery 30'' Slide-In Gas Range  30" W x 28-5/16" D x 36-5/8" H FGGS3065PF
We have been using it for about 10 years with little to no problems.  it is a slide in,
meant to go between cabinets, and it is a stove, not a cooktop.  the question is how much do you need
to cook at once( Italians have a big pot of sauce, and the big pasta pot as well).

I was really excited for American Assassin to arrive in theaters.  Then I saw the trailer and realized the filmmakers totally ignored the book.  Apparently, the notion of making a movie about an assassin exacting revenge on Muslim terrorists would be too bigoted.

Movie is dead on arrival, as far as I'm concerned.

I was really excited for American Assassin to arrive in theaters.  Then I saw the trailer and realized the filmmakers totally ignored the book.  Apparently, the notion of making a movie about an assassin exacting revenge on Muslim terrorists would be too bigoted.

Movie is dead on arrival, as far as I'm concerned.
Then don't read Ian Fleming's "The Spy who Loved Me", not even close to the James
Bond movie they made.

Anybody got any experience with gas cooktops?  I have to pick one out.
When we redid the kitchen years ago we got the then current model of the following:
Frigidaire Gallery 30'' Slide-In Gas Range  30" W x 28-5/16" D x 36-5/8" H FGGS3065PF
We have been using it for about 10 years with little to no problems.  it is a slide in,
meant to go between cabinets, and it is a stove, not a cooktop.  the question is how much do you need
to cook at once( Italians have a big pot of sauce, and the big pasta pot as well).
I'm intending to go with a 30".  36" would be a bit too wide.  Five burner.  We cook like Italians.  Current electric cooktop has four burners, but we're always wishing for a fifth.

But it has to be a cooktop.  The remodel that was done just before we bought the house eliminated the slide-in-range in favor of dual built-in electric ovens, an electric cooktop, and extra drawers.  I'm replacing the electric cooktop with a gas one.

Springfield Armory XDM bitone in .40 S&W for $349.  Tempting.  Very tempting.  Must resist temptation.
My FN9 looks a lot like that.
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *

101 Hit & Run ready to light but I can't seem to locate any fire!  FMTT's!!!
D'oh!
Found some matches, all fired up and a Sweetwater Hash opened.
/Glad to see you made it to the sunny south coast ,Welcome if You enjoy as much as I have for the last 28 years your life will be good,But remember when You were bitching about tourists,It goes with the territory,You learn to eat at the bar a lot it avoids long lines,Enjoy I am glad for You

Evening men.  Here is your gate rack check report.  Couple of hot yoga pants wearing blondes at the bar.  Busy at MHT.  Flight showing 10 min late.  If that holds not bad for a Friday afternoon.
Afternoon, Bean.  Didn't see you sneak in there.
Hey Remodeling
Raz.  15 min delay now.  There goes my 1 hr connection time.

[...]

I've got some big stock pots, for when I make turkey soup, or cook a half
dozen 2lb lobsters, or a big batch of chili. think you might need 120 volt for the pzieo ignitors,
you should have 220V there already.  Gas is better if you want to use a Wok.

Take care guys, just remembered it's Friday...

I was really excited for American Assassin to arrive in theaters.  Then I saw the trailer and realized the filmmakers totally ignored the book.  Apparently, the notion of making a movie about an assassin exacting revenge on Muslim terrorists would be too bigoted.

Movie is dead on arrival, as far as I'm concerned.
Then don't read Ian Fleming's "The Spy who Loved Me", not even close to the James
Bond movie they made.
Same for "Live and Let Die."  I've read all the Fleming novels many times.  The thing is, the Bond novels are generally so cartoonish anyway that you don't much care what they do with the movies.

But to shy away from the centrality of Muslim Terrorism in Vince Flynn's books is, in this day and age, clearly political pandering.  Instead of Mitch Rapp hunting down Muslim terrorists who kidnapped a businessman and a CIA operative in Beirut, we get some story about Rapp hunting down a rogue CIA operative who's trying to start a global war.  In other words, it's yet another narrative about America making its own mess.  So it's going to sell real well in France, India, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.  And it has a gorgeous Turkish female operative, so the Turks'll dig it.  That's what the filmmakers want.  Making a movie about killing radical Muslim terrorists is going to cut into international sales.

But that was Vince Flynn's narrative.

Springfield Armory XDM bitone in .40 S&W for $349.  Tempting.  Very tempting.  Must resist temptation.
My FN9 looks a lot like that.
FNS or FNX?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13