CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 17, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

Title: 8/17/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on August 17, 2018, 12:00:11 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 03:54:49 AM
Interesting selection at cigar.com. Unfortunately, one is back ordered and the other two are not discounted.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 17, 2018, 05:56:14 AM
Interesting selection at cigar.com. Unfortunately, one is back ordered and the other two are not discounted.
Must be trying a new "strategy" today.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 17, 2018, 07:02:31 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 07:07:00 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Good morning, Dean and Dave.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 17, 2018, 07:07:22 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 07:20:44 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
On the part of coffee, GFY.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 17, 2018, 07:32:48 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
agreed, but sometimes you gotta take a little bad to appreciate the goof.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 17, 2018, 07:34:12 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
On the part of coffee, GFY.
Back atcha, slim!
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 17, 2018, 07:34:37 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
On the part of coffee, GFY.
Back atcha, slim!
Though, I suppose I wouldn't mind the REO part, also. Not a bad stick there, for a cheapy cheapo.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 07:40:03 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
On the part of coffee, GFY.
Back atcha, slim!
Though, I suppose I wouldn't mind the REO part, also. Not a bad stick there, for a cheapy cheapo.
Agreed. Admittedly haven't smoked one in a decade.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 07:40:49 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
agreed, but sometimes you gotta take a little bad to appreciate the goof.
Yeah, we relish the goof.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 17, 2018, 08:16:57 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
Morning, Dean. I'm jealous of the hot tub and the pizza meeting. The rest of that can go suck an egg.
agreed, but sometimes you gotta take a little bad to appreciate the goof.
Yeah, we relish the goof.
Excel in it, really.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 08:40:54 AM
Good morning Dean, Tony, and JustOneDave.  Been driving all over the state last couple days.  Happy to be back in the orifice (TWHS).
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 17, 2018, 08:49:56 AM
Good morning Dean, Tony, and JustOneDave.  Been driving all over the state last couple days.  Happy to be back in the orifice (TWHS).
We're gonna have to start calling you TravellinBean.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 09:00:39 AM
Good morning Dean, Tony, and JustOneDave.  Been driving all over the state last couple days.  Happy to be back in the orifice (TWHS).
Welcome back, Mark. We've been doing our best to hold down the fort.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 17, 2018, 09:01:27 AM
good morning Traveling Mark.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 17, 2018, 09:02:12 AM
Chicago PD reruns, lost my motivation to do chores.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 09:03:54 AM
Good morning Dean, Tony, and JustOneDave.  Been driving all over the state last couple days.  Happy to be back in the orifice (TWHS).
Welcome back, Mark. We've been doing our best to hold down the fort.
Tough to do given we have an AWOL Dave and no birthdays and historical references.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 09:18:46 AM
Good morning Dean, Tony, and JustOneDave.  Been driving all over the state last couple days.  Happy to be back in the orifice (TWHS).
Welcome back, Mark. We've been doing our best to hold down the fort.
Tough to do given we have an AWOL Dave and no birthdays and historical references.
He's a bit under the weather but will return shortly.

In the meantime...

Rapper Kelvin Mercer aka Posdnuos, or simply Pos is 49.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 09:41:28 AM
When's the last time we heard from Sam?
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 17, 2018, 09:50:08 AM
Calling it a day early today, so hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 09:51:12 AM
Calling it a day early today, so hazzuh!
You are not excused.  Somebody hit the Daveless banter alarm.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 09:53:40 AM
Calling it a day early today, so hazzuh!
Sheesh, why bother showing up at all?
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 09:54:40 AM
When's the last time we heard from Sam?
It's been 2 weeks. Wonder if he's on vacation.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 10:38:15 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
why would anyone want a kitty litter pizza?
Good morning boys...
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 10:42:20 AM
good morning Dave and Tony. REO and Coffee before soak in the hot tub. need to pay some bills, make a trip to the P.O., UPS, and grab kitty litter. pizza meeting tonight.
why would anyone want a kitty litter pizza?
Good morning boys...
We don't judge.

Good morning, Flip.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 10:42:52 AM
today's birthdays in Music:
1949 Sib Hashian, rock drummer (Boston), born in Boston, Massachusetts
1953 Kevin Rowlands, rock vocalist (Dexy's Midnight Runners-Come on Eileen)
1954 Eric Johnson, American guitarist
1955 Colin Moulding, English pop guitarist (XTC)
1955 Kevin Welch, California, country songwriter/actor (Thing Called Love)
1958 Belinda Carlisle, (GoGos lead singer, Heaven on Earth), born in Hollywood, California
1960 Stephan Eicher, Swiss singer
1962 Gilby Clarke, US pop guitarist (Guns n' Roses-Civil War)
1964 Colin James, Canadian musician
1965 Glen Goldsmith, rocker (What You See is What You Get)
1965 Steve Gorman, Hopkinsville Ky, rock drummer (Black Crowes)
1966 Maysa Leak, American Jazz Singer
1967 Kevin Max, American singer (dc talk)
1969 Donald E Wahlberg Jr, rocker (New Kids-Hangin' Tough), born in Boston, Massachusetts
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 10:48:00 AM
Flip's quote of the day:
The grass is greener, where you water it
flips, corollary:
Where the grass is brown, the cat pissed on it!
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 10:50:17 AM
today in history:
On this day in 1969, the grooviest event in music history–the Woodstock Music Festival–draws to a close after three days of peace, love and rock ‘n’ roll in upstate New York.

Conceived as “Three Days of Peace and Music,” Woodstock was a product of a partnership between John Roberts, Joel Rosenman, Artie Kornfield and Michael Lang. Their idea was to make enough money from the event to build a recording studio near the arty New York town of Woodstock. When they couldn’t find an appropriate venue in the town itself, the promoters decided to hold the festival on a 600-acre dairy farm in Bethel, New York–some 50 miles from Woodstock–owned by Max Yasgur.

By the time the weekend of the festival arrived, the group had sold a total of 186,000 tickets and expected no more than 200,000 people to show up. By Friday night, however, thousands of eager early arrivals were pushing against the entrance gates. Fearing they could not control the crowds, the promoters made the decision to open the concert to everyone, free of charge. Close to half a million people attended Woodstock, jamming the roads around Bethel with eight miles of traffic.

Soaked by rain and wallowing in the muddy mess of Yasgur’s fields, young fans best described as “hippies” euphorically took in the performances of acts like Janis Joplin, Arlo Guthrie, Joe Cocker, Joan Baez, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Sly and the Family Stone and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. The Who performed in the early morning hours of August 17, with Roger Daltrey belting out “See Me, Feel Me,” from the now-classic album Tommy just as the sun began to rise. The most memorable moment of the concert for many fans was the closing performance by Jimi Hendrix, who gave a rambling, rocking solo guitar performance of “The Star Spangled Banner.”

With not enough bathroom facilities and first-aid tents to accommodate such a huge crowd, many described the atmosphere at the festival as chaotic. There were surprisingly few episodes of violence, though one teenager was accidentally run over and killed by a tractor and another died from a drug overdose. A number of musicians performed songs expressing their opposition to the Vietnam War, a sentiment that was enthusiastically shared by the vast majority of the audience. Later, the term “Woodstock Nation” would be used as a general term to describe the youth counterculture of the 1960s.

A 25th anniversary celebration of Woodstock took place in 1994 in Saugerties, New York. Known as Woodstock II, the concert featured Bob Dylan and Crosby, Stills and Nash as well as newer acts such as Nine Inch Nails and Green Day. Held over another rainy, muddy weekend, the event drew an estimated 300,000 people.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 10:53:13 AM
flip's paraphrase of the day, from the Bogart classic
the treasure of the sierra madre
"Daves, we don't need no stinking Daves!"
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 10:53:40 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you page three!
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 10:55:37 AM
I already choose my way home smoke. Going with the Four Kicks Mule Kick Limited Edition 2018.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 10:55:43 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you page three!
Nicely done!
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 10:57:37 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you page three!
Well done.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 10:58:19 AM
Flip is an honorary Dave today.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 11:02:10 AM
Flip is an honorary Dave today.
An oxymoron, to be sure, but yeah, way to go, flip.  You should reward yourself with an extra exotic lunch today.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 11:13:02 AM
Flip is an honorary Dave today.
An oxymoron, to be sure, but yeah, way to go, flip.  You should reward yourself with an extra exotic lunch today.
I was thinking ostrich leg, but I couldn't find a plate big enough!
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 17, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 12:19:06 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
congrats
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 17, 2018, 12:20:58 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
congrats
Thanks, Flip.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 12:40:40 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
Congrats, Bret! I figured it was yours. Glad to hear it though. Any celebration plans with the family for this weekend?
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 17, 2018, 12:45:31 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.

break out the cigars!!!
Congratulations BossMan.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 17, 2018, 12:46:11 PM
afternoon Flip and BossMan.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 17, 2018, 12:55:32 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
Congrats, Bret! I figured it was yours. Glad to hear it though. Any celebration plans with the family for this weekend?
The wife and #1 son are en route to Arizona to take the MIL home. I got feted last night by MacGuyver, the Professor, and the Gunslinger. Stayed up way too late.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 17, 2018, 12:57:26 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.

break out the cigars!!!
Congratulations BossMan.
We did last night. But it's a bit of a blur. I think I smoked a Montecristo White that was acceptable.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 01:04:44 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
Congrats, Bret! I figured it was yours. Glad to hear it though. Any celebration plans with the family for this weekend?
The wife and #1 son are en route to Arizona to take the MIL home. I got feted last night by MacGuyver, the Professor, and the Gunslinger. Stayed up way too late.

This space for rent.
Quiet time is nice too.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 17, 2018, 01:36:56 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
Congrats, Bret! I figured it was yours. Glad to hear it though. Any celebration plans with the family for this weekend?
The wife and #1 son are en route to Arizona to take the MIL home. I got feted last night by MacGuyver, the Professor, and the Gunslinger. Stayed up way too late.

This space for rent.
jeepers, my friends have nicknames like Shadow & Luther, your guys sound way cool, my guys just sound great.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 01:39:57 PM
Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
Congrats, Bret! I figured it was yours. Glad to hear it though. Any celebration plans with the family for this weekend?
The wife and #1 son are en route to Arizona to take the MIL home. I got feted last night by MacGuyver, the Professor, and the Gunslinger. Stayed up way too late.

This space for rent.
jeepers, my friends have nicknames like Shadow & Luther, your guys sound way cool, my guys just sound great.
Yeah, but the shadow knows...
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 17, 2018, 01:56:34 PM

Morning, muchachos.  I got the promotion.

This space for rent.
Congrats, Bret! I figured it was yours. Glad to hear it though. Any celebration plans with the family for this weekend?
The wife and #1 son are en route to Arizona to take the MIL home. I got feted last night by MacGuyver, the Professor, and the Gunslinger. Stayed up way too late.

This space for rent.
jeepers, my friends have nicknames like Shadow & Luther, your guys sound way cool, my guys just sound great.

Well, I could say "Dan, Keith and Eric," but that doesn't lend any perspective.

Dan Veldt is a heavy equipment genius who can fix anything, and he's a very good gunsmith.  Eric Odell-Hein is an author and seminary president with an earned Ph.D in the study of Theodicy. Keith Blake is a real estate hustler and IDPA competitor. So...MacGuyver, the Professor, and the Gunslinger.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 02:04:23 PM

[...]

How would any of them describe Razgueado?
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 17, 2018, 02:15:36 PM

[...]

A pain in the ass.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 02:31:49 PM

[...]

Oh, so the same way we describe you here?
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 03:25:41 PM

[...]

On a good day.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 03:33:03 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 04:11:10 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
That's not a bad idea. I was going to smoke the Mule Kick but I may change that now.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 04:12:41 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
That's not a bad idea. I was going to smoke the Mule Kick but I may change that now.
Nah, never mind. I already took the other one out. Too lazy to switch now. I have a bit of a head cold but my taste buds do not seem to be affected.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 17, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

[...]

Zactly.

This space for rent.

Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 05:39:28 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
That's not a bad idea. I was going to smoke the Mule Kick but I may change that now.
Nah, never mind. I already took the other one out. Too lazy to switch now. I have a bit of a head cold but my taste buds do not seem to be affected.
Excellent smoke. Look forward to smoking another once I get over my cold.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/86e253492c894c3f9653aa6bfda998f7.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 05:51:33 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
That's not a bad idea. I was going to smoke the Mule Kick but I may change that now.
Nah, never mind. I already took the other one out. Too lazy to switch now. I have a bit of a head cold but my taste buds do not seem to be affected.
Excellent smoke. Look forward to smoking another once I get over my cold.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/86e253492c894c3f9653aa6bfda998f7.jpg)
Hard to go wrong with a Four Kicks.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 06:23:14 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
That's not a bad idea. I was going to smoke the Mule Kick but I may change that now.
Nah, never mind. I already took the other one out. Too lazy to switch now. I have a bit of a head cold but my taste buds do not seem to be affected.
Excellent smoke. Look forward to smoking another once I get over my cold.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/86e253492c894c3f9653aa6bfda998f7.jpg)
Hard to go wrong with a Four Kicks.
Indeed. This Mule Kick was even better than the original. IMHFO, of course.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 17, 2018, 06:28:53 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
That's not a bad idea. I was going to smoke the Mule Kick but I may change that now.
Nah, never mind. I already took the other one out. Too lazy to switch now. I have a bit of a head cold but my taste buds do not seem to be affected.
Excellent smoke. Look forward to smoking another once I get over my cold.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/86e253492c894c3f9653aa6bfda998f7.jpg)
Hard to go wrong with a Four Kicks.
Indeed. This Mule Kick was even better than the original. IMHFO, of course.
I've moved on to a Little Devil here.  First cigars all week.
Title: Re: 8/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 17, 2018, 06:55:19 PM
Afternoon BossRaz and Tony.  In the work man cave with a Laranja.  Friday at last.
That's not a bad idea. I was going to smoke the Mule Kick but I may change that now.
Nah, never mind. I already took the other one out. Too lazy to switch now. I have a bit of a head cold but my taste buds do not seem to be affected.
Excellent smoke. Look forward to smoking another once I get over my cold.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/86e253492c894c3f9653aa6bfda998f7.jpg)
Hard to go wrong with a Four Kicks.
Indeed. This Mule Kick was even better than the original. IMHFO, of course.
I've moved on to a Little Devil here.  First cigars all week.
I just walked through the door. It started pouring like a son of a bitch, as soon as I got off the bus.